2.5

The Moon is Broken
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 5: The Princess and The Frog

 

 

Open the door, my princess dear,
Open the door to thy true love here!
And mind the words that thou and I said
By the fountain cool, in the greenwood shade.’

- The Frog Prince, Grimm Brothers

 

After finishing junior high Seung Hyun did not go to high school like his peers, instead he was busy helping his father with the business. It had been more urgent. It's not like Seung Hyun completely gave up on studying, he had tutoring sessions and home schooling so he wouldn't fall behind and he always though he would be able to apply to university as soon as his father didn't need him at the company anymore and major in Administrative Business like he had always dreamed. But against all his hopes his father sent him to high school after all. There were no words to describe Seung Hyun's reaction when he heard the news, his eyes widened big and his jaw dropped. 

"But father, I am 23 years old, I have been studying all this time too and it would be boring for me to attend high school because I know it all, can't I just save some time and apply for university right away? This is so stupid!"

"Just because you are from a better family it doesn't mean you are going to get it easy."

"But it's just waste of time."

"You will be transferring to Seoul High, straight to the senior year. Just endure it for one year and get your diploma, I have informed them that you have been home schooled up until now. Good luck."

"But father-"

"I'm busy, see you at dinner."

"YAH!" Seung Hyun gaped helplessly at the closed door trough witch his heartless father had just walked. He couldn't believe what was happening now. He couldn't believe there was a high school uniform on his bed waiting to be worn, he couldn't believe anything anymore. So he grabbed his leather jacked and stormed out, soon finding himself behind the wheel of his Ferrari, probably he would be forbidden to drive it to the school from now on. A long strain of curses left Seung Hyun's lips and anger kept growing inside of him instead of easing. When he parked his car in front of the club he always used to hang out he was already so boiling mad he almost drove over a pedestrian, on purpose.

 

"Just think about it, there will be all these hot high school girls in their short skirts throwing themselves at you" One of Seung Hyun's friends chirped.

"High school was fun, I wish I could go back there."

"Yeah, it's a must experience!"

"You should be happy, this is going to be your lucky year."

"Shut up you e.rs! The least I need are some snotty brats crowding around myself and forming some sort of brain damaging fan club. Oh God, I will die this year." Seung Hyun buried his face into his palms. "What if they find out I'm 23?"

"So what? Just be proud of yourself."

"Proud, would you be proud if you were in my place?"

Everyone started laughing.

"Thanks guys" Seung Hyun was about to stand up but the woman who was sitting next to him grabbed his arm.

"Oppa! Don't be like this. You will look super handsome in your school uniform" she purred.

"I don't want to hear anymore."

"Relax" she nibbled on his earlobe and rubbed his chest, calming him down a little.

"Yeah, you will still be able to come here and we are already waiting to hear your stories."

"Are you even my friends?" Seung Hyun sighed in despair.

"Of course, and you gotta share some of those hot chicks with us cuz dude, sharing is caring, remember!" One of the guys winked.

"Hey, there is no way I'm hooking up with some undeveloped kid." Seung Hyun snapped.

"That's good to hear" the woman next to him giggled.

"And what are you so happy about?" Seung Hyun narrowed his eyes at her. "You are just an one night entertainment anyway..." he mumbled and gulped down his beer.

"No need to be so harsh, though it makes you look y" And Seung Hyun knew, this woman was simply brainless.

 

Lilo: Don't worry. She likes your and fancy hair. I know. I read her diary.
David: She thinks it's fancy?

- Disney: Lilo & Stich

 

It was not an exaggeration when someone mentioned Seung Hyun would look good in his uniform, he looked even better than hot, irresistible. Well, he had a body, even though a bit skinny, that looked good in any rugs. Of course, he got in trouble as soon as he had walked trough the school gate, for not wearing his school uniform correctly. Loose tie, messy shirt, ed buttons, ear piercings, no vest, unruly hair sticking in every possible direction and a bright yellow converses on his feet. Just one angry, deadly, threatening glare and the complaining nerds were shivering in fear, Seung Hyun was untouchable, no rule would imprison him - he had decided in advance.

 

The heads were turning as he strolled trough the yard towards the school building, his bag slung over one shoulder and his hands stuffed in the pockets of his pants. The attitude was ignorant and self absorbed, no one seemed to interest him or catch his attention, not even the prettiest girls who kept ogling him shamelessly. Sooner or later something was going to happen and it happened right in the middle of the hallway, someone bumped in Seung Hyun because he didn't bother to give way. His ego was too big for that, stepping aside for a snotty kid to walk past him, whoever wanted to challenge him could keep dreaming of victory that would never come.

"Yah, what the fck!" And angry husky voice echoed in the hall but Seung Hyun remained as ignorant as a rock. "Who do you think you are?!" No response from the handsome rock. "Hey sh.itball, you wanna die?! I'm going to smash that pretty face in the wall, you motherfu.cker." Seung Hyun only bothered to care what was happening around him when someone grabbed onto his collar, one second later that someone got Seung Hyun's bag in his face and stumbled back groaning in pain.

"I'm Eaun Seung Hyun" he said, his eyes dark and challenging, his voice deep and sharp. "So what do you want, slimeball?"

"Look at him" The tall and build guy scoffed, the one who had grabbed onto Seung Hyun's collar. "Are you messing with me?"

"Rather you are messing with me" Seung Hyun said indifferently. "Don't grab my attention if you have nothing to say."

"You little" the guy was about to charge at Seung Hyun but got a sharp, firm kick in his knee and fell down, whimpering like a little girl. 

"You get me?" Seung Hyun kicked his head lightly and spat on him. Wondering if this was a good enough lesson for this brainless muscle. The guy didn't dare to say anything anymore or then he couldn't, being in such pain. Seung Hyun nodded slightly, sighed and then looked around, at the huge crowd that had gathered to watch.

"Whoever bothers me ends worse than him, got it?"

No one dared to break the silence.

"Good" Seung Hyun flashed a little smile, his heels and continued walking until he reached his classroom. Without bothering to wait for the teacher he walked at the back of the class and took a seat in the last row next to the window. He didn't know if the place was taken or not, but he knew for sure no one was going to demand him to give it up. The rumors would spread fast and he wouldn't be bothered anymore. Or so he thought. Before the bell rang five guys stormed in the classroom demanding him to go out with them to settle something. He couldn't care less, refusing to listen to them and was warned that after class ends unimaginable things would happen to him if he didn't comply with the orders of the Jjang. "What are you going to do, me you ?" Seung Hyun had finally snorted and would have been surely dragged out from the class if the bell hadn't rung.

 

For an elite high school the place was rather unruly, sketchy and unbelievably restless. No one bothered to listen to the teacher, the kids lacked the will to study and kept gossiping instead. The girls would read magazines or put on make up, the guys would play games, throws stuff or snicker amongst themselves. It was too noisy for Seung Hyun to take a nap, yes he was planning to sleep trough all the classes since he knew everything already. The teachers were useless scaredy cats anyway, probably scared that rich parents would rip them apart if they took any disciplinary measures. Rich spoiled snotty kids, Seung Hyun thought he'd go crazy.

 

After the first class he was just going to pay a peaceful visit to the bathroom when those guys from before surrounded him again. Seung Hyun groaned in annoyance, they thought they were so cool and all? What did they know about life and hardships anyway? And suddenly, teaching them a few lessons didn't seem like a bad idea at all.

 

The rumors spread like lightning, that the new kid was challenging the Jjang at the field in front of the school. Curious students stormed to the field or piled at the windows, cheering happily each for their own favorite. Everyone forgot about attending the classes except a few ignorant nerds who no one knew existed. The teachers couldn't do anything but tremble in their pants and skirts, hoping nothing bad happens.

 

Of course, no one was a match to Seung Hyun who's body was ten times stronger than some developing teenagers, even though they were pretty big for their age and managed to sink a few hits into his lanky body. But still, he had been doing sports for too long to lose, owning a yearly card to the gym and black belt in Tae Kwon Do and Judo. He could take four guys at once without any problem especially when their techniques were bad, they were also inexperienced street fighters. After getting involved with some guys from gangs, Seung Hyun, even though being a good guy, couldn't avoid a few gang fights now and then and he liked them, a good way to went your frustration. Of course, he made sure his parents didn't find out.

 

As if becoming the Jjang of the school just 3 hours after arriving was not enough, Seung Hyun also managed to gain the respects of his peers.  When the math teacher asked one of the guys to go up to the blackboard to write the answer he went there and drove a picture of a , snickering and making the other guys laugh too, they high fived him when he walked back to his seat.

"Was that really necessary?" the gray haired old teacher asked weakly.

"What did you say old hag? I didn't quite hear" the guy mocked.

"You brainless dic.k!" No one had noticed how Seung Hyun had gotten up from his seat, he only gained everyone's attention after smacking the rude guy across the back of his head with a book. The hit was so powerful the guy bent forward and hit his forehead against his desk. Silence fell in the classroom as all gaped at Seung Hyun waiting him to speak, even the teacher.

"What the fuc.k did you do that for, dude?" the injured guy whined.

"Drawing dic.k on the blackboard, how old are you? 5?" Seung Hyun mocked. "Go do it properly."

"I don't give a fuc.k" the guy hissed casing Seung Hyun's boiling anger to boil over the edges.

"Piece of useless s.hit" Seung Hyun kicked his chair so the guy fell over on the floor.

 

"Listen, snot nosed losers" Seung Hyun threw is gaze around the class, no one dared to even breathe. Someone moved making a muffled noise and everyone turned to look, Seung Hyun's eyes lingered on a curly haired blushing girl for a second before moving on. "Seriously" he chuckled surprising everyone. No one knew he was capable of smiling. "What do you think will become of you?" Seung Hyun asked. He threw the book he was holding at the guy who was still lying on the floor holding his head, making him groan, and then walked up the teacher's desk. He grabbed the stick that had probably never been used before and spent some time examining it before his eyes darted at the tensed up class again. 

 

"Do you know how much it hurts to get hit with this?"A few people gulped knowingly. Seung Hyun raised a brow. "Looking at you guys, the class is full of who.res and manwho.res" he scoffed coldly. "You don't study so what do you wait from your future? All you will be capable of doing will be selling that crappy food at the roadside or even better, yourselves." A few girls suddenly burst in tears. "You think your daddies and mommies will be there forever to take care of you?" Seung Hyun made everyone jump in their seat by hitting the stick against the teacher's desk. The old gray haired man draped sweat from his forehead. "Who knows they might be dead already, an accident or a murder?" One girl started crying louder. "Someone might have stuck a knife in their chests and is twisting it right now." Everyone turned pale.

"I think that's a bit..." the teacher tried to interrupt but once Seung Hyun looked at him he swallowed and lowered his face.

"Yes sir" Seung Hyun flashed a lopsided smile. Everyone gasped at the sight, even the teacher looked up in surprise. "It's your classroom and your rules" Seung Hyun murmured. "You have this after all" he waved the stick in the air. "You have the power so what the fu.ck are you so scared of? A few snotty as.ses? Do you guys even know how to wipe your asses or do your parents still do that for you?" Seung Hyun turned to look at the class.

 

"My guess is that half of you will end up being teenage mothers and the other half jobless drunks. Why? You think succeeding your parent's business will be easy. Ha! Once the old geezers at the board find out you are incapable they will get rid of you, and trust me they can be merciless." Suddenly Seung Hyun pointed the teacher's stick at a random guy "How much are you worth?" They guy kept opening his mouth but no sound came out. "Say it" Seung Hyun demanded "What do you know and how much are your talents worth? Do you even have any talents you can be proud of?" The guy lowered his head mumbling something. "What, I didn't quite hear?" The stick was pointed at someone else "When was the Cold War?" The girl kept shut. "Well, even a guess?"

"18-"

"Wrong, 1947–1991" Since the girl's hands were positioned in just a right way on her desk Hand Sung whipped her fingers with the stick, it didn't hurt much but he knew how to do it right to break her fancy manicure. A friend who was a teacher had taught him the trick. 

"WHYYY?" The girl yelped wildly and even sprang up from her seat. Seung Hyun just clicked his tongue and placing his palm on the top of her head pushed her back in the seat.

"You guys are so embarrassing, what are you going to do after graduating, buy your way in the university? How cowardly, bunch of balless and less cowards." 

Some girls quickly crossed their arms over their chests.

"Anyway, if someone in the class is not interested" Seung Hyun suddenly tensed up. "Then get the fck out now!" he yelled startling everyone. "Anyone who wants to leave should leave now, there won't be another chance. Go back to elementary school for all I care." No one moved and Seung Hyun flashed a pleased little grin. He handed the stick back to the teacher and saluted back to his seat, satisfied now that a complete order maintained in the class. Finally, it was time for a peaceful nap.

 

However, once the bell rang the girl with broken manicure stormed out first, her eyes all red and puffy from crying. A few moments later she came back followed by three girls, everyone's heads turned at them, the eyes locked on the girl in the middle. Everything about her screamed authority, she had this strict look on her face, her cute lips pursed together and her eyes squinted into slits. Her bright red high heels clacked against the floor and where she had passed all guys squatted down to catch a glimpse of her from under her minimal skirt. The guys were swooned and the girls respected her. Choi Bom stopped in front of sleeping Seung Hyun's desk and flipped her hair, an evil smirk spreading on her lips. He was woken up from his sweet slumped by a loud slap against the desk and slowly looked up with half open eyes.

 

"What the he.ll do you want?" he mumbled.

"A.sshole!" was all she said before slapping him across his face and hard. Seung Hyun's eyes widened and he leaned back in his seat, his cheek throbbing with a red mark of her palm still clearly visible on it but he just stared at her, his mouth agape, not feeling anything.

"How dare you bully my friend? You ugly frog!" she hissed, grabbing her friend's wrist and pulling her closer. She held up the girl's hand the broken manicure coming in Seung Hyun's view. He let out a carefree chuckle.

"You dare to laugh at me?" Bom puffed her cheeks attempting to slap him again but this time he dodged, high fiving her in the mid air. Once their palms came in contact Seung Hyun slipped his fingers between hers and gripped on her hand.

"What makes you think you can sway that hand at me so lightly?" he raised a brow.

"Let go, frog."

"The name is Eun Seung Hyun."

"Well I don't care." 

"Then piss off once I let go" Seung Hyun said sounding a bit amused.

"Are you looking down on me?" Bom squinted her eyes. Seung Hyun's eyes darted down.

"YAH!" Bom crossed her legs instinctively.

"You told me to look down."

"Bastar.d! Let go, LET GO!" she roared but Seung Hyun only held her hand tighter.

"First apologize for hitting me, girly."

"ist!" she spat the word in his face, her friends nodding furiously.

"When you are dressed like that then how the fu.ck are you expecting me to treat you? Seung Hyun frowned. "Little slu.t..."

Bom gasped, no one had ever treated her so rudely.

"You little frog, I will squash you" Suddenly her heel was pressing against his tight and it hurt.

"Oi, I can see your pink " Seung Hyun groaned, his eyes darting down.

"Damn it" Bom pulled her leg away a tint of red spreading her cheeks.

"As pink as your cheeks are now" Seung Hyun chuckled, welcoming happily some amusement in his crappy day. People all around started to murmur "She made him smile, he smiled, so cute, did you see?" The guys were going about their own: "Her , did you see, so y?"

"Apologize to her for breaking her nails."

"You apologize for slapping me"

"You deserved it."

"She deserved it too."

"For what?" Bom shrieked.

"She didn't know when the Cold War was." Seung Hyun said dully,.

"Bommie!" Bom's eyes widened and her heard head darted towards her embarrassed friend.

"She was saying something about 19th century."

"But still, how dare you break her nails?"

"It's against school rules."

"Look in the mirror!"

"At least I know when WWII was."

"So what? Do you think you are so smart? A frog who sleeps during the class."

"Then are you smarter?"

"I am" Bom announced proudly.

"Tsh, I'd like to see that." Seung Hyun scoffed.

"Then I challenge you, just try to score better than me on midterms" Bom hissed trough gritted teeth.

"Challenge accepted." Seung Hyun said, looking rather relaxed which, of course, displeased Bom.

"Just letting you know I am the best, I score highest in this school."

"In other words, you are a nerd" Seung Hyun pointed out.

"Enough, now let go of my hand!"

"You still haven't apologized" Seung Hyun reminded.

"And I never will."

"Your hand is getting sweaty and sticky you know..."

"No, it's your sticky frog hand" Bom retorted back, blushing again. 

"Frogs don't have hands, my friend."

"Who's your friend?! Let go." Bom tried to pull her hand away but failed miserably, just how strong could such a skinny guy be?

"This is getting boring, just apologize."

"Never."

"Fine" Seung Hyun smirked devilishly, looking very attractive like that, and out of the blue pulled Bom on his lap.

"Kyaaaa!" she yelled. "What the fck, let me go!" she kicked her legs but no use, Seung Hyun quickly wrapped his arms around her tiny waist and buried his face into her neck, noting she smelled quite good. "ert."

"Apologize" he mumbled.

"Never" Bom pouted stubbornly, holding up her chin even though her face was tomato red by now. The guy's breathe was tickling her neck his steady heartbeats echoed against her

Please log in to read the full chapter