34.

The Moon is Broken
Please log in to read the full chapter

I told my friends that we got a VIP room, drinks would be free and we were allowed to invite as many people as we wanted. If Seung Hyun let me leech off him then I would! Damn, I was angry at the them both. One makes me angry and meddles in my business and the other is using me as a some freaking replacement.

And where the heck did they go? Who came? Why did Jiyong look so surprised and Seung Hyun so serious? And why does he look so y when he is so serious? I shook my head. The he.ll?

I wanted to get drunk but wasn't in the mood. Knowing the girls, they invited bunch of guys to our room and flirted with them forgetting about me. Sometimes I forget why are we even friends? But at least they weren't asking anything and never saw me talk to Seung Hyun. This gives me more time to prepare some good lies.

Luckily I have Taeyang but he at singing. Damn, I kinda miss Jiyong, he sings like a superstar. Actually, he is the only worthy partner for me because I sing too well for my own good, he he...

Practicing the ramen song when I was a kid paid off. Thinking about that Seung Hyun is not bad either, he might be even better than Jiyong. I'm even more jealous now, he is rich and he can do anything. He is not real.

I don't remember how many songs I sang but my voice was getting hoarse. I just wished the evening would go by faster, my mood was the worst. Thanks to Jiyong. Even Taeyang didn't manage to cheer me up with his goofy dancing. We had the karaoke all to ourselves, no one cared about it. People were too busy flirting with each other and talking about some random boring stuff.

Taeyang handed me a water bottle asking if I wanted to go take a rest but I just shook my head and announced that the next song would be a ballad. I gave Taeyang all kind of tips to improve his singing and he actually got better. Now I wanted to test his new talents. We started singing and in the middle of the song I happened to glance at the door because I felt like someone was intensely staring at me.

I furrowed my brows when I saw a tall figure lean lazily against the wall with his hands crossed over his chest. He was wearing dark jeans and black hoodie, on his head he had a cap and the hood was pulled over it. I stopped singing.

Is that Seung Hyun or am I being paranoid? Am I trying to imply I recognized his stare? Like I felt it was his stare on my skin?

The heck. When I saw him a couple of hours before he was wearing gray charcoal suit with vest and nice matching tie. What's with the 100 degrees change in the appearance? That's it, he is not a human, he is an alien.

"Dara" Taeyang pat my shoulder and I spun around.

"Just second" I smiled as I handed him the mic.

"Is something wrong?"

"Just a moment" I mumbled and, tilting my head to the side, turned towards the door.

The guy in black moved a little when he saw me walk towards himself. He straightened up and unwrapped his arms from his chest.

"Seung Hyun?" I asked in disbelief when I stopped in front of him.

"It took you about 15 minutes to notice me" he chuckled somehow bittersweetly.

"What took you so long, Pepsi?"

I stared at him in disbelief seeing only his sparkling eyes from the darkness of his hood.

Somehow, his last words sounded somewhat familiar and my heart skipped a beat. Weird. As if he had been waiting his whole life.

"What the...?" I scratched the back of my head. "Just now... I mean.. You" Maybe I should stop asking?

"I need your help with something" he said cheerily. "Let's go."

"Where?"

"It will take you about ten minutes. Will your sweetheart let you go?" he winked, glancing somewhere behind me.

I glanced over my shoulder and saw Taeyang stare at us. I smiled at him showing the OK sign with my fingers and then half time, he nodded.

Is it just me or is Seung Hyun acting like him getting drunk at my place never happened? He is trying to overlook the fact I know his dirty secret. How cheap.

"Let's go" Seung Hyun opened the door for me and we stepped out.

"What's with your clothes?" I asked right away.

"Just..." he shrugged. I looked at him from head to toe and realized his hand was bleeding.

Quickly grabbing it, I saw his knuckles bloody. Was he in a fight? What about that dumb duck Jiyong? My eyes darted at his face.

"It's okay" he quickly pulled his hand away and pulled his sleeve over his palms.

"Your face" I wanted to pull his hood down but he moved swiftly to the side. Whoa, what reflexes.

"It's okay" he rest assured.

"I guess you won't explain if I ask?" a dull look spread on my face.

"Nope" he smirked. We stopped in front of Jiyong's office and I shuddered when I heard a loud thud from inside.

"Don't worry" Seung Hyun opened the door and walked in first.

"Jiyong yah~" I heard familiar voice and peeked inside. Bom stood in front of Jiyong's desk with a first aid kit in her hands. Jiyong probably had just kicked his office chair because it was lying on the floor and the moment me and Seung Hyun walked in he kicked his desk.

Hearing the door open Jiyong spun around.

"Seung Hyun you bas-" he suddenly grew quiet when he saw me next to Seung Hyun. Bom turned to look at us and furrowed her brows when she saw me. She looked so unsatisfied.

"Oppa, why?" she asked and frowned.

"Look at him" Seung Hyun nudged my side. "Make him calm down, okay?"

"Me?" I asked dumbly and then my gaze shifted at Jiyong who was huffing and puffing, he looked so angry.

"Yes" Seung Hyun simply said. "Bom honey, shall we go?" His voice was so sweet it bothered me. A lot.

She pursed her lips together, definitely unsatisfied with the result. I looked back and forth Jiyong and Seung Hyun who just glared at each other like there was something really tense between them.

Bom let out a deep sigh, handed the first aid kit to me and once more turned to look at Jiyong who totally ignored her.

"Jiyong yah~ Don't do it" she said softly. "It's no use. I will take care of everything."

"You think I trust you?" he asked coldly. She looked a little hurt by his comment. If she calls him ‘Jiyong yah’ there must be something between them, definitely. I glanced at Seung Hyun who tore his eyes off Jiyong and smiled gently at Bom.

"I'll take you home" he suggested.

"No" Bom said, getting angry.

"I'll go by myself" she walked past Seung Hyun bumping her shoulder into his.

"Will you be all right?" he jogged after her. "How can I let my queen leave like this?"

"Shut up."

"Babe, don't be angry. I'll make it all better."

"Let go" she protested when his hand landed on her shoulder.

"Aww, let's do something fun together, okay?" I could hear Seung Hyun smile.

Why is it... Why is it that letting him go pains me so much?

"You are an idiot too" I heard Bom say before the door closed and then I turned to look at Jiyong who now glared at me.

"Okay" I crossed my arms over my chest. "What's going on?"

"Nothing" he said looking extremely gloomy "Get out."

"No" I refused stubbornly.

"Just get going" he said through gritted teeth.

"Nope" I shook my head.

"YAH!" he yelled his hand squeezing into a thigh fist. "I'm angry, just leave me alone."

"And why are you so angry?" I raised a brow.

"Fck this all!" Jiyong kicked his desk, startling me.

I took a better look at his face and saw a few bruises, so dark they could be seen even in the dim lightning and there was dried trail of blood on his chin. Who dared to touch his pretty face?! I frowned and bit my lower lip as I watched him sweep his hand over his table, sending papers fly all around.

My gaze followed Jiyong as he walked to the bookshelf and started throwing books on the floor one by one.

What amused me was that he went in complete order, he started from the first book in the row and slid it down, then he moved the second, the third and so on. He looked like a patient who had escaped from a mental ward, even mumbling something by himself.

"Stop it" I sighed. "Let me patch up your face."

"Go away..." Jiyong mumbled.

"You duck idiot" I laughed, grabbed the first aid kid from the floor and walked closer to him.

"AISH!" Jiyong grabbed a book and tossed it at the wall. "And I DO NOT have a duck !" he yelled.

"Calm down, will you?"

"Fck you."

"The fight is over."

"And we fcken lost it!" he said in despair "FCK! Seung Hyun that mental creep! I am going to, I'm going to- AISH!" I secretly agreed with him about Seung Hyun being a creep.

"Yah, where do you think you are going?" I grabbed his sleeve.

"I'm going to kill him!" Jiyong yelled. "Let go" he hissed jerking his hand away. "He has gone too far! I told him NOT to do it, I warned him. Why doesn't he listen? Who does he think he is playing with?"

"Stop it." I grabbed his wrist again.

"I said, let go" Jiyong jerked his hand away and glared at me. "Don't get involved into this" he turned his back at me to walk away but, dropping the first aid kit, I quickly wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him from behind.

"Dara..." he whispered his body stiffening. How he said my name made me sigh, I wanted to fall in love with him all over again. God, I should get a better grip of myself.

"Would you please calm down?" I mumbled into his back.

"I don't want to" he said stubbornly, grabbed my hands and tore them off his shirt but he didn't let go.

He looked down at my hands and squeezed them in his own, ever so tightly. I wondered what was he thinking about. What was going on in that messed up mind of his? Slowly he brought my left hand to his lips and kissed my knuckles, that sure startled me.

"Yah" I pulled my hand away and rubbed it against my dress.

Jiyong spun around and his eyes landed on my face.

"I'm going crazy" he complained, for some reason sounding a little confused.

"Look at your face" I pouted. "How could you let someone ruin it?" I brought my fingers to his forehead and swept his bangs to the side gently.

"All you think about is my face..." he said dully.

"Because you have nothing else to like about you" I teased.

"Tsh" a weak smile spread on his lips. "You don't have even that..."

"Duck but.t" I pretended to be hurt.

"Fata.ss" his smile widened.

"You could have at least said fatbutt to make it sound less insulting."

"How stupid does fatbutt sound? I'm too cool to be sprouting stupid things like that."

"Umm... Let me tend your wounds" I shifted my gaze off his face. Jerk, making me feel nervous and all... I wanted to squat and grab the first aid kit but Jiyong beat me to it.

"I can take care of myself."

"Just let me do it."

"You can leave now" he said casually while walking to his couch and slumping down on it with the first aid kit on his lap. I let out a frustrated sigh before sitting next to him. He gave me a dull look and moved to sit on the other side of the couch, placing the first aid kit on the table. After he opened it I moved closer to him and slid the kit in front of myself.

"I said I was okay" he grabbed the kit pulling it to himself.

"Just let me do it" I grabbed the kit.

"Don't annoy me" he growled.

"Aish!"

I let him have the kit all to himself but he just kept staring inside it and while he was spacing out I grabbed the necessary items to myself.

"You don't know how to give up, do you?" he asked still staring in front of himself.

"Talk about yourself" I mumbled. "Okay, let's clean your wounds. Look at me."

Slowly he turned his head towards me with that unsatisfied expression on his face. I raised my brows looking into his annoyed eyes. His hair was messy, it fell on his forehead covering parts of his pretty eyes, he looked like a homeless dog.

I smiled.

Unexpectedly Jiyong didn't say anything while I cleaned the blood off his chin.

"What happened?" I asked softly, breaking the silence between us. I bet he was staring at me in silence on purpose to make me feel uncomfortable. I can't help it but under his stare my cheeks fluster.

"We got into a fight."

"I can see that."

"Then why are you asking?"

I blew my cheeks "Yah, with who?" I pressed his bruise with my finger a little.

"OW!" Jiyong leaned away. "How about being a bit more gentle?"

Please log in to read the full chapter