Of Snow fight and Dance

Pillow Talk

Sowon woke up to Eunha peppering kisses all over her face. She laughed and pulled Eunha for a hug.

“You are awake,” Eunha whispered.

“Because you are kissing me,” Sowon whispered back. Voice hoarse from waking up.

Eunha smiled. “I wake up and got an urge to kiss you, unnie,” Eunha said. She planted another kiss at Sowon’s jaw. She raised her head to smile at Sowon.

Sowon captured Eunha’s lips with her own. “Good morning.”

“Good morning,” Eunha greeted.

They fall into comfortable silence. Eunha rested her head on Sowon’s chest. She hummed along the sounds of Sowon’s heartbeat. Comforting and familiar.

“How did it feel, unnie?” Eunha broke their silence. “Did it hurt?”

“Hm?” Sowon caressed Eunha’s hair.

--

Yerin’s awake. She’s still so sleepy but she can’t help but hearing the hushed conversation from the lower bunk. Don’t tell me—Eunha isn’t going to ask something like…. Did it hurt when you fall from heaven?….. that’s like super chessy…

--

“Did it hurt—” Eunha paused to look into Sowon’s eyes. “Did it hurt when you fall for me?”

Sowon continued to caress Eunha’s hair. “Did it hurt when you fall for me, Eunha?” Sowon asked.

“Unnie,” Eunha whined, “I am asking you…. Why are you asking me back?” She puffed her cheeks.

Sowon poked Eunha’s cheek. “It hurts a lot. There’re times I thought I am dying because of it.” Sowon poked Eunha’s cheek again. Eunha looked up in alarm.

“Yet, it’s also filled me with so much happiness… that I am afraid that everything has been a dream…. And that when I finally wake up, you are not here…” Sowon continued.

“No, unnie…” Eunha climbed so that she’s on top of Sowon. “I am not going anywhere. It isn’t a dream.” Eunha gazed into Sowon’s eyes. “You are awake, unnie. And I am with you. I am her to stay. You, once said that I am your home…. I want to tell you, that you are also my home, Sojung-unnie.”

Sowon reached to touch Eunha’s cheek with a smile. “Okay.”

“Loving you feel like coming home, unnie,” Eunha continued.

“Okay,” Sowon said with a smile. “I believe in you, Eunbi.”

Eunha smiled. She pinned Sowon’s arms onto the bed before she leaned down to capture Sowon’s lips. They kissed and kissed until they were out of breath. Eunha leaned her forehead against Sowon’s. Sowon’s arms on her back. Eunha planted small kisses on Sowon’s shoulder.

--

“Guys…guys… knock it off, please. It’s still like three in the morning…..” Yerin grumbled. These two…..are really going to be my death…..sigh…

Eunha giggled at how grumpy Yerin sounded.

Before they fall into sleep the second time. Eunha whispered, “I’ll protect you, unnie.”

“Hm… from what?” Sowon asked sleepily.

Eunha’s silence for a moment. “I don’t know, anything. I’ll protect you from anything, unnie.”

Sowon smiled as she kissed the crown of Eunha’s head. “I love you.”

--

“Unnie, look outside! Everything is covered in white!” Eunha excitedly pointed at the window. “It is so beautiful, unnie.”

Sowon lazily walked toward the window. “Almost Christmas, huh? It’s cold.”

“Unnie, I want to play on the rooftop with everyone. Do you want to come?”

“It is cold.”

“But, it is going to be fun. Come on, come on-“ Eunha pleaded with her puppy eyes that usually Sowon never refused.

Sowon run her hand through her hair. “But, it is so cold-“

Eunha still used her puppy eyes at Sowon. If it’s possible, Eunha even amplified the power of her puppy eyes.

“…. Okay okay… let’s go to the rooftop to play,” Sowon conceded.

Eunha cheered and pulled Sowon toward the door but Sowon stayed still. Eunha looked questioningly at her.

“Not so fast, Eunha. Let’s wear warmer clothes first.”

--

“Unnie, I looked like a burrito!” Eunha is wrapped in a thick jacket, a long scarf, and a pink beanie.

“But Eunha, you look so adorable and it is warmer that way,” Sowon gushed at Eunha.

Eunha pouted a bit.

“Ah, my adorable girlfriend,” Sowon gushed again. She took some pictures of Eunha.

Eunha tried to keep pouting but the happy smile on Sowon’s face made her unable to suppress her smile any longer. Her girlfriend is a huge silly dork. But, her Sowon-unnie actually looked adorable too. Sowon has a jacket that looked really warm and fluffy and soft. Her scarf is in a matching color with Eunha.

“But, unnie. You looked really adorable, yourself.”

“Huh?”

“I want to take your picture too,” Eunha said. Eunha took out her phone and posed beside Sowon. “Unnie, let’s take a selfie.”

Sowon nodded and looked into the phone’s camera. Instead of looking at the camera, Eunha looked at Sowon and managed to sneak a kiss into Sowon’s cheek when the camera is flashing.

Sowon is stunned by the sudden attack until she heard Eunha’s laugh. “Ya!”

Eunha winked at Sowon and run to the rooftop while laughing. Sowon touched her cheek. She shook her head and followed Eunha to the rooftop. A huge smile spread across her face.

--

“SinB, throwing snowball right into Sowon-unnie’s face, that might be a bad idea, you know?” Umji asked from behind the big snowman she’s been trying to build.

“Pssh, it’s going to be okay! The most unnie will do is throwing snowballs back at us,” SinB replied calmly from behind her makeshift port of snow. SinB was prepared. She cackled evilly at her unnie misfortune that she’s going to bestow. Payback for calling me cute!

Umji heard the way SinB’s cackled but she brushed it away as one of SinB’s moment. She went back to her snowman.

SinB peeked from behind her port. She found Umji near her, building a snowman. She looked ahead of Umji to find Yuju made a snow angel. She knew that Sowon and Eunha were at dorm. Yerin, she can’t find Yerin anywhere. SinB frown in confusion.

“Umji, do you know where Yerin-unnie is?” SinB asked.

Umji shrugged her shoulder. “Maybe Yuju-unnie know…?” Umji turned to Yuju who’s been in her own world. “Yuju-unnie, do you know where Yerin-unnie is?”

SinB was about to ask Yuju herself when she heard sounds of hurried footsteps from behind. Moments later, she found herself to be hug-tackled to the snow covered ground. SinB landed face-first in the snow. She groaned. But, sounds of laughter filled her surroundings.

“SinB SinB SinB,” Yerin sing-a-song voice could be heard from above her, she sat comfortably on SinB’s back.

“Unnie, why are you tackling me like that?!” SinB asked. She tried to stand and shook Yerin off her. She failed of course.

Yerin laughed. After minutes of SinB struggled to shake Yerin off her, Yerin took pity on SinB and decided to stand up. She pulled SinB up with her. “Aww, you got snow on your hair,” Yerin teased.

“And, why do you think is that?” SinB asked grumpily. “Unnie, seriously… why are you even tackling me like that?”

“I am not tackling you, I am hugging you,” Yerin replied, “Like this.” Yerin demonstrated by pulling SinB toward her and hugged her tightly. “Maybe I am just using too much force….?”

“Unnie….” SinB sighed. But, she hugged Yerin just as tightly.

Right then, they heard sound of laughter from behind the rooftop doors and hurried steps. Signaling that people were approaching the rooftop. SinB pulled apart from Yerin. “It is war time, unnie!” SinB yelled while pulling Yerin to duck behind her makeshift port.

--

‘It is going to be fun,’ she said. Sowon muttered silently. The moment she stepped into the rooftop, SinB launched a snowball into her face. Yerin followed. Sowon thrown a snowball in reply. Too bad, it ended up splashing Yuju instead of SinB. Yuju in turned thrown her snowball at Sowon but missed. And soon there’s a full blown snowball fight among the six of them.

Sowon plopped down at the snow. Her clothes already wet from the snow. Her nose was runny. She’s already so tired after the snowball war. They have been doing that for around for three hours after all. She wasn’t lost so she concluded that all is good then.

Eunha plopped down beside her. “Unnie, you are going to get sick if you stay here any longer.”

“You too,” Sowon replied.

Eunha snuggled closer to Sowon. “I am still young, I won’t get sick that easily.”

“Yah! I am young too!” Sowon piched Eunha’s arm. “Are you implying that I am old…?”

Eunha laughed as Sowon pouted at her. “I think you are old enough to do some stuffs with me, unnie.”

“What kind of stuffs?” Sowon’s eyebrow rose in confusion.

Eunha pressed her lips onto Sowon’s lips softly. “Stuffs like this and some other stuffs…. you know… other stuffs like maybe making out with me,” Eunha whispered into Sowon’s ear. Then she pulled back and winked as Sowon gaped at her.

“Yah!” Sowon’s face was burning. She stood up from the ground, she pouted. “Okay, I am going inside!”

Eunha’s laughter erupted even louder.

--

“Unnie,” Umji called.

Eunha turned her head toward Umji who’s been eyeing her curiously. “Yeah?”

“Unnie, what are you talking about with Sowon-unnie? Her face is red.”

Eunha laughed again. Umji looked at SinB who looked at Yerin. Yerin sighed. “Umji, I don’t think I want to know what she’s been saying to Sowon-unnie. And I think it’s for the best to not knowing what’s been said. Don’t worry, Sowon-unnie is fine, I think….” Pleasedon’taskanymore. Idontwanttoexplain.Thisisawkard.

To Yerin’s great relief, Umji decided to drop the topic.

--

Eunha swirled around the bedroom. A loud music was blasting from her phone’s speaker. Eunha danced and sang along the song. Eunha is supposed to clean the bedroom. But, instead of using the broom to sweep the floor, she used the broom as a substituted for a mic.

“When the snow comes down. When the whole world is filled with it. The flower blossoms covered in snow shine. Like you who shines.”

Sowon, who just got home from work, has been watching from the door, a small smile on her lips. Her girlfriend is just way too cute. Eunha wiggled her to the song’s melody. Then Eunha processed to grab her nick wilde’s doll from the bed and danced with it.

“Yeah girl. You should know that. That my heartbeats like. Huh Huh Huh Huh. From the bottom of my heart. I thank god I found you. Thump thump why is my heart out of breath yeah. Even if I endure it, I always keep thinking about you oh. You You I love you… and I know you love me too. The shout that you gave to me. You are my boo…” Eunha rapped.

Sowon chuckled to herself. Eunha heard her and turned to look at the door so fast, it made Sowon slightly worried she might hurt her neck. However, Eunha’s big grin when she saw her assured Sowon that she’s fine. Eunha put the doll back to her bed before she bounced happily toward Sowon.

“Welcome back, unnie,” she greeted. She touches Sowon’s face with both of her hands. “Your face is so cold!” Eunha rubbed Sowon’s face in an attempt to transfer the warmth from her hands.

“Not anymore,” Sowon said. She covers both of Eunha’s hands with her own. “With you, I am not feeling cold anymore,” Sowon continued. She leaned down to kiss Eunha’s forehead.

Eunha giggled. “Cheesy.”

Sowon winked. “But, it is true.”

Eunha shook her head. She offered her hand at Sowon. “Dance with me?”

Sowon nodded. She put her hand on Eunha’s outstretching hand. Eunha led her into the center of the bedroom.

“You It is like a dream. And you It is like a present. For you Even if I am in your arms, I always fear that I will be awakened from it like a dream,” Eunha sang again. Her eyes are twinkling. She tried to twirl Sowon around but she’s smaller than Sowon so it’s ended up as a half twirl. It made Sowon laughed.

“You You must hug me. And you You have to treasure me. For you I thank God that I became yours after a big determination.”

Sowon took Eunha’s hand and twirled her. After Sowon twirled her twice, Eunha wrapped her hands around Sowon’s neck while Sowon held her waist. Eunha found it endearing how Sowon’s hands never wander down to her , no matter how close they are, no matter how many chances they have, and no matter the situation they always stay there, at Eunha’s waist.

--

Sowon noticed Eunha’s smile got bigger and decided to ask. “Hm? Why are you smiling to yourself like that?”

“Because you are adorable, unnie.”

Sowon supposed that she’s already used to it, but still, every time Eunha unexpectedly praised her, Sowon flushed. Every time Eunha praised her, her heart flutter. But, in truth, Sowon doesn’t want to get used to it. She wanted to always feel it, to feel her heart flutter at everything Eunha does or saying, at everything about Eunha. Sowon looked down at Eunha with a small smile.

“And right now, who’s been smiling to herself?” Eunha asked.

“I can’t help it,“ Sowon answered.

“Huh?”

“Because you are making my heart flutter, Eunha.”

This time it’s Eunha’s turn to blush. Her reaction earned her amused chuckles from Sowon.

--

SinB was about to enter the room when her ears caught their conversation. So silly. Those two are so ‘freakin silly. SinB’s tsk-ing while she walked away from the room. Despite that, she has a fond smile on her face.

--

“Unnie…” Eunha called during the song’s bridge.

“Hmm?” Sowon asked.

“Do you remember the first time we danced like this?”

“Ah… if I remember correctly, it’s snowing too…”

--

That day, the snow fell for the first time. Eunha had been waiting at the lobby when she saw Sowon came out of the practice room. Sowon looked surprised for a moment before she walked toward her in hurried steps.

“Why are you still here?” Sowon questioned. She looked worried.

“My parents haven’t arrived yet,” Eunha replied. Eunha was going to look at the newest paper star from Sowon just minutes before Sowon appeared. She hurriedly put the paper star inside her bag.

“Is that so?” Sowon looked troubled for a moment. “Okay, I’ll wait with you then.”

“Huh? No no no, it’s okay…. I could wait by myself here. You should go home, it’s already so late.”

“That’s why, I will wait here with you until your parents come. It’s already late.”

“What-“ Eunha was about to protest when Sowon offered her hand at her.

“It’s okay, Eunbi. I heard today is the first day of snowing. So, while we wait, want to go outside to look at the snow?” Sowon asked. Her hand was still stretched at her.

Eunha slowly put her hand on Sowon’s outstretched hand. Sowon guided her out of the lobby, into the office’s terrace. Eunha felt kind of awkward. Her hand was still clasped on Sowon’s.

“You know, I dislike snow,” Sowon stated.

“Why?” Eunha asked.

“It is cold.” Sowon looked at her. “I am not good with cold.”

Eunha frown. “I don’t like it when it’s too cold either.”

“Is that so?” Sowon said. “Say, do you wanna dance with me?”

“Huh?”

“There is this song that I have been liked. Want to dance to this song with me? It might be good for killing time while waiting for your parents.”

Eunha nodded. “Okay.”

Eunha has been wondering what kind of song that they’ll dance to. Sowon sang quietly so that only Eunha could hear. Eunha pondered where she should place her hands when she recognized the song as IU’s Christmas song. In the end, she decided to place her hands around Sowon’s neck while Sowon placed her hands on Eunha’s waist.

“When the snow comes down. When the whole world is filled with it. The flower blossoms covered in snow shine,” Sowon looked anywhere but her. “Like you who shines,” Sowon looked into her eyes and smiled.

Something, somewhere inside her heart, Eunha could feel it throbbing. Eunha wondered briefly if it’s a good thing.

“Yeah girl. You should know that… That my heartbeats like… Huh Huh Huh Huh. From the bottom of my heart,” Sowon stared intently at her. She rapped the next line, “I thank god I found you. Thump thump why is my heart out of breath yeah. Even if I endure it, I always keep thinking about you oh. You You I love you. And I know you love me too. The shout that you gave to me. You are my boo.”

Eunha wasn’t really sure if her heartbeat was in a normal state. It’s going too fast to Eunha’s liking. To suppress her trembling heart and distract herself from Sowon’s gaze, Eunha sang the next line. “You It is like a dream. And you It is like a present, For you Even if I am in your arms, I always fear that I will be awakened from it like a dream,” Eunha peeked at Sowon and found her smiling. Sowon’s eyes though. Her eyes… something about Sowon’s eyes made her afraid.

Eunha was about to sing her next line when Sowon lifted Eunha’s body and made her stepped onto Sowon’s feet. “Huh-?”

“It is better this way… I think,” Sowon said. “Do you hate it?”

Eunha tried to answer because Sowon looked really really confuse but Eunha’s equally confused. “It’s okay. But…why? Because I am too short?” Eunha wanted to feel offended if her height is the-

“Because I want to be closer to you,” Sowon stated.

“Oh...o...okay…then…,” Eunha stuttered. Because somehow Sowon looked so cool like that. Eunha wasn’t even sure what’s so cool about her statement. “You You must hug me. And you You have to treasure me. For you I thank God that I became yours after a big determination,” Eunha continued to sing.

They sang and danced to several other songs until Eunha’s parents come.

Long after they parted ways. Until she’s about to sleep, Eunha still remembered the way Sowon looked at her. It wasn’t creepy or anything like that, but Eunha felt afraid yet strangely happy at the same time. Because, it’s the first time she ever saw that kind of gaze was directed at her. She recognized the gaze at the one her parents usually throw at each other. To see one directed at her, she wondered about the meaning behind Sowon’s gaze.

--

Eunha needed a long time before she understood what she’s been seeing on Sowon’s eyes. Sowon’s eyes held her deepest feeling toward Eunha, her promise, her heart. Eunha wasn’t able to answer to this feeling in the past. And it made Eunha felt like dying every time she realized she’s been hurting Sowon and unable to do anything about it. Yet, it is also the feeling that Eunha wanted to treasure for as long as she live. The feeling of being loved by Sowon.

“Hey,” Sowon called.

Eunha stopped her reflective thought. “Hey.”

“You Do you know that, And you Can you feel it. For you I want to be a girlfriend that you are proud of. You I want to give everything. And you I want to be kind,” Sowon sang, “For you I will be with you even until the next winter. When the snow comes down. When the whole world is filled with it. The flower blossoms covered in snow shine.

“Like you who shines. As I hold your hand, who I love I will walk on the first snow until the end of the road.” Sowon brought Eunha’s hand to her lips and kissed it. “With you.” Sowon’s held her gaze.

Eunha smiled. Happiness filled her heart. Because Sowon is here, with her. And, they are together. “Every day, I am happy because of you,“ Eunha sang, “Only you, who will have no one else other than me, my love.”

Their bodies sway along the rhythm of the music.

“Even I can’t believe that you are walking next to me as we hold hands together. I will kiss your cheek which is whiter than the snow Baby,” Sowon sang. She bent down to kiss Eunha’s cheek. “So that it will blush Baby.”

And blush, Eunha did.

“On the upcoming Christmas. On the day that I am anticipating,” Eunha sang, “I will be with you. I promise it for the whole day in advance.” Eunha caressed Sowon’s cheek. “Since I love you. As I hold your hand, who I love. I will walk on the first snow until the end of the road.” Eunha smiled. “With you.”

Their movement was slowing down. Eunha pulled Sowon closer to her.

“Girl you know I can’t even think without you in my life. Yeah Yeah I know that you know. That’s my baby,” both sang the last line.

They gazed into each other eyes, Eunha could feel regret seeping into her heart. And they’ll stay there for as long as she lived. Because, she’s been hurting Sowon in the past. And no matter what Sowon said to her, Eunha can’t—she won’t be able to forgive herself.

“It is okay, Eunha,” Sowon said.

Did I just say that out loud? “Huh-?” Eunha looked up, startled by the statement.

“It is okay. While love could fill your heart with happiness, yet at the same time, it could also fill you with sorrow,” Sowon said, “But, it is okay. Because that’s how love is. Love isn’t always filled with rainbow, sometimes there’s rain and storm too. However, rainbow always comes after it.”

Of course, Sowon will be like this. Sowon always reassures her again and again that it’s okay. But, it isn’t okay. Eunha has made a promise to never hurt her girlfriend anymore. And to try to do her best to make her happy. Just like how Sowon always makes her happy.

“I love you, Sojung-unnie,” Eunha said. Determination shone through her eyes.

Sowon smiled gently. “I love you too, Eunbi.”

Eunha tiptoed to kiss Sowon’s lips and about to pull back when Sowon cupped Eunha’s face, held her closer and refused to let go.

--

 

A/N : this one is supposedly for christmas ^^;; but, please enjoy!

ooh, and... do you know what song that's been feature here?