Precious People

Pillow Talk

Yuju looked at the pair in front of her. One is being sulky and one is trying to cheer the other up. Unconsciously, a smile make its way into Yuju’s face. She felt a tap to her shoulder. Yuju turned her head to find Yerin’s amused smile. Yuju tilted her head in response.

“You are going to spend two nights with them, right?” Yerin asked. She pointed at the two people Yuju’s been observing.

“Huh? Yeah, I guess so?”

“Well…well,” Yerin smacked Yuju’s back none too gently. “I hope you’ll enjoy it then~”

“Enjoy? Enjoy what exactly?” Yuju asked.

“Well, let’s just said that you are going to experience what I felt when I am with them,” Yerin smirked.

Yuju looked at the pair in question. She only shrugged her shoulder at Yerin. “What’s the worst could happen?”

“Ooh, a lot of things,” Yerin still smirked at her.

Yuju become suspicious at Yerin. She didn’t like the way Yerin smirked at her, it just spelled trouble. But, Yuju just shrugged it off as one of Yerin’s antics. She went back to observe her travel buddies for the upcoming days in Europe. Their leader and the resident mental maknae. She noticed that Sowon’s pout has been replaced by a really wide smile. Eunha has a small laugh of her own as well. It seemed like whatever trouble Sowon has, Eunha was able to lift it up.

Yerin was still giving her sly smiles. Yuju shook her head. She decided to ignore it for now. Because, really what’s so bad about spending time with those two?

--

When they have arrived at the hotel, they found out that the room only has one king size bed and one sofa bed. They only have two beds. So, two people will need to share a bed. Yuju looked at the tightly intertwining hands of Sowon and Eunha. She smiled and claimed the sofa bed as hers.

“You two should use the main bed. I will sleep here,” Yuju said as she plopped down on the sofa bed.

“Eh? Are you sure about that?” Sowon asked. Brows knitted together.

“The sofa bed may not be comfortable. We could all share the king size bed, you know?” Eunha asked.

“It is big enough for the three of us, Yuju,” Sowon said.

Yuju shook her head. Because really, it’s a given that Sowon and Eunha are going to share the same bed. And for some reason, it doesn’t feel right if she shared that bed as well.

“Nah, I will sleep here, unnie,” Yuju said, “And, don’t worry, it is comfortable enough for me. It’s soft, you see?” Yuju demonstrated by jumping on the sofa bed.

“Whoa, okay. I believe you.” Sowon laughed. “Be careful, you are going to fall.” Sowon pulled Yuju down from the sofa bed.

Yuju laughed as well while Eunha smiled at them.

Suddenly, the bell was ringing. Yerin and SinB energetic voice could be heard over the sounds of the bell.

--

It was raining when they toured the city. Yuju really liked Vienna’s atmosphere. Yuju noticed that though Eunha has her own umbrella, she gave hers to Yuju while she herself went under Sowon’s umbrella. She also noticed that Eunha looped her hand around Sowon’s arm automatically once they started walking.

It’s cold! Yuju was thankful for Sowon’s coat. The latter has lent her coat to Yuju, stating that it’s going to be cold so thicker clothes was better while Sowon fussed over Eunha’s choice of short pants.

--

“You are going to get sick!” Sowon scolded Eunha.

“It is going to be okay, if I do get sick, unnie will be there to nurse me, right?” Eunha cheekily answered. She completed it with a wink. “Besides, don’t you think I look good wearing it?”

Yuju thought she’s imagining things, but for a moment Sowon looked like she’s melting. And even though Sowon often looked like that at anything Eunha, something about the way Sowon gazed at Eunha stirred something inside of Yuju, like she has that kind of gaze long ago. Yuju can’t remember when or who.

“Of course you look good wearing it! You look good in everything, Eunha,” Sowon said, “Just, wear a thicker coat, ‘kay?”

Eunha nodded in satisfaction. “Besides, if it’s getting colder, I have a solid reason to get as close as possible to you,” Eunha whispered, “You know, with the camera around and all that?”

Yuju was sure that Eunha has meant it for Sowon’s ears only. But, being at close proximity she can’t help it but hear it as well.

Sowon blushed. And Yuju wanted to squeal at how cute Sowon’s looked.

--

Right now, judging at how close Eunha was sticking to Sowon, Yuju believed that Eunha stayed true to her intention. Yuju shook her head… because her same age friend may have been planning it in advance.

Oh, that store looked beautiful! Yuju’s attention has been diverted to the stores lining up throughout the streets. She can’t read the map well and she decided to just leave everything to the pair in front of her and followed them around while sightseeing.

Why does everything feel nostalgic here? Yuju can’t stop thinking like that while she walked around the city.

After walking for about fifteen minutes, Yuju has a feeling that they have passed the same road twice? After walking for another five minutes, Yuju concluded that they were indeed lost. She still followed them though.

And Yuju was glad that she kind of able to speak English, because apparently it helped them to reach the tourist site.

It has stopped raining, for some reason, they are still sticking close to each other? Yuju has noted when Sowon called her to close her umbrella and share the same umbrella with Sowon and Eunha.

--

The tourist site was a beautiful cathedral. It looked really magnificent that everyone couldn’t stop admiring the building and taking a lot of pictures and saying woah.

Mozart! Mozart was once here! I was breathing on the same air as he once did. The same building, the same view, woah!

And woah…. Everything is so beautiful here. Wow, human from the past are amazing to be able to build this…

--

Once Yuju was awaken from her stupor, she realized that Sowon and Eunha were nowhere in sight. She got confused but a place to pray caught her eyes. She walked there to admire the view.

Sowon and Eunha found her some time later. They were complaining about her disappearance. She could only laugh sheepishly at them.

--

“What do you think, Yuju? The tower wasn’t-?” Sowon looked behind her to find no one there. “What—Yuju isn’t here?! Where is she?”

Eunha turned to look as well. “Is she lost?! I thought she’s been following us?”

“Aish, that kid!” Sowon looked around the building worriedly.

Eunha was looking around as well.

Please be fine. Please don’t get hurt alone. Please- Sowon kept on repeating inside her head.

They found Yuju on the prayer bench. Relief washed over Sowon once she noticed that Yuju was fine. Nothing less and nothing more, the same Yuju that she last saw. She still wanted to scold her. Eunha has the same thought as her apparently as she scolded Yuju before Sowon opened .

“Yah! Don’t go around by yourself like that! Tell us where you want to go so we won’t get worried,” Eunha scolded Yuju.

“Alright, I am sorry, I won’t go by myself without telling anyone anymore,” Yuju said.

And then everything was back to normal. They could laugh it off once the worry dissipates.

--

Yuju thought that their visit to the record shop was eventful. Who would have thought that they will reenact some scenes from Eunha’s favorite movie.

“We don’t look at each other that way,” Sowon said. After she slapped her arms a few times, they ended up laughing and hugging each other.

Oh, but you totally look at each other that way. Everyone, literally everyone could see it. Yuju shook her head while she watched them tried to reenact the scene. A small smile on her face.

--

Why in the world are we going to ride a rollercoaster?! Is this thing even safe?!! Yuju wanted to scream in frustration. She kept on asking the guard of the safeness of the roller coaster.

“Yuju, are you okay?” Sowon has turned around from her seat in front of Yuju.

“Uh, yeah,” Yuju answered distractedly. She still tried to make sure that the safety bar was locked tightly.

“Don’t worry, it’s safe,” Sowon said again.

“Really? But-“ Yuju wanted to believe because Sowon never lied, if she said that it’s safe then, it will be safe.

--

Well, Yuju didn’t die. And the ride was actually quite fun. It wasn’t as scary as she has thought before. She’s glad she didn’t flat out reject it. She wanted to pat herself to celebrate it.

--

They watched a couple on a ferries wheel. For some reason, they thought that it will be a marriage proposal and dubbing the conversation the couple might have.

“You are the best,” Sowon said.

“Ah, really?” Eunha said.

“Will you marry me?” Sowon asked.

“Sure,” Eunha answered.

And then Sowon looked to the side and chuckled by herself.

Yuju wondered what’s going on Sowon’s mind because she looked weird for a moment. So was Eunha who turned to look at Sowon who only smiles at her. But, their dubbing play ended soon after.

--

Yuju wasn’t one for thrill but ferries wheel was super slow, it actually kind of make her bored. She wasn’t the only one, because soon after the other two started to reenact another scene from Eunha’s favorite movie. This time, it’s a kissing scene.

Yuju watched how they looked into each other. While she felt bad about what she’s about to do, she didn’t have any other choice, there’re cameras all around them. It will lead into a lot of troubles if they’re going for the kiss. So, Yuju interrupted them.

For some reason, it led into them teasing her about kiss and Yuju regretted it quite a lot once she realized that she’s trapped between them.

--

“So, you like that kind of proposal, huh?” Sowon asked. She has been laying down on the bed for some times and waited for Eunha to finish taking a bath.

Eunha laid down beside Sowon. “I do.” Eunha snuggled closer to Sowon while the latter pulled the blanket to cover both of their bodies.

“You smelled nice,” Sowon said. She played with Eunha’s hair.

“We smell the same, unnie. We used the same shampoo and soap.” Eunha giggled.

“Ah, is that so? I still like it, though.”

“Because I smell like you,” Eunha stated, “I like the fact that you smell like me too, unnie.”

Sowon chuckled. “Anyway, I will keep it in mind that you liked that kind of proposal.”

“But, while I like that kind of proposal, it wasn't my favorite proposal. I have been proposed before, you know? And it was much more amazing than the one we just watched. I like that one better than the one on the ferries wheel.”

“Yeah?”

Eunha nodded. “Long time ago, this wonderful person proposed to me with a flower crown and a pair of butterfly earring. The proposal was sudden and I don’t think she has planned it for long.”

“Yeah, I don’t think that person has make a throughout plan for it. She just sort of thought about wanting to marry you and spend the rest of her life with you,” Sowon said softly, “And she’s sorry if she has startled you at that time.”

“I am not feeling sorry. I am startled, yes. But, I am also super super happy with it.”

“You do?”

“I do. I still feel happy right now when I remember that. And you know, that day, we also had our first kiss. Though that girl took a really long time to kiss me.”

Sowon chuckled. “Because I don’t want to do things that you don’t want to do.”

“I know. But, I had wanted to do that. To kiss you, to feel you, to hug you, to comfort you… to be with you…”

“Eunbi…” Sowon voice was hushed and croaky.

“I want you, I want to do a lot of things with you, Sojung-unnie. I had answered ‘I do’ at that time, that hasn’t changed. Even now, if you ask me, I will answer ‘yes, I want to spend the rest of my days with you’ because I loved you then and I love you now…”

Sowon felt like she’s going to explode. She wasn’t sure how should she react to that. So, she kept on looking at Eunha.

“Sojung-unnie?”

“Can I kiss you?” Sowon asked softly. Sowon decided that a kiss will be enough to calm herself down. Becase something inside her was exploding, something dangerous and something that she wasn't sure either her or Eunha ready for it even though Eunha was the reason for it to be exploding in the first place. Sowon tried to supress down what she felt. She can't have it now, she just can't.

Eunha answered by pressing her lips against Sowon’s.

Their kiss was gentle and soft.

“I love you,” Sowon whispered. Because it's true. And because she didn't know any other way to explain what she felt.

“I love you too, unnie.”

They fall asleep on each other arms.

--

Yuju was supposed to be asleep. And she really really didn’t want to hear about it. Why in the world the wall is so thin? Why in the world I got stomach ache at this kind of the time?

Yuju was inside the toilet. She didn’t mean to but she heard it. She heard their hushed confession. Yuju known then, that she has make the right choice of sleeping on the sofa bed instead of the main bed with them. It wouldn’t feel right because it felt like Yuju has been intruding into their moments.

Yuju flushed the toilet and washed her hands. Once she laid down on her bed, Yuju kept on thinking about her travel companions. Her mind wandered to the past. To the moment where Eunha told her that she’s been in love with her. That Eunha liked her a lot. Yuju has rejected her then. Because Yuju just couldn’t fathom the idea of Eunha fall for her. The way Yuju saw it, it’s more adoration than a stronger feeling of like. Wasn’t even love.

And also because Yuju has watched how Eunha behaved around Sowon. Eunha has always chosen Sowon over other kids. Wherever Sowon went, Eunha would follow. Whatever Sowon did, Eunha would also do that. Eunha’s whole attention always put on Sowon whenever she caught Sowon’s presence.

And really, if it’s the three of them, there are times where Yuju felt like she’s invisible. But, Yuju also knew that it happened to everyone else who’s been in the same vicinity with those two. It’s cliché but, Yuju thought that maybe everyone else disappears when Sowon and Eunha are together.

And Yuju remembered when she saw Sowon melt because of Eunha. There’re many moments, but this one moment stood out for her. That time when Eunha cut her hair short.

--

“Eh? You cut your hair?” Yuju asked once Eunha was coming back from the beauty salon.

Eunha grinned. “Yeah. I want to change myself, so I cut it. Don’t I look good like this?”

Yuju nodded. When she’s about to compliment Eunha, Sowon come out of the kitchen and approached them. Yuju remembered the look on Sowon’s face when she noticed Eunha’s haircut.

“You cut it,” Sowon said. Her voice was filled with awe.

Eunha suddenly looked so bashful. “Yeah, I am not sure if it fit me, though?”

“What are you talking about?” Sowon took a strand of Eunha’s hair. “You looked really good with it. Whether it’s short or long, our Eunha is always so beautiful.”  Sowon sounded so sincere about it. Like in her eyes, Eunha is indeed the most beautiful.

“Unnie…”

And they looked into each other eyes. And Yuju knew that she become invisible then.

“Unnie, the soup has been boiling since then, what should we do with it?” Umji’s voice could be heard from the kitchen.

The trance between Sowon and Eunha have been cut.

“Okay, I will come there soon,” Sowon shouted, “Alright, let’s talk later, I need to go to the kitchen first.”

Right when Sowon was about to leave, Eunha managed to grip the hem of Sowon’s clothes. Sowon looked back in confusion.

“Unnie….” Eunha started to say. She’s fidgeting.

“Yeah?” Sowon asked.

“Unnie I… I am staying.”

“Huh?”

“With you.  I am staying with you,” Eunha said firmly.

“You mean that you want to go the kitchen with me?” Sowon asked.

“No, yes…no—I mean, yeah I will go there with you, but no, I don’t mean only that. I am staying here with you. Unnie, my answer to you. I will follow you, wherever you go.”

“Why?”

“Because I need you. Because unnie is irreplaceable. Because you are precious to me.”

“Okay,” Sowon smiled. “For now, let’s just go to the kitchen first? We’ll talk about it later, ‘kay?”

Sowon offered her hand at Eunha who took it happily.

--

Yuju prayed that her beloved leader and her precious friend will have a lot of happiness and that no matter what kind of obstacles stand in front of them that they’ll be able to walk through it. Because she has seen how happy they make each other. And in the end, Yuju just wanted her precious people to be happy.

 

--

 

A/N : because Yuju looked so out of it during their first trip together. she even got lost! you know which trip that's been featured here, right? anyway, enjoy~