First Kiss

Pillow Talk

The moonlight is filtering through the window’s blind. Currently, Eunha is laying her head on Sowon’s lap. They are in the living room, supposedly watching movie together but Sowon has fallen asleep in the middle of the movie. So, Eunha turned off the television and the living room’s lamp. She isn’t sure she can carry Sowon to the bedroom without waking her up so Eunha optioned out to bring the blanket and cover both of their bodies with it.

Eunha stared at Sowon’s face. Slowly, gently, she traced her thumb along Sowon’s jaw. She stopped at Sowon’s lips. Looking at it, Eunha remembered the first time they kissed.

--

They were staying at a hotel for a concert overseas. Supposedly, everyone has their own room. But, it’s lonely to be by yourself inside that big room. So, Eunha called Sowon over. Sowon came and they were talking and talking about everything and nothing. They were holding hand and she noticed small cuts on Sowon’s palm. She looked at Sowon and about to ask when Sowon shook her head. “I am clumsy so I cut myself a lot.” Eunha wanted to ask what Sowon did clumsily. But, it doesn’t look like Sowon is going to answer so they talked about something else until Sowon stopped talking and only gazed at her.

“What is it?” Eunha asked.

“Should we get married?” Sowon asked instead of answering.

Eunha blinked. And blinked.

“When we get older, when the time is right, would you marry me, Eunha?”

“What—why so sudden?” Eunha’s heartbeat was rising up.

“Because I want to spend the rest of my days with you,” Sowon reached for Eunha’s hand. “Is it weird? I am sorry. It’s just that, I look at you, and the thought come to me. ‘I could spend the rest of my life with this awesome person’ have I startled you? Forget it then, Eunha. I am sorry.”

Eunha tighten her hold on Sowon’s hand when Sowon’s going to pull her hand away. “No, unnie, i—“

They could hear a knock on their door. Umji was there to start the v live.

“What are you two doing together? We have our own separate bedroom this time,” Umji asked.

Sowon was hugging her from behind. It felt comfortable to be in Sowon’s embrace. It's like Eunha has always belong there.

“We are enjoying our married life together,” Eunha answered. She could feel Sowon’s tighten her hug.

When Umji has left and the door is locked, Eunha looked at Sowon and smiled. “So, darling, what should we do now? Shall we continue what we have been doing before Umji knocked on our door?” Eunha asked.

Sowon shook her head and opened her arms. Eunha laughed and fall into Sowon’s embrace.“My days, for the amount of days I have left in this world, I want to spend it all together with you, Sojung-unnie,” Eunha said.

Sowon smiled before her smile faded and Eunha become worried. Sowon let go of her embrace. “Eunha, wait here, I need to go to my room first. I left something there.”

“Huh, no, wait, unnie-“ Eunha managed to say before Sowon left.

Eunha waited for about 15 minutes before she decided to go to Sowon’s room instead of waiting. Sowon took so long and she is worried.

Eunha is on her way to Sowon’s room when she found Umji already there. She waited a moment till Umji left and went to Yerin’s room. She knocked on Sowon’s room. Sowon looked surprised when she saw her but she pulled Eunha inside. Sowon’s room is messy and Sowon isn’t a messy person.

She’s about to ask when she felt something on her head. It is a flower crown. Eunha blinked at Sowon. Sowon smiled at her, pulled Eunha to her and whispered. “Jung Eunbi, shall we get engaged here? I am going to ask you for a marriage again later when I have prepared a much proper confession.”

Eunha blinked again. Sowon reached for her hands and put a small box there. Eunha opened it. Inside the box is a pair of butterfly earing.

“Unnie, you…why….?”

“I am sorry for leaving your room like that. I want to take this gift and the flower crown for you. I forgot where I put them so I took a long time finding it,” Sowon said. “I asked you to marry me, supposedly i give you a ring. But, I don’t prepare anything like that. What I have prepared for you is that earring. I am sorry.”

Eunha looked down at the pair of butterfly earing. It is beautiful and Eunha smiled to herself. “Unnie, is the flower crown supposed to be a veil?” Eunha remembered the small cuts on Sowon’s palm. “Are you making it yourself? when—how are you even doing it?”

“It was meant to be a flower crown at first but now that you said it, maybe it could work as a veil too,” Sowon said. And Eunha know that yes, Sowon is indeed making it herself. For her. And Eunha’s heart is filled with warmth only Sowon could make.

Eunha smiled at Sowon and took one pair of the earring. “So, Kim Sojoung, do you accept Jung Eunbi as your other half? Would you spend all of your days, whether it is sunny or rainy or cloudy, with her? Would you let her inside your heart and took a residence there for the rest of our life together?”

“I do. I love you.”

Eunha put the earring on Sowon’s ear. “And I accept Kim Sojoung as my other half. I would let her inside my heart and reside there forever. Be it sunny or rainy or cloudy, I will spend it all with her. I love you, Sojoung-unnie.”

Sowon smiled at Eunha. Sowon looked sosobeautifulsosohappy. Sowon took the remaining earring and put it on Eunha’s ear. And Sowon just stand there and look solovelysobeautifulsoradiant. And Sowon gazed into Eunha’s eyes. Her hand traced Eunha’s hair. Down into Eunha’s cheek. Along her jaw and stopped at Eunha’s lips. And she stopped moving. Eunha’s heart is thumping so loud. She briefly wondered if Sowon could hear it too. But, Sowon only gazed at her with her stupidlybeautifulsmile.

“You know…. You could definitely kiss the your soontobebride, as in me, like…. right now?” Eunha whispered.

Sowon laughed. “Could I kiss you?”

Eunha nodded and closed her eyes.

And Sowon leaned down and kissed her forehead.

Eunha opened her eyes. “Unnie, you didn’t ask my permission just to kiss my forehead…. right?”

Sowon laughed again. She leaned down and kissed Eunha’s cheek. Eunha’s nose. Eunha’s jaw. And slowly she pressed her lips against Eunha. And it is different from how Eunha’s imagined. There are no fireworks exploding. Instead, there’s warmth. Sowon’s lips are warm against her. And soft and gentle. Yet, it left Eunha breathless. Then Sowon leaned back and their eyes meet. Both cheeks are flushed pink. Both are smiling shyly. The kiss wasn’t like what Eunha has imagined. It’s thousand times better than that.

--

They have lots of kisses after that yet each kiss always left Eunha breathless. Every kiss they had since then always felt like their first kiss, it’s gentle, warm, and comfortable. Just like having romance with Sowon. Eunha has always wanted to have a passionate fiery romance just like in dramas she’s watched, but that’s until Sowon happened. Having a relationship with Sowon is the opposite of everything Eunha’s imagined. Instead of a passionate fiery romance, it’s a relationship filled with warmth and loving gaze and gentleness and patience. And Eunha loves it.  And currently that gentle person is waking up from her slumber.

Sowon stirred in her sleep and sleepily opened her eyes. “Did I fall asleep? Sorry, I have promised to watch the movie with you…”

Eunha shook her head. “Watching you sleep is better than watching movie, unnie.”

“Hm… that sounds like something I used to say.”

“What can I do? You are rubbing off on me,” Eunha said.

Sowon laughed. “Hm, you looked happy. Something on your mind, darling?”

Eunha smiled at that. “I just thought that you look really beautiful smiling like that.”

Sowon’s cheek flushed pink.

“Aww, you are really cute, unnie,” Eunha said.

Sowon pouted and processed to tickle Eunha. “Yah, you!”

Eunha is laughing. And so is Sowon. Until both are out of breath and Sowon stopped tickling Eunha. Both of their face flushed red. Somehow, Eunha found herself on Sowon’s lap. She put her hands around Sowon’s neck. Sowon’s own hands held her waist. Steady and secure.

“Eunbi…” Sowon whispered slowly. And Eunha smiled. Her heart fluttered at the way Sowon called her. Slowly as if her name is a treasure, as if her name is so wonderful. Eunha leaned into Sowon, closer and closer until their lips touched. She could feel Sowon smiled into the kiss. And Eunha deepened the kiss. Sowon encircled her hands around Eunha and pulled her even closer until Eunha could hear Sowon’s heartbeat, it is thumping rapidly. Just like her own.

--

SinB watched them from the bedroom door. She really didn’t mean to do that. She’s thirsty so she woke up and on her way to the kitchen when she saw them. SinB has thought that maybe it’s burglars or something when she realized that it is Sowon and Eunha. She blinked and blinked. And she walked to Sowon and Yerin’s room instead.

She climbed into Yerin’s bunk and woke her up.

“Unnie, psst, unnie…please wake up,” SinB continued to poke Yerin.

Yerin woke up sleepily. “Augh, SinB, what do you want? I am sleepy…..”

“I am thirsty….”

“Just go to the kitchen-“ Yerin started to say.

“I can’t,” SinB cut.

“What do you mean you can’t? Are you afraid of the dark or something?”

“Or something….”

“Hmmm…. What is it?”

“Sowon-unnie and Eunha-unnie are making out. Actually they are only talking at first then Eunha-unnie kissed Sowon-unnie…. ”

“…”

“In the living room.”

“…”

“Unnie, say something…”

“That’s why there’s no sappiness here. They are moving into the living room…. I thought something is weird.”

“Unnie…. Don’t tell me….. You actually missed hearing their sappiness…?”

“I am so not missing it!” Yerin said. “It’s just weird….”

“….”

“Why are you staring at me like that?! I am telling you, I am not missing their sappiness or anything like that okay?”

“…”

SinB talked in really small voice, “You definitely are…” But, Yerin heard her and as a result a doll is thrown at her.

--

 

A/N ; do you know which overseas concert featured here? :D