the things you feel

Pillow Talk

a/n :

italics = thoughts

brown = the past

 

 

 

A great gust of winds billowed across the road, carrying with it a tiny little dust and a faint fragrant of rain. It tickled Sowon’s nose and she sneezed. Slightly lightheaded and flustered at the sudden sneeze, she looked up to find Eunha has been staring at her with such an odd expression on her face. As if she’s staring at something not quite real while at the same time looked so soft.

“Um?” Sowon asked, feeling weird at the stare being directed at her.

But, Eunha just stared at her with a soft adoring expression on her face.

“What is it?” Sowon squirmed a little, feeling self-conscious at the stare.

Eunha bit her lip. “Ah nothing, I just thought that you have the cutest sneeze in the world,” she said.

Sowon blushed pink. “What are you saying? It’s just a sneeze.”

Eunha laughed. She leaned closer to Sowon, tiptoed, and whispered, “You know, way back. Like long time ago, when I haven’t confessed to you. You kept on doing all of these things, unnie. You still do those now actually. Your things, the sweet and cute things you did. And those things made me felt like my heart was going to burst out of my ribcage. And in turn, when that happened, I would try to hold your hand or just be as close as i could to you, because I wanted to suppress all these bubbling feelings for you.”

Sowon grinned, looking bashful and sheepish. She took Eunha’s hand and put it in her pocket. As she squeezed Eunha’s hand inside her pocket, Sowon was glad that she wore a coat with pockets today. She felt wonderful that Eunha also felt the same feeling she has felt for the younger girl. She smiled widely as they walked together to reach the restaurant where they’re going to have their dinner.

Eunha grinned, she leaned close to Sowon, in a conspiratorial tone, she whispered, “I have a secret.”

Sowon turned to her, one of her eyebrow rose, asking the silent question of ‘huh?’

Eunha shook her head. “I will tell you about it later.”

Sowon frown.

Eunha smiled. “When we’re at home, I will tell you about it.”

Sowon just shrugged her shoulder.

--

Yerin looked at the darkened room and at Sowon who’s just laid there on the bed with her eyes closed. She wondered why Sowon looked sad, because wasn’t Eunha has been talking to her last night? Aren’t they okay right now?

Yerin looked at her bed. She took one of her doll and brought it to Sowon’s bed.

“Unnie,” Yerin said, “Sowon-unnie.” Yerin put one of her doll on Sowon’s bed.

“Yerin.” Sowon acknowledge Yerin’s present.

“You are sad,” Yerin stated. She looked around the darkened room.

Sowon opened her eyes. She stared at the ceiling.

“Jibang could protect you, I will lend it to you.”

Sowon smiled. “You will lend me your precious Jibang?”

Yerin nodded. “You are more precious, unnie.” Words were on the tip of her tongue yet Yerin swallowed them back. ‘Unnie, if you wanted me to, I could capture all of the stars in the sky with my hands, if it could make you happy, I would and I could.’

Sowon sat up, she took the doll on her hand and looked at it.

“You could tell Jibang what you couldn’t tell anyone. Jibang will keep a secret.”

Sowon smiled. She looked at Yerin. She reached over to pat Yerin’s hand which has been placed on the bed. “I see. Thank you, Yerin.”

Yerin smiled. “Don’t sweat it, unnie.”

--

Sowon stared at the doll on her hand. Though the room was dark, she could still make a silhouette of the doll and the outlining of Yerin’s sleeping figure on her bed.

“You know,” Sowon said to the doll, “I know that I have been unreasonable. I just can’t help but feeling jealous. It’s ugly. This side of me is ugly. But, sometimes, when I see Eunha with her. It’s like I could see it, could see the fireworks lighting up Eunha’s eyes. And I could feel my heart dropped every time it happened.” Sowon gripped a little bit tighter at the doll in her hand. “It’s ugly and it’s selfish, I want her to look at me. Just—at me. While I know that she loves me, I am scared as well.”

By the time Yerin moved to hug her, Sowon was already crying. She wasn’t sure when did Yerin even move from her bed to hug her. Still, she didn’t protest when Yerin held her. “She kept telling me that she loves me. That she loves only me. It’s—I believe her—but, I am scared—I am scared—that someday she would get tired of assuring me about it. That someday she would get sick of hearing me being insecure like this. Some days, I just felt so lost. So lost. And I am just so afraid of losing her—“

Yerin just hold her tightly.

“I am afraid I wouldn’t be enough for her—“

--

Yerin’s heart choked at how sad Sowon’s words were. She wished she could take all of Sowon’s pain away.

“I want her to be happy,” Sowon sobbed, “And I wish I could be the one who could make her happy.”

Yerin held Sowon until Sowon calmed down. Once Sowon has stopped crying, Yerin wiped the remnants of Sowon’s tears away with her thumb. “Unnie…”

Sowon threw her a smile. “Thank you for hearing it. My feelings.”

“Sowon-unnie…”

Sowon patted her head. “It’s okay, Yerin.”

“She loves you. Eunha loves you a lot, unnie. She loves you the most. Even if she might be admiring someone else, you are still her number one.”

Sowon smiled at her.

Yerin looked into Sowon’s eyes. “She might get lost, but she will find her way to you again. She will always come home to you,” Yerin said.

Sowon pulled Yerin into a hug. “Ssh, why are you crying too? Don’t cry.” Sowon patted her back softly.

“Unnie, I am not crying—“

Sowon chuckled. “Your eyes wet. Your cheeks have tear stain on it.”

“But what I said is true, unnie.”

“Yeah.” Sowon continue to rub comforting pattern on Yerin’s back. “Yeah, I believe in you. Don’t cry because of me anymore.”

Yerin wasn’t replying. She just continued to hug Sowon. And hoping that Sowon’s fears wouldn’t become a reality in any way.

--

Sowon entered the room where Eunha shared with Yuju. She looked at the bed Yuju’s occupied and at the girl who’s fast asleep on it. Then she turned her attention to Eunha who’s lazily stretching on her bed. Sowon mulled a smile on her lips. She ruffled Eunha’s hair affectionately, electing a little purr from the younger girl.

“You are like a puppy, Eunha. An adorable puppy,” Sowon stated.

Eunha launched herself at Sowon, giggling. “Unnie! Why are you here?”

“Why? Can’t I visit my girlfriend’s room?”

“Nooo, I mean, it’s rare for you to come here. And I was going to visit your room after I finished stretching.” Eunha pulled at Sowon’s sleeve.

“Because I miss you,” Sowon replied, short and simple.

Eunha’s eyes soften at this. Eunha touched Sowon’s face gently. The was so tender as if Sowon was made from glass, as if she’s so precious. The was unflinching, kind, and sure. Warmth spread against Sowon's chest.

Sowon smiled, a soft and gentle one.

Both were looking at each other faces. Eunha stared at Sowon’s eyes to and back again. Their fingers intertwined together. Somehow, it made Sowon felt safe.

Their lips met in an unhurried and chaste kiss. And Sowon felt loved.

And just like this, by something so simple like this, Sowon was assured that Eunha got her, and she wouldn’t let her go.

 

 

 

 

a/n :

(´ ᴗ`✿)

thank you for reading and commenting till now <3