December 24 - last hug

When everything falls apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

- “I don’t have time to talk, you better get out, Jessica.”

- “I don’t have time either, I need to finish my makeup for our presentation today, which by the way will be much more difficult than this ridiculous role you will play, being perfect woman, the perfect wife. Your role today will be very different from what you did in the park, at the press conference, at the radio interview last week.” Jessica spoke without taking her eyes from Sooyoung, who stared at her with the same will.

- “Is all this jealous of me?”

- “Jealous?”

- “Jealous because today I will be engaged to one of the most handsome men in Korea while you are alone, dedicating your free time to attack me.” Sooyoung didn’t believe in her own words, but she had to get rid of Jessica.

- “You can only be kidding me. I have everything but envy of your relationship. Actually, I'm disgusted. The other day you asked me whether my actions were princess or feminist, but listen to yourself. You are far from being a feminist. You ask your boyfriend for permission to do things, you agreed to play this ridiculous role today and you don’t even like him. What the kind of woman are you?”

- “Who says I don’t like him?”

- “I say. You wanted to break with him before the attack and after the attack, but suddenly changed your mind.”

- “I changed my mind because I like him.”

- “Bull!”

- “Who are you to talk about my relationship? You don’t even like Donghae.”

- “This is none of your business.”

- “And my relationship is yours?”

- “Yes, since you are my best friend and your boyfriend involved me in your relationship.” When Jessica entered the room, she didn’t know if she would have the courage to tell Siwon's threats, but seeing her friend blinded by the situation she had no other choice, she just didn’t expect a simple truth to become such a heated argument.

- “What are you talking about?”

- “Before the last visit I made to you at the hospital, Siwon blackmailed me to convincing you to not break up with him.” At that moment Jessica had tears in her face and Sooyoung was looking at her scared. This can’t be true.

- “He threatened to publish an article if you broke up with him. In this article he would say you and I are lesbians and you have a relationship with Stella.”

- “This is not true!” Sooyoung was astonished. If her problems were already huge, knowing her boyfriend was capable of something like that made her more anxious.

- “You doubt me?”

- “You want me to break up with Siwon a long time ago, you could come up with this.”

- “You never doubted me.” Jessica was so disappointed that Sooyoung didn’t believe her. Sooyoung remained silent.

- “I risked my career for you. I advised you to do the opposite that day in the hospital and now you doubt me?” Sooyung had never seen her friend so upset with her. “It wasn’t enough to stab me in the back making public this stupid relationship and now you doubt me?” Jessica stared at her friend who had lowered her head in shame. “In that day your boyfriend left me with a purple mark on my arm and almost did the same yesterday if it wasn’t for Stella.” Sooyoung looked back at her friend at the sound of Stella's name. “Yes, your friend helped me yesterday without even knowing what is happening, without even knowing me and you, my best friend is doubting me.” More tears streamed down Jessica's face.

Sooyoung looked at her friend. She always hated seeing her friend sad. She always try to cheer and comfort Jessica when this happen and Jessica always looked for Sooyoung when she was sad. This has always been one of the secrets of their long friendship. But when am I the cause of this sadness? What should I do?

Following her instincts, Sooyoung pulled Jessica into a hug who returned the hug and rested her head on Sooyoung's shoulder and let the tears flow. Those tears were sadness for the situation and the discussion, but also for joy, for her friend seemed to have believed her and hope that Sooyoung will finally broke with Siwon.

Sooyoung was holding her tears, she knew she couldn’t cry. If she started she would not stop. Not after all the pressure she felt at that moment and hearing what her best friend was going through in her future fiancé's hands only increased it even more. The urge was to cry, to run away and tell everything that was happening to Jessica, but she had a duty to fulfill and involve Jessica definitely were not in her plans.
- “I'm sorry, Sica.” Sooyoung broke the silence. “I'm sorry you had to go through all this.”

- “No need to apologize, Soo. It's not your fault he's a jerk, I just want to see you away from him.” Jessica spokes in a shaky voice.

Sooyoung responding hugged Jessica harder afraid to let her go and never catch her again. This is our last hug? She rested her head on her friend's shoulder and could smell the scent she liked so much. I love that smell and I'm afraid it's the last time I'll feel it. Sooyoung knew she couldn’t do what her friend wanted. She couldn’t break up with Siwon, not today and didn’t even know when, but she was sure that continuing with her boyfriend would destroy her best friend.
- “I'm sorry, I'm sorry.” Sooyoung repeated the words like a mantra as she tried to hold back the tears that were already filling her face.
Jessica noticed that her friend was not well and she pulled away from the hug.
- “Hey, don’t be like this. Siwon doesn’t deserve your tears.” She spoke as she tried to wipe her friend's tears. I'm sure our sadness will be over after you break up with him.” Jessica was trying to encourage her friend.

- “I'm sorry, Sica.” Sooyoung spoke again and bowed her head. She couldn’t face Jessica. She was embarrassed by all this that happened to her friend and was ashamed that she couldn’t do anything. “I'm not crying because of him.”

- “Why are you crying?” Jessica realized something was wrong.

- “Because I'm so sorry you had to go through this. I'm sorry that I didn’t believe you. I'm sorry I can’t do anything. I'm sorry for everything.” Sooyoung couldn’t look into Jessica's eyes.

- “What do you mean you can’t do anything? Just end it, not accept this engagement. Soo, he is dangerous, a bad person, there is no reason to continue with him. You never have any good reason to stay with him, but now you have less.” Jessica gave way to her tears for a more anxious posture. How's Sooyoung going to keep up with this bastard after she knows that?

- “I can’t break up with him.” Sooyoung spoke in a voice so weak that it cut Jessica's heart, but she remained strong.

- “Of course you can, Soo. If you need help I'll help you, the girls ...”

- “Everything is already combined with SM and the sponsors. There's no way I can break up with him.” Sooyoung wasn’t lying, but it’s not because of that she couldn’t end it. Break up with Siwon is the opposite of what the terrorist wants and she wouldn’t risk hundreds of lives because of her happiness.

- “Soo, you saved more than 300 people a month ago, I'm sure not accepting a request for marriage will not have problem for you. You can even denied to him in the show, live to everyone.” Jessica smiled imagining the scene. “You will continue to give audience to SM and the sponsors, which is what matters to them.” Jessica kept smiling, imagining Siwon's face.

Sooyoung smiled seen her friend smile. Jessica's smile always made Sooyoung happy, even in a tense moment like this, where Sooyoung couldn’t choose what her friend wanted her to do. Will Jessica ever smile to me after all this? Sooyoung sighed and spoke again.

- “The last time, I hurt you for giving you false hopes implying that I would break up with Siwon, this time I intend to do the opposite.” Jessica smiled at her friend's words. Finally Sooyoung will end with this monster. Sooyoung took Jessica's hands.

- “Jessica, you're one of the most important people in my life and I'm sorry Siwon did it to you and I'm glad you had the guts to tell me. But I do not have the courage.” Jessica frowned at this. “I will not break up with Siwon, Sica. I'm sorry.” Jessica quickly walked away from her friend who was staring at her. Although ashamed, Sooyoung, couldn’t take her eyes off Jessica. She wanted to see if Jessica wouldn’t give up on her forever. If beneath all her friend's disappointment with her she could see friendship and keep hoping not to lose her best friend.

Jessica looked to the side holding her tears. She didn’t believe that, after all, Sooyoung would continue with Siwon.

- “I risked every

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter