13.

The Moon is Broken
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

I wrapped my hands around Daesung's neck and buried my face into his shoulder. He smelled like apples and oranges again. This warm little dongseng really made me feel a little better. I heard him hum quietly some happy song and it calmed me down so I closed my eyes and took a deep sigh.

I need to think about something else, Lee Jun Ki, Lee Jun Ki, Lee Jun Ki, Lee Jun Ki, Lee Jun Ki, Lee Jun Ki, Lee Jun Ki, Lee Jun Ki...

The next scene, me on the back seat with Daesung, Kang Woo drove and Seung Hyun sulked on the front seat. I could feel irritation, anger and rage emit from his body. Kang Woo tried to talk to him but he didn't utter a word.

"Nuna, what would you like to eat?" Daesung pulled onto my sleeve, his voice was bright and happy

"I'll get you anything."

I covered my mouth with my both palms.

"Don't speak about food" I muttered through gritted teeth. "No food, I will never eat again."

"How about a drink then?" he suggested.

"Ice cold water" I sighed "That would make me feel better."

"Ice cold soda is what I want" Daesung exclaimed "After a hot shower nothing feels better. Ah, I need a long hot shower."

"Me too..." I mumbled suddenly feeling dirty.

I leaned my forehead against the window and watched by passing stores on a brightly lit streets. The race just now on a dark track seemed like a distant memory already, a bad dream. I closed my eyes and let out a long sigh. I can't believe I am going through things like these.

I just saw two bodies with blood spluttered all over, a bomb, I saw Seung Hyun almost getting shot and I almost died with him on that motorbike. And as I thought about everything that had just happened only one question circled in my mind.

"Why the hell did I insist to go there?" I asked mostly myself. "Why the he.ll?"

Daesung pat my shoulder and my arm, it calmed me down a lot. His touch was warm and soft. When I glanced at him he smiled and I swear I saw him shine. He sure knew how to calm people down.

Kang Woo dropped us at my place. Why do they always want to go to my place? I bet Seung Hyun's apartment is huge, why don't we ever go there? Jiyong was already waiting for us and when he saw me he hugged me again and I cried.

He was so warm, soft and safe. He didn't let go of my hand while we made our way to my apartment. Daesung announced he'd go buy something so he wasn't with us.

Seung Hyun remained quiet, deep in his thoughts and his eyes were just empty. As soon as we stepped in my apartment Seung Hyun leaned his back against the wall in the hallway and slid down, his legs stretched out. He didn't move and was barely breathing, it was scary to see him in such state.

"What's wrong with him?" I asked with tint of worry in my voice.

Jiyong squatted in front of Seung Hyun and grabbed his chin "Hyung, you have to get over it someday" he whispered but Seung Hyun ignored him, like nothing existed in his world anymore.

"Let him be for a while, he is going through after effects of the shock" Jiyong sighed and ruffled Seung Hyun's hair. I looked at his emotionless face, his eyes were fixed on Jiyong but it's as if he couldn't see anything. He was lost in his own little world.

"Maybe he needs to be taken to the hospital?"

"He will be fine" Jiyong looked at me from head to toes "You need to take a shower."

"Yeah" I mumbled slowly tearing my eyes off Seung Hyun. What in the world happened to him?

When I came back from the shower I felt a lot better already. Daesung was back with two bags of snacks, he handed me a chocolate bar and there was a bright smile on his face. He was back to normal, except his face was bruised. Jiyong and Seung Hyun also needed to be patched up so I went to get my first aid kit, reminding myself I should by more supplies later.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I watched Jiyong roll up his pants.

"Taking him to a shower" he said lazily as he took off his hoodie and I saw a wound on his left arm. The blood was everywhere.

"What? Together?" I asked dumbly.

"Does he look like he can do anything by himself right now?" Jiyong asked a little bit irritated. "Geez, stop acting stupid."

"Nuna, can you help me with my face?" Daesung asked as he came from the bathroom. Whoa, he showered fast! I saw him wear Jiyong's wife beater and pair of shorts and my eyes widened when I saw his biceps. I never expected... the first aid kit almost fell from my hands.

"Uh... sure" I smiled meekly as I tore my eyes off him.

Once more I glanced at Jiyong who was taking off Seung Hyun's clothes and Seung Hyun who just sat there like he was a vegetable or something. I hope he snaps from that state soon. That's just creepy.

Daesung was already sitting on the sofa cross legged, the TV was on and he was munching chips. He sure got over the fight fast. Letting out a sigh I sat next to him.

"Care to explain me anything?"

"Hmmm, what do you want to know?" Daesung asked casually.

"What happened to Seung Hyun?"

"I knew you'd ask" he grinned. "I'll tell you because you were so brave today" he lightly punched my arm "I'm proud of you nuna" he beamed at me.

"Erm, thanks" I lowered my gaze feeling flattered and also a little shy. Even though Daesung is short, just a little taller than me, and younger his body sure is die for. Guess, he needs to keep in shape to be able to fight.

"There was a woman" he started to say.

"Not again" my face turned sour "You are kidding me?" I looked at him in disbelief.

"Believe me or not, yes, it's because of a woman."

"What happened?"

"Jjang is a very mysterious person. He used to lead a gang that was Sil Jang's rival gang but five years ago he disappeared without a trace. Hyung helped him to leave, there are rumors he sent him to France with fake ID. The problem is that not many know how he looks like."

"Why does everyone call him Jjang?" I inquired.

"Because no one knows his name. He was very secretive about himself and whenever he made a public appearance he always wore a mask or his face was half covered.

I've seen him once, his eyes were really evil." Daesung shivered "I've never seen anyone as heartless as him, human life has never meant anything to him. He was cold and emotionless, like he had no heart. He didn't care about anyone at all. I don't know why Dong Wook wants to find him, I doubt it's about the diamonds."

"Diamonds?"

"Sil Jang got his hands on some really valuable diamonds that were shipped to him from Africa, Jjang stole them."

"Of course..." I mumbled dully. This is starting to sound like some lame movie.

"I heard Jjang is a lot younger than Sil Jang. Apparently he held a grudge against Sil Jang because apparently Sil Jang killed his parents but I am not sure if that's only a rumor. They competed in everything, I mean, everything."

"So, what happened?"

"Jjang fell in love" Daesung flashed a sneaky smile.

I rolled my eyes "Such a cliché."

"I know, probably you won't feel surprised about this either. The woman was actually Sil Jang's woman. She was young and beautiful but also loyal to Sil Jang. I don't know if she loved him or what but anyway, to find out more about Jjang, Sil Jang sent her to him. It took her some time to even get a little attention, but after a lot of "coincidental" bumping into each other they finally got together. Okay, so then there was Sang Doo, Jjang's most trusted man. Imagine this, Jjang comes home one day and sees Sang Doo and the woman, her name was Mi Seol by the way, in his bed on top of each other."

"No way" I scrunched my face "That ."

"And it turns out Sang Doo her" Daesung added.

"That's nasty..."

"In fact he didn't her, that was just a plan to get Jjang kick Sang Doo out from the gang but this was revealed a lot later. That Mi Seol girl was a sly that's why she managed to wrap him around her little finger too. The guy was totally in love and because he was the best hitman around, Sil Jang accepted him gladly. If not then he Jjang would have killed him." Daesung sounded a little bitter for some reason.

We both suddenly stared at the TV screen where in some drama someone was explaining similar thing what Daesung had just told me. We burst out in dirty laughter. How ironic.

"And what happened next?"

"Mi Seol wouldn't have been busted if not Jiyong."

"Oh my God, don't tell me he slept with her too?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yup, she was y and apparently she met Jiyong at some club, they both were drunk. Then, Sil Jang comes home and guess what he sees in his bed?"

My jaw dropped "You are kidding me."

"Sil Jang sends Sang Doo after Jiyong's life and the rest is history" Daesung smiled victoriously.

"So how does Dong Wook relate to this all?"

"It's because Mi Seol was his sister but unfortunately he didn't know about her and Sil Jang's relationship. Dong Wook always worked for Jjang, he had very high position in the gang and came right after Sang Doo. He might be girly and feeble but he is smart, knows how to make bombs and is good at racing."

"So the guy who tried to blow up Paradise Kiss was him?"

"Yes, he is siding with Sil Jang now because he wants to find Jjang and it's impossible for him and to hyung work together. Long ago they clashed on the racing track and since then they have always been sworn enemies. And besides Seung Hyun was on.... yeah, they were enemies and uh..." Daesung scratched his head looking a little awkward.

"There are facts I need to leave out but it's not that important. Anyway, you have to promise me you won't hate hyung after I tell you this, okay" his pleading eyes peeked into mine. I gave him a long careful look.

"Is it really bad?"

Daesung nodded his face saddening "It's not really bad, it's fcking bad."

"Okay, tell me. I can handle it" Though I am not that sure.

"Hyung killed Mi Seol" Daesung whispered.

"Wh-w-wha-t?" I stammered dropping the band I aid I wanted to stick on Daesung's cheek.

"Sang Doo was after Jiyong and then one day a fight broke out. They were all on their motorbikes chasing each other. In fact, Sang Doo almost killed Jiyong, everyone thought he was dead. Mi Seol was sitting behind Sang Doo on his motorbike and Bom was behind Seung Hyun and Dong Wook was coming after them. Something happened and suddenly, Mi Seol fell off the bike. It's not that hyung couldn't have avoided her, she didn't die from the fall, she was already stumbling up." Daesung grew quiet.

"He drove over her?" I asked in disbelief and felt how all blood escaped my face.

I am shocked to the core.

"Just because a few meters ahead Jiyong was lying there on the ground, shot and bleeding. Even though there was a high possibility he was dead, Seung Hyun still couldn't let Sang Doo finish him. When Mi Seol fell, Sang Doo braked and stopped. After hitting her, Seung Hyun's bike crashed into his."

"You are telling me..." I swallowed "He had to choose?"

"Even though he knew Bom could get really hurt and that he himself might die he still chose to protect Jiyong. Too bad Dong Wook was there, he was furious and that was understandable. No one died in the crash, Seung Hyun pushed Bom off his bike before it, Sang Doo managed to jump off his bike, though he still got hurt.

What happened then, well Dong Wook threw his hot burning bike over Bom and her back got burnt badly. He would have finished hyung off if not the police. They came in the last minute and Sang Doo was arrested, Dong Wook was taken in too. Hyung got minor injuries, I don't know how he always manages to walk out of all kind of accidents barely scratched, guess he is just lucky."

"Were you there?" I asked carefully as I looked in Daesung's misty eyes.

"I came only later, I saw hyung hold Mi Seol's body in his arms and cry, repeating I'm sorry all over again. There was a thrown over car, burning. So today, it was pretty same huh? Dong Wook sure did good job replaying everything. I guess this was his revenge, he just wished it to end differently. He is master in torturing people, the best."

No fcking way. I refuse to believe what I just heard. I totally refuse to believe. I can't believe any of that shi.t.

Daesung grabbed my cheeks and wiped my tears away.

"You can't cry now" he smiled weakly "I think, if today you weren't there, sitting behind hyung, he would have died today. He really would have died. You were so close to death, you barely escaped it. I'm serious nuna, you were knocking on the heaven's door."

On the bike it all felt less scary. "It was so close..."

"How can someone's life be so miserable?" I sobbed. They all, even Bom. What did they do in their previous lives to deserve this?

"You can't cry now, if Jiyong finds out about this" Daesung quickly glanced at the bathroom's door "He will kill me."

"Did this all happen because Jiyong slept with that bit.ch?" I asked in despair. Please don't let it be so.

"No, it all started when Jjang found out Mi Seol was a spy. In fact, it was a very good thing Jiyong did her because otherwise Seung Hyun would still be... be... Erm, Jjang helped them out a lot. And besides Sil Jang was already furious at Jiyong for helping Bom so much so he would have sent some people after him, anyway. Don't cry, nuna."

Daesung pouted cutely. "Here, have some chocolate" he handed me another bar after unwrapping it.

I bit onto it while big tears rolled down my cheeks. This are shocking news. And I yelled at Seung Hyun and slapped him thinking he was a coward when in reality he... he was suffering so much. My God, I almost died today and I didn't even realize it. If Seung Hyun would have snapped then...

The bathroom door finally opened and we saw a worn out and annoyed Seung Hyun walk out, his hair was dripping wet and he was wearing Jiyong's old pajama pants and long sleeved tee.

"Yah, come back here" Jiyong yelled trailing after Seung Hyun with a towel in his hands. With a blank look on his face Seung Hyun slumped on the tatami and lied on his back with his eyes closed. No matter how much Jiyong poked him with his foot he wouldn't move.

As I stared at the scene along with Daesung my tears stopped falling from my eyes. I saw Jiyong squat next to the tatami and he started drying Seung Hyun's hair. It touched me how well they always took care of each other.

"You useless piece of shi.t" Jiyong complained. His tee and pants were a little wet and he wiped his forehead. Daesung stood up and took the first aid kit with him. I saw them roll Seung Hyun's tee up and they started going through his wounds and bruises.

Leaning my chin on the backrest of the sofa I munched on the chocolate bar and watched them. They were like a little family, like a lovely cute little family full of love and harmony.

"What the he.ll do you think you are doing?" Jiyong snapped at Daesung.

"But this-"

"Give it to me."

"Why are you so angry?"

"Don't annoy me."

"I won't give you any chocolates then."

"I don't want any."

"Then don't whine when you won't get any."

"Shut up."

"You shut up."

Right... Full of love and harmony? Sure.


"And what the heck are you sitting there for?" Jiyong suddenly glared at me. "Go boil eggs, we need eggs."

I looked at him dryly before getting up and walking to the kitchen. After the eggs were ready I left them cool down in cold water and told Jiyong to go take a shower. Meanwhile I helped Daesung to stick some cooling aids on his and Seung Hyun's back.

"Is he asleep?" I wondered aloud while I packed everything back in the first aid kit.

"I think so" Daesung poked Seung Hyun's forehead "No, actually I think he fainted."

"Maybe we should take him to the hospital..."

"Let's wait until tomorrow, hyung doesn't like hospitals."

I should have known... I sighed as I gazed at his face. What should I think about him now?

"Nuna, please don't hate hyung" Daesung whispered "He is a good person, very good and he likes you so much he even overcame his biggest fear. He did it for you."

"What are you trying to say?" I raised a brow.

"You are his family now" Daesung smiled. "And he treasures his family a lot."

Seung Hyun frowned in his sleep and his hand fumbled for mine, a little startled I wanted to pull it away but he managed to grasp my fingers and held onto them tightly. My heart skipped a beat when I saw him immediately calm down.

"Bom..." he whispered.

"How nice" I said dully, though this was kind of expected. GAH! Still, I feel disappointed. It was me sitting behind him on the motorbike today and he didn't even thank me.

"Please, hold his hand for a while. After that accident he was hospitalized for one month, he had to go through a lot of therapy sessions because of that traumatic experience. Bom was always there to hold his hand. So that's why..." Daesung pouted. "He calms down when someone holds his hand."

"They must really love each other" A dreamy smile spread on my lips. I wish I could have that kind of love story too. Through thick and thin, I sighed.

"Yeah..." Daesung said and looked away from me, he sounded a little hesitant.
 

 

"Jiyong, I said I want to sleep with Daesung" I said the umpteenth time as I lied on the sofa bed with my hands and legs in x position. He stood in front of me with his arms crossed and his left eyebrow raised.

"He is asleep already, next to hyung."

"Then wake him up."

"I'll rather let you sleep next to hyung than that little womanizer."

"What?" I shrieked "Daesung is innocent."

"So you might think..."

"Shut up!" I growled "Go sleep on the floor or something."

"What, am I a dog?" he lifted his knee on the bed and moved my leg.

"Noooo" I whined trying to keep my position but eventually he pushed me aside and lied next to me.

"Aaaah" he smiled widely "Feels so good." he stretched his hands and legs pushing me almost off the bed.

"Keep your slimy body parts to yourself" I hissed pushing him away.

"I'm bigger so I get more bed" he smirked.

"I can kick you out any minute so keep your mouth shut before I do so" I lied on my stomach and buried my face in the pillow.

"Dara" Jiyong whispered as he inched closer. I felt his fingers slid up and down my arm sending this sweet sensation straight to my heart.

"Stop it" I mumbled.

"I know you like it" he whispered.

"Go to he.ll" I pulled my hand away and hid it under the comforter.

"I'm proud of you" he said after a short silence "If you weren't there today... things would have ended differently."

I didn't answer,

"I assume your eyes were closed almost all the race. You didn't see it."

"See what?" I moved my head so I saw Jiyong's serious face "How close he was to..." Jiyong grew quiet "Anyway, you are alive now" he inched even closer.

"Move away" I ordered sternly.

"Nope" his lips brushed against mine.

"No kissing" I covered my lips with my hand.

"But I want to kiss you" he pouted.

"We are not dating even if you imagine so" I jeered.

"I'm practically your boyfriend" he scoffed.

"No you are not."

"You are still thinking about that nerd, eh?" Jiyong raised his brows.

"His kisses are so much sweeter" I lied.

"What?" his eyes widened "You kissed? Tsh" he leaned away from me "I'll kick his pathetic as.s good when I see him the next time."

"What right do you have? You don't own me."

"Okay, if you don't want me to be your boyfriend" Jiyong suddenly turned at me with a cheeky smile on his lips

"How about me being your kiss friend?"

"How about no?"

"Geez, you are so stubborn" his fingers trailed my lips "So y..."

"Are you trying to annoy me on purpose?"

"Yes I am."

"Aish, I'm too tired for this" I mumbled. "Stop pushing it."

"Okay, kiss me once and then I will stop" Jiyong suggested.

"No" I pulled the comforter over my head.

"Then I won't stop touching you" his hand slipped under my tee and caressed my stomach, moving slowly and gently across my skin. I shivered, damn that feels good.

"Stop it" I hissed "Now."

"Kiss me" he inched closer. "Just once" his lips brushed against my ear. "One quick kiss."

"You promise to stop?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I promise" Jiyong's eyes glinted playfully.

Jiyong's hand slipped away and he lied on his back with his eyes closed. I rolled on my side and looked at him dully. What was he trying to be a Sleeping Beauty or something? Look at that stupid smile on his beautiful lips. Look at those ugly bruises on his face. Look at those long eyelashes. Aish, so pretty. My finger pressed softly on

Please log in to read the full chapter