- Turning tables

When everything falls apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 The next morning they were all anxious. The press conference would take place at 10am and all girls arrived before 8am to help with the preparations. Stella arrived at 9 in the morning after staying up all night ending up hitting the site for donations. She was accompanied by her friends Kate, Ye-Jin and Sun-bin, her friend who helped with the site.

The reporters also arrived at 9am and won a pair of masks from Jessica, Yoona and Seohyun hands. Everyone took it willingly, who would deny something to these girls?

Stella made her way to Sooyoung's room with her friends and Sooyoung was sat on the bed while her mother make her hair.

-"Good morning, Mrs. Choi, good morning, Sooyoung." Stella nodded.

-"Good morning, Stella." Sooyoung greeted her enthusiastically.

-"Good morning, Miss Kim. I'm glad to see you and know how much you've helped my daughter." At first Mrs. Choi was not happy about all this and blamed Stella for encouraging her daughter, but when she came to the hospital last night and saw Sooyoung's happiness and excitement, she dropped her judgment and was happy for her daughter. "It's good to see her smile like this after everything she's been through."

- "It's a pleasure to be able to help her and besides, if I didn't help her, she would be stubborn enough to do it alone, so to spare her efforts, me and the girls had to help, right?" She joked.

-"True. She's stubborn and would do it alone."

-"Hey! I am here." Sooyoung interrupted. "And you need to introduce me to your friends."

-"Nice to meet you, Sooyoung, I'm Ye-Jin, Stella's friend and lawyer."

-"Nice to meet you too, Ye-Jin. And thank you for helping my friends with their press conference and thank you for helping me today as well."

-"It's nothing, it's the least I can do. Thank you for saving my friend."

Sooyoung smiled and said to Ye-Jin: "she saved me too." Pointing to Stella and winning her smile and all her friends.

-"Hi Sooyoung, I'm Sun-bin, nice to meet you." She greeted shyly.

-"Pleasure, Sun-bin. It's you who helped with the site, right?" She nodded. "Thank you." Sooyoung thanked her very sincerely, surprising Sun-bin who was speechless and only nodded.

-"And I'm Stella's most beautiful friend, Kate at your service." She spoke flirting.

-"New York too?" Sooyoung smiled back.

-"Yes, how do you know?"

-"Same confidence as Stella. Nice to meet you, Kate."

-"The pleasure is all mine, Sooyoung. You are more beautiful in person." She spoke flirtingly when she saw that Sooyoung's mother had left.

-"Hey!" Stella complained, but she could tell that Sooyoung was more embarrassed when she flirted with her. "Does she take me more seriously?"  "Okay, girls. You have already been presented, now you can go to the press room I'm going later." She asked her friends.

-"Okay, we'll leave you alone with your girl." Kate whispered to Stella, but Sooyoung listened.

-"Good luck, Sooyoung." The girls said good-bye.

-"And the police!" Kate shouted from the door making everyone laugh.

-"It would be worse if I had presented her alone, glad that Ye-jin and Sun-bin were here to you see that I have normal friends."

-"Hahaha, she's a character, but it would be nice to get to know your friends better one day."

-"Who knows at a dinner party at my place?"

-"It's an idea." Sooyoung replied shyly.

-"And you're nervous for today?"

-"A little bit. But I'm more anxious for it to work, I hope people understand and help."

-"Soo, for more than a week you are the most loved person in this country. They will not deny you anything." Sooyoung looked worried.

-"What happened?"

-"It will be the first time I will have contact with this whole love. It's a lot of responsibility."

-"With great power comes great responsibility."

-"You quoted Uncle Ben!"

-"He is a great guy."

-"But I'm not the Spider Man. I don't have any power."

-"You didn't, but got it from the moment you followed your heart through a tragedy and saved a lot of people. You are incredible, your heart is pure, your goodness is your power. You, more than ever, is an example for everyone and for the luck of the world is the best example possible. Follow your heart at this press conference and it will bring happiness to everyone, Soo. Trust yourself, because me, your family and your friends, trust." Stella finished poking Sooyoung's heart lightly.

