32.

The Moon is Broken
Please log in to read the full chapter

So how does it feel to be hot next to cool?

Like I'm melting



My eyes fluttered open and my body stiffened when I noticed I was lying on my tatami. But I was alone and the comforter was wrapped around me tightly. I quickly sat up and realized Seung Hyun was gone. I ended up without answers again, though, now I am a little closer. I have at least some kind of idea of what is going on.

So they are trying to get back at Sil Jang and that's why their names are engraved on the guy's hit list. Taeyang is involved too, it's too shocking to understand. Then there is Bom, Sil Jang's daughter and her mother is a lawyer who used to be a prosecutor but married a mafia leader. I don't even want to get any deeper into that freaking mess. Let's leave Bom out of this. But it's hard to believe she hurt him too.

Maybe Seung Hyun's heart got so broken he thought he'd just throw his life away? Anyway, I don't care who started what and how many times they have been knocking on the heaven's doors. That's all in the past, what I am more interested in is the future. What's going to happen next? Or more like, what should I prepare myself for.

Okay, so now I find out there is this mysterious girl. She might or might not have two timed Seung Hyun with Jiyong. Maybe Jiyong didn't know she was dating Seung Hyun and fell in love with her? I doubt what Daesung said about Jiyong always loving only me. Sounds so unrealistic. Maybe Sil Jang killed this girl? Or kidnapped her? Or what if she fell in love with him? Sick... Then what about Bom? When does she enter the picture?

No matter how I think about it this look alike girl is messing everything up, like she doesn't belong to the story.

As I was taking a shower I remembered Seung Hyun asked me not to show up at Paradise Kiss for a few days. And even if he hadn't said anything I was fed up. Enough, I should stop hanging around there and finally rent a place and start my new business. About damn time!

I realized I hadn't contacted my friends for a while so I decided to get my mind off the mess and just have fun for a change. There will be plenty of time to think about the crappy mess my life had turned into.

I spent a few days lazing around in my apartment because I was so worn out. I hadn't even realized how tired I was from whole mess. Somehow I successfully managed to totally block all my thoughts off of the two player jerks. Maybe because I was busy reading a few new books I had been anticipating to read for a while now.

A few days passed in a flash and I felt relaxed and good, like I had gotten my old life back. I called my friends and we agreed to organize a girl's night because we hadn't seen each other for such a long while. It would have been nice to meet Taeyang but since we agreed we wouldn't meet I had to forget about him too.

I won't hurry back to Paradise Kiss. It's not like I have to go back there at all. Besides neither of those idiots contacted me so I guess they didn't miss me... jerks.

They were probably happy without me snooping around their business. I imagined them sit together in Seung Hyun's office wearing their most expensive suits, drinking expensive champagne and laughing dryly like some corrupted businessmen. Okay, I should stop thinking about this before I'll change my mind and end up there with them.

Instead, let me introduce you to my three best friends in whole world: Gong Minji, Min Eun Miand Lee Chae Rin. We all met in high school and have been in contact with each other ever since. We couldn't meet up that often anymore because everyone was busy with their work. But once in a while we arranged lunch dates, went clubbing and held girl's nights.

Minji has always liked to ask questions so she became a reporter. Remember her? Eun Mi works in a publishing company as a proofreader because her dream was to publish a book but she is too lazy to write it herself. You must also remember Chae Rin who has her own beauty salon, she has always been a diva and in love with beauty products.

So in the evening I stood in front of Minji’s apartment with two wine bottles in my hands. She soon opened the door, we both squealed, like usual, and hugged. Eun Mi and Chae Rin were already there, sitting on the floor around a low table that was filled with food and drinks. Minji is a good cook and my mouth watered just from the thought of the dishes she had prepared for us.

After squealing for some more, give us a break we are girls after all, hugging and random bustling we finally settled on the floor. The TV was on and our favorite show of all time Let's Get Married was airing, just perfect.

"Ahhh, finally the wine is here" Eun Mi started opening both bottles.

"I was sick of drinking beer anyway" Minji said lazily.

"Dara, why do you look so happy? Did something good happen?" Chae Rin asked and pushed her glasses a bit higher.

"Yeah" I squealed. "I realized I am lucky to have you all. Now I can go back to my normal life" I grabbed the nearest beer bottle and took a huge sip.

"I love you all." I grinned and wiped my mouth with the sleeve of my hoodie.

"Okay, you better tell us everything" Minji perked up. "Is it about that gay guy?"

"What gay guy?" Eun Mi and Chae Rin asked in one voice.

"It's nothing" I mumbled. "Just one friend of mine..."

"Wait! Is there finally some action between you and Taeyang?" Eun Mi wanted to know.

"Did you two finally sleep together?" Chae Rin asked.

"What? No..." I said dully. "We are just friends..." Aish, don't talk about him...

"I can tell he doesn't agree" Eun Mi teased.

"Yeah" Both Chae Rin and Minji nodded and exchanged meaningful glances.

"There is nothing between us, he helped me to wrap up the business and we went to look for a new place. Then we went to the beach, build a sand castle and I stepped into a shard of glass, bare footed. That's what happened between us."

How much time has passed since that happened? Feels like eternity. I miss those times.

"AHEM!" Chae Rin cleared .

Aish, I forgot I told her about the kiss...

"Okay, he kissed me but I pretended I was asleep." Must keep that kiss in the rain a secret.

"Besides, I don't like him in that way" I added.

They all looked at me dully, clearly showing they didn't believe me.

"So typical of you..." Chae Rin rolled her eyes.

"Are you trying to say nothing happened?"

"Hello, it's Taeyang we are talking about." I grabbed a pair of chopsticks while trying to decide what to put in my mouth next.

"Not so fast" Chae Rin grabbed the plate with sausages away from me. "You look like you have gained even more weight since I last saw you! Have you been eating a lot lately? Is there any kind of problem after all?"

"Yah, how can you say I gained weight" I whined.

"Because I am your friend. If I don't say it then who will?"

"Come on, don't bully her" Minjitook the plate from Chae Rin's hands. "Here, eat a lot" she smiled sweetly.

"I love you" I looked at her teary eyed.

"Sorry, I don't date girls" she chuckled.

I wish Seung Hyun said that to me and let me free from this useless and depressing crush.

Ignoring my friends talk about some, apparently HOT, guy I stuffed my mouth with food and chewed silently. All day I had been wondering if I should tell them what happened but then I realized they'd make

Please log in to read the full chapter