Sleep

Pillow Talk

A/N :

italics = thought

brown= flashback

 

 

 

Eunha rubs her eyes sleepily. Yawning widely, she turned to her phone to check for the time. It’s three in the morning. Another yawn escapes. Turning her head to the side, she looks at the sleeping girl beside her. “Sowon-unnie… unnie… how could you be this… stunning even when you are asleep?” Eunha whispers with a small smile.

Eunha’s memory is playing a rewind of the first time she woke up beside Sowon.

--

They were watching movie together when Eunha fall asleep in the middle of it. Eunha had leaned her head against Sowon’s shoulder not long after the movie started. Her hands fiddled with Sowon’s fingers. They had a roughish training session that day so slowly Eunha started to drift to sleep. Sowon’s soft hum lulled her into falling asleep even more.

Eunha woke up on a ceiling which isn’t hers. Which by the way didn’t look like a ceiling but another bed? Startled, Eunha opened her eyes widely. Wondering where did she sleep the whole night. She could hear sounds of even breathing near her. For some reason, fear gripped her heart. What if it is unfamiliar—what if it was some stranger— yet, when she turned her head, relief flooded her heart.

Sowon was sleeping beside her. Eunha looked around, she recognized it as Sowon and Yerin’s room. Now that she was sure that she was safe, Eunha turned her attention to the girl beside her. She watched the way Sowon slept. The little twitch of her eyebrows every now and then. The soft ‘rrr’ came out of Sowon when she was deep asleep. The steady hum of Sowon’s breath. The way Sowon’s body rolled and eventually draped hand over Eunha’s waist.

Eunha covered with her hands. Because it felt like a squeal is going to escape. I am going to combust!  

Because, suddenly her heart was overwhelmingly filled with how cute. With how adorable. With how Sowon was just sleping yet still so dazzling. And suddenly she realized that she has confessed her feeling. And that they may have been going out right now—no, wait. We’re already going out! I have asked her to be my girlfriend, right? And she said yes! So, we are officially going out right now!

And just like that, Eunha’s feeling was being too much to handle. It felt like giddy laughs were going to escape from her chest. It was too full with Sowon. She pinched herself to make sure that everything was real. The pain was real. So, it wasn’t a dream! Unnie is my girlfriend!

“What are you grinning for?” Sowon’s sleepy voiced broke Eunha’s musing. “Why are you covering your mouth like that?”

“Ah… no, nothing…” Eunha weakly answered. “Yawn… yeah, I am yawning so I cover it…”

“In that case, why don’t we sleep instead?” Sowon pulled Eunha closer to her.

“Oh… o… okay… sleep… yeah… let’s sleep… hahaha…” Eunha stammered as her heart was hammering the moment her body was pressed closer to Sowon.

“Hm… good night, Eunha,” Sowon whispered.

“Good night, unnie…” Eunha whispered back. Too close. Her voice is too close. Ah, is this how I will die? Combusting because of Sowon-unnie….

That night Eunha’s palpitating heart was being calmed down by Sowon’s steady heartbeat. The morning after, Eunha woke up with her limbs tangled with Sowon’s. Another wave of giddiness filled her heart.

--

Even now, when I look at you… it still feels like I am going to blow up from all of this feeling… She lightly taps Sowon’s cheek. A tap to the cheek, her face is getting closer to Sowon. Two taps to the cheek, she snuggles closer to Sowon. Another three taps, their face is only a centimeters apart. So close, Eunha could literally count Sowon’s eyelashes. So close that their breaths are mixing together. Eunha presses her lips against Sowon’s forehead. Lightly, she kisses Sowon’s nose down to Sowon’s lips.

Stealing kisses like this when she is asleep, may be unfair, huh?  is what running through Eunha’s mind. Her cheeks are slightly pink.

Embarassed, Eunha hides her face into the crook of Sowon’s neck. A kiss at the crown of her head startles her. Eunha looks up to find a smiling Sowon whose eyes are still half-closed. What—does she realized it?!

“Hn?” Sowon sleepily asked. “Can’t sleep?”

Eunha shakes her head. “Nah.”

Sowon smiled. “Should we go on a date, just the two of us?”

“Huh? Right now?”

--

Eunha leans against Sowon while the later is hugging her from behind. The date that Sowon is talking about is apparently watching the sunrise from the window behind the balcony. A mug of hot chocolate is placed beside them. A blanket drapes over their bodies.

“Cold?” Sowon asks.

Eunha nods. She puts Sowon’s arms around her. “If you are hugging me tightly like this, it’s less cold. Instead, it’s warm, unnie.”

“Hn…” Sowon snuggles closer to Eunha. “I heard, if you make a wish the moment the sun starts to appear, it might come true.”

Eunha hummed in response. “I have a lot of wish. Will it all come true?”

“Let’s watch the sunrise everyday then. One sunrise for one wish.”

“Ah… I am going to be sleepy… if we do this every day...” Eunha says. “But, it doesn’t mean I don’t want to spend time with you, unnie. It’s just that I think—spending times with you on bed is better—I mean—“

Sowon chuckles. “Alright, I get it—“

“No, unnie... my wish, one of my wish, the one I mostly agonizing over beside for gfriend’s futures… it’s already come true… so—” Eunha says. “My wish to be with you…”

“Hn?”

“My wish to be with you has been granted. My other wishes, I—unnie, you are the most—already with me—in fact you are the one who could grant it—“ Eunha mumbles. She buries her head on her hands. “Argh, what even I am saying—?!”

Eunha doesn’t hear anything so, she takes a peek behind her. Sowon is looking anywhere but her. Her cheeks are red. For some reasons, it makes Eunha’s already pink cheek turns even a deeper shade of pink.

--

 

 

SinB is staring at the ceiling. Briefly, she looks over at the empty bunk on the other side of the room. Eunha’s bed. Or the one that she’s supposed to sleep on. Yet, Eunha sleeps on Sowon’s bed more often than she sleeps here.

SinB adjusted her pillow. SinB has dubbed the pair as stupid pair. The incredibly stupidly sweet pair. She knows that Sowon is a fool for Eunha. The same thing goes for Eunha as well, who is a fool for Sowon. It doesn’t mean she hates them. They just have too much amount of PDA. But, then again… if they do go a day without having any sort of contact with each other, both of them might blow up into air. Talking about air, sometimes SinB wonders if love is like an air too. If feeling is like that as well. Just like how air could keep you alive, it could suffocate you as well.

Talking about that, SinB is remembering that another unnie is in a need of contact as close as possible to another human being. If she goes a day without touching her members, SinB wonders if Yerin is going to combust too, like Sowon and Eunha.

SinB pulled her blanket closer. Talking about Yerin, she recalled the day she shared a room with Yerin for a show overseas.

--

Yerin has a trouble sleeping too. Usually, she slept with her dolls but, they have none of the dolls there. SinB watched over Yerin who kept on turning and tossing in her sleep. Her hand was reaching for things that wasn’t there. So, SinB walked to Yerin’s bed. She hesitated for a moment before she reached for Yerin’s hand and hold it.

Yerin stopped moving. Instead, she pulled SinB’s hand closer. It made SinB stumbled and fell into Yerin’s bed. With how tight Yerin’s gripped on her, SinB realized she wouldn’t be able to get out of Yerin’s bed quietly. So, she made do with what space she got and tried to get comfortable with Yerin’s gripping her hand tightly. SinB fell asleep watching Yerin’s expression while she slept. A sigh escaped her, yet a smile also bloomed on her SinB’s face.

 

--

SinB falls asleep with that memory. The present SInB, too, has a smile blooming on her face when she drifts to sleep.

--

 

 

A/N : because sometimes when you are lying on bed, suddenly a thought pop up which prevent you to fall asleep. i mean, i hope i am the only one thinking random stuffs when i am about to sleep? like, i am not the only one who thought stuffs like 'do you think fish fall asleep too like us?' or 'what if books have feeling? and we just closed it and never opened it again, won't they be sad?' (°△°|||)

anyway, thank you for reading it, enjoying it, and taking some times commenting! :D