midnight pancake pretty you

Pillow Talk

A/N :

italic = thought

 

 

They were lining up to buy an ice cream with Sowon stood at the end of the line while Umji stood in front of her and Eunha stood in front of Umji with SinB stood in the front with Yerin. Eunha turned around and caught Umji who’s smiling cutely at her. Eunha smiled back, pulled Umji with her to the front while gushed about how cute Umji is. Really, their maknae has grown even cuter and cuter as days passed.

Eunha felt a prickling gaze on the back of her head. So, she turned around to see Sowon stood there with an unreadable expression on her face. Strangely feeling guilty, Eunha squeaked out, “Unnie is cute too…”

Sowon just raised her eyebrow then she snorted while crossing her arms. “Yeah, of course I am.”

Eunha was getting even more restless than before. “No, unnie is very cute. Very beautiful—“

“Yeah, yeah…” Sowon said uninterestedly, “The line has started to move, you better start to walk to, Eunha.”

Eunha turned to the front, cold sweats on her back, she started to move along the line.

“Shush, no lover quarrel here, we are on public place, Sowon-unnie, Eunha-unnie,” Umji said.

Eunha blushed but kept shut. Sowon didn’t say anything as well, but Eunha was sure that Sowon has an incredulous expression on her face right now.

“Sowon-unnie, don’t pout,” Sinb said, “You are an elder. It’s unsightly.”

“Yah!” Sowon clicked her tongue in annoyance.

Eunha wasn’t sure what she should do to. Sometimes, Sowon has a jealously strikes, sometimes she acted cool but sometimes, she acted all pouty. Eunha found it adorable because it meant that Sowon was afraid of losing her. A little bit of jealously is nice.

--

Eunha frown at the scene in front of her. Jealousy wasn’t so nice if she’s the one feeling it, she concluded.

“Sowon-unnie,” Eunha called, hoping to get Sowon to notice her.

But, the latter wasn’t paying her any attention, instead she’s paying her whole attention at Yerin. They’re whispering words that Eunha couldn’t hear. And they laughed at something that Eunha couldn’t get.

She knew that Sowon wouldn’t cheat on her. And she’s sure that Sowon knew that Eunha wouldn’t cheat on her either. Yet, sometimes, they still couldn’t help but to be jealous of each other.

--

“How are you doing lately?” Sowon asked Yerin who’s on her arms. Yes, she knew that Eunha was calling her but she chose to ignore it in favor of asking questions to Yerin.

“If what you mean with that is whether the butterflies I had for you have died, then the answer would be something like—um, on progress?” Yerin replied, “Not all of them has died, some still fly around in my veins because of you…”

“But?” Sowon caught Yerin’s eyes.

Yerin placed her hands on either of Sowon’s side. “But, some of them are flying around because of someone else as well.”

Sowon searched for the truth in Yerin’s eyes. “That’s good to hear. Really good.”

Yerin’s eyes turned into crescent shape when she smiled at the relief on Sowon’s voice. “That’s why, don’t worry about me anymore.”

“Nah, no can do. I will still worry about you. It’s something I do,” Sowon said, “Ah, is that why you are getting even more beautiful as days passed? Because you have started to fall?”

--

Yerin blushed at the question, it’s unexpectedly making her heart flutter at the compliment hidden in the questions. Still, it’s an unwanted feeling. Yerin imagined herself to be squashing the wings of the butterflies which has started to fly inside her.

“Unnie, please.” Yerin scrunched her nose.

Sowon chuckled. “This time, that person will surely catch you, Yerin. She likes flying anyway, and she doesn’t mind to fall even from the sky. So, she will definitely catch you.” Sowon patted Yerin’s back. “And if she couldn’t, she would fall along with you,” Sowon said truthfully.

Yerin smiled. “I wonder about that.” You are so close. So close.

Sowon hugged her. “Don’t wonder about it. When you realize it, you would be already fall for her.”

Yet, no matter how—I couldn’t reach you. And it’ll be okay. This time, it’ll be okay.

Yerin smiled. “Your girlfriend is going to kill me soon,” Yerin whispered.

Sowon laughed.

Because if it’s never going to be okay, I am afraid that they would find out about my heart. And the cute bunny is going to kill me.

Yerin noticed that SinB was looking her way, so she winked. And SinB blushed a pretty shade of pink but, she didn’t look away from Yerin. Yerin felt the tips of her hair, at the shorter end of her hair.

Yeah, it’ll definitely be okay.

--

SinB gazed at Yerin who was in the middle of getting her make up done. She has been caught staring at the older girl a few times today. She couldn’t help it though. If she wanted to blame something, it would be her eyes because it seemed like they have always searched for Yerin.

And right now, she got caught again. Yerin was staring at her from the mirror. SinB blushed again. She needed to stop that, to stop blushing whenever Yerin was near her. Or looking at her. Or talking to her. Or at anything Yerin.

“My haircut, am I looking okay with it?” Yerin asked while playing with her hair.

SinB blinked. “Huh? You are looking good with it, unnie.” You look more than good. Don’t you know that you are the most beautiful person for me?

Yerin grinned from ear to ear. SinB couldn’t stop herself from blurting out, “Pretty, wow.”

Yerin blushed. “Ahm, um…thanks.”

SinB blushed as well when she realized what she has said. “No—um—it’s the truth. Unnie is beautiful—um, so no need to thank me—um—“

--

It’s a nightmare which has woken Eunha up. Her heart was pounding from fear. She blinked a few time to adjust her eyes to the darkness of the room. She patted the side beside her. It’s empty. Eunha opened her eyes wide, pinched herself to make sure that she’s awake, then she patted the space beside her. She frowned upon finding it to be really empty.

Eunha yawned, stretched her limbs, and then walked out of the bedroom in her quest to find the other occupant of her bed.

The living room was empty, so was the balcony. Frowning still, she walked toward the bathroom. Empty as well. Fear has started to creep inside her heart. Her feet brought her to the kitchen. She heaved a relived sighed when she found Sowon there.

“Unnie,” she called softly.

Sowon gasped in surprised. The glass in her hand was almost slipped onto the ground. “Eunha, you surprised me!”

Eunha smirked. “Well, I am glad.”

Sowon just sighed then processed to put the glass down on the counter. Eunha walked toward the taller girl and hugged her. “You are gone.”

Sowon patted her back softly. “I am here.”

“Don’t disappear.”

“I won’t.” Sowon patted her head. “What brought this up? Hm?”

Eunha sobbed into Sowon’s chest. “Nightmare.”

“Nightmare?”

Eunha nodded. “In that nightmare, we’re together. We talked, went for a walk to a park, then we took some pictures together. But, you—your figure didn’t appear on any of the photos we took.”

Sowon hummed.

“But, we’re acting as if that didn’t matter. So, we walked around together again and ended up at this swing. We talked some more, but the conversation was very sad. Because you have died and all along I was going on a date with a ghost—ghost of you.” Eunha clenched Sowon’s shirt. “And as we kissed, you were crying. And my heart broke. It broke even more when I reached to wipe your tears away but I couldn’t touch you.”

Sowon was holding her tightly.

“I couldn’t touch you because you are starting to fade away. And you are crying while apologizing at me. And you kept telling me that you love me. And—and I kept trying to hold you but it’s in vain. You still disappear—and then flashes of funeral and dark places—and then I woke up and you weren’t there.”

“Shh…it’s okay. It’s okay, it’s just a bad dream. I am here,” Sowon said calmly, “I am here. You are here. We are together. Everything is fine.”

“It felt real—the dream—the helplessness—the pain—I’m—“ Eunha sobbed, “I don’t want to lose you.”

Sowon was tightening her hug. “You wouldn’t lose me.”

“Promise?” Eunha looked up at Sowon through teary eyes.

Sowon smiled. “I promise.” The moonlight entered the otherwise dark kitchen, illuminated both of them, Eunha’s tearstained face and Sowon’s gentle smile. “Look, there are stars outside. It’s a promise under the stars.”

Eunha linked their pinkies together. And they stayed in each other embrace in the quiet night. After Eunha calmed down, Sowon still held her close.

“Want to eat pancake?” Eunha asked.

Sowon nodded. “Sure.”

They shared a grin.

--

Instead of properly cooking, they were playing with flours, giggling at everything and in the end, both of them giving up when the pancake turned out to be charcoal black.

Eunha looked at Sowon, with her flour stained face and body, her messy hairs, and her smile, and Eunha just have to tell Sowon about it. So, she called Sowon, “Unnie.”

“Hm?”

“You are beautiful.”

Sowon looked bashful. “What are you saying? It’s early morning, I am dirty with flour and my hair is messy—“

Eunha cut Sowon’s words with a soft kiss. “You are making my heart skip. You are taking my breath away. And still the most beautiful.”

Sowon scooped Eunha up in a kiss. “And as days passed, I fall for you again. And again.”

“Wanna dance, unnie?” Eunha asked.

Sowon placed her hands on Eunha waists while Eunha s her arms around Sowon’s neck. It’s quiet. The only source of light was the moonlight and the lamp from the refrigerator. Yet, they moved in synch. Eunha leaned her head on Sowon’s chest while Sowon leaned her chin on top of Eunha’s head.

Thumpthumpthump. Sowon’s heart was steady and calm.

And Eunha felt contentment filled her. They’re together. And that’s more than enough.

And in the end what matter most was they have each other.

And they’re in love.

And sometimes, that’s more than enough.

--

 

 

 

a/n:  。◕‿◕。 

hi, it's another update, this one too, enjoy and thank you for reading and commenting <3