Dramas

Pillow Talk

A/N :

italic = thought

 

 

“Why, do you think the reason for the female lead to fall for the jerk instead for the kinder one?” Umji asked SinB. “Like, almost in every drama, they always fall with the one who behaved like an a*s most of the time?”

SinB shrugged her shoulder. She kept on munching her popcorn.

“I mean, there’s another male lead that actually isn’t a jerk? Who actually treat the female lead nicely since the beginning? Why would she fall for the guy who’s been treating her like dirt?” Umji continued her rant.

“Because it’s interesting?” SinB said.

“Interesting?”

“You see, the female lead and the male lead are always fighting, right? It would make for a good romance comedy. I mean, like that guy is a tsundere, that’s why he fights the female lead on everything.”

“He is still a jerk. You could tease your love interest without being mean about it, you know?”

SinB kept on munching the popcorn. “It is only a drama, Umji. We are only watching drama….”

Umji snatched the popcorn from SinB’s clutch. “It is unrealistic. It paints that kind of relationship as ideal. It doesn’t. It’s borderline abusive, you know? It sends a message to the viewer that it’s okay to treat your love interest like trash just because you loved them. Like, yeah right… I want to be treated like a piece of trash by the guy who act all mighty and stuffs… got the message totally across, he’s being mean because he ‘loved’ me…” Umji ranted, “That’s a total bull…”

Not good. Umji is being too hyped up at these stuffs. We are only watching dramas?! How could it become like this...?!

SinB tried to take her popcorn back, but Umji was faster. She put it out of SinB’s reach. SinB sighed.

“You shouldn’t sigh like that, your happiness is going away,” Umji said.

Yeah, my happiness is going away… my popcorn is going away… my poor poor popcorn…

“And, you shouldn’t swear, Umji. Sowon-unnie is going to have a heart attack if she heard you swear…” SinB still tried to take her popcorn back. “What do you even know about what kind of ideal relationship is like? You haven’t even been in love before... wait…” SinB paused. She looked at Umji. “Don’t tell me that you have been in love or currently in love right now…? That’s why you are being fussy right now?”

Umji smacked SinB’s back. “NO, I haven’t been in love before or being in love right now. But, that doesn’t mean I am blind.”

“Ow… you don’t have to hit me…” SinB pouted. “Okay, then tell me what kind of ideal relationship is like?”

Umji pondered for a moment. While she’s distracted, SinB reached for her popcorn bowl. SinB was about to eat when Umji turned to her sharply. SinB almost choked. “Wha-what?”

“I think it’s like that,” Umji pointed at the laundry room.

SinB looked at the way Umji has pointed. She frowned when she saw that it’s only Sowon and Eunha there. Being their silly self while folding the clothes. “It’s only them…”

“Yeah, them… I think… maybe their relationship is not the most ideal or anything but at least theirs looked like a healthy relationship?”

“How are you so sure?” Umji is idolizing Sowon-unnie way too much…

“They looked like they respect each other. And they always try—no they are actually always making sure that their feeling reach each other without being mean about it. Don’t you think that their relationship is healthy?”

“They are overly cheesy… I mean what with their amount of PDA? And, who know, their relationship might have not been entirely healthy?”

“Why-“ Umji was about to ask when Yerin appeared in front of them.

“What are you two getting heated at?” Yerin asked.

“Oh, what is it? Did the maknaes fight?” Eunha walked toward them. Clean laundry on both hands.

“We aren’t fighting, unnie,” Umji said.

“We are discussing stuffs,” SinB said. Stuffs like your relationship with Sowon-unnie. But, I can’t just say it, can I?

“Ah? What kind of stuffs?” Yerin asked.

Eunha walked to their bedroom. “Wait, I will put it first. I want to hear what kind of discussion you two had to be all riled up like that.”

When Eunha was out of sight, SinB turned to Yerin. “Hey, unnie?”

--

“Yeah?” Yerin answered.

“Do you think those two ever fight before?” SinB asked, “And by fight, I mean the kind of serious fight.”

Umji turned to look at Yerin too.

Yerin raised her eyebrow. “I think they had. Even though that wasn’t really a fight, it’s more like some kind of misunderstanding?” I have seen and heard both of them cried tho.

“See.” SinB turned to Umji. “Isn’t as ideal as you thought. They did fight too.”

“Yerin-unnie said that they have some misunderstanding, they weren’t fighting,” Umji refuted.

“Misunderstanding… could lead into fight,” SinB said again.

“Actually they solved their misunderstanding by talking to each other. They didn’t fight, for as long as I remember,” Yerin said, “Huh, that’s weird…”

--

“What’s weird?” Eunha has come back from putting the laundry.

“Haven’t you fought with Sowon-unnie, Eunha?” Yerin asked.

Eunha titled her head. “I think we never fight seriously with each other? There’re times when we become jealous of each other and there’re also times we were sulking. We did tease each other a lot too. But, I don’t think that count as a fight.”

“Oh wow… it’s weird because I thought you must have been fighting at least once,” Yerin said. “Then you could have an angry make out session after that.” Yerin winked at Eunha.

“WHAT?!” SinB yelled at Yerin. “Unnie, you are behaving like a ert.”

“Sounds interesting,” Eunha said, “But, I will pass. I don’t want to have any serious fight with her.” Because we might end up hurting each other way too deep… instead of angry make-out session, it will be filled with guilt and pain instead. Nah… Sowon-unnie is far too precious for that kind of pain. Just imagining her hurting face… ah, I don’t want to see it. Besides, even if we aren’t fighting, occasionally we did hurt each other without meaning to.

--

Umji looked at Eunha. She noticed that Eunha has a faraway look on her eyes. She decided to change the topic, besides she’s curios about some things.

“Eunha-unnie,” she called.

“Huh?” Eunha asked. Her eyes focused back at Umji.

“Who’s been confessing first between the two of you?” Umji asked.

“It’s Sowon-unnie,” Eunha said.

Umji smiled knowingly. She has predicted the answer.

“Even before she officially said ‘I love you’, even before she said those three words, I could hear her confession already.”

“What do you mean?” SinB asked.

“I heard it when she said that I was her favorite. When she asked ‘are you okay?’ When she asked me ‘can I hold your hand?’ Or when she said ‘here, my sweater, take it. it’s cold outside.’ When she cooked for me. When she heard me, like really really heard me. When she hugged me.

“When she said ‘come, I’ll walk you home’” Eunha smiled. “When she told me that she had a dream about me. When she said ‘I think you are beautiful, Eunha.’” Eunha closed her eyes. “Or when she made sure that I am using the seatbelt. When she told me that she believed in me.” Eunha opened her eyes. Her eyes were twinkling. “When she said ‘I’ll still be here when you are ready.’ Loud and clear, I could hear her ‘I love you’ even when she doesn’t say it.”

Umji smiled at how her Eunha-unnie looked like. She looked happy. Really really happy. There’re still some things that Umji wanted to ask.

“Eunha-unnie, can I ask you more questions?” Umji asked.

Eunha nodded. “Sure, ask away.”

“What kind of things that make you fall in love with Sowon-unnie?”

“There are a lot of things. How do I start it?” Eunha frowned. “I fall in love with Sowon-unnie’s smile. The way her eyes crinkled, the way curved. I fall in love with the way she laughed,” Eunha said, “I fall in love with the way she worried for people around her. The way she tried to protect everyone. I fall with the way her eyes lit up in wonder when she discovered something amazing.

“I fall with the hardworking girl who always tried to do her best in school and her work while still doing things that she loves. I fall with the kind leader who has a heart of tofu while at the same time as hard as a glass. With the girl who refused to cry because she wanted to be strong.” Eunha shared a look with Yerin.

“I fall in love with the way she loves everything around her. I fall in love with her. With her everything,” Eunha continued, “So if you asked me what kind of things that make me fall in love with her, I think it will take me all day long. Because, there are so so so much things. That girl is one in a kind, you know?”

“Yeah… yeah, we got it. You love her.” SinB said nonchalantly. “If she’s one of a kind, you are one of a kind too, because she loves you.”

Eunha smiled.

And Umji thought that she’s glad that their life wasn’t some kind of drama. Because, if there’s one thing that she could take from the dramas she’s been watching, someone will definitely come to steal Eunha-unnie away from them, from Sowon-unnie. Sowon-unnie was like the token good guy, as in the second male lead, in dramas. And the good guy rarely got the girl.

“Don’t you think that Eunha has gotten even cuter than before? She has gotten more beautiful too…” Yerin blurted out.

--

SinB sighed. Eunha-unnie wouldn’t shut up once Umji asked her about Sowon-unnie. keeps on talking since then.

SinB sighed again.

“I fall with the hardworking girl who always tried to do her best in school and her work while still doing things that she loves. I fall with the kind leader who has a heart of tofu while at the same time as hard as a glass. With the girl who refused to cry because she wanted to be strong.” Eunha shared a look with Yerin.

