28.

The Moon is Broken
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Startled, I sat up in my bed. The doorbell rang through my apartment hurting my ears and it was still just an early morning.

If it's some from door to door seller I am going to take out my knife and butcher him right there. Then I will chop him into pieces, make soap of him and sell it in the market. It wouldn't be the first time my neighbors would see a pool of blood at my doorsteps, anyway. I'll just throw my sanity away and become a serial killer. While walking to the door I even came up with a nickname for myself 'Soap Mama'.

"Who is it" I asked groggily as I opened the door.

"Surprise" Seung Hyun smiled cheerily at me and I wanted to rip his face into pieces.

"I don't want to see you" I slammed the door shut. Fck, just what I needed. After yesterday I don't want to see anyone for months. I'll just lock myself in this apartment and never go out again. I'll find a job in Internet and buy canned food enough for the rest of my life. Or until Jiyong and Seung Hyun solve their damn problems.

"Pepsi, my cellphone" the door opened and Seung Hyun stepped in.

"What the hell?" I shrieked. "I just locked the door."

He shook a key in the air with a cunning smirk on his face. "I told you I made a copy."

"My God, that's so messed up! I'll call the police if you don't give that to me and leave now."

"Did you cry?" he stared at me.

"Did you fight with Jiyong?" I stared at a bruise on his chin.

"Before you pity me, you should see in what kind of condition I sacked him" Seung Hyun said with excitement, like a proud little kid.

"You told him there is nothing between you and me, right?" I asked with much hope in my voice.

"Why? Is he suspecting something?" Seung Hyun raised his brows "He didn't say anything to me."

"Then what did you fight about?" I asked in disbelief.

Is the duck monkey blaming only me for everything? I totally don't get it at all.

"Oh that, well..." Seung Hyun smiled awkwardly "You see, I accidentally broke his gameboy. But it was his fault he left it in the middle of the floor and I stepped on it. Well, it was his room but he knew I would come by at some point. I don't know why he decided to turn the night lamp off yesterday. He usually never turns it off."

"You sneaked into his apartment?" I gaped at Seung Hyun. Okay... should I know something else about him? Maybe he has some issues?

"Why? I do it all the time. But anyway, he was kind of pissed off yesterday and I got this feeling it wasn't just because the gameboy... though, that gameboy was very important to him. I am not sure if I will ever be able to buy a new one because it was pretty old."

"Shut up!" I shrieked, my head spinning. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"Someone is cranky in the morning" Seung Hyun smiled understandingly.

"Just like Jiyong hubby."

This is it. I swear he must be mental.

"Don't talk about him. Get the heck out of here" I tried to push Seung Hyun towards the door.

"Wait, I came to get my cellphone and suit. That's all."

"Fine. I'll get them for you."

"Wait, but what happened to you?" he grabbed my shoulder.

I gave him a weird look. "What do you mean?"

Without another word he pushed me in the bathroom and we stopped in front of the mirror, he stood behind me with his hands on my shoulders.

My eyes widened when I saw the hideous creature stare back at me. My hair was forming some kind of huge nest on my head, my eyes and cheeks were swollen and my eyes bloodshot. I grabbed my face in horror.

"This is all duck 's fault."

"You got into another argument already?" Seung Hyun asked in disbelief "When did you?"

"You don't have to know" I shook my head "Just, please leave me alone. I need to sulk and wallow in self pity alone."

"So that's why he was so angry yesterday..." Seung Hyun rubbed his chin "No wonder..."

"It's all your fault" I said helplessly.

"What did I do?"

"Because you are..."

I looked at him but couldn't say anything. He looked handsome today even though there were a few bruises on his face. His hair was shiny and puffy, slightly styled to suit him and he was wearing a dark gray suit, the vest and all that. He looked like he stepped out from a fashion magazine this morning.

"Because you are such a donkey" I said hastily and turned away from him. I need to get rid of the idiot before I start feeling all weird again. So I just went back to bed as if it would solve all my problems. Maybe if I sleep for a bit longer I will become luckier?

"Pepsi" Seung Hyun sat on the edge of my sofa bed. "We need to do something about your face."

"I told you to get away from here. You got your suit and phone, so get the heck outta here" I mumbled from under the comforter.

He sighed. "I don't know what happened between you and him but seriously we need to do something about that face. First of all, drink this water" he started pulling the comforter off my face.

"Go to hell!" I yelled, trying to pull the comforter back. He must have been leaning his hand on it because when I jerked the comforter at myself with all my might he lost his balance and started falling over.

"Eep" he let out a quiet yelp before his his hand landed on my chest, his lips brushing against mine.

"You ert!" I quickly pushed him away and he fell on the floor, I heard him groan.

"I'm just trying to help."

"I don't need your help" I hid under the comforter and turned my back at him.

Damn, that just now sent my heart leaping. Damned idiot, how can something like an accidental kiss happen now and here? It never happens in real life! My face hurt because it was so swollen, skin was getting tight. And the blush burned my cheeks uncomfortably while I rubbed my dry lips as if doing so would erase the whole kiss.

"Okay, I'll go then" Seung Hyun's voice could be heard from somewhere further away. "I'm leaving your clothes in the hallway, it's the black paper bag. Take care."

"See you never again" I said bitterly.

"I love you too" he sang before stepping out from my apartment. Only after hearing the lock click I finally relaxed. What a promising start to yet another chaotic day... And I closed my eyes wanting to fall asleep for 100 years.


In my, once again, messed up dream I was the witch of the sea and there was a bird's nest on my head with seagull living in it. Don't ask how he survived under the water. Instead of giving the little mermaid the potion to turn her fishtail into pair of legs I gave her potion that would turn the prince into a mermaid. I guess he wouldn't be called mermaid then, merman maybe?

Anyway, so he became half fish half human and after getting little mermaid pregnant (I also don't know how that is possible and I think I will live my life better if I never find out.) he actually realized that he was in love with me.

I told him he'd have to shave off his hair if he wanted to be with me so the seagull would get some more material for his nest. The prince became bald and we lived for 300 hundred years, his hair never grew back. What a tragedy.

Familiar silky voice started slowly intruding my dream and I stirred in my sleep.

"Yah, Jiyong, seriously... I can't believe you did something like that. Are you crazy? I don't approve of such things. I guess you will never grow up after all, so childish. No seriously, stop trying already. That's not going to happen. Ha, yeah right. I dare you to do that."

I felt something moist on my face and smelled this fresh scent, smells like cucumber. Someone's presence was hovering over me.

"It's about time you realize all your efforts are worthless. I know what you feel and what I feel, it's not going to happen. Me? Tsh... You don't know half of what I am planning to do. You think so but you don't really know so don't interfere in my plans. I already sent invitations to your wedding. Yah... It's unhealthy to scream in the morning."

My eyes fluttered open and I saw Seung Hyun peek at me, he flashed a cheery smile when he saw me awake. What the heck? Didn't he leave?

"Talk to you later, she woke up" Seung Hyun ended his phone conversation and concentrated his attention on me.

I attempted to sit down but he quickly placed his hand over my forehead and kept me on my back.

"Wait, don't get up yet. The cucumbers will fall off."

"What do you think you are doing?" I glared at him "Who gave you permission to put cucumbers on my face while I was asleep?"

"It's for your best" he smiled sweetly "Five minutes more."

"You better give that key back to me" I said crankily. "You, do you know you are being extra creepy now? What about my privacy? How can you just come in my apartment as you please?"

He looked at me dully "I own you so..."

"Get out of here!" I yelled and sat up, cucumbers slowly sliding off my face. "You creepy donkey!"

I grabbed a pillow and tossed it at Seung Hyun's face. He dodged.

"Pepsi, you don't understand."

"Get out or I will seriously call the police!"

"You can try calling, just try it" he said sternly and grabbed a bowl. "Now, facial mask."

"What?" I shrieked in disbelief "What is that?"

"I made it myself, it's a refreshing facial mask. Should add some glow and vigor to your skin" he leaned a bit closer "I will help you put it on."

"You, you" I gaped at him. "Why do you know how to make a facial mask?"

"It's" he frowned slightly and then sighed. "Always asking..." he mumbled as he pushed me lie on my back "It's something I don't like to talk about."

"You must be gay or crazy."

"I am not, there is a reason why I know this all but I am not comfortable talking about it" he muttered quietly as he grabbed some of the mask in his hand. "Here we go." Whatever, I bet it's something stupid.

I closed my eyes and let him apply the mask. What's the use to fight back when it was clear he'd win, anyway. The mask was cool and refreshing, smelled like kiwis and strawberries and I wanted to smile when Seung Hyun's fingers touched my skin. Something about his touch made me feel all giddy inside even though the situation was completely gay.

After applying the mask he said I should lie still for ten minutes. I slightly opened my eyes and saw him wipe his hands in a cloth, then he loosened his tie his eyes concentrated on the TV even though it wasn't even on. While ing two upper buttons of his shirt he stood up and went to get the remote, then turning the TV on. I watched him stand in front of it for a while. Then he scooped some stuff in his hands from the low table and walked away. Probably putting everything back in the place. Hmmm, how organized...

I stared at the ceiling wondering why the heck was he here taking care of my face when he probably had more important things to do. The morning news caught my attention, it was still only 9 am. I wonder how early Seung Hyun wakes up every morning? Does he ever sleep since he works at the club too? His life must be hectic yet he always finds time to do outrageous stuff like go to spa and skating with Daesung. Though, at the spa he probably always does some business talk too.

My eyes flicked at Seung Hyun when I heard him come back. I actually heard his steps, maybe for the first time. He usually walked so silently.

With a coffee cup in one hand and his haptic in other he stopped next to the sofa and glanced at the TV once in a while while typing something on his cellphone. He slowly brought it to his ear and stared intensely at the TV while waiting for the other person to pick up.

"Sell the APEX shares, we don't need that crap" he suddenly said, sounding all business.

"Yeah, I know, I just saw the news. Are you questioning my authority? Screw the CEO. I'm telling you now is the right time" he murmured, glanced at me from the corners of his eyes and walked somewhere further away.

"How many times have I been wrong about this? Okay, no, sell them all. Yah, the old man is on holiday now. He told me to do whatever I want."

I couldn't see him but for a while he became quiet.

"Secretary Kim, ha ha" he laughed very dryly, like all businessmen do. "So who did you say called? Just tell him I have no space in my schedule for two weeks for now on. Yes I know, we can't let him get off so easily after he withdrew from that deal last time. You think it's okay? Fine, I am busy for the next four weeks. No exceptions for him. Thanks hon, bye."

Okay, I have to admit he is being pretty impressive right now.

"Did you send the documents? Did they answer anything yet? How about the field work? Great, I was just going to call her and ask about the foreign guests. No, no, no" he paused for a while. "Of course" I heard him smile and I imagined that to be a very conceited smile "Let's do that. Okay, I'll call him now." He cursed softly by himself while dialing another number.

"I am so sorry, I am sure you already heard. My car broke down and now I am in the middle of nowhere waiting for some help." he lied suavely managing to sound very sincere. I admire that skill of his, art of lying.

"I am sorry I can't attend the meeting but you know what to do right? I trust you! Don't let them decide on the price all by themselves. We don't need it if they won't lower the price. That's what I am saying. See you later."

"Don't tell me you didn't go to the meeting because of me?" I asked carefully.

"It's not polite to eavesdrop" Seung Hyun scolded playfully.

He strolled leisurely to the sofa and stopped behind it, peeking at me, a sweet smile on his lips. He took a sip from his coffee and glanced a the TV, pressing the phone tightly to his ear. I stared at his face and heavenly jaw line. He looked actually pretty tired today, like he hadn't slept for two days. Yesterday he looked just fine though.

Please log in to read the full chapter