Gentle Love, Rough Love

Pillow Talk

Yerin plopped down beside Sowon, wheezing and hitching. Their training session was demanding. She took one glance at Sowon, the later was just a little bit better at hiding her tiredness, yet Sowon’s labored breathing was telling her that their leader was just as tired.

“Being old a lot. Just this kind of training already took our breath away, heh?” Yerin poked Sowon’s side. “Especially when you are already a grandma, unnie.”

“Yah!” Sowon shoved Yerin aside. “Who do you call grandma?!”

“Unnie!” Yerin shouted as she fallen down to the floor. I thought she’s tired enough to be able to retaliate but she’s still so strong, this Sowon-unnie, tsk.

“What? You started it,” Sowon said.

Yerin replied by sticking out her tongue at Sowon. It made Sowon poked Yerin’s side hard. Until Yerin squirmed away from her rather enraged leader, saying sorry until Sowon stopped her punishment.

--

Sowon was leaving the practice room to buy a drink from the vending machine at the lobby. When she arrived at the practice room, Yerin has been standing in front of the door. Leaning on the wall opposites of the door. Sowon handed the drink she bought to Yerin. “You seemed tired, aren’t you supposed to be the group’s ginseng?”

Yerin accepted the drink with a smile. Sowon inclined her head to the practice room. “I am going inside first. You rest for a bit.”

Yerin pulled Sowon’s jacket. “Unnie, stay with me for a bit.”

Sowon nodded. She leaned on the wall beside Yerin.

--

Yerin watched Sowon keeping track of other kids through the slightly open door. Yerin looked at the bottle on her hands then she looked at Sowon. Clenching the bottle tightly, Yerin scooted closer to Sowon.

Yerin leaned her head on Sowon’s shoulder. “Unnie,” Yerin called.

“Hn?”

“Unnie, this will sound creepy. But, I swear I didn’t do it on purpose, okay. So, please don’t get angry at me,” Yerin pleaded.

“Angry about what? About the grandma things?” Sowon questioned.

“Not about that… because it’s half truth, unnie.”

“Oi!” Sowon pinched Yerin’s cheek.

Yerin massaged her redden cheek, pouting slightly. “You see, uh… I just want to go to the toilet, okay. The two of you were in the living room. And to go to the toilet, I will have to walk through the living room…”

“Okay…” Sowon drawled. She looked pensive.

“We were drinking that night, unnie…”

Sowon looked even more pensive.

“Eunha was on top of you…”

Sowon’s face got red. Like, it’s already rosy from dancing, but right now, Sowon looked like a boiled crab that it’s kind of making Yerin felt sorry.

“Where is this conversation going again?” Sowon asked. She half covered her face with her towel.

“Unnie… I just want to ask. Why… do you stop?”

“Stop what?” Sowon confusedly looking at Yerin.

“Stop doing—unnie! You know what I mean—I can’t say the words!” Yerin whined, face got slightly red as well. “I mean, you look like you are going to do it with Eunha, she has half-undressed herself already… but, you stop yourself. And ended up just buttoning up her clothes in between making out with her…”

Sowon groaned into her towel.

“Unnie… I am just curious, okay. By no mean I want the two of you to actually do that in the living room. That will be out of question, alright, unnie? I mean I don’t want to watch the two of you doing it—OW!”

Sowon pinched Yerin’s cheek. “... You are just being a , aren’t you?”

“I am not!” Yerin nursed her pinched cheek.

Sowon pinched the bridge of her nose. She looked at Yerin’s expectant gaze and sighed.

“Unnie, you shouldn’t sigh like that. Don’t you know that—“ Yerin’s words were cut by another poke by Sowon. Yerin put both of her hands up in surrender, hoping that Sowon would stop poking her.

“Because she’s drunk. That kind of thing, it should be done when both of us are sober and ready.” Sowon looked at Eunha who was in the middle of dance battle with SinB. “If I lose control that night, it would make me feel like I have been assaulting her against her wish…

“And, that’s a line in which we couldn’t go back to once we have crossed it… I just—when—if someday we do it, I want it to be special, to make it special for both of us…”

Yerin leaned her head on Sowon’s shoulder again. She took Sowon’s hand on her. “Unnie, you love her a lot. Like a whole lot, aren’t you?”

Sowon smiled instead of answering.

“Sojung-unnie...” Yerin played with Sowon’s hand.

“Yerin”

“Unnie, are you happy?”

“I am the happiest in the world. With her. With you. With everyone here. I am the happiest in the world.”

“Good, you should be happy, Sojung-unnie. The happiest in the world.”

“Yerin…”

“Because you are my most precious person, Sojung-unnie.”

“Yerin, I…”

“My heart, you know it even if I don’t say it, right?” Yerin turned to face Sowon. “Unnie, don’t look so troubled. I loved you. And I have been watching you all this time. So, I know that your eyes, they could only look at Eunha. And your heart, it has been filled to the brim with Eunha.” Yerin pointed at Sowon’s chest. “Because of that I know that my feeling wouldn’t be reciprocated. I know I don’t have any chance with you.” Yerin finished with smile.

“Yerin, I love you a lot—”

Yerin shook her head. “That love is different with how I felt, isn’t it? Sojung-unnie, it’s okay. I still love you the most, this time as a teammate, as a best friend, as a family. I have accepted it since long time ago, unnie. My feeling toward you since then has been cooling down.”

Sowon’s smile was sad.

“Sojung-unnie, it is okay. I am rooting for you and Eunha, you know? If I am not, I think I am going to be crazy witnessing how freakishly cute you and Eunha are. I mean, we are roommates.” Yerin chuckled.

Sowon pulls Yerin into a hug. “I am sorry, Yerin. Sorry… sorry… If—“

Yerin pat Sowon’s back. “If what unnie? If in this universe you aren’t in love with Eunha, you will definitely fall for me?”

“Yerin…”

You can’t even say it, unnie. You are—in whatever universe, when there’re Sojung and Eunbi, you will always… without doubt, fall for her. That’s just how deep you are in love with her… my Sojung-unnie… not mine. Will never be mine… but Eunbi’s Sojung-unnie… Eunha’s Sowon-unnie…

“I don’t think it’s possible to be happened, unnie.” Yerin chuckled. “Wait…. are you crying?”

“I am not,” Sowon sniffed.

Yerin laughed. She keeps on patting Sowon’s back.

You are too gentle, unnie. Way too gentle. Even if you pinched and poked me, you are still too gentle.

“I am not telling you all of that because I want to make you sad. I need to say goodbye to this feeling, you know? That’s why I am telling you about it.

“So, smile? Smile that bright smile which could make flowers bloom, unnie,” Yerin said. She pushed Sowon a bit to catch her eyes.

So, Sowon smiled. Beautiful and bright.

Ah, she is really beautiful.

“You are kind of cheesy, you know?” Sowon asked through her teary eyes.

Yerin laughed hearing it. “Like aren’t, unnie. You are worse, you should hear yourself when you are with Eunha.”

Goodbye, my gentle love.

--

SinB looked at Yerin who was watching the television intently. SinB took a seat beside Yerin. Curiously, she looked at the screen. It was a re-run from an old drama about star-crossed lovers which ended up with both of them died. One is from sickness and the other one from an accident. She noticed tears started to flow from Yerin’s eyes.

SinB sighed. She took a tissue from the table. Wordlessly, she wiped away Yerin’s tears.

“Thank you,” Yerin sniffed.

“Why are you watching this drama again? You always end up crying by the end of it,” SinB asked, “Sometimes, it looked like you watch it just because you want to cry.”

“I can’t help but like it,” Yerin said.

SinB shook her head. “You are hopeless, unnie.”

“But you are here, with me,” Yerin whispered, “So, I think being hopeless is okay.”

“Alright then, I will watch it with you. So, that you will not cry alone.”

Yerin smiled. She leaned her head on SinB’s shoulder. “Thank you for being here, SinB.” Yerin took SinB’s hand, placed it on her own lap, and squeezed it.

“Hn.” SinB smiled. She squeezed Yerin’s hand as well.

--

 

 

A/N : because yerin said that she loves sowon the most~ and do you know what drama yerin and sinb are watching? it's an oldie but goldie drama. very famous too.

thank you for reading and taking some time commenting~ :)

psst, it wasn't that important but, my awakening album has arrived! the album is pretty but a jewel case. still pretty tho! :D

because i am happy, therefore there'll be double update today!