5.

The Moon is Broken
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"Why are you with her?" Bom asked giving me a nasty look. I didn't say anything, I was too surprised. She sure gave me different impression at the club last time. I guess she was drunk then because seeing her in broad daylight and sober, she wasn't just some bimbo. She was so much more.

If she had two bodyguards and expensive diamond necklace that meant she was freaking rich and maybe famous. Besides she was so pretty I couldn't but stare at her in awe. She would be a perfect match for Seung Hyun, these two pretty people... I was already becoming their fan!

"Don't misunderstand" Seung Hyun said sweetly. "I was just killing some time." He sounded completely different from last time. So I was right, last time they had a fight or something. I glanced at Seung Hyun's face, he looked calm. Awww, he looked like the perfect understanding boyfriend. I wanted to squeal.

"What happened to your face?" I bet she realized that the corner of his right eye was a bit swollen. It was his own fault for looking under my shirt. I smiled smugly by myself.

"It's nothing" Seung Hyun grabbed Bom's hand and pulled it away from his face.

"Why didn't you answer your phone?" she crossed her arms over her full chest.

"Sorry, I forgot to take it with me." he flashed a cute smile and his hand brushed against her cheek. He sure liked doing that to girls, eh?

"Ever since-"

"How did you find me?" he suddenly cut her off.

"You have been acting weird lately."

"I told you not to send anyone follow me" he said a bit sternly. Wow, sounds shady.

"How can I not when they a-"

"Not here" Seung Hyun glanced at me. "You can go back by yourself, right?" he handed me back my shopping bags, looking a little startled. I wanted to stay because I really wanted to know what was going on but how could I say something like that out loud?

"Yeah" I nodded, thinking I could follow these two and spy on them. Sounded like a great idea! They'd probably go to some coffee shop to discuss their secrets. I was dying from curiosity already. And they were so beautiful it was a pleasure to look at them.

"Take care, kid" Seung Hyun ruffled my hair then turning around and smiling brightly at Bom

"Shall we go?" He wrapped his hand around her shoulders and pulled her closer to himself.

"Why are you hanging around with her? I don't like that" I heard her murmur.

"You know other girls mean nothing to me" he chuckled.

And they made me feel like I was really, just a kid who didn't know anything. Tsh. Keeping me in the dark like this... Okay, I take back everything about adoring them, but they sure made a good couple, I thought bitterly.

WTF? Since when was I a kid? He was like five years older than me, the most. I glared at his back and bit my lips together. I couldn't but feel gloomy because I was being left out from some serious stuff. I wasn't upset because he was suddenly acting so sweet towards Bom, in fact it didn't bother me at all. I don't know why seeing him flirt with that other girl affected me so much yesterday.

It's not like I cared at all abut him being... with... another... girl. I suddenly got this urge to run after them, grab Seung Hyun's arm and claim him mine. Immediately I blushed at the thought and the shopping bags fell from my hands. I cupped my cheeks, my heart fluttering like crazy.

What in the world was wrong with me? Why did he always make me feel so strange? It's as if these feelings were not mine.

I looked up and stared at the direction where Seung Hyun and Bom had walked off to. No, this wasn't a crush. This was some other weird feeling, a scary weird feeling. Cold shivers ran down my spine and I suddenly missed Taeyang. Thinking about him reminded me of my old normal life. I should call him later...

Giving up on whatever spying plans, I picked up my bags and decided to go to a hair salon do my hair and make up. That would make me feel pretty and good! Besides, it was still early and it's not like I had anything else to do. I shouldn't think about Seung Hyun too much, like Jiyong always says.

Even though Seung Hyun gave me this certain feeling of safety he was also freaking CREEPY. Luckily this night would be dedicated to Jiyong. At least he wasn't scary as long as he didn't go all psycho. I wondered what was his problem, anyway. And slowly my thoughts drifted to Jiyong and our childhood memories. How I missed those times.


When I finally came back to Paradise Kiss it was still pretty early so I went to Seung Hyun's office -he wouldn't mind, right?- and took a nap. It was easy to fall asleep, I was dead tired after the hectic day. I don't know how long I slept but I woke up with a startle and accidentally rolled off the couch landing on the floor with a soft thud.

"Darn" I mumbled rubbing my back. Something fell off me and I realized it was a black blazer. I looked up and saw Seung Hyun sit on the armchair across the sofa. His eyes were closed and I presumed he was asleep. I grabbed the blazer wanting to toss it at him but my body suddenly froze. I brought it to my face and realized it smelled like Jiyong.

This cologne, I could recognize it anywhere.

I turned to stare at Seung Hyun. He had changed his boy band clothes into dark blue slim fit suit and baby blue collar shirt, accompanied by matching tie and leather shoes. His silver wrist watch glistened and I saw a small earring on his let ear. His dark brow hair was styled neatly and his thick rimmed glasses lied on the table along with his wallet and cellphone. Maybe he wanted to see if I will steal anything while he was asleep? Once more I glanced at his handsome profile, he looked like a prince.

Hmm... I crawled a bit closer to him and grabbed his wallet from the table. It was heavy and when I looked inside I saw a fat stack of bills, some had so many zeros my head spun. The guy was loaded, so darn loaded and I envied him.

All his cards were golden too! And he had bunch of VIP cards to several places. I got this feeling he had even more somewhere. Then I pulled out a picture and realized it was Bom's, she looked so pretty! Again, I thought they were such a great couple. A princess and a prince, how cute.

He was rich, handsome and had a perfect girlfriend. Darn lucky! I glanced at him from under my bangs my eyes full of envy. Why was life so unfair? Why him and not me? I continued to further search his wallet.

He had Jiyong's photo there as well. This was suspicious. Hmm... I brought the photo closer to my face and furrowed my brows. He had cut Jiyong from a bigger photo and there was someone's shoulder sticking out, a little bit of black wavy hair too. The setting looked familiar and I wondered why would he have Jiyong's photo in his wallet? I closed the wallet and put it back on the table.

"Yah" a whisper escaped my lips. The way Seung Hyun smiled made me suspicious.

"I'm not asleep" he answered promptly, giving me a fright. "I am thinking" he slowly opened his eyes. Could he get any creepier?

"About what?" I asked dumbly, still seated on the floor.

"Stuff" he smiled "Did you have fun going through my things?" his smirk widened.

"What are you talking about" I acted clueless. What I didn't expect was that he actually dropped the subject. Maybe he was afraid I'd ask about Jiyong's photo. Hehe..

“So was your sleep good?” he asked.

"Yeah” My hand gripped on the blazer reminding me of something. “Was Jiyong here?"

Seung Hyun looked at me for a moment, in silence. "Yeah" he then answered. "When I came back he was standing in front of the couch staring at you."

I raised a brow.

"He is such a cutie" Seung Hyun smiled "But how did you know?"

"Well" I held up the blazer.

"Right, that cologne..." Seung Hyun tapped his chin with his index finger. His words made my heart skip a few beats. Why did he know about stuff like this?

"What cologne?" I asked. He looked a little absentminded so I hoped he'd blurt something accidentally.

"The one you gave him as a birthday present when he turned 16."

"The wrapping paper, what color?"

"Blue." Correct, but how did he know?

"What pattern?"

"Penguins" My jaw dropped. Now this was really suspicious.

Suddenly Seung Hyun snapped from his empty stare and a sweet smile spread on his lips "How the heck do I remember that kind of stuff?" he chuckled.

"How the heck do you know?" I furrowed my brows.

"You must be really stupid?" Seung Hyun's amused eyes fell on me "He told me, how else?"

"Why would he tell you?"

"If you didn't happen to notice, we are friends."

"There is something awfully odd about your relationship" I commented.

"He is mad because I am teasing him" Seung Hyun chuckled.

"About what?"

"If only you knew what you mean to him. Tsk, tsk" Seung Hyun stood up from his seat and stretched. "Why don't you change into your new dress and go impress him."

"Uh..." And what was that supposed to mean?

"I need to go somewhere. I'll be back in ten minutes. Is that enough?" Seung Hyun asked as he glanced at his wristwatch.

"Yeah" I nodded as I slowly stood up from the floor.

I was still a little bemused about how much Seung Hyun knew about Jiyong and me. Why did he know? Why did Jiyong tell him and why did he bother to remember? Was he actually planning to do something to us? Eish, I shook my head. Dara you idiot, you are not making a movie here. I scratched the back of my head. I was probably thinking too much.

"Wow! You look dashing" Seung Hyun commented when he came back.

"Don't I?" I turned his way with wide smile on my lips. Seeing how pretty I was made me feel so good I forgot about everything else and was simply happy. He looked surprised at how happy I am.
 
"I swear my heart just skipped a beat" he joked his hand reaching to touch my cheek "Your skin is smooth."

I furrowed my brows, why did he touch me again?

His touch sent a wave of shivers down my spine and his gentle gaze caught my eyes. My body froze and I held my breathe, he looked dashing himself. Seung Hyun leaned in and his warmth surrounded me. I wanted to wrap my hands around his neck and kiss him passionately but instead I just stepped back and turned away.

For some reason, feeling like this towards him felt wrong. There was this bugging feeling in my stomach. Something was wrong. Besides, he was dating another girl and he touched her face just the same way he touched me. Tsh, disgusting. Still, I'd lie if I said there was no tension between us. But it was such a suspicious tension.

"You always slip away in the last minute" Seung Hyun's hand pat my head. I glanced at him and he was still smiling, not tad bit bothered by my negative reaction. "So sly."

"Stop making moves on me" I tried to sound indifferent but my voice wavered a little.

"Stop looking so tempting."

"Why do I suddenly get this feeling that I am perhaps overdoing everything?" I scratched the back of my head.

"What do you mean?" Seung Hyun stopped next to me and looked at my mirror reflection.

"I mean, I feel like I am going to attend an important date or something."

"And you aren't?" Seung Hyun looked at me.

"It's just Jiyong, there is nothing between us." I looked at him. We stared at each other.

"Don't we look good together?" he suddenly winked and I glanced at our mirror reflections. He was right, we did. But with Bom, he looked even better.

"Geez why are you so handsome?" I shifted my eyes off him and heard him laugh.

