- The break up

When everything falls apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When she arrange with Siwon to go out to lunch together, Sooyoung wanted her meeting to be longer. Not that she had much to talk to the boy, but she wanted to talk to him in peace so they could break the engagement without any issues. Sooyoung knows how much a good conversation can fix any problem that two or more people may have with each other. She always valued good communication between people, so she hardly ever had any disagreements or quarrels in her life.

But after the terrorist attack everything changed. She has fought more than once with her parents, with Soojin, Jessica ... all because of terrorist threats and their consequences. And this last fight with her mother, who left her devastated, is the ideal excuse for her to end up with this engagement without having to give much explanations to Siwon.

The initial reason to the fight with her mother today had Siwon's fingerprints, where the two planned for her to go see him in Japan behind her back, furthermore, she's sure that her mother's hate speech has Siwon's fingerprints too. Apparently he's not the good person I always thought he was.

And with that hot head that Sooyoung got into Siwon's car who’s waiting for her with a smile on his face and beautiful roses in his hand.

- “What’s happen, my love?” He asked as he realized that Sooyoung had cried and she rolled her eyes at his words. I can‘t stand he anymore.

- “Just drive, Siwon.” She spoke without further explanation. He was surprised by his girlfriend's reaction, but he smiled again.

- “I make reservation at the best restaurant in Seoul for us, my love. You will love the place.” He said smiling, ignoring Sooyoung's bad mood.

- “Siwon, I'm not hungry, just take me to the dormitory, please.” Sooyoung asked looking at the window of the car and didn’t see the angry face that Siwon did.

- “Dormitory?! But I made a reservation for both of us, my love.” He spoke quietly without showing the frustration he felt at the moment.

- “Siwon, I'm tired. I just had a fight with my mother and I don’t feel like eating anything. Please, let's go to the dormitory cause I want to talk to you.”

- “But I made the reservations and I'll lose money if we don’t go.” He tried to persuade her otherwise.

- “I'm sure money is no problem for you, since you made a lot of money with that song you sang to me.” She replied with irony and he stepped back.

- “What happened to you and your mother?” He asked curiously as he made his way to the dorm.

- “It’s none of your business.” He didn’t like Sooyoung's rudeness, but kept pretending that everything was fine.

- “You even refused food because of your fight. I'm really worried about what happened between you two.” He tried to joke with Sooyoung who didn’t bother to respond and remained quiet.

Siwon tried a few more times to start a conversation, but in all Sooyoung was quiet and she could see how frustrating he was. After more than 10 minutes of silence in the car they arrived at the dormitory.

- “Okay, we're here, I hope you'll talk to me now.” He said as he removed his seat belt to get out of the car.

- “No, you don’t have to get out of the car, let's talk here.” She took him by the arm and without much choice he agreed.

- “Okay, I'm all ears.”

Throughout the week she had planned on breaking her engagement in the sweetest and least traumatic way possible. She knew she hadn’t been a good girlfriend for the last few months, just like him, but she wanted to end that relationship in a respectful way, after all it was more than two years together and Siwon, first of all, was her friend. But after all that happened today Sooyoung was caring little about Siwon and his feelings. He and my mother don’t care what I feel, why should I care about them?

- “Siwon, I want to break up.” She spoke without hesitation and was happy about it and even smiled to herself. To speak those words seemed to take a weight off her shoulders and that was fine. I really should have done this before.

- “What?! What do you mean with break up?”

- “Well, you know, break up. End our relationship.”

- “Sooyoung, we're engaged and that's not how an engagement ends.”

- “Anyway, I want to end what we have. It’s over for me.” As Siwon kept sketching surprise, Sooyoung talked naturally and safely. She didn’t want to measure the consequences of her decision, but she was enjoying every moment of this. I did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter