- day

When everything falls apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jessica realized that her day would be bad since early morning when Hyoyeon woke her up to help clean the apartment. She hates waking up early and hates cleaning the apartment.

She came to the dorm yesterday after spending a few days with her parents, before she had stayed in the Siwon camp house. But she didn’t expect to go back and have to do some cleaning. Why they didn’t do it while I was away? She thought in the morning, but there’s no way. Hyoyeon was determined and when she was about to finish her duties in the kitchen she saw Mrs. Choi and Soojin entering the apartment. Soon she realized something was wrong. Why would they come here without Sooyoung? And she was desperate when Mrs. Choi said Sooyoung was missing.

- “She is not missing, Mom. Don’t exaggerate. You said you spoke to her by message yesterday.”

- “I talked to Sooyoung too on Wednesday and she said she was okay and was at her house.” Taeyeon said.

Why would Sooyoung lie to her mother? Why she was exchanging messages with Taeyeon?

- “Why were you texting her?” Jessica asked Taeyeon, who looked at her in alarm.

- “Because she is my friend and I wanted to know how she was?” Taeyeon responded surprised with Jessica's attitude.

- “I also texted Soo this week and she said the same thing.” Yoona spoke and Seohyun, Sunny and Hyoyeon said they did the same.

Why did everyone send a message to Sooyoung except me?

- “Why didn’t you tell me that you talked with Soo this week?” Jessica asked Sunny who rolled her eyes.

- “The right question is: why YOU don’t talk to Sooyoung?” Sunny answered and Jessica looked away.

- “See, Soojin. Your sister is missing. I thought she was here and the girls thought she was at home.”

- “I spoke to Siwon.” Tiffany said as she entered the living room.

- “Tiffany, did you texting Sooyoung this week?” Jessica cut her off and Tiffany looked at her curiously.

- “And what did he say?” Sunny asked saving Jessica from more embarrassment.

- “He said he picked her up on Monday at her house and in the middle of the way they fight and broke up.”

- “Oh my gosh!” Mrs. Choi put her hand on her face.

- “He then left her here in front of the dormitory and left.” Tiffany continued.

- “Did he wait for her to come in?” Taeyeon asked and Tiffany shook her head.

- “What an .” Hyoyeon said and the girls glared at her.

- “He didn’t say anything else?” Soojin questioned.

- “He said to us not worry because when he comes back from Japan he will talk to Sooyoung and he's sure they will be back together.”

- “What a loser.” Hyoyeon again.

- “They broke up and Sooyoung didn’t tell me anything?” Jessica spoke softly, but no one heard her. Soo knew how much I wanted her to break with him. I was sure I would be the first to know when that happened. Jessica thought still absorbing the information. She took a deep breath and noticed the girls arguing.

- “Hyoyeon don’t talk like that about Siwon.” Tiffany asked pointing at Mrs. Choi. They all knew how much Sooyoung's mother likes Siwon.

- “But he's a loser.”

Focus on Soo, Jessica. Put aside the fact that you are the only one with whom Soo doesn’t send messages and that she broke up with Siwon days ago and only now you know. Later you think about it, Jessica. First you need to figure out where Sooyoung is so you can ask her about it.

- “Did the doorman see Soo?” Jessica spoke interrupting the discussion and they all looked at her. “Did the doorman see Soo enter the condo on Monday?” She elaborated the question and asked again.

- “I'm going to ask him.” Seohyun spoke and went to the kitchen to talk on the intercom

- “Didn’t Siwon say anything else, Tiffany?” Soojin insisted. By now he was the last person to see her sister and she suspected something else had happened.

- “He first said he left her here Monday in the dormitory and only when I insisted for more information did he talk about the breakup. But it seems like he's not accepting that much, so I'm sure Sooyoung that broke up with him.”

This is good. Jessica thought and smiled.

- “Like I said, he's an and a loser.”

- “Hyoyeon, stop…  " Tiffany would reprimand her again, but Soojin interrupted her.

- “She is right. I'm glad my sister did that, but why didn’t she tell anything to us? Why did she disappear?” Soojin spoke with concern on her face.

- “The doorman said he didn’t see Sooyoung.” Seohyun said.

- “Soojin, something is wrong. Let's call the police.” Mrs. Choi spoke desperate

- “What's going on?” Yuri asked as she entered the apartment and saw her friends in the living room with Sooyoung's relatives. She put the food bags on the table.

- “The apartment was so dirty that you needed help from Mrs. Choi and Soojin to clean everything?” She joked and rubbed her finger on a dirt on the table. “This table looks pretty dirty yet.” Hyoyeon glared at Tiffany.

- “Yuri, forget the table, we have a much more important problem.” Tiffany said, ignoring Hyoyeon's gaze. “Sooyoung disappeared.”

- “She disappeared?” Yuri's eyes widened.

- “Since Monday. She told Mrs. Choi that she was here in the dormitory and told us she was at her house. But she was not in any of those places.” Tiffany explained quickly and Yuri looked at her in confusion.

- “What do you mean?”

- “Monday she argued with my mother.” The girls looked at Mrs. Choi with this new information who remained motionless just looking at Soojin and Yuri. “So she went out with Siwon and it seems she broke with him.” Yuri smiled at that information. “So he left her here in the dormitory, but it seems she didn’t come here. Now we don’t know where she is. Yesterday she sent a message to my mother saying she was well and was here. We came today to see her and we were surprised not to find her here.” Soojin explained.

Yuri continued quietly absorbing the information.

- “We already tried to call her and it just goes in the mailbox.”

- “Yuri, tell me you know where she is?” Jessica asked her friend. She knows how close they are. Yuri looked at her and could see Jessica's despair. What would Sooyoung think if she knew Jessica was very worried about her?

- “You are our only hope, Yuri. Did she tell you where she was?” Soojin asked calmly, but Yuri could see the worry on her face. They all stared at Yuri.

- “She didn’t say anything, Soojin.” Yuri said and they all sighed in frustration. “But I think I know where she is.” She said with a smile on her face.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

- “You can’t ask that to her, Dahyun!” Stella stood staring at the detective. The police officer had already talked to her boss and quickly they think in a strategy as he negotiated his team's involvement into the terrorist attack case, Dahyun returned to the room accompanied by another police officer to explain to Sooyoung, Stella, and Ye-Jin what they intended to do.

- “We need to arrest the terrorist as soon as possible, Stella. And tracking his call to Sooyoung is the best strategy.”

- “But she needs to talk to him for more time. This is a torture. You can’t ask her for that, Dahyun. Besides, it’s risky. If he notices something?” Stella was very nervous. If only with the call Sooyoung was nervous, imagine her state after talking to him for more than 5 minutes.

- “Sooyoung already has spoken to him for long minutes as she described to us.” Dahyun defended.

- “But you're suggesting she start the conversation. He who always forced her to listen to his threats. Why would he listen to her?”

- “People like him are vain and would love to be able to tell their acts to others. Sooyoung is probably the only person with he talks about what he did. I just asked her to encourage him to talk more about his pretensions, that may extend the conversation and we'll be able to trace him, Stella.”

- “You are demanding too much from Sooyoung. She already has done too much.” She slammed her hand on the desk irritated.

- “I can do this.” Sooyoung spoke and everyone looked at her. “I can try. How long do I need to talk to him?”

- “Soo…” Stella said sadly to hear her girlfriend agree to Dahyun's plan.

- “At least for 5 minutes, but the longer you get the better. We'll tap your cell phone, but to trace the source of a call we need time. Especially if the call is from another cell phone, which probably should be. He called you from 4 different numbers, just one time from a public phone, the other times was from a cell phone and the next time probably will be the same.”

- “By the number you can’t know the location or track it?” Stella asked not accepting that Sooyoung will have to extend the conversation with the terrorist.

- “Unfortunately not. Not cell phone.”

- “But what about the public phone? There was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter