the little things

Pillow Talk

 

 

Eunha put her hand inside her coat’s pocket. Warmth spread through her hand when her hand met another hand inside her pocket. The corner of her lips curled up into a small smile when their fingers intertwined tightly. A light squeeze made Eunha turned to her side, she grinned at the grin on Sowon’s face. Holding hands inside a pocket of one of their coat made Eunha felt strangely giddy.

They walked side by side and though the road was busy and everyone was talking amongst themselves, Eunha was just barely processing everything around her, everything was a blur for her. Because she’s focusing all of her attention at the woman beside her.

Because just like this, just talking and walking like this, the world has vanished around them. They’re in their own world.

--

“Hey, why don’t you go out with me?”

The question was simple but Eunha’s heart was beating rapidly. “Go out?” Eunha gulped her cookies with difficulty. “Sowon-unnie, what do you mean?”

Sowon smiled. “It means, share our cookies with each other.” Sowon took a cookie out of Eunha’s hand, brought it to her lips, and ate it. “When it’s too cold, let’s hold hands.” Sowon placed her hand on top of Eunha’s. “And when everything is too tiring, let’s fall asleep together.”

Eunha’s mind was reeling. Sure, she has an inkling that somehow along the way, Sowon was in love with her. Though Sowon has never said it before but it’s been shown from how she has treated her. And Sowon’s ‘go out’ sounded very much like ‘love.’

Sowon ruffled her hair. “What are you being so confused for? Don’t worry, just answer it when you’re ready.”

--

“What are you thinking about?” Sowon asked. She laid her head down on Eunha’s shoulder.

Eunha hooked her arm around Sowon’s arm. “Nothing, I just remember your definition of ‘going out’”

“Definition?”

“You said, going out with you means, share our cookies with each other.” Eunha looked at Sowon. “And I believe that we did.”

Sowon chuckled.

Eunha continued, “When it’s too cold, let’s hold hands.” Eunha leaned her head on top of Sowon’s head. “And when everything is too tiring, let’s fall asleep together.”

“You remember.” Sowon’s voiced was full of curiosity.

“Because it’s been in my mind for so long.” Eunha turned to Sowon. “It kept me awake for a lot of nights. And distracted me during the days.”

“Ah…”

Eunha chuckled. “Then again, back then, I didn’t know how to answer to your heart.” Eunha stared at Sowon. “But, in the end, the heart wants what it wants, and it wants you.” Eunha looked at Sowon’s smile. “I realized. Realized that you were in my mind. And I wonder since when. How long you had stay there. And then it occurred to me, the fact that, you never left. You’re always, always here, ever since we met.”

Sowon smiled. “I am glad.”

Eunha smiled as well though she wondered why a sense of sadness trickled into her heart. She wondered why. Maybe at the relief dripping on Sowon’s words. Maybe, it’s at the smile on Sowon’s face. However, she put that into the back of her mind because Sowon was kissing her now. And though no fireworks exploding, it still filled every corner of Eunha’s heart, making her feel loved. And it's a familiar feeling. One that she loved.

--

Sowon gazed upon Eunha’s sleeping face. Her eyes fell at the window, it’s a starless night. Still, the night at the country they visited this time for their travelling show was beautiful. Sowon turned her eyes to Eunha again. Of course, of course, everything made better with Eunha being here with her. Eunha made everything better, made everything more bearable. And though its cliché, Sowon thought that everything’s beautiful because they’re together. Because they’re in love, the world was turning into all of these striking colors. The love-tinted glasses, they’re wearing that and the world wasn’t as dull anymore.

Sowon caressed Eunha’s cheek softly.

I wonder

I wonder if you ever know

If you ever realized

Every time I told you to always be safe

Or handing you my sweater

And hold your hands whenever it’s too cold

Even the simple ‘wear a seatbelt’

and ‘do you want to eat?’

I wonder

If you ever realized

All I am really saying

Is

I love you

I love you so much

Too much

And words have changed it’s meaning

Things that’s once meaning something else

I twist it

Onto my selfish love confession

I love you

And I wish you are in love with me

Always

Sowon kissed Eunha’s forehead softly. A soft whisper of “I love you” escaped from her lips. With one last look at Eunha, Sowon fell asleep.

--

Eunha’s eyes fluttered open. She looked at Sowon’s sleeping figure. “I know. I always know the fact that you love me. The fact that your ‘I love you’ is scattered around the little things you do for me, the simple things you said to me. I know, unnie.” Eunha placed her head at the crook of Sowon’s neck. “I don’t think it’s possible. But, as days passed, I love you more than before. And I hope, you also know, that I love you so so so much. Too much.” She pressed a soft kiss along Sowon’s collarbone. “I love you.”

 

 

 

 

 

a/n:  。◕‿◕。 

hi, long time no see <3

enjoy and thank you for reading and commenting~