25.

The Moon is Broken
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Who told you I love you?"

"You did"


After chit chatting with the bar tender for a while I ordered a beer, saying Seung Hyun allowed me to drink for free. It was a lie but the guy believed me without a blink of an eye. Knowing the club owner sure gives you great benefits, life is all about connections.

I winked to the cute young bar tender when he sent the bear bottle across the counter and he laughed, winking back. In a good mood for a change, I was just taking it easy and getting in the clubbing mood. Should I have some fun today and forget about everything? It's been a while since I went clubbing last time.

As I sipped from the bottle I kept gazing at the dance floor while sitting on a stool with my legs crossed and my elbows leaning on the counter behind me. I made sure to wear extra short jeans skirt, a top with open back and extra high heels, just to piss Seung Hyun off. I might have gone over the top with my make up but smoky eyes make me feel y and that's healthy sometimes.

When have I paid this much attention to my looks last time? Who knows.... And it truly scares me that I am doing this all just because of some guy. I even bought new lip gloss and painted my nails red. Geez. Is Seung Hyun really worth this all? Though, I wonder how Jiyong will react seeing me like this.

Like always, the club was packed with posh and stylish people, all drunk as hell. I watched their bodies sway along the music in so many inappropriate ways. If only someone the lights and let them see how dirty and disgusting they were, grinding against each other and sharing hungry kisses. Tsh... Typical night at a club and I am alone...

In fact, unlike usually, I actually felt relieved to have some time on my own. For a moment I pondered whether I should go greet the guys but they were probably busy with loads of paper work and I wasn't feeling like working. This brings me to a question, why did I even come to Paradise Kiss? Guess, it has become a habit. Whatever happened to opening a new book store? That can wait.

Letting out a sigh I decided to pay a visit to the restrooms but on my way I suddenly stopped in my tracks when a seemingly familiar voice crept into my ears. I took three steps backwards and squinted my eyes at the guy who was enjoying his time with a group of girls in one of the booths. The heck?

Wearing simple jeans and black blazer without anything under it, a golden bling bling necklace and silver Rolex glinting on his wrist, he leaned forward to pour more champagne for the girls. They all giggle at something he said and he flashed a charming smile. His hair was styled with lads of hair spray and wax and he was wearing aviators on his eyes so it was actually hard to recognize his real identity. In fact, I wouldn't have realized it was him if I didn't hear his voice. But who the heck wears sunglasses in a club? Like it's not dark enough...

My feet took me in front of the table and I just stood there gaping at him like a moron. The girls, four in total, all glared at me like I was their worst enemy and practicality I was. It's just that... they had no chances against me. I knew it, they didn't. Hah! Even just comparing our outfits, I could have gotten any guy from their grasps in my white miniskirt, loose top with deep v-cut and y high heels. But I am not the type to steal other girl's guys! It's just this one guy I am not willing to share.

Flipping my hair I eyed them all, a loud scoff escaping my lips. His taste is so plain. Seeing the girl's faces turn sour I smirked with satisfaction. They must be furious. This is like stealing food from fat pigeons, rather easy. The guy noticed me too but he just smiled pretending not to know me. What a cheap act.

"Yah, stupid player, I know it's you" I smirked.

He slid his aviators down, along the bridge of his nose, so I finally saw his eyes that were telling me to move along. I don't know what he was doing but I sure didn't like it. I don't want to say I was feeling jealous of the two girls in his arms, no, I won't admit that. But how could he do this to Bom? I swear, I am only thinking about Bom's best. Really, really, I promise, really. Argh, okay I have to admit I might be a tiny little bit pissed because... Seung Hyun is too good for these fat pigeons.

"Yah, bit.ches. You better leave now" I glared at the women and saw their faces stiffen.

"What?"

"Outrageous!"

“Who do you think you are?”

"She is crazy."

“Piss off bit.ch.”

"I said, get your fat as.ses moving" I growled, grabbed a random glass and emptied it at the closest girl. "Ugly bit.ches. He is too good for you."

"Yah. What do you think you are doing?" one of the pigeons shrieked.

“You want to fight?”

Seung Hyun didn't say anything just raised his left eyebrow, his eyes lingering on my face and his lips curling into a lopsided, amused smile while I just glowered at the pigeons as I slowly reached my hand in my pocket to take out my cigarettes and a lighter. Finally, I bought a new one.

"Who wants their hair burned today?" I played with the lighter and smirked evilly. "You?" I turned at one of the girls. She stared back at me with frightened eyes.

"Crazy slu.t!"

“You need mental help.”

“What a freak.”

"Tsh" I scoffed as I watched them scram away with their shoulders slouched. Losers.

"What do you think you are doing now?" Seung Hyun asked lazily. I lighted my cigarette and spun around seeing him sit in a relaxed manner, his legs crossed and champagne glass in his hand.

"What are you doing?" I asked, a tint of amusement in my voice. If he was going to party why wasn't I invited? I grabbed one of the champagne glasses and drank from it.

"Why choose so tasteless chicks?"

Seung Hyun looked at me from head to toe with a cool expression on his face. “You want me to choose you?” he his lips.

“Why don't you try?” I wiggled my eyebrows while in my daily dose of nicotine, so unhealthy and addicting.

Seung Hyun shifted his intimidated gaze off me and uncrossed his legs. "Anyway, how did you recognize me?"

"Why? It's not like your disguise is that good."

"I managed to fool everyone else."

I raised my brows.

"I'm just checking the quality of the service. You ruined everything, thanks a lot" Seung Hyun let out a frustrated sigh. "Just when I was getting to the best part" He fell to his side on the sofa and groaned.

"That's just weird. Why didn't you ask some professional to do that?"

"I asked but I want to see it myself. Now I need to go change my outfit."

"But the truth is that you are just feeling lazy and want to hit on some girls, eh?" I joked and drank the rest of champagne from my glass. "Don't do that when you already have a girlfriend."

"Yah!" Seung Hyun suddenly sat up and glared at me "I do not have a girlfriend."

"Well..." I shrugged "Why are you getting angry?"

He looked away from me. "I'm not getting angry. Just stop insisting she is my girlfriend."

"But still, think what she would feel if she saw you now" I nagged. "I pity her."

Seung Hyun squinted his eyes at me "You you don't know anything." he is starting to sound like Jiyong. “This is my problem, not yours.”

"Did you two fight?" I asked, a little amused.

"Sorry, but that's not your business."

Is it just me or is he in a baaaad mood today? "You are butting into my and Jiyong's business all the time."

"That's different" he looked at me like I was stupid.

"Don't look at me like that." I frowned, feeling something weird turn in the pits of my stomach. That look is familiar in a very disturbing way.

"And you! Don't fall in love with me" He wasn't even joking, he looked dead serious. The cigarette fell from my mouth as my jaw dropped.

"What?"

"Dara, just one night and we didn't even do anything. Why?"

"Wh-wh-aa-at?" I stuttered.. "What are you implying now?!" My cheeks flustered, this situation is just too embarrassing. I mean, what the heck is he saying again? My heart fluttered in panic and then rushed into a marathon. I was afraid to be found out, no. He shouldn't know.

"You see" Seung Hyun slowly stood up and towered over me.

"I am starting to suspect" he leaned so close I could smell his cologne. And why didn't he wear anything under the blazer? My eyes narrowed at his collar bones and slid down his smooth chest.

"Right now I am very annoyed, I apologize about that and about what I might say soon. Ahem! My eyes are here."

My eyes flicked up and I flashed him a nervous grin. Damn. If only I could control my blood circulation I'd send it all to my feet. Seung Hyun's eyes widened a little and his lips formed a straight line, his facial expression becoming unreadable.

"Yes" I chirped taking a small step back.

"Your reaction is quite interesting. Park Dara, I don't like the fact you might harbor some kind of special feelings towards me. It's not right and you are just wasting your precious time."

His formal speech caught me off guard and I gaped at him. I had never seen him look so professional. Is this his business persona? For the first time Seung Hyun sounded like a boss, authority seeping from his every word and gesture. A born leader? It's so rare to see him this serious.

"I don't" I said in quiet voice but he just looked at me sternly like a father looks at a child that has done something wrong.

"Then, you should have no problem if I went to meet with other women now, right?" he asked indifferently.

"I am just concerned about your well being" he stopped next to me, our shoulders brushing against each other.

"Don't let your feelings destroy our relationship because they will if they happen grow too strong." A whisper brought his cold voice into my ear and I held my breathe.

"We are both adults here, aren't we? Would you please control your facial expressions when you are in my company?" He pat my shoulder and started walking away..

Seriously, I just don't get him. He couldn't have gotten me more wrong. The reason why I don't like seeing him with other women is... well, it just disgusts me. I know he is a player but I hate the thought of him being a player. I hate players like him, it's better to be untouchable and cool. But the way he is acting is just disgusting and sleazy. Not Seung Hyun, he can't be that kind of person. I don't want him to be that kind of tainted person. This doesn't mean I'm in love, right? Please say yes.

I spun around and dashed after him.

"YAH!" I ran to him and hugged him from behind. "You can't!" Yet again, I acted before thinking everything over.

He let out a long sigh "This-"


"Don't sleep with other women."


He didn't say anything, I expected him to at least scoff but he didn't. His body stiffened and he just stood there, not even attempting to push me away.

"You can't!" I growled into his back. "You can't be like that. Don't be that kind of a person."

He sighed again, no response escaping his lips. The music was making me go deaf and people bumped into us as we stood at the side of the dance floor.

"Seung Hyun, you stupid player. You are worth more than this" I scolded him. Someone needed to slap some sense into his stubborn head. "How can you throw your life away in this manner? You will never be happy if-"

"Don't say anymore!" he cut me off, sounding desperate. "Let go!"

"Let me finish!" I yelled over the blasting music.

“But I don't want to hear!” He suddenly spun around and we faced each other. “Don't say things like that. Never say anything like that again because I don't want to hear it.”

“You listen, stop running away!” I yelled. “Stop being a coward. You definitely have some kind of problem so why the heck are you trying to solve it by sleeping with other women when you have one who cares?”

“What?” Seung Hyun scoffed “Who cares?”

I glared at him, pursing my lips tightly together,

“She doesn't care, at all.”

“I bet she does.”

“You bet?” Seung Hyun asked in disbelief.

“I am sure” Flashing an encouraging smile I rubbed the back of my neck and for a second my gaze escaped the grasp of his eyes. That was a mistake because when I wasn't looking he scooped me in a hug and my waist bumped into his.

“What?” My eyes widened in shock, shivers running over my skin from his sudden closeness.

“Then” Seung Hyun whispered his lips inching closer. “Can you handle me?”

“Stop it” Pressing my palm to his forehead I tried to push him away. “Stop flirting, I am being serious.”

“Oh, me too” he said sarcastically.

“Don't dare to bring those dirty lips close to mine.”

“You told me to stop running away.”

“So stop it already.”

“You are kidding me...” Seung Hyun sounded disappointed, his hold of me suddenly loosening.

“Just talk it all over with Bom, I am sure you two-” My voice suddenly wavered and I stopped mid sentence. Do I really want them to get together? I'm such a hypocrite I even disgust myself.

“What?” Seung Hyun hugged me, his cheek pressing against my hair and I heard him take a deep breathe. “What were you saying?”

My hands gripped on the front of his blazer.

“Just, you and Bom are made for each other.”

He caressed my hair “Is that all you want to tell me?”

“What else do you want me to say?”

“That you love me.”

“Stop joking” I pouted my lips. “Let go.”

“I'm not joking.”

“And I am not falling into your stupid trap again” I pulled away from the hug. “Didn't we agree to drop all those fake confessions?”

Seung Hyun ran his hand through his hair.

“Hmmm” he smiled. “It's harder to get out of you after all. Still, I am sure you like me a bit more than you should.”

For a second I thought he was really serious a while ago.

“Unbelievable” I breathed out.

“Good job finally being able to resist me” he chuckled.

This hurts more than I expected. When will he stop torturing me with acting all lovely and then turning it all into a joke. I can't tell if he is serious or not. But why would he even like a commoner like me when he can have a queen? What prince needs a fairy?

"What's going on?"

I looked to my side and saw Jiyong stand next to us with his hands crossed over his chest, he raised his eyebrows. "Is there something I should know about your relationship?" he sounded awfully tense.

"No" I quickly unwrapped my arms from around Seung Hyun's waist "We were just talking."

"Talking? For some reason it looked like you were doing something else" he glared at me, looking very unsatisfied. His mouth twitched as he kept glaring at me.

"You are misunderstanding" Why am I even trying to explain myself? "It's not your business, anyway."

"No" Seung Hyun butted in. "I think it is" he grabbed Jiyong's shoulder "We need to talk, now."

"Let me talk with her first" Jiyong said nonchalantly, he didn't seem to be angry at Seung Hyun at all. Just at me. What the?

"I said, we need to talk" Seung Hyun said coldly and finally caught Jiyong's attention. He quickly turned to look at Seung Hyun's face giving him a puzzled look.

I observ

Please log in to read the full chapter