- Happy new year

When everything falls apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When Jessica arrived, an hour before the new year, the girls were dancing on an improvised dance floor in the corner of the room. A colored light that Kate brought gave the mood to the place and they all seemed to be enjoying themselves. Even Mr. and Mrs. Choi risked a few steps on the floor that was being dominated by Hyoyeon, but Eunhyuk wasted no time when he arrived with Jessica, Donghae and Heechul.  Everyone seemed to be having a great time.

- “So now I have male competition.” Kate thought aloud.

- “I don’t think we have any chances against you.” Heechul said pointing to the girls who were dancing with a glass in hand.

- “They really liked my drinks. Even the maknae is drinking.”

- “Oh my God. You are really good.” Heechul praised the photographer.

- “Yes. I said they were with real fruit and I didn’t put sugar and she agreed to take it. It's already her second drink.”

- “You really have a way with women.”

- “That's what they all say.” Kate grinned.

- “Let's make a bet?”

- “What type?”

- “Who can kiss one of the girls today.”

- “No way.”

- “Why not?”

- “First of all they declare themselves straight. Which leaves me in total disadvantage. But there are two elements in this party who are my biggest enemies to win any kiss of not so straight girl today animated with a little alcohol.”

- “What is?” Heechul asked. He was having fun with Kate, even though he had never seen her before.

- “This two.” Kate pointed at Mr. and Mrs Choi.

- “Really true. But if it was to choose, who would you choose?”

- “Hmmm, look at me. I'm not wearing sunglasses, I don’t have a guide dog and a cane. I‘m not blind. They all are beautiful!”

- “Anyone then?”

- “I am gentle girl. It's rude to speak anyone I'm more for all of them.”

- “You really are good at it.”

- “Thank you, now say good things about me to your friends and maybe I'll give you some hints.”

- “I really need these hints.”

- “Maybe, but you seem to be cool. I don’t even know you and we talked about girls already. Somehow you're good too.”

- “Nice to meet you. I am Heechul.”

- “I'm Kate. Stella's friend and the artist behind those drinks and that playlist.”

- “Are you DJ?”

- “I'm a photographer, but I like to play too. But today I only put a playlist, if I were DJ I would not be able to make these drinks for the girls. And I think they're in more need of alcohol than music.”

- “You are really cool.” Heechul praised her again.

- “This is the second time you praise me. You know I don’t play for your team, right?”

- “Hahaha I know, but you understand women, so I made the right choice to approach you.”

- “You are on the right track. You know how to praise a woman.” Kate joked with Heechul. “But then, I can’t choose just one girl, can you?”

- “Yes.” Heechul said looking at the dance floor.

- “Who?” Kate followed his gaze.

- “Soojin.”

- “Hmm, the sister. Good choice.”

- “I think it's the best choice.” He spoke admiring Sooyoung's sister.

- “Look, we have a boy in love here.” Kate laughed at Heechul. “She liked the strawberry drink very much. I can make you a drink and you give it to her, what do you think?”

- “I think it will be awesome.” Kate started to do drink and continued talking to Heechul.

- “Your friend there does ’t need any hints of me right? He is already in good company.” Kate pointed at Donghae who had joined his friends and now danced with everyone on the dance floor while Jessica just stared.

- “He got a big fish.”

- “Don’t talk like that about a girl.” Kate scold him.

- “Sorry. But then, I don’t think it will last.”

- “Why?”

- “She didn’t want to come here today. She told him to come alone, but he said he would spend the New Year's party next to her. Then she agreed to come, so she didn’t have to be alone with him.” Heechul laughed, remembering Jessica telling that to Donghae. “But she made him promise to buy a lot of things for her. Anyway, I don’t think she likes him. She never wants to be with Donghae and I never see her looking at him the way he looks at her.” They both looked away at Jessica who was not really looking at Donghae. Kate followed her gaze and saw it’s in Sooyoung who was talking to Stella in a place further away from the dance floor.

Does Stella have competition for Sooyoung?

- “And how's your bruise in your head?” Stella asked as the two of them stared at the dance floor amused by the excitement of their friends.

- “It's ok.” Sooyoung smiled at her friend.

- “But your sister told me that you were not doing well these days because you were in pain with that injury.” Stella asked worriedly.

- “You arrived and my pain is over. I think I missed you.” Sooyoung grinned with her own comment.

Stella smiled at the girl's attitude, but deep down she knew something was wrong.

- “You really have surprised me, Sooyoung, but your smile doesn’t fool me. I know there's something very serious going on here.” Stella pointed at Sooyoung's head. “And you know you can count on me.” Stella said looking Sooyoung in the eyes. But the younger girl turned her gaze to Stella's lips, who immediately lifted her chin and spoke again.

- “It's no use divert my attention to something I really want.” Stella said referring to Sooyoung's gaze. “Besides, we can’t repeat what we did at the hospital here at your house.”

- “Not here, but we can go to my room.” Sooyoung said again with a mischievous grin.

- “Is this an invitation?”

- “Absolutely.”

- “But not now, because I need to go to the bathroom.” Stella spoke and smiled when she saw Sooyoung pout. This girl is going to kill me.

- “I'll get a drink too, you want something?”

- “I want to go to my room, but my company denied my invitation. So I'll stay here with Seoul absorbing the rejection.” Sooyoung joked and Stella laughed at the girl.

- “Behave yourself.” Stella warned.

- “Pink promise.” Sooyoung raised her little finger.

Stella left and Jessica has already arrived at Sooyoung side.

- “Big party.” Sooyoung was surprised by Jessica's presence.

- “ Yeah, yeah, the girls really know how to have fun.” Sooyoung answered a little uneasily. It was the first time she had talked to Jessica since the show day and all their talk when Jessica rejected her.

- “You're drinking?” Jessica asked worriedly with the glass Sooyoung held.

- “Yes, but it's not alcoholic. Stella bought some kind of alcohol-free champagne.” Sooyoung smiled at Stella's attention in bringing something for her to drink, since she could not drink anything alcoholic because of her medications.

- “So it’s Soda?” Jessica asked annoyed at the way Sooyoung was talking about the older girl.

- “No, it's a sparkling wine, only without alcohol.”

- “She really is nice to you.” Jessica spoke still uncomfortable.

- “Yes. She said that she knew her friend would make drinks and I couldn’t drink and brought this to me. She really is cool.” Sooyoung praised Stella and was glad that the conversation with Jessica was good.

- “Much more than your fiancé.” Jessica said and regretted the moment the words came out of .

Sooyoung rolled her eyes at Jessica's remark. I would love to tell anyone how much Stella was better than Siwon, but not to Jessica.

- “I don’t remember the last conversation I had with you that didn’t involve Siwon.” Sooyoung said. “And it's always you that brings him to the conversation. It became an obsession.” Jessica regretted the moment the words came out of when she spoke about Siwon, but she was very angry when she heard Sooyoung accusing her of having an obsession with Siwon.

- “I obsessed with him? And you who still engaged to a guy who threatened you, me, your ex-best friend and Stella your new best friend. Only obsession explains how you feel about him.” Sooyoung didn’t answer. She had nothing to say and was really annoyed with Jessica always talking about Siwon. She looked around looking for Stella. She never imagined that Jessica's company would bother her so much.

Jessica always had Sooyoung's full attention and seeing her looking sideways bothered her more than she imagined.

- “Did you see that I kept my promise?” Jessica teased once again and Sooyoung rolled her eyes. “Unlike

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter