55.

The Moon is Broken
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

You make me so upset sometimes
I feel like I could lose my mind

Here's my dilemma
One half of me wants ya
And the other half wants to forget
My-my-my dilemma
From the moment I met ya
I just can't get you out of my head
And I tell myself to run from you
But I find myself atractted to my dilemma
My dilemma
It's you, it's you
Selena Gomez - My Dilemma

But still. I love you like a love song baby.



"Oh, it's no use. She's so beautiful, and I'm... Well, look at me!"
Said the Beast who had helplessly fallen in love with the Beauty.



"Oh, it's no use.
.
.
She's so beautiful, and I'm...
.
.
.
Well, look at me!"





Bom ed her new fur coat and hung it on the backrest of a chair. Slowly she looked up savoring every second of the calming silence as her eyes scanned the room. It was simply dead, sings of a human presence had stilled. Clothes lying on the floor, opened book on the coffee table and half empty tea cup on the bookshelf frozen in time. As if million years ago this person had mysteriously disappeared with an unfulfilled intention to return.

But the truth was different, this person has not really ever been there. Truly, honestly, utterly devoted. That person... has always been somewhere else.

Short beige dress wrapped around her body suggestively. A black wide belt was tightly wrapped around her flat stomach bringing out the curves of her hips. Her legs, long and slender were trapped into skin colored extra thin stockings and diamonds glinted on the white stilettos she hadn't bothered to take off. Bom moved, her long earrings making a barely audible chink. Her bracelets slid lower on her thin wrist when she brought up her hand to move her bangs to the side.

 Today her shiny silky hair was curled and loosely gathered together with a shining flower shaped diamond hair barrette. In whole simplicity she looked stunning, glowing with sophisticated elegance. But there was no warmth emitting from her body, she was ice cold, never ending snow glinted in her eyes. Maybe that's why, that person... has never bothered to come too close.

After all, ice can't melt snow and snow only piles up against the hard surface of the ice burying it underneath, never getting on the other side. Their fates only intertwine on the day when frost makes way to the warmth of spring. But that day is such a sad day for it's the last day of their existence before they melt into nothing, into beautiful regretful oblivion. But finally... together.

You make me so upset sometimes
I feel like I could lose my mind
The conversation goes nowhere
Cause you never gonna take me there



And I tell myself to run from you
But I found myself attracted to my dilemma
My dilemma
It's you, it's you
Selena Gomez - My Dilemma



“You are here, hotcakes.” Bom's gaze holds Jiyong's. He is smiling like always, his smile nothing but a phantom of a distant happiness he could never catch. Never once has he smiled genuinely in her presence and now she knows it better than ever. But how attractively deceiving his smile is, it's perfect. You just look at it and want to believe there is nothing wrong, there are no lies and pretense.

But the truth is different, his feelings have long faded, transforming into necessary habits. What you'd think is a demonstration of satisfaction or pleasure, in fact, is just a motoric gesture. He is like a robot, tune him the way you want and he will do according our wishes. Always. No matter how hard Bom ever tried, it was simply impossible to break him. At least for her, for someone else one breathe might be enough, just one look, one smile, one touch. But for her, no matter how she pushes, twists, hits or kicks. Not even a bruise appears on the sleek surface, not even the smallest crack. Nothing.

Steamy and moist, Jiyong was fresh out from the shower. A few droplets of water rolled down his chest and toned stomach. He was wearing only lounge pants and his thin bathrobe hung loosely from his shoulder. He was wearing those black slippers he had bought from a discount bin even though everything else on him was marked with brand names. He was hopeless.

No matter how much she had tried to transform him into the elegant man Seung Hyun has always been she had miserably failed. He would eat at the noisy and dirty restaurants she'd never even thing about looking at, not to mention to enter. He would wander at the busy bustling markets and buy his groceries from small shops where you can never be sure about the quality and freshness.

He wouldn't care whether he was wearing some cheap rug or a branded cloth. There was no question which one suited him better, which one was worth his shoulders. But too many times he preferred something cheap and comfortable over elegant and stylish. Hoodies, tees, jeans and sweats, even baseball caps. She couldn't stand that side of him, the one which he was unable to let go of.

He was the guy who surprised her by sitting on the floor instead of a chair, who preferred sleeping on a tatami instead of a bed, a guy who would eat ramyun while watching those useless talk shows made to entertain stupid common people. He wasn't scared of getting his clothes dirtied, didn't much care about small talk or meeting other privileged people, at the beginning he had been even clumsy and embarrassing, and he was even okay with taking the public transports.

During these years a lot had changed, his social skills became way better, his sense in style and manners improved and he was able to emit the same elegance she did but... his true self has always been the same. Just a simple guy from an average family. Once a prince, now just a fool.

Jiyong grabbed his tea cup and gulped down the rest of cooled down liquid, something a high class person would have never done. Bom sighed, a helpless smile tugging at her lips.

He was not Seung Hyun and would never be, Seung Hyun didn't even like tea. She had been fooling herself forever until realizing she actually had some warm feelings for this simple guy who always did the opposite from what she wanted. Lost in his own little world, he was cute and adorable yet dark and dangerous. He was a ball of contradictions flying into your face, a complete mystery.

“What are you doing here?” she finally asked, kneeling down to pick up his shirt from the floor. “Don't throw your thing around in my place...”

“Forget about it” Jiyong ripped the shirt from her hand and threw it back on the floor. She wanted to give him a strict look but he suddenly pulled her in a gentle hug. “I missed you.”

“Liar.”

“Liar? How can you be so cold?” Jiyong pretended to be hurt, he pulled away from the hug, his hands still remaining on her bare shoulders and leaned down so his face was on the same level with hers. Since she was still wearing her stilettos he didn't have to go down much, she was a tall woman to begin with.

“Are you in a bad mood?” He looked at her curiously but cautiously. “What's wrong?”

Bom shook her head, waving her hand in the midair and he let go of her, giving her some space. “Where have you been all this time?” she asked sounding indifferent.

“Working.”

“You turned off your phone, you weren't home, not at the club either. It's been two weeks. I was worried” her voice grew tense. Jiyong leaned casually against the sofa as he watched her take out a wine bottle.

He walked to her side as he spoke: “I'm sorry, I got kind of carried away” Bom let him take the bottle and open it for her.

“How long are you going to keep this up?”

“Until the end.” His voice was decisive, as always.

“Last time you fainted, can't you take it at least a bit slower?”

Jiyong's finger found it's place under Bom's chin and he winked at her. “That's why I am here now.”

“I am trying to be serious” she growled.

“And that's y” his chuckle, it always drove her mad. Holding in her anger and disappointment she gripped on the wine glass and gulped half of the content in one go.

“I'm not in the mood to joke around.”

He pouted knowing she couldn't be angry when he made such a cute face. He knew what buttons to push, he knew way too well and she hated herself for letting him find out her weak spots.

“I'm worried about you.”

He sighed, running his slender fingers trough his bangs. “I know, I am sorry. I will try harder.” Seeing her desperate face he flashed a rest assuring smile. “Didn't I tell you I will be by your side from now on? Just trust me.”

“If being by my side means killing yourself I don't want that” Anger colored her trembling voice. “You don't need to be here if you hate it so much.” How to fight this dilemma, she didn't have a clue. How to fight him when she didn't even want to? Jiyong has always made it difficult for her, always at all times.

“Calm down” He chuckled again, making his way closer but she stepped away from him and walked to the window. Her gaze fell over the gardens as she stopped in front of clean sparkling glass and hugged herself. “I don't need you.”

There was a hint of truth in Jiyong's saddened smile but she didn't see it. “Shouldn't you be somewhere else with someone else instead?” Out of nowhere he was there to hug her from behind and she felt his hot breathe on her neck when he buried his face into her shoulder.

“Hotcakes, just give me some more time. This time around I really promise, I'm over her.”

“No you are not.”

“I am.”

“You are not.”

“Just a few more days.”

“You will never be over.”

“Just a few hours.”

“No.”

“Minutes. Seconds.”

“Jiy-” She was interrupted by a sudden jerk, his arms wrapped tightly around her waist and he lifted her up. Bom's eyes opened wide and she grabbed onto his hands, afraid he'd drop her any moment.

“Let me down” she protested. All these barbaric gestures, all these surprises... always sent her heart into a speedy hesitation.

“Nope.”

What a dilemma.

Bom yelped when Jiyong threw her on the king sized bed which was always wrapped into soft gentle silk. But it was so cold on the first touch. He leaned over her and his lips crashed against hers into a deep, urgent kiss. It was rough and powerful, it numbed her. Like always.

“Stop it!” She finally pushed him away and he fell in the bed beside her, laughing. His bare chest heaved up and down and she fought the urge to run her fingers across his tanned skin, to slip her hand into his pants. Bom's eyes glinted with guilt but the desires burned too hot and she was afraid to get hurt. Trailing one of the barely visible scars with her index finger she leaned over and kissed his collar bone.

Gently, his fingers sank into her hair and the flower shaped hair barrette fell off, letting her hair loose.

“If I ask you to marry me, will you?” Bom kissed the nape of his neck, she his skin making him shiver from pleasure.

“You know I would, without a question” Jiyong whispered and planted a kiss on her forehead. “I promise.” She knew he would keep his word and she hated it.

“You will make a baby with me, won't you?”

“I would love that.” His silky voice was like a drug, his touch addicting and his scent simply wonderful.

She was getting drunk again, too soon, forever. Like magic. He got rid of her dress rather quickly and her hand gripped onto the white blankets as he slowly rolled down her stockings, planting kisses along the way. It could have been better, though. If those blankets had been black, it would have suited the mood way better. His kiss, his touch... so cold.

had never been bad with Bom, she could be wild but also submissive and gentle. She knew the tricks to maximize the pleasure and she could go on forever. She was attractive, y, hot yet cold and passive but still, extremely lusty. Her smug and foggy eyes tempting, seducing, making your blood boil, her luscious lips leaving you wanting more. But Jiyong never found himself completely satisfied. There was no feeling, just raw need. Need to be accepted, to be loved, to escape.

But there was no escape, every time he looked in the mirror he saw the same guilt, numbing his senses, numbing him senseless, driving him crazy. All he wanted was to smile at her lovingly, look into her eyes and dive into her soul, with honest intentions, with no intentions at all. But the game of deception had to go on, an everlasting fraud.

He was deceiving her and she was deceiving herself but strangely enough, that was what kept them alive to this point, what stopped them from crumbling down. They were unable to let go of their own stubborn prides. What a curse, this dilemma... Pure torture.

Her moist eyes gave her out, that look of defeat, pleasure and passion, that pure raw emotion, complete acceptance, it... just made him angry. Because he would never be able to look at her like that and accept her true feelings. He preferred her cold glassy eyes that hid everything under their dark frozen surface. But she had stopped giving him that look, so long ago. What a pity.

Hate me, detest me, throw me away but... don't do it, don't abandon me. Just accept me... but don't completely. Make me feel guilty, make me repent, make me realize my mistakes but... don't even try because I will never give in. Love me forever but don't do it... just hate me. Me too, I will never forgive myself no matter how hard it is to be stubborn, I will be.

“It's over” Bom sighed lifelessly and sat up.

“Are you sure?” Jiyong asked playfully, he rolled to his side, still panting from earlier. And his tired eyes filled with mischief when his gaze caught hers.

“I can't do it anymore” She covered her pretty body with the blanket and moved towards the edge of the bed. “I'm feeling too guilty.”

“For what?” Jiyong asked in surprise. The one who should be feeling guilty was him and no one else.

“We are over.” she said coldly.

“Don't go” Jiyong whispered and grabbed her hand when she was about to slip off from the bed.

“Let go!” Bom yelled glancing at his deceivingly innocent face from over her shoulder. He was anything but innocent, he was awful, scheming, cowardly and cruel.

“I know you don't want to go” He smirked smugly. “Can you really go?”

“I've decided.”

“Oh, really?” he asked mockingly. “Look at this”

Bom bit her lower lip when Jiyong threw the blanket off of himself revealing his perfectly sculptured body. It lacked something lately though, he had lost way too much weight. It was also a bit rugged due to the careless life he had been leading for years now, scars, wounds and bruises. But despite all, his body was damn y and desirable.

“If you go you will never get a piece of me again” he said teasingly. “Never again.”

A piece of him? She wished she could get enough to form a perfect round cake and see him wholly but every time the cake was left unfinished. The icing was always pretty but there was nothing inside, one or two pieces were always missing. But there was a cherry on the top. Luring you into a beautiful lie.

“You know I will always be by your side, trough thick and thin. I will cherish you forever, I'll protect you from anything with my life. I'll give myself to you without asking any questions. I will do whatever you want, any time. Are you really ready to let go?”

“Why are you doing this to me?” Bom shrieked, her face falling and revealing her true feelings. Her heart it was breaking for the millionth time and she was nothing but sad.

 “How dare you?!” her eyes watered and she quickly wiped them.

“How dare you treat me like this?” A princess who never got her prince charming, that's what she was. No, actually she once had her prince charming but unable to recognize him she had pushed him away and like that the happily ever after had been ruined forever.

Was this her punishment? This guy she could never resist? Jiyong broke their eye contact and covered himself with the blanket, it was uncomfortably cold in the room. He was leisurely propping his upper body with his elbow, his finger lost into his messy bed hair.

“But... it's you who is not leaving” he said innocently. “You know I will never let go.”

“Just let go.” Bom hissed.

“I'll die.”

“There is no love.” she whispered.

Jiyong chuckled coldly, playful sparkle appearing in his dim eyes. “What do we need love for? Do you really think just love can keep people together? It's better not to get hurt.”

“But I love you” helplessly, she had to succumb to her own overwhelming feelings. “Jiyong, I love you and you know it.”

He fell on his back and took in a deep breathe. “I'm sorry to hear that” he sounded genuinely sorry, like he pitied her. “But you also know me.”

“Why her? Will you love her forever?”

“Aish” he groaned, grabbing a pillow and covering his face with it. “I told you it's over.”

“Stop lying.”

“Hotcakes, we are not having this discussion again” he pleaded. “Why is it not enough, my devotion I mean. I told you I'll do anything for you, I'll be yours until you get tired of me and throw me away. What else do you need? Love?” He scoffed. “What is love? Do we need it anymore?”

“You have changed” she sighed. “I can't recognize you anymore. I have no idea what happened but I don't like it.” His adorable character, that cute charm, he was losing it, he was freezing over, he was dying inside.

He was... becoming cruel.

“I'll be whatever you want.”

“And then what?” Bom looked at him sternly. “Her name will slip your lips like countless times before? You will call out for her when you are supposed to love me?”

Jiyong hugged the pillow and looked at her with a sad smile on his lips. “I will try to control that” he mumbled cutely. “Please forgive me, my queen.”

“Go to hel.l” she spat the words from and attempted to stand up but Jiyong rolled over, grabbed her wrist and pulled her back straight into his arms.

“Don't leave me” he whispered straight into her heart. “Don't abandon me.” She shivered from the sensation his lips left behind as they glided over her bare skin.

“I'll break, I'll get lost, I'll die.” Bom gulped, building the strength inside of herself, still finding a drop of will to resist.

“I'm not the one you want.”

“What does it matter when you are the one who gets me?”


True, what did it matter anyway? She could endure a bit longer and see if time would soften his heart and make it beat for her, only her and her alone. But no... she was sick of this. But yes... she wanted him but no... she couldn't have him like this. But yes... he was already hers but no... he would never be truly hers. Yes, yes, yes.. no. No. No. The dilemma was getting at her again. She was feeling guilty yet at the same time she couldn't resist him. She loved him but no... she hated him after all.

“Let go.” She pulled away from his embrace but without a word he pulled her back. She pushed him away but he pinned her to the bed and forced a kiss.

“No, let go” Bom's struggle was awfully feeble. She slapped his arm, massaged his chest, clawed his back and caressed his cheek. She bit his lips, she kissed him back, she was stuck in the middle unable to decide. It was not love, it was a battle. He came in too fast and rough, he hurt her but then he kissed the pain away, lulling her into a wonderful oblivion. For a moment nothing mattered, just him being there completely hers.

He was lost. Jiyong didn't know what he was doing anymore.

White curtains flew slightly in the wind, one of the windows had been forgotten open, and Bom stared at that phantom like white cloth, as if it was dancing. Jiyong snuggled against her in his sleep and hugged her tighter burying his face into her hair. His musky scent was all around and his warmth mixed with hers into a wonderful lullaby. With a bitter smile she remembered how he always used to tell her how delicious her perfume actually smelled and how the taste of it on her skin turned him on.

It was like a scene straight from a romantic movie but Bom felt sad. Again, she had given into the temptation, so weak even though in front of Dara she had stood thought. This time it was supposed to be different, she was supposed to resist him, to kick him out, to finally let go. Who knows, maybe once he had been left utterly alone he'd finally give up on his egoistic pride and realize what he really had to do. But would he ever? She pitied him as much as she loved him. This guy had always stood by her side but it has always felt as if his back had been turned at her at all times.

Actually, at first Bom and Jiyong couldn't stand each other. He was noisy and arrogant kid and she was a selfish bit.ch. They were never supposed to get along or stay together for long. However, things turned otherwise. He was the one who almost sacrificed his life to save her not Seung Hyun. After that, when time couldn't be turned back and things couldn't return to their usual order everything fell apart.

She was jealous of Seung Hyun hanging around that other girl, she was angry it wasn't him who had saved her and she never bought his explanations. She had seen them kissing and holding hands. He said it was all just an act but there was somethings special in the way he had looked at the other girl, at least Bom thought so. She broke his heart and every single second after seeing his disappointed expression, she had regretted.

The first time she got a taste of Jiyong was when she had deliberately got him drunk and slept with him. There was nothing to say for self defense, she had been a bit.ch and she couldn't make things undone. He didn't seem to care, he was heartbroken at that time too and she hated him for loving that other girl, loving so much he became pitifully miserable. What was so good about that girl, anyway? Bom still didn't know the answer but by now she had learned to respect her, because that girl could do what she couldn't. Understand Jiyong, make him smile and laugh from his heart, make him feel love.

How do you love to the point of being unable to give up? Like a symphony, like an endless love song in a never ending blissful dream. How do you love like that? How do you give your heart to someone and trust that person with all you have? How is it possible to understand when you get slapped across your face and abused? How can you love someone so much you are able to see past all the lies and easily rip away the walls of pretense? How do you force a person who has never given to give?

How can your presence be enough, just a whiff of your scent or a simple accidental touch? How can 'nothing' be enough to make the other one open up and show you what's inside that locked little box hidden so deep inside, you never knew it even existed? Not caring about tomorrow and living in a moment. Giving away everything, sinking into happy oblivion and just... loving.

“If you see the magic in a fairy tale, you can face the future.” -Danielle Steel


Like we learned from the beauty and the beast, before being lovable things need to be loved. And falling in love without caring whether the other one will or not, that's courageous. If we never took a risk life would be rather bland, right? Loving quietly like that, understanding the million stupid reasons why he hasn't been there for her, not letting go even when it's unbearably hard to hold on, to wait patiently for an explanation that might never come.

To hold your head high up and proudly live on without regretting anything. To be happy with the silly memory that might have lasted only for mere 3 minutes and cherish it forever without forgetting, ever. It comes naturally. She is so strong still not giving up and she knows, he loves her. There is no doubt, she knows it. But even still, she doesn't force him into anything. She will wait and probably she might even move on if he leaves her for good. But those 3 minutes, are her love forever.

Even when pushed aside it will still be there, it's a love that will never die even though passion might. Because... she just loves without asking for anything in return. She makes him a better person without even trying. By simply trusting, without even holding on, just trusting. And he hasn't deserved any of that so he can't accept her. Because he doesn't even know how to love himself. But that's why she exists, for, before being lovable things need to be loved.


What is the magic in a fairy tale?

Hope.


Fairy tales are not there to simply fool us into believing into undying love or happily ever after. It's not their purpose at all. “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G.K. Chesterton That's it. You can do it, you can be happy too, you can move on, you can let go. There is hope and that's all you need to face tomorrow. Don't cry just fight the dragon. It might be hard but isn't the dragon always guarding a treasure? Nothing else but happiness, be it diamonds or a princess awaiting for your kiss.

Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty... love? Don't make me laugh, these are stories about the prince overcoming his own hardships. Never giving up in finding his loved princess, fighting for a love between different social classes and courageously standing up to the enemy and saving the day. Snow White, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty. But why does everyone always pity the girl? What about the sacrifices the boy makes? It's hard to find it in yourself to pity someone who looks like he has everything rolling smoothly for himself, right? Who is happy and blessed. But is it always like that? Some people can hide their suffering quite well.

She truly is like a fairy, there is something magical about her. But then again, she is just another commoner with her explosive and crackling attitude, sometimes unreasonable, selfish and rude. She also gets annoyed and hopeless, she is also sad and lonely, she also sometimes has problems to find strength to face another hardship. But at the end of the day she looks in the mirror and smiles at herself, being proud for stepping over another misfortune. Because she loves herself and loving oneself is never a bad thing.

Being able to forgive and accept, yourself. You'd think that's personal but no, it can change other people too. Someone who could never smile might look at you and smile, someone who doesn't have hope might look at you and feel hopeful and someone who thought will never know might look at you and learn. Just because you are so radiant, kind and friendly.

Because Dara she... saw what the prince was going trough and that's how she caught him. It's not about the prince going to save her, it's about her saving the prince. A fairy tale upside down. She is no princess, she is not graceful and helpless enough, she is the fairy. But even Bom couldn't tell what kind of monster was guarding Jiyong's heart. What to fight to free him from the curse? No one knew, only he himself and he was never going to tell anyone.

Jiyong slightly opened his eyes seeing that he was now alone. It was still in the middle in the night and Bom had left, she often did that just to take her silly revenge.

She knew he hated waking up alone and that he wouldn't be able to sleep well without someone's warmth lulling him into sweet dreams. He groaned and flipped his body around his, back now sinking into the soft mattress.

He closed his eyes but a frown appeared on his sleepily cute face and his eyes opened again. They were dry and itchy and soon became moist.

“Dara” he whispered.

"Would you believe me if I told you that... I love you.”


But there was no one to hear him. No one at all. Only chilly darkness of the night. And he felt so incredibly dirty. Who was he to say such things? What right did he have to even think about her? No, he would never forgive himself for breaking her like that. He would never forgive himself for hurting her in such a way without even a proper reason. Never. His heart will remain closed forever.

His father might have a key but his father... is no more.

“I'm sorry.”

Like a love song. I love you, baby. Just like a love song. Like a... love song.
You are the hit of my life.
You are the smash.
Catchy tune that never leaves my mind.
Magical, lyrical, beautiful.

Like a love song, baby.
Utterly, completely, naturally, unexpectedly, spontaneously.
Madly.
I'm going insane.
There is only a play button in my heart.
There might be a pause but... never a stop.
Love ringing in my ears.
I'm going crazy.
Alone.


~*~


Scoffing in disbelief I kicked my heels off of my feet and stepped on the restaurant's wooden floor, making my way towards the table in the corner. It was covered in side dishes, bulgogi was sizzling on the pan. I saw three empty soju bottles, one untouched shot glass and a water bottle. Silently Dong Wook followed me, scrunching his face at the sight too. Jiyong was sitting alone, his legs spread under the low table, his elbow propped on the edge of the table and his chin resting on his palm. He just drank anther shot and was about to pour more. I could tell he was drunk already but not wasted.

“Why did you call me?” I stopped in front of his table, some people turned to look curiously wondering if this was some kind of love triangle. Jiyong slowly looked up his lost smile stiffening. His gaze slid from me at Dong Wook and the drunken look in his eyes sharpened.

“What the fck are you doing with him?”

I smashed my bag on the floor, pulled out one of the flat pillows and dropped to sit on it. Jiyong's cheek twitched as he turned to glare at me. “I asked, what are you doing with that shi.t?”

Dong Wook scoffed, placing his hands on his waist. “I wouldn't be so fast to speak, Kim Jiyong.”

“Shut up!” Jiyong shrieked, causing more curious heads turn our way.

“Don't yell at my good friend.” I said calmly. “Why did you call me here?”

“A good friend?” Jiyong asked in disbelief. “Michigesso? [are you crazy]”

“Don't into my personal life, just tell me why did you call me here.”

Dong Wook nodded proudly beside me, he took a seat and grabbed a pair of chopsticks.

“Ya, who do you think you are?” Jiyong breathed out, dumbfounded, when he saw Dong Wook grab some meat from the pan.

“You are buying, right?” Dong Wook smirked.

“Ha” Jiyong threw his head back, looked to his sides and then downed another shot. “Get out.”

“Don't order him around” I said coolly. “Where I am he will go too.”

“I said get lost.”

“Fine, we will go then” I hissed nudging Dong Wook's side and pretended to stand up.

Jiyong suddenly glanced at me with pleading look in his eyes, but his lips were pursed tightly together. I watched him gulp down more alcohol and then his eyes lowered, hiding from me. He wanted to tell me something so bad but he couldn't let it out. And I was sure he'd never tell me.

We have had more than enough similar moments in the past. And up until now he has never told me what the heck is he really thinking. But at least, I could see a glimpse of his broken dreams straight in his eyes. He might be a good liar but his soul was calling out to me unable to dim anymore, it shone brightly and I saw it all, in his sad eyes.

“What?”

“I didn't call you.”

“You didn't?”

“You totally did” Dong Wook butted in.

“I said I didn't!” Jiyong hissed, throwing a nasty glare at Dong Wook.

“Tsh” Dong Wook grabbed my bag, took out my cellphone and shoved it in Jiyong's face “That's not your nam

Please log in to read the full chapter