Restless and 200/100 Leader

Pillow Talk

It is one of those days when SinB felt restless and anxious and she can’t stop fidgeting. She worried of Umji who has hurt herself. She worried of the upcoming exams. She worried of her own injuries. She worried of Yuju’s injury. She wondered if one by one they are going to get injuries until all of the members are collapsing from fatigue. She is happy they have so many new opportunities and they are still so new so they will take every offer. She wanted to do everything well. Who know what would happen if they decline the offers? Would their future still be bright? Would they still get another job offers?

She is pacing the living room to kitchen to living room to the kitchen and kept going like that. SinB is tired and she wanted to rest but there are still so many things to do.

During her tenth time circling the room, Sowon called her to the laundry room.

“What is it, unnie?”

“Why don’t you help me folding the clothes instead of pacing back and forth like that?”

SinB looked around the room and found out that Eunha is already there.

“Eunha-unnie is already helping you, you don’t need my help.”

Sowon laughed and pointed at the mountain of clothes behind her.

SinB grumbled, “How come there are only six of us but the clothes are like for ten or more people?!” Despite her words, she sat beside Sowon and started to fold the clothes.

“Because you are shedding clothes like a cat on heat,” Eunha quipped.

“I do not shed!” SinB protested. “And cats don’t shed!”

“You do! And you are like a cat,” Eunha countered, “A restless black cat during a rainy day!”

“What-?! How come you are oddly specific about the type of cat anyway?!”

Before it went to full blown war between Eunha and SinB, what with SinB already positioned the clothes on her hands a weapon to throw and Eunha doing the same, Sowon decided it is time to interfere.

“Shush, whether or not we are shedding our clothes, we still need to fold it, kay,” Sowon took the clothes on SinB and Eunha’s hands. “And please don’t throw our clean clothes. We might need, nah, Yerin might need to wash it again, and I think she won’t be happy about it.”

Eunha and SinB stick out their tongue at each other but otherwise not in fighting stance.

After folding for about ten minutes, SinB stopped and laid down on the floor.

“It is too much, unnie. We are going to finish it at midnight and you won’t have time to cook us dinner-and if we don’t have dinner, we are going to be tired, and we still had-“

“SinB, don’t worry about that. We are going to finish it all in like an hour, dinner is at six and it is only one pm, and you just had lunch how come you are already thinking about dinner? We still have so much times left,” Sowon said.

“But, unnie…”

“The future is not certain, SinB. Even if so many bad things happened, even if we worried of the uncertainty in our future, even if the worries piled up till we get anxiety, in the end, worrying wouldn’t solve anything.

“We worry about whether we could fold all of the clothes, about whether we could cook dinner on time, and about being able to do our job well. We worry a lot and while we keep on worrying, the time wouldn’t stop for us, the time will keep on ticking away. And you know, the laundry wouldn’t fold itself. And in the end, we wouldn’t accomplish anything. If it is like that, what is the best thing we should do, SinB?”

“Hm…”

“We should start by folding it one by one, of course. To worry about the past is okay, to worry about the future is okay, too. Because, by worrying, we could make a plan about what to do so that our worries wouldn’t come true.

“But, by simply planning, wouldn’t make things moving. We should start moving too, SinB. It will be a good idea to start by doing what we can do now. Like, folding this laundry one by one, and without realizing it, the pile of the laundry will be replaced by these neat folded clothes. If your anxiety and worries have been piled up, just let yourself loose by playing games, by folding clothes, or maybe by simply talking to a friend,” Sowon finished with a small smile.

It is silence for a moment until SinB laughed and laughed and stopping to take a breath and started to laugh again. She laughed until tears come out of her eyes. Sowon looked a bit hurt by that. Eunha looked highly offended by that. Her Sowon-unnie is making a nice speech but SinB laughed like she just heard a joke. Eunha is so going to do things to SinB, murderous things.

“Okay, stop looking at me like you are going to kill me, Eunha-unnie,” SinB said.

“Explain,” Eunha said.

“I laughed because—I don’t mean to hurt you, Sowon-unnie—I am sorry,” SinB said, “I laughed because you are saying that you are a fifty point leader, but you are definitely a 200/100 leader, unnie. Just so funny for me you rank yourself so low. But, you know about what’s going on in my mind even if I don’t say anything. That is a leader like things to do, an unnie like things to do. Be more confident in yourself. I love you. You are an amazing leader, Sowon-unnie.”

SinB smiled at Sowon. She has made a resolution and she will stick to it. Yeah, I just gotta do what I could. Worrying wouldn’t solve anything…

Sowon reached out her hands to ruffle SinB’s hair affectionately. “Aren’t you being cute, today?”

SinB just close her right eyes and let Sowon tousled her hair up. But, it doesn’t mean that she won’t complain. “Unnie, you are messing my hair!” SinB looked at Eunha, “And you, Eunha-unnie, I love Sowon-unnie, but my love is different from your love. What I mean to say is, don’t look at me like that, like you are going to burn me alive. Don’t be jealous...,” SinB eyed the crumpled clothes on Eunha’s hands, “And, we are supposed to fold it not destroying it?”

Sowon raised her eyebrow at that and took the crumpled clothes from Eunha. “How cute of you to be jealous like this,” Sowon took both of Eunha’s hands and cover it with her palms.

Eunha looked up at Sowon who looked at her. And they smile at each other. The distance between their face is shortening.

Right now, SinB knew what Yerin mean when she complained about Sowon and Eunha’s affectionate gestures. Ugh, these two!

“O…kay… You two are being gross, right now,” SinB said.

Sowon and Eunha are still in their own world. So, SinB threw a piece of clothes at them. “Stop that, I don’t want to watch you kiss. Wait, it might be fun…. So, please continue… just think that I am not here— wait, you already did.”

“Yah, Hwang Eun-bi!”

“I didn’t raise you to be like that?!”

“….But, you aren’t—“

Sowon pinched SinB’s cheek.

SinB sighed.

“Don’t sigh like that—“ Sowon started to say.

“One sigh equal with one happiness going away, too many and none left,” SinB cut. Yerin already complained about that one at her, so she just knew what Sowon is going to say.

“If you already know, then don’t do that!” Sowon pinched her other cheek.

Oh, my poor poor cheeks. SinB pouted.

 

--

The 200/100 leader is currently laying her head on Eunha’s lap. It is raining and the moist weather is perfect for a nap. Eunha played with her hands and start to hum to herself. It makes Sowon sleepy, at least, until Eunha stopped humming and only looked down at her.

“Hrm?” Sowon sleepily asked.

“You are weird, unnie,” Eunha stated.

“Yeah?”

Eunha nodded. “The one who worry the most between the six of us is you. The one who has restless sleep the night SinB collapsed at the stage was you. The one who make sure Yuju has the right step whenever she danced in the rain was you. The one who keep on checking up on Umji’s condition is you. And the one who tell Yerin-unnie that her tears are beautiful so it is okay to cry on stage was you.”

“I did?”

Eunha nodded again. “Yeah, you did. Yet, you are saying those words to SinB.”

Sowon turned her head so that she faced Eunha’s stomach. Her hands played with the hem of Eunha’s clothes. “I am perhaps only reminding myself. While I talked to SinB, I realized that I need to make myself remember that it is okay to stop and rest. And that worrying wouldn’t solve anything. Except if we are doing something about it.”

“Mmh...”

“Besides, worrying is my job. You kids shouldn’t worry about stuffs like these. Just left all that thinking and worry at your unnie.”

“And what would we do, if all is left on you?”

“Just play around and do things all of you are passionate about,” Sowon said.

“What are you? Our mother?”

“What do you think is the answer, Eunha?”

Eunha only shook her head, “The answer? The answer is simple, unnie. You are my girlfriend and I love you,” Eunha took a strand of Sowon’s hair, “Even if you are the oldest, it doesn’t mean that you should bear everything on your shoulder alone, unnie.”

“Okay, as you wish… girlfriend,” Sowon giggled.

Eunha lifted Sowon’s chin up. “Can’t I do anything to help you?”

Sowon smiled and pulled Eunha down to kiss her, “Just hold me and be by my side like this is enough.”

Eunha nodded and leaned down for another kiss. “Have I told you that I like kissing you?”

Sowon laughed. “You haven’t but enough talking and just kiss me already?”

Eunha is more than happy to comply.

 

--

 

“Of course they are like that,” Yerin said.

She and SinB are talking about Sowon and Eunha are always in their own world whenever they are together.

SinB took a pocky out of the box in Yerin’s hand. “Want to go to the convenience store with me, unnie?”

Yerin gasped.

“What is that reaction for?” SinB asked.

“Are you asking me out on a date, SinB?”

“What? No, I ask you to go to the convenience store with me. How do you go from a convenience store to a date?”

“That wasn’t a date?”

SinB shook her head.

“Oh…” Yerin said.

“Why are you sounding so disappointed anyway? If I was to take you out on a date, and I said If, it wouldn’t be to a convenience store, unnie.”

“Uh..huh..”

“I will take you out on a fancy dinner or taking a stroll on a beautiful city, or maybe we could go paragliding… so you could get rid of your fear of high places.”

“No wait, the first two things you said are cute. The last one isn’t! What kind of a date is paragliding anyway?! You are going to make me cry!”

“That will be cute, unnie. That will be a successful date, no? To be able to move you into tears on a date?”

Yerin gaped at how serious SinB sounded. “You have a twisted thought of how a moving date should be! That will be tears of horror instead of tears of happiness, you idiot!” Yerin punched SinB arms.

They spend the rest of their afternoon bickering about a right date and a wrong kind of date. Of course, it involved bodily harm on SinB’s poor arms. But, Yerin thought that SinB deserved it. What kind of a horror date is paragliding?!

Despite that, if SinB is asking ask her to go on that paragliding date, Yerin knew that she is going to agree and go with her.

 

--

 

A/N : because Sowon is indeed a 200/100 leader.