- 3 more days

When everything falls apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-"Girls, did you see Yuri?"

Everyone in the room was surprised.

-"Jessica, we thought you two were together, what happened?" Tiffany asked worriedly, she could see tears on Jessica's face.

Jessica thought twice before replying. She hoped to find Yuri here, after her friend left the UTI unit desperately when she learned that Sooyoung would have to stay in a coma for 3 more days. Jessica only decided to go after her friend when it was difficult to stay in the same environment as the Sooyoung family who was also devastated by the news. She doesn't know what to do when people around her are sad. But she also doesn't know what to do when she finds Yuri who is obviously sad. Jessica sighed deeply and replied to her friend.

-"The doctors talked to us and Soo is still in a coma."

-"What?! She wasn't going to wake up today?" Yoona asked.

-"Not exactly." Jessica was also saddened by the news, but as optimism is not her strongest, she was not so hopeful that Sooyoung would be okay today. She spent hours in that UTI unit and could see the doctors' concern about her friend's health.

-"Jessica, can you explain better?" Sunny hurried her friend. All were eager for news of Sooyoung and Jessica was not helping.

Jessica looked around again to see if Yuri or Soojin could be around. "I'm terrible at telling things, Yuri would be a lot better. They're going to start asking me details and I will not be able to explain."

-"The doctors said Sooyoung is responding well to the treatment but is still very fragile so she will be left in a 3-day induced coma." Finally Jessica spoke.

-"3 more days ?! !" Hyoyeon was the first to react.

All the girls, including Stella, were devastated.

-"I can't believe?" Tiffany said putting her hands on the back of her neck.

Seo and Yoona comforted each other and Sunny, Taeyeon and Stella were astonished.

"Oh God, I left a place with 4 sad people and here are 7. What am I going to do?"

-"Hey, this is not the end of the world. Soo is fine, but her body is fragile, so doctors need those three days. The worst is over, now we just have to wait." Jessica tried to remember a few words from the doctors to cheer up her friends.

-"Is that true, Unnie?" Seo asked.

-"Yes, Seo. The biggest danger was the first 24 hours. Soo is still at risk, but much less than yesterday. Doctors don't want to wake her because it could be worse." All the girls were looking at Jessica with relief. "And I'm sure Soo will be fine."

-"Okay, we're going to get optimistic right, girls?" Tiffany asked, but she had no answers.

-"Girls?" She insisted.

-"Yesss!" Everyone answered even Stella.

-"Okay, now we have to find Yuri. She ran off before she heard the doctors' explanation and must be devastated." Jessica related worried about her friend who supported her during these terrible 24 hours.

-"Poor Yuri." Tiffany knew how hard it was for Yuri to hold this, but apparently she collapsed.

-"I think she's fine and I think I know where she is."  Stella said looking at the screen of her new cell phone.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

-"I can't believe I left Jessica there." Yuri laments. After hearing from the doctors that Sooyoung would continue in coma Yuri hurried out of the ICU unit. She did not want to hear any more. That was enough for her. Enough to know that her friend is not well, enough to know she will not see those big eyes open soon, enough to doubt if she will see them again.

If Yuri had been the example of optimism so far, it collapsed the moment she heard "but we're going to have to keep her in a coma for three more days." At that moment she understood Jessica's pessimism, understood why so many nurses came in and out of Sooyoung's room, understood why so many gadgets attached to her friend. "It seems that my optimism had blinded me to all this."

Ye-Jin wanted to hear news about Sooyoung, but seeing so many sad beautiful women in a room was making her anxious, and it had been more than 1 hour since she'd smoked the last time. She was trying to stop, but the anxiety of times like this doesn't help. As soon as she reached the garden she could see that she was not alone. Among her friends, she is the biggest fan of the Girls Generation and seeing her great idol in front of her was something she had not expected until two days ago, but with all this madness of the attack and Stella becoming friends with them all, she wait for this moment and It was a bit frustrating when she didn't see Yuri in the room today. "If she had been there I would not have gone out to smoke."

-"I think one of these can help you?" Ye-Jin offered Yuri a cigarette.

-"I don't smoke." Yuri answered without wanting much chat.

-"I know, but even then a cigarette can help, at least you save a poor plant from your anger." Ye-Jin pointed to the sheet Yuri was tearing with anger.

-"I can harm my health with your cigarette, but can't tear a plant?"

-"This poor plant doesn't deserve your anger, your lungs maybe."

Yuri sighed and stood still.

-"I'm Ye-Jin, Stella's friend, nice to meet you." Ye-Jin held out her hand, but Yuri didn't return the gesture.

-"I think one of the advantages of being famous is not having to present yourself right?"

-"What you want?" Yuri asked angrily."Please, leave me alone. My friend is not well and I need that moment alone." Yuri said in frustration.

-"So the news of Sooyoung's health come out?"

-"Yes."

-"Do you mind sharing?"

Yuri looked at her suspiciously.

-"My friend and your friends are in the room anxious for news."

-"She will have to stay in a coma three more days." Yuri replied without much detail.

-"Doctors just say that?"

-"I don't know, I left there before they finished."

-"And so now you're sad, angry, because you expected her to wake up today?"

-"Duh."

-"You know it's a procedure, right?"

-"What?"

-"This induced coma."

Yuri looked at her doubtfully.

-"They could get her out of the coma, but to make the best recovery, the ideal is to keep her that way. Her body is still very fragile and needs it to recover better. If she woke up today you and your friends would want to see her, right?

Yuri nodded.

-"And she would want to see you and her family, right?"

Yuri confirmed again.

-"Visits, anxiety in seeing family and friends would not help in Sooyoung recovery, so the induced coma is necessary."

-"How do you know all this?"

-"My ex-girlfriend is a doctor."

Yuri looked at her with surprise.

-"And another ex-girlfriend once had an accident and had that same procedure. The difference she betrayed me with the nurse. I don't think this will happen to Sooyoung." Ye-Jin tried to play with Yuri who smiled after that.

-"That certainly will not happen." Yuri smiled.

-"She was a cop."

-"Ouch. Cops are not popular around here."

-"Hahaha but she is cool. She's a player, but she's a good cop. We're still friends."

-"And now you want to take the cigarette to relieve it?"

-"Must have some law that prohibits offering cigarettes to idols." Yuri joked.

-"No, it doesn't. I'm a lawyer and before I offer the cigarette I  researched about."

-"So since you will not be arrested for it, I'll take your cigarette. Maybe it helps me."

Yuri had never smoked in her life and the first swallow was unforgettable and followed by a cough.

-"If you don't cough the first time, you can't tell that you smoked a cigarette."

-"This is horrible." She continued coughing. Ye-Jin knocked on her back to help.

-"Maybe I will be arrest for knocking on your back."

-"I have a police friend who loves me, I'll call him to arrest you." Yuri joked about Officer Kim.

-"Call him them he'll arrest you. He's crazy to do more nonsense."

Yuri continued to smoke, but not coughing this time.

-"You should talk to the press." Ye-Jin interrupted the silence.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter