December 24 - pabo

When everything falls apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung doesn’t remember many details of when she woke up from the coma induced after the bombing. But she remembers waking up with a good feeling, a sense of being reborn. The same doesn’t apply today. If before she lost consciousness thinking she had died and was very happy to wake up and see that she was alive. Now the feeling was different. She was not happy to be alive. Sooyoung, you really changed. Preferring to die than to be alive and face all the mess you set up. You're a real coward.

Coward. The only certainty she had at that moment is that she is a coward. If it was on a radio show with the girls today and made the individual presentation, Sooyoung would present herself as the coward of the group. And apparently it's not just me who thinks that. Sooyoung thought when sees she was alone in the room. If the first time was surrounded by people now she was alone in the room. I deserve it.

In addition, she realized the room was a normal one and not any kind of ICU.

- “Didn’t an explosion happen? Why I'm not hurt?” Frightened, she tried to get up, but then she felt a pain in the head and realized she was wearing a bandage. She looked at her arm and was on IV.

- “What happened?” She thought aloud.

- “You fainted and hit your head.” She heard it and knew it was her sister's voice.

- “I fainted? And the explosion? Everyone is all right?” Sooyoung asked and Soojin could see that her sister was agitated.

- “There was any explosion. I think you're imagining things. It should be side effect of the pills you were taking, it causes this sort of thing, especially in people taking it without a prescription.” Soojin had promised herself that she would try to be kind to her sister, but the anger she felt at seeing Siwon didn’t pass after going to the coffee machine and seeing it was broken. Sooyoung's eyes widened as she heard her sister speak about the pills. “Yes, we have discovered your secret.”

- "Secret?" Did they find out about the terrorist? Sooyoung became more frightened.

- “Yeah, your secret with your stupid boyfriend.  What you have in mind to take this kind of medicine without a prescription? You take 30 pills in 10 days! What were you thinking?”

Sooyoung was relieved when she realized that no one knew about the terrorist at all, but was angry with her sister who was worried about these stupid pills. I have more things to worry about than with this.

 - “I don’t care. I want to know if everything's all right? If everyone is okay? Swear that nothing happened?”

- “What do you mean, you don’t care? Do you have an idea the fear you made your family and friends go by? Do you have any idea that you have a severe gastritis a lot because of these pills your stupid boyfriend's give to you?”

- “At least my stupid boyfriend tried to help me and didn’t ignore me all week.” Sooyoung spoke and realized her words struck the sister who didn’t back down.

- “I can’t believe you're defending Siwon. While me, Dad, Mom and the girls were panicking waiting for news of you here at the hospital he was finishing recording that stupid show. He was giving an interview telling everyone you were okay, but he didn’t even know what had happened to you!” Sooyoung listened to her. “Your boyfriend was good enough to put that ring in your finger, but he didn’t bother to hold you when you fell. Yuri ran away from nowhere to rescue you.” Sooyoung heard it all and was glad that her friend helped her and wasn’t surprised to learn of Siwon's ineffectiveness, but she widened her eyes at hearing about ring.

- “So the engagement happen?” She interrupted her sister.

- “Are you listening to what I'm talking about? I'm talking about your health and how much your boyfriend is worthless and you want to know about the engagement. What's happening to you, Sooyoung?” At that point Soojin had tears in her face. “4 hours ago you gave a lot of scare to your family and friends and you want to know about your engagement?”

It was not that Sooyoung didn’t care about her family and friends, she cared so much, because of that she was attending to the terrorist's threats and at that moment, since she was alive, knowing that everything had worked out was what mattered most to her. After all, it was a relief to her to know that the marriage had worked well after going through two terrible weeks of fear and anxiety that nothing was going to work. If she took the pills Soojin kept talking about, it was because she needed to get there. Of course she hoped not to faint and cause all this stress, but her body had other plans and unfortunately she can’t do anything.

- “I'm sorry that I worried you, but it was just a faint. I'm fine and I'm glad it all worked out.”

- “How come it was just a faint? You had a panic attack aggravated by a dehydration that made you fall hard on the floor and now had 4 stiches in your head. Not to mention the severe gastritis you are in and the series of risks that went into forcing you to participate in that show. Do you know how embarrassed we are to find out that you were taking the hidden medicine and hurt yourself with this? The shame we felt when Dr. Xim insinuated that you might be in some eating disorder because you hid everything from us?”

- “Nothing that you're talking to me seems to be serious, I'm awake here, listening to everything you have to tell me. But I preferred it to be more serious, I would rather be dead than to have caused this shame for you. I'm sorry if I'm a shame to you, to Daddy and Mommy. I feel ashamed of myself too and I was very disappointed when I opened my eyes and realized that I hadn’t died, because I was sure that something serious had happened and finally I would have peace, but no, I'm alive and have to hear you complain about me.” Soojin's eyes widened as she heard her say it. There was definitely something wrong and fighting with Sooyoung was doing more wrong than she had imagined.

- “Sis, what are you talking about? We are not ashamed of you. We are ashamed for not having noticed. Please stop talking like that.” Soojin tried to calm down. She was frightened by her sister's depressed tone.

- “Stop talking like what?” Mrs. Choi asked from the door. She was accompanied by Mr. Choi and was startled to realize that her daughters were fighting.

- “It's nothing, Mom.” Soojin tried to disguise, but Sooyoung had other plans.

- “That I would rather be dead. She doesn’t want me to say it, but the truth is I'd rather be dead.” Sooyoung yelled at her parents and Soojin.

- “My daughter, stop talking like this! You're a Christian girl and that's wrong.” Mr. Choi spoke up.

- “I am a Christian and like every Christian I must speak the truth and the truth is this. Accept this and leave me alone.” Sooyoung pointed to the door.

- “You can’t do that to our parents. This is lack of respect.” Soojin didn’t believe what she saw.

- “I'm 21 years old and I can choose who stays here with me and I don’t want you here.”

- “My daughter, don’t talk like that. We will not leave you here alone.”

- “You never had a problem with leaving me alone. When I was 12 years old I was alone at the Tokyo airport, afraid and you allowed me to do it for another year.” Sooyoung touched on the weak point in the relationship with her parents. She knows how much they regret having supported her in the devut with Rout 0. “Please, leave me alone.”

- “We will not leave.” Even hurt by her daughter's words, they stood firm and did not want to leave her alone.

- “Nurse, I don’t want them here in my room.” Sooyoung shouted to the nurse standing at the door after hearing the discussion.

- “I am so sorry Mr. and Mrs Choi, but unfortunately the final word it’s from the patient.” the nurse spoke sadly about the situation.

- “We will not leave without talking to Dr. Xim.” Soojin is angry at her sister's attitude.

- “Okay, you can talk to him, but I ask you to leave the room, because the hospital procedure requires that if the patient asks for certain visits to leave, even if they are relatives, you must obey. Moreover, I have clear guidelines from Dr. Xim to let Miss Choi rest and at this moment your presence is causing disruption to the patient, regardless of whether it is your fault or not. I'm really sorry.” The nurse tried to be as delicate as possible with Sooyoung's family who accepted the decision and left the room, but before, Mr. Choi spoke.

- “I hope tomorrow you will b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter