Bread and Watch

Pillow Talk

a/n :

italic = thought

 

 

 

 

Three inches……

 

Two inches…

 

One inch more….and I could taste it…

 

 

 

“Yerin-unnie! Wake up!”

 

After being shook several times, Yerin opened her eyes rather grumpily to find out who has rudely stopping her from eating her beloved bread inside her dreams, it is only an inch before she could taste how delicious it is. “Augh, SinB, I am only an inch away from it! You should at least wait a bit more before you wake me up, like, after I finish eating it.”

 

SinB grinned widely after hearing it and Yerin frowned, “Why are you waking me up anyway? Does the practice has been started? I thought we have a bit more time to rest?” Yerin looked down to check her watch and just like what she said, they still have 10 minutes before their dance practice routine started again. This made her raised a questionable brow at SinB.

 

“Eh? But, in my watch, it is already time to go home,” SinB answered.

 

“Eeeeh??! What do you mean?!”

 

Yerin’s panic expression made SinB laugh, “You know, if you look closely… your watch is not moving. Maybe it is broken or something.”

 

Yerin double checked her watch, and compared it with the time shown on her cell phone. Her watch was indeed broken. Mentally face palmed herself before she let out a long sigh, “I am skipping practice even though I don’t mean to, I can’t believe it!?”

 

SinB grinned, “Anyway, I wake you up because I want to give you this,” SinB took out bread from her jacket’s pocket, “It is better than the one on your dream, right?”

 

Yerin nodded happily, but as she tried to take the bread, SinB stood up from her crouching position, making Yerin stood too.  As Yerin tried once again to take the bread, SinB raised her hand higher.

 

“What is it?” Yerin pouted. She's still trying to take the bread away from SinB’s hand.

 

The latter only raised her hand even higher and said playfully, “Try to take it from me, unnie!”

 

Yerin let out a huff and once again tried to reach for her beloved bread. How come she started to be taller than me anyway?!

 

As Yerin tiptoed on her foot in an attempt to be taller than SinB, she realized at how close her face to SinB was. And SinB, in her attempt to be taller than Yerin, doesn’t actually aware about the disappearing gap between them. So, when Yerin closed their gap and kiss her on the cheek, she’s too shocked to response to it.

 

Yerin cheerfully took the bread out of SinB’s hand. “SinB, that’s as thanks for your bread.” With a laugh, Yerin walked out of the room.

 

--

 

A few minutes later, a curious Sowon poked Yerin’s cheek to put her out of her trance. Still receiving no reaction, Sowon decided that it is better to tickle Yerin instead. It’s certainly succeeded in snapping Yerin out of her trance.

 

“Unnie! Stop it!,” Yerin cried as she laughed uncontrollably.

 

Sowon smirked, “That’s because you are spacing out. What are you doing anyway? You do realize that you are standing in front of the dance room with bread on your hand and a weird expression plastered in your face, right?”

 

“I...uh…um,” she remembered the event before and feel like her face is heating up. It isn’t usually like this. I don’t usually feel like this after I kiss anyone. And at the cheek at that!

 

Sowon raised an eyebrow at it, “And now, your face is really red. Are you sick or something? Want to go to the doctor? Also, why are you disappearing just now? I have been searching for you around the building.”

 

“I am alright, umm, anyway—what?” Yerin asked confused.  

 

“You are disappearing when it’s time for the practice to start. So, I asked the kids to search for you. I have been searching for you at the building in front of our office but you aren’t there,” Sowon explained. “Anyway, if you are alright, we should start our dance lesson again.”

 

“Huh? Wha-? But, SinB said it is already time to go ho—” however before she could finish her sentence, her phone was beeping, signaling her of an incoming message.

 

'Unnie, your watch is running out of a battery, that’s why it stopped moving, I think. Anyway, you are not skipping the dance practice……yet. Well, if you already on your way home, you are definitely skipping it then.

SinB'

 

“Sheesh!! This kid!” Yerin said, pissed off a little. I really… thought that I have skipped it. She should just say that the practice hasn’t finished yet.

“Yerin, are you really okay?” Sowon placed both of hands on Yerin’s shoulder, eyes focused on Yerin.

“Huh? Yeah, I—I am okay, unnie,” Yerin replied. And for a moment, as Sowon was searching for the truth from her eyes, Yerin wondered why there’s still butterfly flapping inside her stomach at Sowon’s concerned gaze. Because for some reason, it made her happy that Sowon’s full attention was on her. Only her.

 

“What are you yip yapping about, Yerin-unnie?” Eunha appeared out of nowhere and startled Yerin and Sowon.

 

“Don’t suddenly appear like that!” Sowon hit Eunha’s arm lightly.

 

Just like that, the magic is broken down. And Yerin was coming back to earth, to the reality that Sowon has Eunha and the way Sowon looks at Eunha will never be directed at her.

 

Eunha only shrugged her shoulder before she took Yerin’s hand and placed a small battery on her palm. To Yerin’s raised brow, Eunha simply said, “SinB gave that to me when I met her, she said to give it to you if I meet you first.”

 

Yerin stared at the battery on her palm, silently questioning where SinB got it.

 

And like that, her heart fluttered. At how thoughtful SinB was being.

 

--

 

 

a/n :  。◕‿◕。

enjoy and thank you for reading~