- Frustration

When everything falls apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Frustrated. At this point Sooyoung was extremely frustrated. After making so many promises to Stella she was full of plans this week, but nothing worked out.

As she woke up on Monday, the second day of the year, she informed her family that she was going out with Siwon that night. Of course she didn’t comment she would break up with him, only hinted she wanted to see her fiancé. But soon Mrs. Choi objected, as if anticipating something bad would happen with her relationship.

- “Sooyoung, you can’t leave the house. Dr. Xim was quite clear just to authorize you to leave the house for your medical appointments.”

- “Mom, I'm fine.”

- “You have said that other times and went to the hospital.” Ms. Choi was referring to the days before her last panic attack. Sooyoung could feel how much she had lost her mother's confidence since that day.

- “It's been a week since I was hospitalized, Mom. I'm fine, it will not hurt to leave the house, even more to see my fiancé.” Sooyoung tried to be as convincing as possible by showing interest in their relationship that only Mrs. Choi supported at that point. Mr. Choi was not as supportive as before and Soojin hate the fact that Sooyoung was still engaged to Siwon.

- “No, you can leave the house only next week, orders from Dr. Xim and from your parents as well. Right Jungnam*?” Ms. Choi appealed to her husband who was refusing to take part in the conversation, but agreed with his wife, because he would not be crazy to disagree with her and also  he saw with good eyes the daughter stay away from Siwon, whom he had disliked since he found out about the remedies he'd gotten for his daughter.

- “Your mother is right, my daughter. Besides, it's too cold for you to leave. Next week your accident will complete two months and Dr. Xim has already told us that only from two months he could give you full discharge to do some things and even then carefully. We were irresponsible to let you leave the house in December for that stupid show and this time we'll be more demanding.” Mr. Choi spoke and Sooyoung sighed in frustration.

- “Why do not you invite Siwon to come here?” Mrs. Choi asked and Sooyoung and Mr. Choi looked at her in alarm. “It's been a long time since he came here and it will be a pleasure to have you here at home again.” Sooyoung needed to break up with Siwon that week. She had to keep her promise to Stella, but she didn’t intend to do this with her family nearby.

- “Who has not been here for a long time?” Soojin asked as she sat at the table to accompany her family for breakfast.

- “Siwon.” Mrs. Choi replied with a smile.

- “No way. I told you he's not welcome here.” Soojin spoke and Sooyoung could see the anger in her sister's eyes. She really hates Siwon. She, Jessica and Stella could spend hours talking ill of him. I think Taeyeon and Hyoyeon too. Definitely no one likes him. Sooyoung thought.

- “You don’t want him here, but I, your father and Sooyoung wanted.” Mrs. Choi stared at her eldest daughter. Mr. Choi and Sooyoung just stared at each other without speaking.

- “Dad? Do you want Siwon here after all he did to your daughter?” Soojin said looking at her father, pointing to Sooyoung, who was quiet.

Mr. Choi's eyes widened and he didn’t know what to answer. If he agreed with his daughter, his wife would be angry with him, if he agreed with his wife, Soojin would be angry. So he did what anyone would do in this situation, he blamed Sooyoung who was the creator of the whole situation.

- “My daughter, you know how upset I was with Siwon's attitudes, but your sister who wants to see him today. So if she wants to, I'd rather have him here in the house, where Sooyoung will be safer, hotter and closer to her family.” He said and Sooyoung's jaw dropped. I can’t believe my father used me to get rid of Soojin's anger. Definitely my first Monday of the year started very badly.

- “I don’t believe you want to bring him home knowing that I can’t stand looking at his face!” Soojin spoke to Sooyoung. “This is so disrespectful to me who is doing everything to help you. It’s a disrespect to your friends too. In fact continuing with this engage is a disrespect to our parents after all he has done for you. I can’t believe you already got me upset this year.” Soojin spoke with tears in her face. Sooyoung didn’t know what to say.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter