just like maple leaves gently falling

Pillow Talk

It’s late night when Sowon woke up from her slumber with a cough. Then she coughed again. And soon she launched into a coughing fit. Eunha, who slept beside her, sat up on the bed. She reached for the glass of water on the bedside table and handed it at Sowon, who took it gratefully and gingerly took a gulp of water.

"Thank you," Sowon rasped after the cough subsided.

Eunha nodded. She eyed Sowon’s flush face. Eunha’s eyebrows furrowed, she pressed the back of her hand against Sowon's forehead. "You’re heating up.”

“I'm fine,” Sowon rasped into a tired grin.

Eunha bit her lip, because of course. Of course Sowon would say something like that, even when she's about to catch a cold. But, Eunha needed to know. She needed to know what’s bothering Sowon, so she could help her feel better.

“Unnie, are you dizzy? Are you nauseous? Is your throat in pain?“ Eunha asked rapidly.

Instead of answering, Sowon just looked amused.

Eunha grew more agitated. “Unnie!”

Sowon smiled. “Eunha, I’m fine. Really. I am just heating up because I’m smitten by your presence.”

Despite herself, Eunha’s cheeks were dusted pink. Really, this unnie. Even when she’s sick, she’s still like this.

Sowon poked Eunha’s cheek. “Don’t worry, it’s nothing sleep couldn’t help. I will sleep it off, then tomorrow morning I will be just peachy.”

Eunha stared at Sowon. Her brows were furrowed. Sowon put her fingers in between Eunha’s brows and massages Eunha’s brows softly. “Why are you frowning?”

Sowon was looking at her like she’s so precious. Even when she’s sick, Sowon was still concerned about her. It touched Eunha’s heart. So, Eunha couldn’t help it. She kissed Sowon’s lips.

"Now you're going to get a cold as well," Sowon said after their lips parted.

"You said you're fine and just smitten by my presence, not that you're having a cold," Eunha pointed out.

Sowon shook her head, the corner of tugged upward.

 

"Would you two get a room already?" Yerin grumbled from another bed.

"Oh, but we're already in a room, Yerin," Sowon replied calmly.

"SO. You realize that it's my room as well? It means that you know, it's totally. Totally the wrong place and time to flirt, right? Because it's like," Yerin paused to stare at the alarm clock, "It's three in the morning!" Yerin fired her complain rapidly.

Sowon's laughter was the only answer she got.

 

--

 

Sowon felt a tug at her sleeve. She looked at Eunha. “Hn?”

“Are you okay?" Eunha asked softly.

And then Sowon smiled. She tangled Eunha's fingers with hers. "Yes, Eunha. I am okay. Like I have said before, I am just so smitten with you, that's why." She finished with a slightly tired but kind smile.

And Eunha found herself to have difficulty breathing. And with such a gentle look in her eyes, Sowon kissed her.

And Eunha kissed Sowon back. Sowon held onto Eunha tightly, as if Eunha was the most important in her life. And Eunha's heart was pounding. In happiness. In love.

Eunha gaze at Sowon, a bit hazy from the kiss. Aa small smile on her face. And at the adoring look on Sowon's face, Eunha broke into a helpless grin. The kind of grin you had on your face when you just couldn't help it. The kind of grin you have when you're in love and looking at the person you're in love with.

“If you said that you are okay then I am glad, unnie.”

Sowon smiled. “But, a little hug might help me getting better soon.”

Eunha giggled. She laid on the bed and opened her arms for Sowon. So, Sowon snuggled into Eunha’s embrace. Eunha run her fingers through Sowon’s long hair.

“It’s almost autumn.” Sowon looked up. “And the maple leaves are falling.” Sowon turned to the window.

“Huh?” Eunha blinked. A bit thrown away by a random statement from Sowon.

Sowon hooked their fingers together. “And just like maple leaves gently falling, my heart is falling for you, Eunbi,” Sowon stated softly. Eunha could only see herself being reflected from Sowon’s clear eyes.

Looking at Sowon who’s staring at her like that. All puppy eyes and only at her. Eunha felt like Sowon was too much. And hers. Hers, only. “Unnie, you are too adorable, I am just a weak human,” Eunha sighed. She squished both of Sowon’s cheeks with her palms.

Through her squished cheeks, Sowon managed to say, “You are my human. And I, yours. So we can be weak together.”

Really Sowon’s being too much and Eunha’s just a weak human. And such Eunha wanted to just kiss her. Before she managed to do that though,

 

"Didn't I say that you are rooming with ME? And didn't I say it's already three in the morning?!" Yerin groaned, “And I know that Sowon-unnie is adorable and everything’s good in the world but—“ Yerin took a deep breath. "It’s three in the morning my dear dear friends!”

 

--

 

 

and just like the maple leaves gently falling,   

my heart, too, is falling for you,

your eyes are bright,

and your feelings are clear,

your warmth seep into the bone,

and just like the fast approaching autumn,

my love for you,

it eclipse the time,

for it wouldn’t end in winter

and just like the maple leaves gently falling,   

my heart, too, is falling for you

 

 

 

 

a/n :

it's almost autumn 

i hope this season will treat you all well ✿

thank you for reading and telling me what you of it! (◕◡◕✿)