-"I hope I can live up your expectations."

-"You will overcome them."

-"You will stay by my side?" Sooyoung asked uncertainly.

-"Do you want me to stay?"

-"I want."

-"Then I'll stay." Stella spoke up messing with Sooyoung's hair and she finally smiled.

Tiffany watched the two girls' interaction at the door with happiness and concern at the same time. "I hope this ends well."

-"Sooyoung what happened to your hair?" Sooyoung's mother entered the room, interrupting the girls' moment.

-"I messed up so you could brush my hair again, Mom. I love it when you touch my hair." Sooyoung pouted.

-"She lied to protect Stella from Mrs. Choi's possible scolding. This is getting more interesting." Tiffany thought.

-"Soo, you sure you don't want to put on makeup?" Tiffany finally showed up.

-"No. Today I will not be Idol Sooyoung, I'll be just Choi Sooyoung and an oxygen cylinder." She said proudly.

-"If you waited another two days, you could give this interview without it, my child."

-"Mom!"

-"Okay, okay, you needed to do it today."

-"And I've gotten used to it. I'm really thinking of using it as an accessory for longer." She toyed with the oxygen.

-"I heard that." Dr. Xim came into the room. "If I notice that a respirator is gone after you leave, Sooyoung, I know where to look." He joked.

-"Damn it, my plans are gone."

-"Is this good mood all about confidence or nervousness?"

-"Both. But it's for happiness too."

-"Great. I've been able to reschedule my occupations, so I'll be in the press room watching your interview, Sooyoung. Stay calm, speak slowly and if you feel short of breath let us know, okay? This press conference is important, but your health is even more so." Ms. Choi, Tiffany and Stella readily agreed with the doctor.

-"From a medical point of view I don't agree with this, but from the human point of view I understand it. And with the masks that Miss Jung has arranged, I'm less worried." He spoke and pulled the mask on his face.

-"She imposed that everyone put on the masks to set an example. I hope you don't forget yours." He spoke referring to Stella, Mr. Choi and Tiffany.

-"I have ours here." Tiffany said.

-"Great. Miss Kim is coming to get you. Good luck and fighting."

-"Thank you, Dr. Xim."

-"Let's go, Sooyoung?" Nurse Kim came into the room carrying the wheelchair.

Sooyoung looked at her mother.

-"It's going to be all right, daughter."

-"So let's go."

 

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

-"Sunny, I still don't understand how you can agree to do what your uncle proposed?"

-"Taeyeon, please, you're my best friend, trust me."

-"I want to trust you, but it's hard."

-"I know I wasn't the most trustworthy at the beginning of this mess, but today I will redeem myself and I will still have a bonus for doing silly things."

-"Hahaha I just want to see that."

-"I'm doing this for Sooyoung, for the victims, for the girls, but mainly for our friendship." Sunny looked serious in her friend's eyes.

-"Okay. I trust you."

I hope it works. Sunny thought.

Yesterday afternoon

-"Oppa, it's Sunny here."

-"Hi Sunny, how's Sooyoung?"

-"That's why I called you."

-"Something happened?"

-"She's fine, don't worry. But I have a breaking news for you, but you have to promise to do me a favor."

-"Okay. Promised. You know I never deny you anything."

-"Yeah! So,  Sooyoung will give a press conference tomorrow."

-"Really?"

-"Yeah, she's finally gonna talk to the journalists. In one hour you will have access to the press release. But I'm bringing the information to you. To report first."

-"Great, thank you, but what a favor I owe you?"

-"I need you to ask my uncle a question tomorrow."

-"Your uncle?"

-"Yes, he will be there too."

-"What question should I ask?"

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

 

Sooyoung adjusted the microphone to stay at the height of and when she took her eyes of it, she could see the press room full of masked journalists.

-"Sica." She thought.

Behind her were all the girls, her parents, Soojin and Stella. To her right she could see some friends of her agency, Siwon and Lee Sooman.

-"Good Morning and thank you for attending. I also thank for the collaboration in the use of the masks, this shows the respect for Sooyoung's health. The dynamics will be the same as we did for the interview of the girls. I remember that Sooyoung decided to give this interview in respect to the fans, the press, the public and especially with respect to the victims and their families of this tragedy and I would like it to receive the same respect. Thank you and let's get started." Ye-jin introduced.

-"Good morning, I'm Choi Sooyoung. Thank you for coming here today to hear what I have to say.
I want to thank everyone who helped me. Thank you father, mother, Soojin and girls for unconditional support. I hope everyone enjoyed the mask Jessica provided." Sooyoung said humorously looking at her friend.

-"Thank you Sun-bin and your friends for working with the site. Ye-jin for arranging it all.
Dr. Xim and all his team. Even being unfavorable to this event due to my medical conditions gave me all the support. And thank you especially to Stella. She shares the same trauma that I experienced in the park and is helping me in a very special way to face it all." Sooyoung spoke touched.

-"Before you start the questions I would like to be able to name all the victims of this tragedy a week ago. I understand that many are happy with me because I had the opportunity to help people in this tragedy, but it bothers me to speak of happiness when we had 19 people who lost their lives early. They couldn't be saved by anyone. It is for them and their families that I dedicate this press conference." Sooyoung then spoke the names of all the victims without needing to use the list of names. She had decorated all the names. When she mentioned Kwang's name she could not stand the emotion and let the tears fall.

-"Excuse me." She spoke wiping the tears with her mother's handkerchief. She took the respirator for a moment to wipe her nose and then put it back.

-"She didn't mention Siwon and SM." Yuri spoke proudly.

-"Since I woke up I received all the love of my family and friends and they told me how the whole population is grateful to me. I'm alive, recovering and surrounded by people who love me. These people don't. They have had their lives interrupted, children and adults, and it is up to us to help them finish telling their stories and help their families deal with it. That's why we have created a website where donations can be made to the families of the victims. The address has been passed to all of you, please include in your respective reports, and it is down here on the screen for those who are watching this collective on TV. The site is secure and soon it will be possible to keep track of the money for each family."

-"Stella has created a hashtag  #help4them to help this go viral. Then #help4them." She finally smiled and made the hashtag signal with her fingers and looked at Stella.

-"Thank you and I hope everyone can help."

- "You're being too obvious, Stella." Tiffany whispered into the American's ear that didn't take her eyes off Sooyoung.

-"What are you talking about, Tiffany?"

-"I realized the way you look at her and saw you interacting in your room."

Stella was quiet.

-"I don't need to remind you that she is ..."

-"Straight and has an idiot boyfriend. I know that." Stella replied.

-"I don't think it's prudent to fall in love with her."

Stella didn't like what she heard. "Who is she to tell me what to do?" But she set it aside to pay attention to Sooyoung.

-"You can start the questions."

-"Sooyoung, Stella already told us what happened when you found them at the museum, but before that, what happened? Can you tell us?"

-"I was on the lake bridge taking photos when suddenly everything collapsed. I remember falling with the bridge in the lake and when I submerged I only saw flames, dust and destruction and heard many screams. I looked around and saw people on the lake. I tried to help them, but it was too late, they had been hit by the explosion. When I left the lake I heard more screams and tried to help a boy, but it was too late too. After that I went to the gallery and then you know what happened." She summed up a lot of details, because she did not want to say much about it and what she had seen.

-"So you've helped people before saving everyone from the gallery. Where did you get such courage?"

-"I tried to help them, but unfortunately I couldn't. And I don't know. I think I've followed my heart." She smiled and looked quickly at Stella.

-"You didn't think about running away from there like all the survivors did?"

-"No, never. It didn't cross my mind.

-"But you didn't feel fear?"

-"All the time. All this seemed like a nightmare and it only g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter