Rain is Falling

Pillow Talk

a/n :

brown = flashback

 

 

 

Eunha watched the scenery changed as the car passed through it. Seoul is pretty at night. She turned to look at her side and found herself smiling at the view. At the beautiful girl who’s been driving beside her.

“Hm? Why are you smiling?” the girl turned to her, eyebrows rose in confusion.

Eunha shook her head. “Because I am with you, Sowon-unnie.”

Sowon smiled. She used her free hand to pat Eunha’s head. Sliding her hand down to grip Eunha’s hand in hers. “So, do you have a destination in mind?”

“Hm… I don’t know, unnie.” Eunha played with Sowon’s thumb. “Anywhere is fine because it’s with you.” Eunha grinned at Sowon.

Sowon bit her lips. “You are being too much, right now.”

“Am I now?” Eunha grinned wider. “But, you love me this way.”

“Hmpfh, cheeky.”

Eunha chuckled. “I mean, who’s the one that’s been storming out of the room and bring me on this ride?”

“And who’s the one being jealous before?” Sowon asked.

Eunha pouted. “Because you are being too much. I mean you’re sticking close to Yuju and SinB, acting all cute and sweet with them.” Eunha stared at her lap.

“Actually, who are you being jealous of, Eunha? Me? Or Yuju?” Sowon asked softly, eyes were set on the road ahead.

Eunha looked up from her lap so fast at the tone of Sowon’s voice. The soft and slightly sad tone and so full of doubts. Eunha tried to get Sowon to turn her way by pulling on the latter’s hand. Still, the older girl was refusing to look her way. And Eunha wondered how they could enter this tense mood while they’re just laughing a moment before.

--

 

Sowon kept an eye on Eunha from her peripheral vision. Her heart ache and she wanted to turn to comfort the younger girl but she’s—she needed answer. Because lately, Sowon’s heart is filled with worries and pains.

The moment it’s announced that the same age friends were going to be roommate, Eunha jumped around, looked so so so happy. And Sowon’s heart swelled with pain. Still, she smiled. Because that’s the right thing to do.

Sowon looked at the smile on Eunha’s face. The sparkles on her eyes. All was caused by Yuju. Eunha was talking to Yuju. They’re laughing. Together. Eunha leaned closer to Yuju’s ear, whispering, and giggling. And her stomach was twisting and churning. Oh, who is she kidding, Eunha adored adores Yuju. A lot. A whole lot. Her heart was doing a free fall and Sowon could do nothing to stop it from falling, from spiraling out of control.

Sowon was hurt and jealous. And she mused that maybe Eunha is in love with Yuju instead of her. Maybe everything is just a big misunderstanding. Because Sowon realized that she loves Eunha more. And she’s okay with it. Really. Just that sometimes her heart was beating so slow it hurts.

Sowon has made a plan to take Eunha out on a picnic date, she has borrowed the key from their manager and promised to be back right on time. So, this driving wasn’t an impromptu date like what Eunha has thought. Sowon was going to ask her but the younger girl was being too much today. Sowon’s heart, which has been spiraling out of control, was starting to explode. So, Sowon pulled Eunha out of the room without saying anything. If Eunha shook her hands off though, if Eunha did that, Sowon’s heart is going to crack even more than before. Because in the end, Sowon is sure that she’ll let Eunha go, if the younger girl is repulsed by her action.

Eunha did nothing of the sort though. She’s following her quietly. And if anything, she looked kind of happy as well, which confused Sowon.

--

Well, Eunha thought that two could play this game. If Sowon was going to be like that, she’s going to be like this. Eunha watched Sowon laughed and being really close with SinB and Yuju. She huffed and stormed toward them.

Eunha clung onto Yuju’s other arm, she pulled her closer and whisper some jokes that are apparently liked by Yuju because they made her laugh. Eunha, for her part, she’s genuinely enjoying Yuju’s company. Eunha listened attentively as Yuju was recalling her dreams.  Yuju is cute, Eunha concluded. She adored her same age friend a lot. It’s just supposed to make her girlfriend jealous, yet Eunha was enjoying it way too much.

So, when Sowon came and called her, Eunha was startled.

“Eunha… could you tell me what are you doing?” Sowon gazed deeply into her eyes. And in it, in it Eunha caught something like hurt. And Eunha’s heart ached.

“Because I am jealous.” Eunha replied.

She watched Sowon took a deep breath then when Sowon’s eyes were on her again, the older girl was looking determined. Eunha felt her hand was being pulled by Sowon. She followed the older girl out of their dorm and into this car. Sowon didn’t forget to check on Eunha’s seatbelt and fasten it.

Eunha wondered if the older girl was jealous too, that’s why this impromptu driving happened. She briefly wondered where Sowon got the key. But, the thought of going on a date with Sowon made her happy. Because, it’s just the two of them.

--

Sowon parked the car and turned the engine off. Eunha’s eyes swept off the scenery in front of her. They’re at the beach. Sowon was still refusing to look at her. Eunha looked around, she noticed an ice cream parlor. “Unnie, I’ll buy us ice cream. Maybe it could cool our head down.” Eunha started to unlock the door. “What flavor that you want?” she stopped and turned to Sowon.

“You.” Sowon looked straight at her. “If you are an ice cream flavor, you would be my favorite.”

For some reasons, Eunha’s heart was bursting in happiness and in pain. “Unnie…”

Sowon closed her eyes. “Sorry.”

“No, nonono. Why are you saying sorry?” Eunha turned to Sowon fully. She climbed into Sowon’s lap or tried to. She reached over Sowon to toggle Sowon’s chair loose. Now that there’s some space between the wheel and Sowon’s legs, Eunha successfully climbed into Sowon’s lap.

“Unnie, looked at me,” Eunha begged. “Unnie, please.”

Sowon opened her eyes slowly. To Eunha’s horror, she found it to be glazed over by unshed tears. “Why—unnie… why are you crying?”

“I don’t know?” Sowon replied softly.

“Unnie, I love you. I love you. I love you,” Eunha was repeatedly saying, “Unnie, don’t cry?” Eunha pulled Sowon into a hug.

“My question, you haven’t answered it.”

Eunha looked at Sowon. “Question?”

Sowon’s gaze was on her. And it’s piercing through her heart. Eunha swallowed a lump.

“The one who I get jealous of? It’s you, unnie.”

“Are you sure?”


“Unnie, why are you like this? The one I love is you not Yuju. Of course the one I get jealous is you.”

“It’s… hard to believe.”

Eunha’s heart broke at the crack on Sowon’s voice. “Unnie… My Sowon-unnie… My beloved unnie. I love you.” Eunha placed Sowon’s hand against her heart. “Feel it, unnie. it’s beating hard right now. Always like this because of you.”

The rain was pouring hard, so hard it’s knocking on the car’s roof, and it’s the only voice filling the silence inside the car.

“Unnie, it’s a lot like love, don’t you think? This heart that keeps on pounding hard,” Eunha said, “Unnie is so dazzling. So beautiful that I am afraid that you are going to be taken away from me. I don’t want anyone else to see your cuteness, your heart stopping smile, the face you made when you’re asleep or awake or happy. The little things you do when you’re angry or laughing. I don’t want anyone else to discover it and fall for you.”

“Eunha…”

“So, I get jealous because you are mine.” Eunha looked at the window, at the rain, “Like this rain that’s falling on the window, I fall for you because somehow you are entering my heart and build a home there.”

Sowon was still having tears in her eyes.

“And I love you, unnie. Do you hear it? My confession. My heart will die without you. So, stay with me, unnie. Because I love you and you love me.”

“Okay.”

“Okay?” Eunha cupped Sowon’s face.

“I love you.” Sowon smiled.

And Eunha kissed Sowon softly. Sowon kissed her back gently. Eunha pressed their foreheads together. Smiling and happy.

--

Until Eunha watched Sowon bit her lower lip that is. “Unnie, do you know?”

“Hm?” Sowon looked up at her, puppy eyes and heart eyes and so full of love. Eunha’s heart burst and started hiccupping.

“You have this look, unnie. And it drives me crazy,” Eunha said. She kissed Sowon hungrily. Because everytime it happened, Eunha couldn’t help herself. Sowon is driving her wild. And she wanted to do lot of things. Like kissing. And some other stuffs.

 

--

 

a/n :  。◕‿◕。 

enjoy and thank you for reading~