- One step forward, two steps back

When everything falls apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With this chapter this story completes 70k words. I know it's not much, but I didn't expect to write this much. Once again I'm sorry for the mistakes. I hope you enjoy it.

 

The next day they were all having coffee together and talking, but Yuri, Tiffany and Jessica were silent. The others noticed the tension, but decided to not say anything.

-"The release of this song has hardly begun and I can't stand it any longer." Complained Hyoyeon.

-"But unnie, it's for a good cause."

-"I know Seo, but  knowing that it wasn't SM's intention gives me laziness."

-"The important thing is that the music is selling a lot and this will help the victims even more."

-"And the donations, are they doing well? Anybody know?" Taeyeon asked.

-"Yes. In the first few days they had a lot of donations, but it seems to have subsided about three days ago." Yuri finally spoke.

-"How do you know that, Yuri?" Yoona asked.

-"Ye-Jin told me."

-"Stella's friend?"

-"Yeah."

-"So today on the radio everyone should quote the site, ok?" Sunny suggested.

-"Agree." The girls said.

-"By the way, we are going in different programs again today?" Yoona asked.

-"Yes." Taeyeon replied. "Yoona and Hyoyeon; Sunny and Jessica; Seohyun and me and Tiffany and Yuri.

-"Hyoyeon, can I go with Yoona, please?"  Tiffany asked. It was the first time she had talked at breakfast, which was very unusual for Tiffany.

Taeyeon and Sunny looked at each other, noticing the tension between Yuri and Tiffany. Hyoyeon looked at Yuri to see if that was all right, but her friend was staring at her coffee.

-"I think it's better if we change. Me and Hyo unnie can never get serious when we're together." Yoona said trying to ease the discomfort on the table and earned a smile from Tiffany.

-"Yuri, so you memorize the script. I'm not good with these things." Hyoyeon joked.

-"I hope you two are luckier than me am and aren't abandoned by them." Jessica finally said referring to Tiffany and Yuri and the heavy mood returned to the table.

-"Jessica, I'm sorry for the thousandth time. I didn't know Siwon would be on the radio ..."

-"With or without Siwon you left me behind."Jessica interrupted Tiffany.

-"It was for a good cause." Yuri spoke.

-"Wow, we helped so much yesterday in the hospital." Tiffany now interrupted Yuri with irony.

-"Sooyoung would be unhappy if she knew you were fighting over her." Seohyun tried to calm her friends. The others just watched.

-"Seo is right. This fight doesn't make any sense." Yuri tried to defend. "We have to stay together in this difficult time and don't fight."

-"United? Where was this loyalty yesterday when you left me alone and I had to ride back with Siwon." Jessica raised her voice.

-"Jessica, I'm sorry again, but I really didn't think Siwon would be together, otherwise I would not leave you alone."

-"Liar. When I said to you that Siwon was with Jessica, you didn't go back." Tiffany accused.

-"Which side are you, Tiffany?"

-"I'm not at your side, because from the beginning I warned that Jessica would be upset and you didn't hear me."

-"And attacking me will solve our problems with Jessica?"

-"Think about that before you have your stupid ideas and not listen to me." Tiffany yelled at Yuri who looked at her in alarm. Why is she so mad at me?

-"I'm tired of seeing you try to be the conciliator. You are not Sooyoung. From the beginning you're trying to act like her, but you can't. You have no charitable soul like her, you are not good with words, you are not intelligent like her. It was ridiculous yesterday when you were talking to her how shocked you were with the video. You talking about the few donations from the site. You don't know anything. You thought it would be okay for us to quit Jessica and still you would save Soo from her sadness. But no, nothing happened the way you wanted it to."

Tiffany's words entered like a stake in Yuri's heart.

-"I'll wait downstairs." Yuri stood up and left.

-"You crossed the line, Tiffany." Hyoyeon threatened Tiffany and went after Yuri. And they were all silent for a few minutes when Seohyun spoke.

-"The van's here, shall we?"

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

 

 

-"I'm glad you had a significant improvement from yesterday to today, Sooyoung." Dr. Xim praised his patient who has brought so much concern in recent days. "You ate last night and this morning", he talked again. "That way we can think of releasing you soon, what do you think of that?"

-"That's what I want most, Dr. Xim."

-"Great. So continue to feed well for two more days, than we enter with physiotherapy and I think you can leave here in 5 days."

-" It can't be soon?"

-"Your parents and the nurses will tell me if you're feeding well, and who knows, we'll cut it to 3 days?"

-"Okay." She agreed and try to hide the disappointment. She wanted to leave the hospital as soon as possible so she could run after the terrorist's evidence and show to the police.

-"The appointment with the psychologist will be maintained and you will talk to her every day while you are here. And when you dismissed she'll see how many times you'll see each other in the week, okay?" She nodded again, not showing much happiness.

-"Her opinion is also important in determining your discharge." He warned her, realizing that she had not acted well with the news.

-"Okay, Dr. Xim. I will do my best." She said with confidence.

-"Great." Have a nice day and enjoy your lunch. He left and the nurse brought lunch to Sooyoung to eat.

Sooyoung was going to get the spoon to start eating, but her mother took it before, demonstrating that she would help her daughter.

-"I haven't been helping you for more than two days, my daughter. I was missing it." She said and poured food into Sooyoung's mouth and she accepted.

-"I missed you too, Mom."

-"Good to know that you're feeling better. These last two days haven't been easy."

-" I'm sorry, Mom. I lost my mind and you all caught in the middle."

-"Apologies accepted. The important thing is that you feel better and will go home soon."

-"Yes. Well, at least I'll spend a few more days getting food in my mouth." She teased opening for her mother to serve her.

-"Hahaha but if this helps you in recovery I break the promise and give you food in your mouth when you're home, my daughter."

-"I'll love it, Mom."

After lunch, Sooyoung talked for almost two hours with the psychologist and now rested in the bedroom. She still did not feel comfortable with this situation, but she promised herself that she would do anything to help and improve to get out of the hospital and be more helpful than she was at the moment.

-"Good afternoon, Sooyoung!" Sooyoung listened and glanced toward the door, where Stella was pushing a wheelchair.

-"Stella!" She received her friend with a smile. Her mother said that she would receive visits today, but she didn't think it would be Stella's.

-"I'm glad you welcomed me with smiles, especially after the last messages you sent me." She teased, but regretted it, as soon as Sooyoung's smile was replaced with concern. I can't see Stella otherwise she might get hurt.

-"Stella, you'd better go ..."

-"Hey, hey, please don't do this to me. I've been heartbroken since Friday wanting to see you. I don't know what happened, but I wish I could talk to you, Sooyoung." She spoke and Sooyoung even noticed she had a choked voice.

-"It's not safe ..." Sooyoung said in a low voice.

-"What is not safe?" Sooyoung did not answer and bowed her head.

-"Come on, Soo. Don't be like that with me. Yuri said you've gotten better, your parents ... I'm beginning to think it's personal. Sorry if I did something to you ..."

-"You didn't do anything, Stella." Sooyoung interrupted her. "It's me."

-"Okay, I'm not going to press, but how about taking a walk? You've been in this room for two weeks, you need fresh air to help this confusing little head. Let's go?" She said pointing to the chair. Sooyoung looked hesitantly.

-"I already talked to your doctor and he said that it would be good for you to get out of the room a little bit." Sooyoung stood still.

-"Are you going to refuse my ride?" She said pointing to the wheelchair.

-"Hahaha okay, okay, but I don't see any helmets. I don't know if it will be safe."

-"I promise not to run and beyond that, you're safe in my hands." Stella said giving Sooyoung her hands to lean and sit in the chair. She helped Sooyoung sit down and look into her eyes.

-"They look different since the last time I saw them, but they're still beautiful."

-"Different how?"

-"Wednesday they were full of love, today they are sadder. I need to see you more often to get back to normal." She spoke flirting. Sooyoung lowered her head sheepishly.

-"Ok, today I will behave and take you only in public places, otherwise I would not resist and I would end up kissing you." She whispered the last part as she pushed the chair out of the room.

Sooyoung had left the room a few times in the two weeks she was hospitalized, but this was the first time she had left without some kind of commitment, so she could finally take a closer look at the hospital premises. The hospital was big, but it didn't look very busy that day.

-"On the day of the explosion this was chaos, but today it's much quieter, Soo." Stella informed her friend. As they passed people greeted Sooyoung smiling and she smiling back. Even with the mask covering her face it was possible to notice her smile.

-"You are very famous here." Stella whispered one more time. Sooyoung was accustomed to fame, especially when she was with the other girls. But today was a little different. In the events she was accustomed to hear compliments of her beauty and everything, here people thanked her. They all bowed and smiled at the great heroine of Korea in the last two weeks. And this touched the young woman who took off her mask so that she could reciprocate the smiles she earned. When Stella noticed, she pulled the mask in place.

-"I love to see your smile, but this mask is to prevent some kind of contagion, please use it if you want to leave here soon."

-"Okay, okay."

Sooyoung asked Stella to stop at the reception, where she greeted all the staff and thanked them for everything. She also asked her to go to the kitchen, where she can thanks everyone and praise the food. She talked to a part of the cleaning staff and even took pictures with the nursing staff.

-"Phew, we finally got to where I should bring you from the beginning." Stella said as they stood in the hospital garden.

-"I'm sorry to make you change the way, but it's the first time I'm leaving the room with time. Thanks."

Stella approached and carefully closed the coat she had put on Sooyoung. It was late November and the temperatures were low.

-"I'm glad you liked it."

-"Of all the people who did things for me in the hospital, you were always the one who did different things to me and this is lovely." Stella smiled proudly at herself.

-"And it's incredible that until now I don't brought any food for you. I really know how to please you, Sooyoung."

-"You do."

-"Yuri told me that you were misjudging your actions. And showing you to people was the way I found to show you that you are incredible and you can't forget it." Stella said as she picked Sooyoung's nose. "I also brought you here to take some fresh air. It's good to open your mind."

-"I don't know what's going on in there." Stella pointed at Sooyoung's head. "But if I may, I can assure you that it is possible to improve, but you need help for this."

-"I'm fine, I don't have to improve anything." Sooyoung denied and started to play with one of the plants.

-"Hmmm, I know what is this."

-"This what?"

-"You affirm that you are well even though you are not." Sooyoung didn't answer and continued to stir the plant.

-"I came to Seoul at about your age. I studied Art History at Columbia University until I had some personal problems and had depression." Finally Sooyoung took her eyes off the plant and looked at Stella carefully.

-"My depression was aggravated, because I also had anorexia and it was from this that my mother noticed and looked for to help me as soon as possible."

-"I didn't realize that I was sick. In fact I knew I wasn't well, but I didn't know that being sad was a disease. I imagined that soon it would pass, it just needed time. My luck that my mother noticed in time to help me. She had a great job at the MoMA - Museum of Modern Art and dropped everything so she could take care of me." Sooyoung could see that Stella had spoken of that thrilled.

-"She knew one of my problems was there in New York, so she dropped everything and we came to live here in Seoul, where my family is from. After 6 months living here, I was able to rehabilitate myself and I went back to school, now here in Seoul. Two years after we moved in, my mother went back to New York. And I will forever be grateful to her for the sacrifice she has made for me."

-"Have you healed by yourself from depression?"

-"No. I had medical help, I took medicine, and I had the unconditional support of my mother. And above all, I had to accept that I was in trouble and needed help." Sooyoung nodded and looked back at the plant.

-"And why did you go into depression?" She asked looking at Stella .

-"Humm is a long story."

-"Got it." Sooyoung realized that Stella didn't want to share it and looked back at the plant.

-"Hey pabo, I don't mind telling you." Stella realized that Sooyoung was intimidated by her earlier response. "It's just that the story is long and I'd rather tell you one more time, okay?" Sooyoung nodded again.

-"Okay, in short, my girlfriend cheated on me with a guy. But it's not only that, because there is something about my father ... well, it's really more complicated. But basically I suffered for love and it almost cost my life."

-"I'm sorry." Sooyoung spoke sincerely.

-"Don't worry, I've been feeling very well for more than 5 years, and coming here has made me meet amazing people." She spoke with a sly grin at Sooyoung who was ashamed.

-"How did your mother react to the attack?" Sooyoung changed the subject.

-"She wanted me to go to NY, but I preferred to stay here."

-"Why?"

-"My life is here, my work, although it has gone to the air, is still my job, and other things hold me here. Like you."

-"Stella, I don't feel good about you betting your chips on me. I..."

-"Regardless of what is or is not happening between us, I owe you my life and you have become a very important person to me. I will not leave you while you are not 100%."

-"But NY is safer than here."

-"I'm not sure about that and besides that, Seoul welcomed me when I needed it most, I will not leave my city when she needs me."

-"Come to Seoul was so important to me that I gave the name of Seoul to my little dog who has been my companion since my mom returned to New York."

-"Really? I love dogs." Sooyoung smiled.

-"You will love to meet him. He is so cute."

-"I would love to."

-"Now let's go back to your room we've been out for almost two hours. Dr. Xim told us to stay for only an hour."

-"But it feels so good here in the garden."

-"Yes, it is, but it's getting cold too."

-"Thank you for bringing me here. I didn't know we had this beautiful garden here at the hospital."

-"You're welcome, Soo. If you want, I can come visit you tomorrow and walk here again. Who knows even without this chair?" Sooyoung smiled and nodded and saw an immense smile forming on Stella's face.

-"Why are you so happy?"

-"Because I have a date with a lovely girl tomorrow afternoon. It will be the best Monday of my life." Sooyoung smiled again. She definitely likes Stella's flirtations.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Many things annoy Jessica, but two of them are the main ones: interrupting her sleep and doing what she doesn't want. In those last few weeks, what she has done most is something she doesn't want, such as going to meetings at the agency, going to radio shows ... she's even used to it, but she gets even angrier when she has to do it with other more important things to do, such as staying with Sooyoung in the hospital. So far she has barely managed to be alone with the person she considers her best friend. I miss Soo so much.

Another thing that annoys Jessica is when they interrupt her sleep. These last few weeks have been difficult and sleeping, which was always something that she did easily, was not being so easy. For the first time in her life she felt insomnia, Sooyoung's early days at the hospital were terrible for her sleep, which improved as Sooyoung got better, but the insomnia was back after Siwon's conversation yesterday. If the insomnia caused by the threat and having to do something against her will, annoyed her, it was worse as she realized the violence behind it and the realization that her best friend's boyfriend of two years was a monster.

But Jessica decided to take action. After fulfilling her commitments she decided to go to the hospital and finally have her moment with Sooyoung and who knows solve her problem that takes away herr sleep.

When she arrived at the hospital, Sooyoung was asleep. After much conversation with Sooyoung's family, she managed to convince them to spend the night with her friend so they could rest. She was extremely happy to be able to spend so much time with the person who she most misses talking, staying together.

-"We will finally sleep together after weeks, Soo." She spoke softly as she watched her friend sleep. She was so happy to be able to sleep with Sooyoung that for a moment she even forgot Siwon's threats. Jessica really didn't expect to sleep with Sooyoung. She even brought a pair of pajamas, but she had no hope she could wear it. Soo will be glad I brought the unicorn pajamas she gave me. She thought with a smile on her face and didn't notice when her friend woke up.

-"Sica?!"

-"Soo, you finally woke up. I almost had to wake you, because I couldn't wait to tell you the best news in the world."

-"Hahaha what?" Sooyoung loved to see her friend here and not expected see her so happy.

-"I'm going to spend the night with you today." Jessica

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter