Home

Pillow Talk

Eunha opened her eyes and yawned. She turned to her side and greeted by Sowon's gentle smile. Eunha's own lips curved into a small smile. A light blush spread across her cheek.

"What is it?" Eunha asked.

"Hmm, I just thought that you look-"

"Like a cute fairy. I know, I am a cutie fairy," Eunha cut Sowon's words with a wink.

"Like home," Sowon said, "I want to say that you look like home. But, a cutie fairy could work too."

Eunha’s face couldn’t get any more red. She is sure she looked like a boiled crab. Eunha pulled her blanket until only her eyes visible.

"What is it? I am only telling you what I feel," Sowon lightly touched Eunha's nose, "Eunha, you look like—no, you are already home, my home."

At this, Eunha ducked even deeper under the blanket because among a lot of things she’d expected Sowon to say, she doesn’t expect this.

Sowon laughed at Eunha’s antics, “Why are you hiding?”

"I am—unnie! It's too early for this. I just wake up, don't attack me like that..."

"But, I am not?" Sowon tilted her head.

"I know that you're serious," Eunha peered from behind her blanket, “But, unnie sounds so sincere, it's kind of scary…?”

“Are you afraid of my feeling, Eunha?” Sowon said softly.

“You love me too much, unnie. I am afraid, I can’t—can’t make you happy. I am afraid that I would end up hurting you and—and someday, you’re going to cry because of me. I- I wouldn’t be able to forgive myself if that happened.”

“Why?”

“Unnie, am I worth it? Am I worthy of your love?” Eunha said. She felt like crying.

“Of course you are,” Sowon took a strand of Eunha's hair, “From your head to toe, you’re worthy of my love. From your head to toe, you are my whole galaxy.”

And Eunha is crying. Sowon is too much. She doesn’t worth that much of love. She doesn’t-

Sowon lifted Eunha’s chin gently and wiped her tears, “Stop that. Stop saying that you aren’t worthy of my love, Eunha.

“And you haven’t answered my question, why couldn’t you forgive yourself if you hurt me?”

Eunha looked down and muttered slowly, “I hate it when you got hurt. I don’t like seeing you crying. Moreover if I am the reason why you’re like that.”

“And, why is that?”

“Because it hurts,” Eunha said.

“It hurts me too when I see you hurt, Eunha. Do you know why?”

“Because you love me,” Eunha looked up at Sowon, a realization dawned on her, “Because I love you.”

Sowon smiled, “Isn’t it enough then? We love each other, so even if in the future you are hurting me, doesn’t that mean that I would have been hurting you too? And, even if things go down at that, at us hurting each other. Isn’t that okay? Because, in the end we will always try to never hurt each other.”

“Sowon-unnie…”

“Eunbi, my precious galaxy, don’t be afraid. Getting hurt is one of the proofs that we are alive,” Sowon hugged Eunha tightly, “And, you know, just being able to see you smiles already make me feel like I am the happiest, luckiest person on earth.”

Eunha sobbed into Sowon’s chest unceasingly, hands clutching at her pajamas. Sowon held her in silence, rubbing her back in circles slowly as her tears soaked her chest. After she calmed down, Eunha scrunched up her nose. Sowon laughed, “Do you know that you’re looking really cute, right now?”

“I am always cute,” Eunha grinned through tears streaking cheeks.

And Sowon could feel her heart beating fast. She is falling in love all over again seeing Eunha’s smiles. Eunha smiles could light the entire galaxy, Sowon’s galaxy.

“You are staring,” Eunha said.

“You looked really beautiful. It makes me want to kiss you.”

Butterflies are doing somersault inside Eunha’s stomach. She could feel her cheeks heated up. Eunha grazed Sowon’s lips with her thumb and she moved closer to Sowon. Eunha kissed Sowon's lips softly. Again and again, their lips met until they need to breathe.

Sowon rested her forehead against Eunha. Her gaze met Eunha's. And they stare at each other, both faces flushed pink. They smiled affectionately at each other.

“I love you, Eunbi.”

“I love you too, Sojung-unnie.”

Sowon's hand rested below Eunha's ear. Sowon's thumb gently caressed Eunha's cheek. Eunha run her fingers down Sowon's spine, pulling Sowon closer until their body touched, until all she could feel is Sowon's warmth engulfing her. Until she could feel Sowon's beating heart against her chest. And then Sowon pressed her lips against her again softly and gently and chaste. Eunha's body is filled with warmth, from her toe to her finger and to her ear, every inched of Eunha's body is bursting with love for Sowon. It’s warm and comfortable and safe and lovely.

 

--

 

Yerin is wide awake and she hears everything. And she swears that those two in the lower bunk are going to be her death. Death by too much sweetness. How could those two be like that so early in the morning? Yerin sighs when she noticed that it is only 5.30 in the morning.

“Stop sighing like that. One sigh equal with one happiness going away, too many and none left,” Sowon said.

Yerin sighs again.

“What did I just said?”

“Okay, mother,” Yerin sighed quietly.

“I heard that.”

Yerin groaned. You two are the source of my sighs tho….

--