darling we're dancing in the dark

Pillow Talk

 

When Yerin woke up, she found her limbs were tangled together with Sinb. Yerin took the time to just look at Sinb. She traced her finger lightly along Sinb's cheek. Unknowingly, Yerin smiled. She thought that sinb was like a cactus. Sometimes she acted all tough and fierce but so soft at the inside. maybe i will buy her a cactus

 

Couple of days later, Yerin did buy Sinb a cactus, the younger girl accepted it rather confusedly. "Sometimes you remind me of this cactus, Eunbi." She watched Sinb's confusion turned into a scowl. and a part of Yerin wondered if sinb's going to dump the cactus. She found the cactus to be alive and safe at the table beside Sinb's bed when she played at Sinb's room few days later. The cactus was carefully put to be getting little light. Yerin smiled and hear heart was warm.

 

More often than she could be counting, for a couple of months Sinb's face was oftentime the first she saw when she woke up. but today was an exception because she couldn't find Sinb when she woke up. So, Yerin got out of the bed clumsily, sleepily. she walked toward the living room, found it empty, and frown made itself to her face. She walked toward the kitchen where a little light shone. She found the person she's been looking for standing in front of the refrigerator. Yerin sleepily hug sinb's from behind. It earned her a little yelp from Sinb.

 

"Unnie?! I thoght you are a ghost!" Sinb half yelled.

 

It made Yerin laughed. She put her chin against sinb's shoulder. "Whatchu doing?"

 

"Drinking. It's summer. Pretty humid," Sinb replied.

 

Yerin nodded. The air was indeed humid. Yet, despite the sweat and sticky skins, despite the heat, Sinb didn't refuse when Yerin pressed herself closer. Yerin looked out of the window. It's still dark outside and there's a full moon there. It's sprinkled by lots of bright little stars. "Eunbi, let's dance."

 

Sinb groaned, "We'll be sweating a lot after it." but she turned to Yerin and pulled her closer. Yerin smiled when their bodies move along the quiet rhtym, against the quiet of the night.

 

Along the dance, somehow their forehead ended up pressing together. Yerin's eyes caught Sinb's. And her breath was almost caught. Sinb was looking at her with an adoring smile on her face. A soft whisper of "You are so beautiful, unnie."

 

Yerin giggled. "You are adorable, Sinb." she watched the pink hue grew on sinb's cheeks. So, she cupped Sinb's cheeks gently. She leaned forward and planted a soft kiss at the tip of Sinb's nose, "Really adorable." as Sinb's cheeks grew even pinker, Yerin smiled. She tucked sinb's hair behind her ear. For some reasons, her heart was thundering. Sinb was looking at her with the kind of tenderness that made Yerin's heart ache. Yerin leaned closer to Sinb. So close that her lips were brushing against Sinb's cheek. Yerin moved slowly, closer and even closer till she planted a gentle chaste kiss on Sinb's lips. It's brief, the moment their lips were touching yet when their lips were apart, Yerin let out the breath that she didn't even know that she's holding. 

 

--

 

Sinb looked at the way Yerin looked at her, the shy smile and the reddish blush on Yerin's cheek after they kiss. their first kiss! she grew concerned when Yerin's shy smile turned into that of a frown. 

 

"Unnie?"

 

Yerin gently tugged sinb's sleeve. "Eunbi, there's something i need to tell you."

 

Sinb could feel dread started to fill her stomach up to her heart. She swallowed hard. what if she said that it's a mistake?! what if-

 

"I…" Yerin stopped. She dropped her head.   

 

And sinb could feel her worry intensify ten fold. "Yeah?"

 

"Actually I," Yerin covered her face, "Gah, why is this so hard?"

 

"What's so hard, unnie?"

 

"I love you," Yerin said, her words were muffled against the hands that she's been using to cover her face.

 

"Huh, what?" Sinb leaned closer to Yerin. She heard something that made her heart leap but she has to make sure.

 

Yerin dropped her hands, she inhaled sharply and blurted out. "I said, i love you."

 

Sinb was at a loss of words. A few uncomfortable silence passed. Sinb watched the glimmer inside Yerin's eyes fading. and in a panic, she rushed to use both of her hands to cup, well, she meant to cup Yerin's cheeks but she used too much force that it ended up with her squeezing yerin's cheeks. "Unnie wait, are you serious?"

 

Yerin nodded.

 

Sinb smiled broadly. It felt like she's been winning at life. Well, she supposed that she did! "I love you!"

 

Yerin's wary gaze was changing to surprise. Moments later Yerin was laughing. and girl, if that wasn't the most beautiful melodies that Sinb has ever heard. She knew that she's being chessy but Sinb didn't really care. The person she's been in love with was saying that she loved her too!! Sinb could fly to cloud nine now. She just wish she wouldn't fall from that height because it would be too painful to bear.

 

Their eyes met for a beat before both of them were bursting out with tiny giggles.

 

--


 

It's already morning when Yerin woke up the next day. She woke up alone, well she supposed she wasn't really alone because on the bed opposite her, her roomate and her girlfriend were sleeping soundly. Unlike the night before where she felt lonely and agitated when she woke up alone, this time she felt happy. Yerin yawned then she left her bed to wash up.

 

After she finished her morning routines, Yerin went to Sinb's room. The younger girl was still deep asleep. Yerin knelt beside Sinb's bed. Feeling slightly mischevious, Yerin run her finger along Sinb's cheek and drew little circles under Sinb's eyes gently. She heard Sinb's soft sigh. The corner of Yerin's mouth curled up, she traced her fingers on Sinb's hair and made tiny scratches at Sinb's hair. Sinb let out what Yerin would describe as Sinb's happy noise. The kind of soft mewl of a slumbering cat would make when they felt satisfied at what you did.

 

Yerin smiled at the adorable sight. She leaned down to kiss Sinb's cheek softly. She gazed at Sinb for a few more minutes before she decided to leave Sinb's room. She was just standing up when Sinb pulled her back toward the back, effectively making her stumble onto the bed, right on top of Sinb. She froze when she stared at Sinb's not so sleepy eyes.

 

Sinb smirked. "Sleep some more, unnie. Sleep here, I mean. And continue what you are doing before, I like it."

 

Yerin laughed. She could really use to snuggle with Sinb like this everyday.

 

--

 

darling it's dark outside

your body is soft against me

and darling we're dancing

dancing in the dark

darling our bodies are moving together

together in a rhtym

in the same beat

our hearts are thumping

darling it's raining outside

abd darling we're dancing in the dark

and you look look at me

my darling i know you see it

you see it through me

our hearts are thumping

it goes thump thump

but mine is too soft

because my heart is broken

and you know you know

darling you look at me

and smile

darling you whispered

"baby, you are enough. 

baby, i got you."

you see me as me

and i am worried

oh darling, i am worried

i am afraid

darling what if i hurt you

but you twirled me 

"baby, it's okay.

love hurts.

love heals.

so, baby it's okay.

don't worry your beautiful little heart.

just love me."

darling it's sunny outside

and we're stil dancing

when i look at you

at the softness of your smile

the hidden tenderness inside your eyes

and darling i love you

everything comes to place

darling we're dancing 

dancing in the dark

when we're together

the pain in my heart lessen

oh my darling i love you

darling it's dark outside

your body is soft against me

and darling we're dancing

dancing in the dark

though it's scary

darling i hope you stay forever

and darling we're dancing

dancing in the dark

 

--

 

 

a/n :

thank you for reading and commenting till now (´ ᴗ`✿)