how did the universe come up with you

Pillow Talk

 

“Eunha,  you know that I love you, right?” Sowon asked.

Eunha nodded slowly, she’s still munching on her snacks.

“So, I love you a lot, like a whole lot. But, I swear, if you keep on leaving your used plates on the sink without soaking them up with soapy water, I will do things that will make you regret it,” Sowon put her hands on her hips. “Like, confiscating your snacks.”

Eunha stopped munching on her snacks. She gaped at Sowon. “What—no! But—“

Sowon raised her eyebrow, as if challenging Eunha to dare protesting her. Eunha closed . Sowon smirked. “Yeah, I thought so too.”

Eunha grumbled under her breath, “Well, aren’t you being sweet…”

--

Eunha put a cup of milk on the desk beside Sowon’s books and papers. “For you.”

Sowon threw her a sweet smile. “Why, thank you.”

“You have been studying for hours,” Eunha complained, “I miss you.”

“Well, the exam will last for two more days, so you are going to miss me for two more days.”

“Darn it,” Eunha sighed.

“Uhuh,” Sowon agreed. She processed to take a sip of the milk then made a face at it. “It’s hot.”

Eunha took the mug from Sowon, blew it and gave it back at Sowon. “There you go.”

Sowon smiled at her, a little sweeter than the one from before. “I love you.”

Eunha grinned back. “I love you, unnie.” she looked at the papers scattered around the table. “Will it be okay if I stay here?”

“Of course, why won’t it?” Sowon asked, surprised at the question.

Eunha shrugged. “I miss you and I want to be around you.”

Sowon bit her lips. “You are terribly cute.”

“I know,” Eunha winked. She leaned down to kiss Sowon’s cheek. “And so are you, my terribly cute girlfriend.”

A look passed between them before a smile broke out of their lips. Eunha walked toward the bed. “I will stay here.”

Sowon nodded.

--

Eunha played with her phone for a few minutes before she settled her attention at Sowon’s back. She’s been staring for minutes.

“What is it, Eunha?” Sowon asked without turning her head from her books.

“Huh?” Eunha blinked.

“You are staring,” Sowon said again.

“What—how do you know?” Eunha was surprised. She has been staring at Sowon so she knew that Sowon didn’t turn to her, so how did the older girl know what she’s been doing.

“I just got a feeling. So, are you?” Sowon asked again, as if she heard Eunha’s nonverbal question.

Instead of replying, Eunha eyed the books and papers on Sowon’s desk. “Unnie, read your books out loud for me.”

“Hm?”

“Maybe if you read it out aloud, you could remember it better?”

“Ah, it might be bore you to sleep, you know?”

“It’s okay, I wouldn’t mind,” Eunha said again. She sat on the bed.

“Uhuh, alright then.” Sowon started to read a passage from her book. “A simile is a figure of speech that directly compares two things.”

Eunha walked toward Sowon.

“Although similes and metaphors are similar, similes explicitly use connecting words. Such as like, as, so, than, or various verbs such as resemble), though these specific words are not always necessary. While similes are mainly used in forms of poetry—Eunha...”

“Hm?” Eunha hummed softly.

“Eunha, if you are doing that—“

Eunha has moved to stand behind Sowon and started to plant kisses on the top of Sowon’s head. “What is it, unnie?”

“You know what you are doing—“

Eunha smirked. She planted another kiss on Sowon’s shoulder.

“I can’t concentrate—“ Sowon started to say.

“Alright, I will stop,” Eunha said. She placed both of her hands on top of Sowon’s shoulder. But, she didn’t really stopping what she did. After Sowon read a few more lines, Eunha started to plant another kisses.

“While similes are mainly used in forms of poetry that compare the inanimate and the living, there are also terms in which similes and personifications are used for humorous purposes and comparison—Eunha…” Sowon said again.

Eunha planted another kiss to Sowon’s neck. By this point, Sowon was already turning to her. “Eunha,” Sowon said breathlessly.

Eunha stopped on her track. Then Sowon pulled her onto her lap. “You are too distracting. I thought you want me to finish studying faster?”

“What did I do?” Eunha asked innocently. Her hands were fiddling with Sowon’s hair. She leaned down to kiss Sowon’s cheek.

“Distracting me.” Sowon whined with reddened cheeks.

Eunha tried to fight a smile to form on her lips which was difficult because Sowon looked so cute then. “God, you are so cute, you know?” she drew Sowon’s face close to her with both hands and kissed her lips. Sowon tasted like milk, sweet and warm. Eunha felt Sowon leaned closer against her.

Eunha pecked Sowon’s lips again. She just wanted to tease Sowon. Really. But, when Sowon kissed her back, it became impossible for Eunha to stop. So, they kissed and kissed. Until Sowon leaned back and rested her head against Eunha’s shoulder while Eunha rested hers against Sowon’s head.

“We should probably sleep. I can’t study like this,” Sowon groaned.

Eunha hummed. “Do you hate it? Me, distracting you?”

Sowon tilted her head from her position on Eunha’s shoulder. She stared at Eunha for a few moments. “You know people said drinking milk at night when we’re about to sleep will help us grow taller. Maybe you should be the one drinking it, instead of me.”

“What?!” Eunha huffed.

“You are short, you know.”

Eunha pushed Sowon away from her but her action was making her almost fell off Sowon’s lap. Before she managed to fall on her bum, Sowon pulled her toward her. Eunha gazed down at Sowon’s smirk.

“You are short, but you are my shortie. Besides, you are the perfect height for me to rest my chin on your head.” As if to emphasize her point, Sowon carried Eunha to her bed. All the while, Eunha was squealing, either in angry or the opposite of angry which would be happiness and Sowon would like to think that it’s the latter.

Sowon put Eunha on the bed slowly. She pulled Eunha toward her. “And the perfect height to cuddle.”

Eunha made a face. “Yah! Does it mean that you dislike me if I am taller?”

Sowon laughed. “I love you. Tall. Short. I love you.” Sowon stared at Eunha. “I love your personality. I love your smile. I love your laugh. I love the way you make me feel, the kind of feel I haven’t felt before, until you. I love the beautiful you, like you on the outside is beautiful, the you in the inside is beautiful as well. I love your tears. I love your anger. I love you. You. I love you.”

Eunha smiled. “You have that look now.” Eunha placed her hand on Sowon’s cheek.

“What look?”

“Your ‘I love you so much and I could only see you’ look,” Eunha replied softly, smiling.

“Oh, is that a problem?” Sowon teased, “Do you dislike it?”

Eunha giggled, because it sounded so absurd that she would ever dislike it, when Sowon looked at her as if she’s the most precious, as if it’s only her in the whole world. So, no, she would never get tired of the way Sowon’s eyes light up and filled with so much love like this. “No, I love it,” Eunha replied with a hint of wonder.

A few moments passed between them when they’re just staying silent with a smile on their faces.

“Never tired of it too. It’s something I love from you,” Eunha said, eyes glittering in happiness.

Their hands were interlocked together. Foreheads were pressing against one another.

“I am captivated by you, you know?” Eunha asked.

“Hm?”

“Like I fell for your laugh, it’s contagious. Utterly, totally contagious. And your smile makes me giddy and mushy for no reason. No reason except for your smiles. And your jokes. Your jokes make me laugh whenever I remember it, even when I am doing something else, I just remember it. And suddenly I just burst out laughing. Just being with you could make my days brighter. A whole lot brighter. Like a dark grey cloud which has been following me perish when you are here.” Eunha kissed Sowon’s lips lightly. “Every time we spend together, I love it. It always leaves me wanting more.”

“You got that look on you,” Sowon stated.

“What kind of look?” Eunha asked, grinning slightly.

“The ‘I have fallen for you and I want you to stay’ look,” Sowon answered, “I love that look on you.”

Eunha grinned from ear to ear. “So, stay. Stay and don’t leave. And the truth is, I love you.”

Sowon smiled. “I love you.”

“I know. And I don’t understand,” Eunha asked.

“What is it?”

“How did the universe come up with you? How did they create you? You are absolutely lovely, utterly beautiful, and your heart is where I want to stay and like wow, how can I not fall for you? When you are this amazing,” Eunha mused.

“You are a sap,” Sowon said with a smile, faint blush on her face.

And Eunha’s happy that she could be the reason for that smile, a smile so beautiful that Eunha’s inside was freaking out and it started to turn into goo. So, she kissed that smile with a smile of her own.

--

 

 

a/n :

(´ ᴗ`✿)

thank you for reading and commenting till now <3