SinB noticed the exchange. The girl who refused to cry because she wanted to be strong, huh? And, the girl who wanted to wipe those tears away, regardless if it’s falling or not. That Sowon-unnie and Eunha-unnie.

SinB looked at Yerin. And here is the girl who refused to cry because people bashed her for crying too much. Yerin-unnie actually looked funny when she cried. But, everyone looked like that when they cried. With puffy, blotched, red eyes. Everyone looked like that when they cried.

SinB slipped her hand through Yerin’s. She squeezed it. I wonder what kind of faces those people make when they cried. I bet it looked downright ugly, compared than how Yerin-unnie looked like.

SinB felt that Yerin has squeezed her hand back. SinB smiled to herself. She focused her attention back to Eunha who’s still talking.

Sowon-unnie is really one of a kind. In that case…

“Yeah… yeah, we got it. You love her.” SinB said nonchalantly. “If she’s one of a kind, you are one of a kind too, because she loves you.”

Eunha smiled.

--

The moment Eunha shared her look with her. Yerin knew what Eunha meant. Because, she’s there when Sowon was crying her heart out. She’s there when Eunha whispering words of encouragement to Sowon. Yerin was also there when Eunha cried and Sowon kept on telling her that Eunha was, is, worth of her love.

Yerin wanted to sigh. Because, Sowon needed to know that she’s equally worthy for Eunha’s love.

Yerin felt SinB’s hand squeezed hers. She turned to SinB questioningly. But, it didn’t seem like she’ll get any explanation, so she squeezed SinB’s hand as well. She noticed a small smile bloomed on SinB’s face. It made Yerin has a small smile of her own.

“I fall in love with the way she loves everything around her. I fall in love with her. With her everything,” Eunha continued, “So if you asked me what kind of things that make me fall in love with her, I think it will take me all day long. Because, there are so so so much things. That girl is one in a kind, you know?”

“Yeah… yeah, we got it. You love her.” SinB said nonchalantly. “If she’s one of a kind, you are one of a kind too, because she loves you.”

Eunha smiled.

“Don’t you think that Eunha has gotten even cuter than before? She has gotten more beautiful too…” Yerin blurted out.

There’s a saying that stated that you are going to be even more beautiful when you are in love. And, this girl in front of them is a girl in love. So…of course she’s gotten even more beautiful than before. It’s the same with Sowon-unnie actually. She is shining so bright, it’s almost blinding.

And talking about that, isn’t SinB getting even prettier than before? Same goes for Umji… Just don’t tell me that—nope. I am not going down that road of thinking.

--

“Oh, what are you going to do for Valentine’s Day, unnie?” Umji asked, “Are you going somewhere with Sowon-unnie?”

Before Eunha manged to answer, SinB beat her to it. “They don’t need to celebrate it. Every day already felt like Valentine’s day for them.”

Eunha winked.

She’s definitely planning something. Oh well, as long as it doesn’t interfere with our sleeping time. Yerin still a bit apprehensive about it though, because she got a feeling that whatever Eunha has planned, it will definitely interfere with their her sleeping time.

Eunha looked like she understood what Yerin thought because she winked again at her. I am doomed. That an exaggeration. It’s still troublesome.

--

Sowon was doing her homework. Sowon wanted to rephrase it to try to do her homework because Eunha was being a distraction. Eunha was actually only playing game on her phone on the bed but Sowon can’t help but stole glances at her. Eunha just looked so so serious and so into her game. And Sowon found it adorable, how Eunha pouted or puffed her cheeks, how Eunha laughed evilly at times, Sowon assumed it’s when she won something from the game.

Focus. You have to do your homework, Sojung. Sowon kept on repeating that inside her head. Because, she could just spend all night only watching Eunha, judging by how easy her eyes seemed to go back to Eunha.

--

“Eunha…” Sowon called.

Eunha only ‘hm…’ in response.

Sowon closed her books. She walked toward Eunha. “Eunha,” Sowon called again.

Eunha replied with another hum.

“Eunha, would you-“ Sowon stopped mid-sentence.

Eunha finally looked up from her game. The moment her eyes left the phone screen, Sowon sneaked a kiss on her lips. “Eunha, would you stop being so cute? You are distracting me,” Sowon sneaked another kiss.

“Wha—“ Eunha’s gripped on her phone get loose. “Unnie, you know that I am always cute, I am born with it.”

“I know that,” Sowon said. She doesn’t stopped getting even closer to Eunha.

Eunha’s felt like she can’t breathe. Her hearts were pounding, thumpthumpthum. She felt blood rushed to her cheek. They looked into each other eyes. Until she saw Sowon’s smirking. The next thing she knew, Sowon was running her nose along Eunha’s jawline. Occasionally, she nibbled on Eunha’s earlobe.

It’s tickled. And Eunha kept on giggling and blushing because of it. She turned her head away, unknowingly giving more access to Sowon. Sowon on the other hand, kept on leaning closer, closer, and closer to Eunha. Eunha, for her part, can’t stay still. She moved around until both of them fall over from the bed. With her on top of Sowon.

After a few seconds, they both ended up giggling at their predicament. Then, Sowon slide her hand to the back of Eunha’s neck, and pulled Eunha closer to her. Slowly, Eunha’s lips get closer to Sowon’s. Until their lips met for a slow, intimate kiss.

It took them a few more kisses before they run out of breath. Eunha leaned her forehead on Sowon’s. “What about your homework, unnie?” she whispered, voice hoarse from the kiss.

“It’s done. I want to finish it as soon as can so that I could spend more time with you. You really are too distracting, Eunha.”

Eunha giggled. “You love me for distracting you.”

Sowon didn’t answer, instead, she pulled Eunha for another kiss. And another one. And another one. Eunha’s phone laid forgotten on the bed. Her game didn’t even cross her mind, it’s too full of Sowon to be able to think about anything else.

--

“Your back is going to hurt come morning, Sowon-unnie. If you continue to sleep on the floor. And by the rate things are going, both of you will really end up sleeping there,” Yerin said.

She closed the door. Sowon looked at her when Yerin was about to climb to her bunk. Yerin looked at her. “Yes, unnie?”

“Have you finish take a bath? Are you going to sleep now?” Sowon asked while Eunha was helping her to get off the floor.

“Yeah, I have finished taking a bath and I want to sleep now. Why, unnie?” Yerin asked.

“Ah, alright then. I will turn off the lamp then,” Sowon said.

Eunha looked at Yerin’s confused expression. “Yerin-unnie, you once asked Sowon-unnie to wait for you to finish bathing and come to sleep before she turned off the lamp.”

“Ah!” Yerin was touched by how Sowon remembered such simple things. “Aww, Sowon-unnie,” Yerin gushed. She walked toward Sowon to hug her. And hugged her she did. Sowon laughed at her.

When she attempted to kiss Sowon, Eunha pulled her aside. “Nah, hands off her, unnie. She’s mine. Hugging is okay. Kissing isn’t,” Eunha glared at Yerin.

Yerin only shrugged at that with a small laugh.

--

When morning come, Sowon woke up to an empty bed. She’s about to search for Eunha when said girl entered the bedroom with a tray of food.

“Unnie, stay there. I will come to you, wait,” Eunha said as soon as she saw Sowon’s position. Slowly, she placed the tray on Sowon’s lap. “Wait, I will bring the small table first,” she said again. She come back with a small table.

Sowon lifted the tray and placed it on the table. “So, what is it?”

Eunha beamed at Sowon. “It is Valentine’s day, unnie! I was failed to do this on your birthday, but, I am making sure that I won’t fail this time.” Eunha grinned at Sowon.

Sowon smiled. “Alright, let’s eat it together, Eunha.”

Eunha nodded happily.

--

“I am hungry, too…” Yerin said from the upper bunk.

“There’re more on the kitchen, Yerin-unnie. There’re enough for all of us, I think,” Eunha replied.

“Really?! Yay!” Yerin climbed down the bed excitedly. She run to the kitchen, before she disappear, she run the pair.

“Yes, Yerin?” Sowon asked.

Yerin leaned down to kiss both Sowon and Eunha’s cheek. “Happy Valentine’s day!” and she run out of the room. Leaving the stunned Sowon and Eunha.

“Sheesh, that unnie,” Eunha grumbled.

Sowon laughed. She lifted Eunha’s chin. “Good morning, Eunbi.” She kissed Eunha’s forehead. “Thank you.”

Eunha’s pout changed into a smile. “Good morning, Sojung-unnie. And, I have a little secret that I want to tell you,” she said.

So, Sowon leaned down and Eunha leaned into Sowon’s ear. She whispered, “My little secret is, I love you a lot, unnie.”

Sowon smiled. She pulled Eunha into a tight hug. “You are really really too cute,” Sowon gushed. She squeezed Eunha even tighter.

Eunha laughed. Because, really the adorable one was her girlfriend.

--

 

A/N : don't you ever fell frustated watching dramas sometimes? anyway, please enjoy~ and thank you for taking some time reading and commenting :D