Tiny Star

Pillow Talk

“Unnie? Why are you still up?” Eunha asked when she come out of the bathroom. “I thought you have been going to sleep already?”

Sowon patted the space in front of her. “Come, sit here, Eunha. I’ll help you drying your hair.”

Eunha titled her head. Slowly she sat in between Sowon’s leg while staring right ahead. Sowon gently dried Eunha’s hair with the towel while she listened to Eunha’s soft hum. Couple of minutes passed, Eunha’s hum turned into a song.

 

The clock made two full turns

Nothing’s different about this day

But like a picture with no time reference

I’m standing still

When I felt a little comfortable

Was that me deceiving myself?

 

Tears suddenly fell

I think I’m still waiting for you

 

Don’t go any farther, don’t come as a goodbye

Tell me to wait just a little bit

So my heart, that is only filled with you, won’t cry

Look back at me, look back at me

 

I only looked at you

So I couldn’t see the goodbye

It was covered by the familiar sight of your back

So I didn’t know how far you went

--

Sowon stopped drying Eunha’s hair when she heard Eunha’s voice. To Sowon’s ear, Eunha’s been sounding so sad. She turned her head sideways, attempted to peek at Eunha. To Sowon’s surprised, she found tears there. Eunha has been silently crying. Confused. And worried, Sowon pulled Eunha into a hug.

Eunha still continue to sing.

 

Don’t go any farther, don’t come as a goodbye

Tell me to wait just a little bit

So my heart, that is only filled with you, won’t cry

Look back at me, look back at me

--

Sowon slowly rocking Eunha’s body in an attempt to make her feel comfortable. Yet, as times passed, Eunha’s voice just got sadder and sadder. Sowon rubbed circles on Eunha’s hand.

Eunha was actually crying even harder.

 

Just like when you used to want me crazily

I know, my heart won’t forget you

Even if another love comes

It’ll just be a way to remember you

Because there will be no one to replace you

 

Don’t go any farther, don’t come as a goodbye

Tell me to wait just a little bit

So my heart, that is only filled with you, won’t cry

Look back at me, look back at me

--

“Unnie…” Eunha softly called.

“Hmm?”

“Unnie, look back at me… please, look back at me…”

Sowon maneuvered herself so that she’s face to face with Eunha on her lap. “Unnie have been looking at you for quite a long time, Eunha… have been looking at you…” Sowon lifted Eunha’s chin so that their eyes could meet. “Always only at you… don’t you know it?”

“Unnie, in that case, don’t… please please never say goodbye at me….”

Sowon gazed into Eunha’s tears filled eyes. “Where is that stupid thought coming from?”

“Unnie, it isn’t stupid!”

“Okay, then explain it to me, Eunha? Because after all of this time, don’t you know it already? Don’t you know that my eyes could only look at you?” Sowon wiped Eunha’s tears away. “Don’t you know that the name my heart has been calling is yours? Even now, it’s loudly calling for you.” Sowon placed Eunha’s hand to her heart. “Couldn’t you feel it? Couldn’t you hear it?” Sowon took Eunha’s other hand. “It’s stupid because… all of this time I have been making it clear that every fiber of me wants you? And only you? How could I say goodbye to you?”

“So… you are still in love with me, unnie?” Eunha’s voice is filled with hope and dread.

It just sounds so absurd to Sowon. “I don’t have a big heart, instead, it’s tiny. And it’s packed with tiny little stars named Jung Eunbi, I don’t think I have any more space inside it for anyone else, but you. For as long as this tiny heart still beating, it will love you, only you.”

“Oh…but… even if I still—even if the me right now could only ask you to wait? Even if the star that you love is selfish—will you still love her? Won’t you get tired of me? Always pulling you back to me, every time—but also pushed you away… unnie, i…”

“My precious star is selfish, slightly narcissistic, and our relationship is filled with push and pull. Yet, I can’t get tired of her. How could I? When spending times with her are the highlight of the day for me?”

And then Eunha smiled. So wide and so beautiful. And Sowon’s tiny heart is amplified in size. It got big with happiness. For a moment, they only gazed at each other. Each was blinding each other with their big happy smiles.

--

Eunha leaned her head on Sowon’s chest. She sighed in content.

“Anyway, could you tell me what brought that conversation up?” Sowon asked.

“Uh… um… you are going to laugh if you know the reason….” Eunha looked at her lap. “The reason is because you didn’t choose me.”

“Huh?”

“Because you didn’t choose me and choose Umji instead.”

“When did I do that—oh, OH! That time!” Sowon poked Eunha. “Because you took too long to answer why you choose me, Eunha. I think you just choose me because I am the last one left. It’s kind of… hurt, I guess.”

“Wha-what?! nO! I didn’t choose you because you are the only one left!” Eunha sat up straighter on Sowon’s lap.

Sowon’s eyebrow rose.

“I choose you because I—do you know how much I enjoy eating and sleeping?”

Sowon’s eyebrow rose a bit higher.

“I enjoy it even more when it’s with you. It’s like thousand times more enjoyable. It took me a long time because I am shy about it. I can’t—I don’t—please don’t get hurt—i—unnie, I am sorry, I don’t mean to hurt you—“ Eunha was frantic.

Sowon’s eyebrow rose even higher. This time, both eyebrows.

“Unnie…I—I—“ Eunha looked at Sowon’s arms around her. Safe and familiar and comforting and— “Don’t you know I like your arms and hands, unnie?”

“Hm? Don’t you know you are being random right now?”

“I like your hands, unnie. It’s bigger than mine. Your fingers are longer,” Eunha said as if Sowon didn’t say anything. “I like it when we’re holding hand. It fits perfectly with mine.” Eunha hooked her hands with Sowon’s. “And your arms, you could wrap me in your arms so easily. I like how it makes me feel comfortable and safe. Just like now. And I like how familiar it is to be in your embrace.”

Sowon smiled because it’s like Eunha was trying to put into words what she can’t say that day.

“I also like how when you are eating your favorite food, you looked so cute and happy. And unnie, you are so so beautiful. Like, no one is as beautiful as you for me. I like how your height is so different to mine. And, do you know how much I like spending time with you?”

“Eunha…”

“And and, I like the way you are so patient. I like the way you just quietly hold me. Even without words, you just stayed by my side. Always there. And I just—without me realizing it, you filled it all, unnie.”

“Filled what?”

“You filled every corner of my mind,” Eunha said, “When I realized it, you are already a permanent resident of my heart and mind, Sojung-unnie.”

“Eunbi…” Sowon traced Eunha’s cheek. Eunha leaned on Sowon’s hand.

“Sojung-unnie, I am sorry I took so long to answer your feeling toward me. Because falling in love is scary and things that I feel for you, it’s too deep too frightening for me, unnie. You are the first I ever felt like this with,” Eunha smiled. “It took me a long time, and even though I have planned a much more romantic confession, I don’t think I can wait that long.

“When I cut my hair, I have told you that I will stay with you, unnie. That I will follow you wherever you go. Really, I will follow you wherever you go, wherever you are, unnie. Because I, because the coward me, because this selfish me, want you all for myself.”

“Eunbi…”

“When you choose Umji over me, when I thought that someday someone better will take you away, when I thought that you will disappear from me… I, it’s too painful, Sojung-unnie. Too painful, it felt like I could die. Unnie, don’t ever fall for anyone else but me. Don’t look at anyone else but me. Because, I love you. I love you.”

“Come again,” Sowon said.

“I love you, Sojung-unnie. Will you be my girlfriend?”

“Again, say it again.”

“I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you, Sojung-unnie,” Eunha kept on repeating her words.

Sowon pulled her into a hug. Eunha still whispering her words to Sowon.

“Sojung-unnie, I love you. I love you.”

And then Sowon laughed. She stood up and pulled Eunha along with her. She raised Eunha’s body and swung her around. When she finally put Eunha down to her feet, she pulled Eunha to her. Laughing. Yet, tears kept on falling, it fall onto Eunha’s shoulder who kept on repeating her confession to Sowon.

“I love you,” Sowon said. Teary and all smiles. And Eunha thought that Sowon looked too beautiful with her tears stained face. And her heart was full. With Sowon’s smile. With Sowon’s tears. With Sowon’s warmth. With Sowon. It’s full with Sowon. Like how Sowon said that her heart is filled with Eunha, Eunha’s own heart is only filled with Sowon.

--

Yerin has watched them with SinB. Her plan was to call them to sleep because it’s already late, yet she stopped herself when she heard Eunha sang. She witnessed that clumsy confession and how happy Sowon looked. Yerin smiled to herself.

--

SinB has planned for the same things when she caught Yerin stood in front of her room. Yerin’s eyes were telling her to just keep quiet. SinB agreed to it because Yerin has looked so serious and because the atmosphere felt too tense for her.

SinB watched Yerin watched them. She looked at how happy Yerin got. She looked at how happy the silly couple in the living room and shook her head. It took them too long to finally get together. SinB wasn’t entirely ignorant. She also noticed Yerin’s wistful look when she looked at those two. So, she pulled Yerin’s hand and hold it. She hoped whatever it’s that got Yerin looked like that will go away. She got a small smile from Yerin so maybe all is good?

--

 

A/N : enjoy~ and thank you for taking some times reading and commenting! :D