and we’re swimming like a lost fish in the sea

Pillow Talk

A/N :

italic = thought

'word' = text message

"word" = phone conversation

 

 

 

because sometimes,

while our moons are the same,

the place you occupied

it’s empty

because sometimes,

numbers are just numbers

until they define the distance between us

shall I swim across the sea

to close the gap between us

because I long

to wake up

with you

beside me

 

 

‘I am going to send you a video of my nephew tomorrow.’

Eunha contemplated her answer, she likes Sowon’s nephew but the one that she’s been missing was Sowon. So, in the end, she typed, ‘Instead of him, I miss seeing your face, more.’

Few seconds after she sent that, her phone rang. Eunha lazily got up from her bed to take the phone. Though her demeanor turned cheerful when she looked at the name flashed on the phone. “Hello?”

“Eunha?”

“Sowon-unnie,” Eunha greeted cheerfully.

“I miss you too, you know.” Sowon’s voice was soft. There were some rustling sounds from the phone, followed by the sound of a door being clicked shut.

“We are so silly, it’s just been a few days,” Eunha said. She leaned on the headboard.

“A few days yes. But, still.”

”Still, I miss you,” Eunha finished Sowon’s sentence.

“I could see the moon from my window.”

Eunha looked out of her window. The moon was shining beautifully. “We are looking at the same moon.”

“I want to ask you to go out with me.”

“We are already going out, aren’t we?” Eunha gasped. “Wait, or what we’ve doing all this time don’t count as going out??”

She heard Sowon’s laugh through the phone. “Of course we are already going out, ms. girlfriend.”

Eunha couldn’t stop her lips from smiling. “Glad to know that, ms. girlfriend.”

“My pleasure.”

“So, what do you want to ask before, ms. girlfriend?” the word girlfriend tasted nice on her lips.

“I want to ask you to go out with me tonight to stargaze.”

“Stargaze?” Eunha walked toward her window to stare out at the pitch black sky.

“But, I think it will be a waste.”

“Waste? Because there are no stars appearing tonight?”

“Because I will spend the night to stare at you instead of the stars.”

That line from Sowon made Eunha laughed out loud. “Unnie, what are you saying? That’s like really cheesy.”

Sowon laughed as well. “Ah, but it has some truth in it.”

“Hm?”

“That my eyes, they could only search for you. Even amongst the pitch black sky. Even amongst the brightest stars. I would find you. Only you.”

Eunha smiled though she realized that Sowon couldn’t see it. “I love you.”

“I love you.” and Eunha could imagine Sowon’s soft smile when she said that. It made her inside became warm as well.

And though they didn’t speak, the silence was comfortable.

“Do you like fish?” Sowon asked, breaking the silence.

“Fish? For food? I love it.”

Sowon laughed and though Eunha wasn’t sure what’s so funny about her answer, she still loved Sowon’s laugh.

“Not food. But, alive swimming fish. Do you like them?”

“Hm, I guess they are okay.”

“Let’s go on a date to an aquarium.”

“Ah, in that case, I love the alive swimming fish then.”

Sowon laughed. “That’s good to hear.”

“Maybe we should eat sashimi after that.”

Sowon laughed again, harder than before. “Uhuh, sure. Let’s eat sashimi after we see the fish swimming and being alive.”

The humor was kind of morbid but then again, Eunha could make Sowon laughed, so all was okay.

--

Eunha watched the fishes swam inside the large aquarium. Sowon was behind her, resting her chin on the top of Eunha’s head and half hugging her from behind.

“A penny for your thought?” Sowon asked.

“I think of drowning.”

“Drowning?”

“The fishes, they’re swimming but I wonder if they ever get lost their way. The sea is a large large place. But, they could swim, they wouldn’t be drowning.”

Sowon placed her other hand on Eunha’s tummy and lightly patted it. “And?”

“And then there’s us, human. The world, like the sea, is very large. Huge, wide, unknown. We walked on in like the fish swam in the sea. But, unlike fish, we could drown when we get lost.”

“Are you afraid?”

Eunha shook her head. “Not really.” She turned her face slightly so that she could catch Sowon’s eyes. “Because I know, if ever I drown, if ever I get lost, or losing my breathe, I know that—I hope that—ah, no…I know that there’s one who will stay with me. Someone who will help me breathe even when I myself couldn’t.”

Sowon smiled.

“And I hope I could be that person anchor,” Eunha added.

Sowon lightly pecked Eunha’s cheek.

“Because sometimes, that person looked like she’s going to float away from the wind. So, I hope I could hold her hand and anchor her to my side. Like how she has always guided me home.” Eunha squeezed Sowon’s hand on her stomach. “I love you, stay with me, Sojung-unnie.”

Sowon was turning Eunha’s body so that they’re face to face. “Do you know? The stories I told to the sky? I bet the sky must have been bored of listening to me talk about you. About how much I adore you. About how much I love you. About you.” Sowon gaze was warm. “The amounts of talks are so much that it’s practically become uncountable.”

“Unnie…”

“You are the destination I want to reach. The one I want to come back to. You are never temporary. You are my end in lots of ways, Eunbi.”

Eunha buried herself in Sowon’s as the latter was enveloping her in a hug. “I love you.” the words came muffled because Eunha was saying it against Sowon’s clothes.

“I love you more than you ever know,” Sowon whispered.

--

“Unnie, ditch them and go to the arcade with me,” SinB said while pulling Yerin’s hand toward her.

Yerin looked at SinB. “But—“

“You like zoo more than aquarium anyway. Stay with me,” SinB said firmly.

Yerin scratched her head, seemingly contemplating SinB’s words.

“Come on, go with me instead. I will treat you some ice cream.”

“Alright. Deal,” Yerin agreed.

SinB grinned.

“You are cute, SinB.” With that said, Yerin pulled SinB into a tight hug while the younger girl weakly flail her arms in protest.

--

As SinB watched Yerin played with the claw machine, she wondered about what’s going on Yerin’s mind. About what’s swirling inside her mind. About what’s blooming inside her heart. But, then again, SinB was also afraid to find out. Because what if she couldn’t find her name there?

Yerin turned to her, a doll in her hand. With a huge smile, she gave the doll to SinB.

SinB thanked Yerin with a smile. But, apparently it sparked something inside of Yerin because suddenly the older girl was playing with the machine again. When SinB asked why. Yerin’s simple answer made her blush.

“To show off,” Yerin answered. She turned to SinB. “To show off to you, the cutest girl on earth who’s going on a date with me.”

“Aren’t you a sweet talker, unnie?”

“You love me,” Yerin replied sweetly.

And just like that, SinB’s heart was full. She's still be afraid but, it’s good enough for them now. For being together like this. Because in the end, even if the fish was getting lost in the vast sea, they would eventually find their way home. Like how Yerin and her. Someday, they would find the way to each other. And when that happen, they would stay.

They might still get lost but at least they would be getting lost together.

Together.

--

 

 

a/n:  。◕‿◕。 

hi, did i surprise you with this update?

i have said let's meet some more in december, right? so, let's meet more often <3

enjoy and thank you for reading and commenting~