- Jessica believes in you

When everything falls apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Yuri confirmed with Stella that Sooyoung was actually with her, Jessica felt relieved.

She is fine. She thought. But why did Sooyoung hide that she was with Stella? Seeing Mrs. Choi's reaction, Jessica had her answer and her eyes widened when she heard Mrs. Choi speak to the American girl.

- “She hung up the phone. Soojin, call the police. I'll report Stella for kidnapping.”

I really didn’t know that Mrs. Choi was so dramatic.

- “You can’t be serious! What's going on with you, Mom? I've never seen you like this. I've never seen you be so rude to anyone. Even more with Stella.” At least Soojin seems calmer.

- “I asked her to stay away from her sister and besides disobeying me, she hid her for days.”

- “It seems that Sooyoung went there spontaneously and seeing her reaction I understood why she hid it.” Soojin spoke and Mrs. Choi glared at her.

- “She had no such right.”

- “And what right do you have to treat Stella like that, to say to her stay away from Sooyoung?”

- “I have my reasons.” Mrs. Choi spoke and everyone there could see the anger in the eyes of the woman who they always admired, but at that moment seemed very different.

- “And what are they?” Soojin insisted and all the girls stared at the discussion as Yuri headed for the kitchen and Jessica followed.

- “It's my and your sister's business.” Jessica heard before entering the kitchen and closing the door to give privacy to her friend.

- “Come on Stella.” Yuri spoke with the phone in her ear. “She's not answering me.”

- “I don’t blame her.” Jessica spoke and Yuri nodded. “I like Stella despite her being glued to Soo and I don’t even want to think about them all alone these days ...” Jessica said and Yuri smiled with the jealousy of her friend who didn’t seem to notice that. “But Mrs. Choi was very rude to her.”

- “Yes.” That's not a good sign for Sooyoung and Stella. Yuri thought and smiled at the sight of her phone ringing.

- “Hi Yuri. Are you all in the dormitory?” Yuri was surprised at Stella's objectivity.

- “Yes. All the girls, Ms. Choi and Soojin.”

- “Okay. Call Mr. Choi to come over too. In an hour I'll take Sooyoung to there.”

- “One hour? But your house is close ...” Jessica frowned. What are they talking about?

- “We are not in my house. We're at a police station. The terrorist is threatening Sooyoung and we came here to report it. I think it'll be over soon, so I'll take her to the dormitory along with a police officer and Ye-Jin.”

- “Oh my God.” Yuri's eyes widened and Jessica did the same to see her friend's reaction.

- “Did something happen to Soo, Yuri?” She asked, but Yuri didn’t hear her.

- “Yes. It's a very delicate situation. I suggest you to not say anything yet to everyone. But I'm telling you, because I need you to try and calm down Ms. Choi and tell her I will soon take her daughter to her.”

- “Yuri, what's going on?” Jessica insisted, but she didn’t answer. I can do just like Mrs. Choi and take the phone out of Yuri's hand. Jessica thought.

- “Okay. And Stella.”

- “Yes?”

- “I'm sorry for what Mrs. Choi said to you.” Jessica heard Yuri's words and then gave up on the idea. I'd better not do that. Act just like Mrs. Choi is not a good thing.

- “Yeah, it happens. But first let's deal with one monster, the terrorist, then I will deal with the other.” And hung up the phone.

She really is hurt with Mrs. Choi to call her a monster. Yuri thought. She closed her eyes and tried to absorb what Stella had said. Sooyoung is being blackmailed by the terrorist.

- “This can’t be happening.” Yuri thought out loud.

- “What can’t be happening?” Yuri looked to the side and remembered that Jessica was with her, but continued in silence thinking. Since when is this happening? Why did not she tell me anything?

- “What happened? What did Stella say to you? You looked pale as soon as you started talking to her. Did something happen to Sooyoung?” Yuri could see the worry in Jessica's eyes. She is about to cry, but if I say something I will cry too, even more than I don’t know the details. I don’t know anything about my best friend's life. She thought sadly.

- “Is nothing.” Yuri answered and left the kitchen frustrating Jessica who followed her into the living room.

- “I talked to Stella.” Yuri spoke breaking the silence of the room and they all looked at her. “She said she'll come with Sooyoung here and asked to call Mr. Choi as well.”

- “Why does she want my father here?”

- “I don’t know.” Yuri replied hesitantly, but only Jessica noticed.

- “How come you don’t know, Yuri?” Tiffany insisted, and Yuri shook her head. Not now, Tiffany.

- “I spoke quickly to Stella, so I don’t know the reasons.” Yuri spoke stuttering and Jessica was even more worried.

- “But ...” Tiffany would keep talking, but Jessica cut her off.

- “I believe Stella would like Mr. Choi to be here to clarify this misunderstanding of Sooyoung's disappearance. We all know how much she respects your family, Mrs. Choi. She's done so many things for us and Soo. Let's trust her on more time.” Jessica spoke calmly and everyone seemed to have accepted, even Mrs. Choi who didn’t say anything.

Yuri looked at her friend and smiled.

- “Okay, I'll call my dad.” Soojin announced.

- “And I'm going to eat.” Yoona said. “Let's eat, girls?”

- “Ms. Choi, do you and Soojin want to have lunch too?” Seohyun invited and Mrs. Choi shook her head and sat down on the couch. She didn’t want to talk and the girls respected.

