18.

The Moon is Broken
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

They say...

If you love several people at the same time it means you love none.

To fix old love or accept a new one and jump into an adventure?

Both opinions sound temptingly good,


but only one is right.
 




"You are losing the focus, my fairy."






After the exhausting birthday party and all the confusion I wasn't in the mood to just pop at Paradise kiss like nothing ever happened. I knew the guys would just act normally. Jiyong will pretend I never asked him out and Seung Hyun will continue with his totally fake flirting. I will be back to square one, zero.

That would be such a let down so I decided to skip the work. It's not like I was needed there anyway. I thought I would enjoy the money but Seung Hyun's words kept haunting me. I don't know why I always let him affect me so much but I still think he was right when saying I should save the money.

I took them to a bank, forgetting about the embarrassing text on the envelope. You can imagine the girl at the bank looking at me weirdly when she saw it.

Later I met up with Taeyang and we went to watch a movie like we sometimes do. Our hands brushed against each other while we ate the popcorn but Taeyang acted like nothing ever happened.

Why do all guys around me keep acting like nothing happens?! I wanted to dump all the popcorns on his stupid head! It's like they all are waiting for me to do something. Except Seung Hyun, who seems to be doing something on the background all the time.

After watching the movie Taeyang asked what did I want to do. I shrugged not knowing what to say. I wasn't feeling hungry and singing karaoke would be a torture because he at singing. I wanted to suggest we go to a library, as a joke of course, when he suddenly noticed a gaming hall. I agreed to go play some games because that would help me let some steam off.

We played for a while and I must say I was enjoying myself quite a lot. Until:

"We need to go now" Taeyang suddenly grabbed my hand.

"But I haven't finished..." I closed my mouth when I saw him glare at someone.

I looked at the direction but couldn't tell who it was. Taeyang's eyes darted at other direction. I sensed him growing tense, his hold of my hand tightened and I knew it would be better to just follow him. Without any questions.

"What's going on?" I whispered but he didn't answer, he tugged me along and quickly walked towards the entrance.

“Taeyang" I heard someone yell.

"Run" Taeyang whispered, storming at a random direction and pulling me along. He was running fast but the guys who were following us were fast too. I heard several voices.

"Stop!"

"You won't be able to get away this time!"

"You a.sshole!"

I think I was getting numb to these gangster situations because I wasn't feeling scared anymore. At all. I rather felt annoyed, thinking "Not again". Somehow, seeing how Taeyang didn't feel an ounce of fear calmed me down great deal, he looked so confident.

In the end, we couldn't run away from the mysterious men because we faced a dead end. Damn it. I was totally out of my breathe and leaned my hand against the wall to catch my breathe but Taeyang stood straight, facing his whatever enemy, not even out of breathe. I guess, at situations like these going to gym every day pays off. Why the heck am I so lazy?

"What the he.ll are you doing here?" Taeyang asked in a cold voice. I looked up and saw four guys stand in front of us, they were all panting.

"We couldn't find you in France where you told us you would be. So we came back" one of the men said mockingly.

"So, he is still looking for me?" Taeyang ran his hand through his hair and I saw an ironic smile spread on his face. His gentle and soft features were gone, his face turned stoic and cold like he didn't know how to smile. I forgot to breathe and just gaped at him.

"Not anymore, we found you so..."

"Try forcing me to go" Taeyang scoffed. "You know I can take you all down without even getting out of breathe" he cracked his knuckles while evil smile played on his lips. "Leave me alone, I don't give a damn about things I used to care about."

The guy who was speaking all this time glanced at me. I couldn't see his face because he was wearing a cap.

"You have other things to care about now, huh?" I heard him smirk "How about we take those things away so you will have to start caring about something more important?"

"Touch her and you are dead."

I shuddered when I heard that statement because Taeyang sounded like he would do that without even hesitating. My intuition was confirmed because the guy with the cap shifted his gaze off me and never laid his eyes on me again.

Taeyang squatted down and grabbed a small rock. He smiled conceitedly as he kept throwing it up and catching it. He looked untouchable, even cooler than Seung Hyun could ever look.

"Min Woo, I think you should stop living your life like this. Give up."

"I don't think so" the guy in cap spat the words from his mouth.

"Why are you still standing there? Move aside" Taeyang ordered catching the stone for the last time, his palm squeezing in a fist.

"You have to come with us, there are no other opinions. We won't touch your things if you give us what we want."

"Never."

Something evil glinted behind Taeyang's eyes and he suddenly threw the stone at the guy standing behind Min Woo. The guy yelped in pain and I saw him bent backwards, blood spurted from his face. He quickly covered his left eye and fell on his knees, groaning in pain and cursing loudly.

I gasped when I finally realized the stone had hit him straight in the eye and I squeezed my trembling hands into fists. Guess, no one plays with Taeyang. Never expected this coming huh?

How come I did?

"As merciless as ever" Min Woo chuckled coldly. "If only I could finish you now and here..."

"You want to get hurt again?" Taeyang raised a brow. "I don't spare one person twice, you know it."

His cold voice froze the air and it became hard to breathe. For Taeyang to be this kind of person, I just couldn't believe it. Yet, subconsciously, I've always known.

"Just drop it and follow us" Min Woo said lazily.

"You can't kill me but I can kill you."

"No one said I can't hurt you."

They both glared at each other in silence for a long moment. Then Taeyang moved, he walked to Min Woo and stopped right in front of him.

"Who do you think you are to talk to me like that?" his voice was superior.

"Who are you anymore?"

"Because I don't want to be anyone anymore."

"You can't escape your past just like that, after everything you did..."

"Shut the fck up, you have no right to say shi.t in front of me!" Taeyang swung his fist at Min Woo’s face and the guy stumbled backwards.

"You useless piece of cra.p. I regret not blowing your brain into the wall when I had a chance. Likes of you deserve to be dead! You fcker, go eat shi.t all I care. Tell him he is wasting his time, I am not into business anymore and never will go back!" he yelled his face turning red.

"You will regret everything" Min Woo rubbed his throbbing cheek.

"You make me regret and I kill you." Taeyang's words made Min Woo take a step back.

"Erm, hyung" one of the guys piped in "I think we need to take Andy to the hospital."

When Min Woo wasn't paying attention Taeyang stepped closer and his hand grabbed Min Woo's handgun pulling out from it's hide.

"You better crawl back to where ever you came from." The gun was pressed against Min Woo's forehead.

"Send him my message" I heard the familiar click of a gun.

"I couldn't care less. He can send as many men after me as he wants but there is no fcking way I'll go back. It's over" he hit Min Woo's head with the handgun making him stumble to the side.

"Now tell me which one do I get to kill today" An evil smile tugged up his lips.

I didn't expect Min Woo to answer.

"How can a guy go on without his eyesight?"

"Very well then" Taeyang pointed his gun at the guy who was on his knees. Everyone else stepped aside from him as if knowing there was no use fighting back. The scene horrified me greatly.

"Taeyang!" I yelled and his gun quickly lowered. I think he came back to his sense because the next thing I knew he threw the gun at the wounded guy's head so heard the guy actually fell down and I saw blood roll down his forehead.

"Ka boom" Taeyang let out a cold chuckle. "Just take my message. I don't want a war break out between us. Like I already said so many times, it's over" his voice slowly softened and I could finally recognize him.

"Collect your shi.t and get going" He glared at Min Woo who looked unsatisfied. Without another word he turned around and started walking away. His companions helped the wounded guy up and followed their boss in silence leaving only me and Taeyang behind.

I stared at his back, he didn't budge and I don't know how much time passed like that. I snapped from my stare when I started feeling cold.

"Thank you" Taeyang whispered. "Thank you for stopping me" he slowly turned around and I saw his face, he looked kind like always, like I knew him.

"Just now" I breathed out. "What..."

"Dara, it looks like my disgusting past has come to haunt me" he let out a carefree laughter. "I'm sorry you got to witness something like that."

I shook my head "I guess, it's okay" I even surprised myself how well I was taking this all. He was offering me distraction from all the other problems and secrets I was facing. Somehow, everything considering Taeyang seemed to simple and clear, like it's always been. Simple and clear.

It was him, right?

Jjang.

I found him.

I hope I am not jumping to conclusions.

Taeyang kept silent, deep in his thoughts and his hand jammed in the pockets of his pants he walked in front of me and I followed him staring blankly at his red jacket. Now it suited him so much better than ever before. He has deserved the bright passionate color of blood, I bet, more than anyone else.

He must be the infamous Jjang, there is no doubt. The guy Dong Wook is eagerly searching for, perhaps Sil Jang's worst enemy, the guy Seung Hyun is hiding. But this makes me wonder if he became my friend by an accident or not?

Just now, he had so much authority in his powerful aura and even when Min Woo and his guys clearly didn't want to listen to him they stil

Please log in to read the full chapter