"But don't fall for me" Seung Hyun suddenly said "I won't like you back." And his words sounded like a a warning.

I gave him a dry look. But to tell the truth, I was already getting attracted to him. He pulled me closer like a magnet. Could it be just because of his looks? I couldn't say I was falling for him because I didn't know anything about him but I could say that I felt like I knew everything about him. It was a strange feeling, like I had found my soulmate or something.

This meant I might soon have a major crush... God, how much more shallow could I get? Shaking those thoughts off my mind I realized it was getting late and excused myself from Seung Hyun's somehow suffocating presence.

It was time to bully Jiyong.

 

 

I stepped into Jiyong's spacious office, it was chilly. He wasn't there so I sat on the leather couch to wait. After 30 minutes he still wasn't there and I started feeling annoyed, on top of that I was still tired. I thought I'll just close my eyes for a second and lied down on the couch.

However when I woke up I realized it had been hours. I quickly sat up and saw a jacket slid off my feet. Jiyong!

I looked up and saw him sit behind his desk, his hands crossed over it and his head resting on them. He was sleeping. Slowly I walked to him and looked at his adorable sleeping face.

I smiled and brushed away some stray hair covering his eyes.

His body stirred and he moved a little.

"Jiyong."

His eyes flew open and he straightened up.

"What time is it?" he asked with husky voice and cleared his throat.

"11.27 pm."

"Bring me some water" he glanced at me and grabbed the jacket I was holding.

"Am I your slave?" I raised a brow.

"You are my secretary" he said sounding tired. "The same thing..."

"Whatever, master."

I looked around and saw a small fridge, it was full of water bottles. I grabbed one and brought it to Jiyong. He was already standing and buttoning his jacket. Without a word he grabbed the water bottle and drank all of it's contents at once. Then he tossed it in the trash can.

"Take these and follow me" he handed me a notepad and a pen. Was he in bad mood today or something? I just shrugged and followed him, maybe it was for the better not to argue.

“Oh yeah, I forgot your blazer at Seung Hyun's office.” I suddenly remembered.

“My blazer?”

I slowly looked up at him, that sounded like a question. “You covered me with your blazer, right?”

“Ah that, sure” he shifted his eyes off me, suddenly looking even more irritated. Was he embarrassed or what? If I didn't know better I would think he didn't know about the blazer.

Jiyong's job sure was boring. He walked from one VIP room to another greeting his guests, asking if they were satisfied and whether they wanted anything or not. My job was to write everything down and then ask the waiters to run the errands. After a few hours of work I was dead tired already and my feet were hurting a lot. Darned heels! I tried to keep up smiling and act polite but it was hard when bunch of old men stare at you and drool. Besides, my cheeks started hurting from fake smiling and my face became numb. I wondered how could Jiyong endure it all?

He didn't look tired at all, he actually seemed to get into better mood with every minute. He kept flirting with all the girls we encountered and ignoring me. Was he mad at me for some reason? It couldn't be because I ruined his shoes? Was he really that petty? When Jiyong stopped to talk to a blond girl and they suddenly exchanged a passionate kiss, I got enough. The jerk was doing it on purpose to piss me off!

Was this some kind of punishment? But what did I do wrong? Okay, maybe I made fun of him this morning, but no one saw. Could he be so childish as to be still bitter about that? What right did he have to torture me like this? Like he had never made fun of me before...

"Sandara Park, where do you think you are going?" I knew he'd come after me.

"I'm tired. I don't want to be your secretary anymore" I whined.

"Yah" he grabbed my shoulder and stopped me "Shouldn't you work off the debt?"

A cheeky smile spread on my lips and I turned around to face him.

"I know that the debt has been paid off already. You want me to work here so I can earn money and buy a new shop. You are such a good brother" I pinched his cheek. Jiyong stared at me in disbelief.

"Did hyung tell you?"

"I wouldn't mind if you just gave me the money, though."

"Dara, shut up and follow me" Jiyong said trough gritted teeth.

"I don't want to" I freed my shoulder "My feet hurt a lot and I am tired of those erted stares I get in every room. I'm also thirsty. I rather clean the toilets than spend any more time with you."

Jiyong's face stiffened. He looked irritated but tried his best not to throw his temper all over the place. I could tell he was getting tipsy, because in every room people wanted to drink a shot or few with him.

"You don't know the whole truth" he hissed.

"Why don't you tell me?" I crossed my hands over my chest.

"Fine, do whatever you want" he spat the words from his mouth and turned away. "Like I care" he added as he walked away.

“Okay.” What was bugging him now?

I wondered what was making him so angry? I don't think I did anything wrong. Besides, I didn't deserve this kind of treatment. Screw him! My mood was ruined too, he didn't even notice that I had put a lot of effort into my appearance. But why the heck did I care? I mean, why did I go so far as to dress up and all that stuff?

When I finally reached the bar counter I ordered all kind of fancy and expensive drinks not caring if I had money to pay for them or not. They could add it to the debt or whatever. As I was emptying yet another glass of sweet liquid someone tapped my shoulder. I looked up and saw some random guy, he asked if I wanted t

Please log in to read the full chapter