- “But Yuri ...” Tiffany would speak again, but Hyoyeon put a piece of pie in .

- “Tiffany, stop annoying Yuri or I'll make you clean this table again.” Hyoyeon spoke and they all laughed.

Yuri smiled at her friend and thanked her with the look. She took the opportunity to leave the group and go to her room. She needed some time alone to digest what she had just heard from Stella. Stella told me to tell anything. Will I be able to do that?

- “We have to talk.” Jessica spoke as she entered the room, interrupting Yuri's thoughts.

- “I knew your help would not come for free.” Yuri told her friend as she sat on the bed.

- “You should thank me. And the best way is to tell me the truth. What is going on?” Yuri could see how serious Jessica was being.

- “Nothing is going on, Jessica.”

- “Don’t lie to me, Yuri. I saw your reaction on the phone. Something happened to Sooyoung and you don’t want to tell me.” Jessica was staring at Yuri, who looked away. Yes, something very serious is happening to Sooyoung and she didn’t tell us anything.

- “Sooyoung will be here soon and you ask her.” Yuri spoke without looking at Jessica.

- “So why don’t you tell me?” Jessica insisted and turned Yuri's face to her and could see her friend's sad look.

- “Because I don’t know.” Yuri screamed. “I'm worried too, and I'd love to be in your place and not know anything, rather than half of what's going on.” Yuri lose her temper and tears streamed from her eyes.

- “What do you mean?”

- “The terrorist is threatening Sooyoung and Stella took her to the police to give testimony.”

- “How so?” Jessica asked scared.

- “That's all I know. I don’t know what those threats are, since when and how Soo is. I don’t know anything, Jessica, and that makes me very sad. If this has been happening for some time, how can we not see it?”

- “What do you mean since when? Didn’t this happen this week?” Jessica noticed her friend's frustration, but wanted to know more about Sooyoung.

- “I don’t know. But remembering Sooyoung's behavior, maybe this has been going on for some time. Once she told me she was not ready to tell me a few things and I can only imagine it was one of these things.”

- “Oh my God! Has she been suffering from it for some time? Poor Soo.” Jessica spoke in a choked voice.

- “I don’t know. But why Stella is solving this and not us? What kind of friend are we?” Yuri asked and Jessica could see the pain in her voice.

- “I have worked so hard to help Sooyoung, but I realize that will never be enough. I haven’t gone through what she and Stella have gone through and every time something happen I realize that. It was like that with the first panic attack, with the Inkigayo TV Show and it is now. My friendship is not enough.”

- “Don’t talk like that, Yuri. Between all of us you are the one who is doing best with Sooyoung.”

- “But it is never enough.” Yuri, more than anyone, knows the emotional importance that Stella has in Sooyoung's life, she knows her friend's love interest, but would like Sooyoung to tell her more. After the conversation I had with her over the weekend I thought Soo would open up more to me.                                                                                               

- “I knew how much she wanted to break up with Siwon, but she didn’t tell me she had broken up with him on Monday. She didn’t tell me she was at Stella's house, Jessica. I know Soo has her problems, but I was sure, that among all of us, I was the one she trusted the most, but apparently not.”

Jessica listened attentively to her friend's outburst.

- “I feel like I'm failing with Soo, Sica. You know?” Yuri looked at Jessica who nodded.  “I don’t even know why I'm saying this? She's in more serious trouble and I'm jealous of her friendship with Stella. Maybe I'm not a good friend.” Jessica's eyes widened at that.

- “Don’t talk like that, Yuri. We all failed, I'm the one that most failed with Sooyoung and you know it.” Jessica spoke and Yuri looked at her. “I was so desperate to lose my best friend on that November 11, I even slept in the hospital worried about it, but it was my attitudes that pushed her away from me. I was so afraid of losing her that I really lost.” Jessica spoke in a choked voice.

- “No one knew about her breaking up with Siwon or staying at Stella, but at least you feel comfortable sending messages to Sooyoung, at least you're sure she'll respond to you. But I don’t. I lost it. She don’t like me anymore. Not like before. You know that.” Yuri saw a tear trickle down Jessica's eyes.

- “We both lost each other's trust. But while I ignored her, she found someone to comfort her in a way I never do and I don’t know if I'll be able to.” Yuri's eyes widened at Jessica's words. Does she know that Stella and Sooyoung have already kissed?

- “But I didn’t give up. My friend is in need of help. Regardless of Stella already helping, I know I can help too. You can help. And we'll find a way.” Jessica encouraged her friend who smiled with her optimism.

- “I know about the kiss.” I've never seen Jessica so optimistic. Better help her with some reality.

 

- “You know what?” Jessica asked.

- “I know Sooyoung tried to kiss you and you refused.” Yuri spoke and Jessica turned her face away.

- “It seems you have no reason to complain about Sooyoung not telling you anything, Yuri.”

- “And you have no reason to complain that she doesn’t like you, Sica. She just thinks you don’t like her.”

- “Why are you telling me this?” Jessica asked not liking the conversation. For a moment I was giving support to Yuri and now she comes with this.

- “To help you win Sooyoung's confidence back. And you need to be quick.” Yuri got up from the bed and went to the door. “I can share Sooyoung's friendship with Stella, but you can’t share Soo with Stella.” She spoke and l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter