- 24h

When everything falls apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry for the late, but today we have a new chapter with 8k words. My new record LOL

And we have A LOT with the other girls. Have a good reading and sorry for the mistakes.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Sometimes it's hard to be a famous person, but sometimes it opens doors for you. That's how Jessica got into the ICU unit. She would need permission from Sooyoung's family for this, but the tears on her face and a small smile were enough for her.

When she left the room Jessica saw Sooyoung's family talking to the doctors. She could hear the conversation and really Sooyoung was in the ICU unit, that's when she went to the restricted area without waiting for anyone. That's why she was alone looking at her friend through the room glass.

The shock of seeing her friend was inevitable. She didn't know what she was going to see, but she didn't expect that.

If Sooyoung always stood out because of her height, here she looks tiny. Surrounded by tubes, medical devices ... Jessica never thought she would see her friend in that situation. From there Jessica could see that Sooyoung had her head bandaged, her left arm was in a cast, and tubes came out of , nose .... Jessica leaned her forehead against the glass, closed her eyes full of tears and silently cried.

-"Oh my God, Soo, why this happen to you?" Jessica told herself.

She's always been a very rational person. But what she wanted most at the moment was wake up from this nightmare, and the moment she opened her eyes again none of that would have happened. She, Sooyoung and the girls would be in the dormitory discussing what they would eat for lunch. Hyoyeon and Taeyeon would disagree on where they would eat, Yuri and Tiffany would suggest something different and Sooyoung would whisper to Jessica "I eat whatever you want to eat, Sica."

Thinking about how her friend always looks for her brought a small smile on Jessica's face.

-"You cann't leave me, Soo. I need you by my side." Jessica whispered as if she speaking in Sooyoung's ear.

But she knew she didn't need to wake up from a nightmare for that to be different. She just had to say yes when Sooyoung asked if they were going to the park together. It wasn't the first time Jessica stood up with Sooyoung. She lost count of how many times she gave up on going out to eat with her friend, riding a bike, watching a movie... But Soo was always by her side. Soo always accompanied her when everyone said no. Soo never abandoned her.

Finally with her eyes open, Jessica looked at her friend lying on the bed and once again whispered as if she were talking privately with her.

-"Soo, if you recover, I promise never to refuse an invitation from you. I promise to be less lazy and to be as good friend to you as you is to me."

This moment was interrupted when she heard a crying near her. Still with her head against the glass she turned and saw Sooyoung's parents. Ms. Choi was very strong until now. Jessica was impressed by the strength of that woman when they were in the waiting room. But seeing her daughter on a hospital bed seems to have been too much, and now she was crying compulsively on Mr. Choi's shoulder. "How can I not feel guilty?" Jessica thought.

Jessica looked at her friend again and wondered what to do. If on the one hand she wanted to stand there with Sooyoung and wait for the exact moment when she would open her big eyes, on the other she didn't have the guts to look into Mr. and Mrs. Choi's eyes. "Where are the girls? I knew I should not have come here alone."

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Being a performer taught many things to Yuri, among them "walking fast." If this ability is important to the shows, using it at important moments in life seems pointless. As soon as Soojin called them to go to the ICU unit, Yuri hurried and took the lead. As soon as she arrived at the entrance, she was prevented from entering, she needed the authorization of a direct relative. She looked back and saw that her friends were coming, but they were not in a hurry. "Why does it look like I'm the only one in a hurry here?"

-"Soojin, you need to authorize our entry." Yuri informed.

-"Ok, you need everyone's document? We'll see the patient Choi Sooyoung.I am her sister's."

-"I'm sorry, I can only release three more people."

-"Why?"

-"The permission is only 3 people per day per patient in the ICU unit, but for Miss Choi three more people were able to go. So only three of you can come in today."

-"Three? Only my parents are inside."

The attendant looks at the computer again and confirms that three people are inside.

-" Jessica Jung, Ms. Choi and Mr. Choi already entered."

Taeyeon and Hyoyeon rolls their eyes when they hear Jessica's name.

-"Okay, Siwon and I are going to come in, who of you wants to come in too?"

Only Donghae didn't volunteer. Soojin looked at the girls and said:

-"I'm going to go in with Siwon and then you decide who's coming in, okay?"

The girls agreed and looked at each other, but were silent. They all wanted to see Sooyoung, but they didn't want to go over each other.

-"You can play rock-paper-scissors." Donghae interrupts the silence.

-"You could take your girlfriend from there and two people could enter and not just one." Hyoyeon scold Donghae.

-"Jessica isn't my girlfriend, yet, and I didn't even know she was there."

-"Why does Jessica have to leave?" Tiffany asks.

Hyoyeon rolls her eyes again and doesn't respond Tiffany.

-"Jessica will bother Sooyoung's parents with this guilty thing." Taeyeon responds.

-"Guilty?" Donghae asks and Hyoyeon looks at him and gestures that she will explain later.

-"You two definitely will not go in there. Not with that attitude with Jessica." Tiffany decides and looks at Yuri who visibly eager to come in and see Sooyoung, but waited for the best decision of her friends.

-"That's not fair." Complain Hyoyeon.

-"Don't talk about what's fair or not when our friend saved more than three hundred people today, but she's in there fighting for her life." Yuri answered nervously.

All of them had already lost their head with everything that happened, but Yuri, until now remained optimistic and only now gave evidence of uncontrol. "She deserves to see Soo and I'm sure she'll deal well with Jessica and I will stay with those two hot heads." Tiffany thought.

-"You go, Yuri."

Yuri opened a huge smile.

-"I love you, Fany. I have my cell phone. When I hear something, I warn you." Yuri said heading for the entrance not expecting the other girls to agree with Tiffany's decision.

-"One positive thing about Sunny, Yoona and Seo haven't come is this: Three less to fight to see Sooyoung." Hyoyeon comments.

-"They are so worried about Soo that they would beg to not enter." Taeyeon speaks sarcastically.

-"Oh My God, Yuri owes me one." Think Tiffany.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Jessica's luck is that no one had noticed her yet. Even Soojin and Siwon had not yet come to talk to her. They were with Sooyoung's parents and talking to two doctors who seemed to speak more of the same.

-"It looks like it's going to be the two of us making company for Soo today."

Jessica looked around and saw that Yuri was there.

-"Where are the girls?" Jessica asked, looking back at Sooyoung.

-"Only six people can enter the ICU unit. Actually only three can enter, but for some reason they have left six." Yuri explained. "For your luck they authorized six, or else Soojin wouldn't be able to enter, since you were here."

-"I didn't know, I just walked in alone."

-"How? They just let me in because of Soojin."

Jessica shrugged and stood still looking at Sooyoung.

-"Maybe the attendant like more Soosica than Soori." Yuri teased trying to wring Jessica a smile unsuccessfully.

-"When I got here I was shocked to see Soo like this and you came here making jokes."

-"It's the way I handle it."

-"It's a weird way."

Yuri sighs.

-"Why didn't Tiffany, Hyo or Taeyeon come instead of Siwon?"

-"He's her boyfriend." Yuri said.

-"Even Seohyun would make Soo happier than him."

-"Lately you just criticized me and in a small sentence you offended Siwon and Seohyun. What's gotten into you?" Yuri asks.

-"If you like him so much, go there and make your jokes."

-"Look Jessica, I don't know why you want to fight, but I will not do it."

-"I was at peace here until you arrived."

-"Okay, I got that, I'll leave you alone. But it is not pushing people away that will decrease your guilt, pain or whatever you are feeling." Yuri walks away and addresses Sooyoung's family.

"I don't need anyone. I just need Soo to be okay." Jessica thought and new tears fell on her face.

-"Please, Soo. Come back to me." Jessica whispered.

"She's a tough head." Yuri left her annoyance with Jessica aside and approached Sooyoung's family and saw that they were still talking to the medical team. She put her hand on Mrs. Choi's shoulder, which turned her head with tear-filled eyes. Yuri hugged her, ignoring the people around her.

-"Did you see my little baby in that bed? She looks so small, Yuri." Mrs. Choi spoke crying.

The first impression Yuri had on seeing her friend was in horror. "Does she get out of this?" But she let those thoughts go, and she came back to believing in her friend's strength.

-"You may cry that it does well to cleansed the soul, but I'm sure Soo will come out of it and will continue to be your baby. Soo is the strongest among us and she will once again prove it to everyone."

-"How long will your optimism last, Yuri?" Jessica sighed to herself as she heard Yuri talking to Sooyoung's mother.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

-"But why did you wait for Choi Sooyoung and didn't run off with the others?  You didn't know each other, right?" The policeman asked Stella.

-"Because unlike the Seoul police I don't leave people behind." Stella replied with irony.

She had been giving her testimony to the police for almost an hour, and her irritation with the approach was obvious. She told the whole story to them in more detail than she had told Sooyoung's family except her kiss and attraction to the girl and yet the police seemed to doubt her and worse, doubt Sooyoung's actions. Stella was accompanied by her friend Ye-Jin, who was now acting as her lawyer.

-"Do you really think it prudent to be disrespectful to a police officer?"

-"Is this a threat?" Stella confronts the officer. The other officer, who seems to be more thoughtful, calms down her partner.

Ye-Jin had never seen this aggressive side of Stella. She understands her friend's reaction.From the beginning the approach of the policeman was questionable, but she didn't imagine that her friend could face it that way.

-"Stella, losing your temper will not help." Ye-Jin whispers warning her friend and client.

-"About 4 hours ago I almost died in a crazy explosion and thanks to Sooyoung I have the privilege of being able to talk to this wonderful cop who is doubting her actions. Tell me how to stay calm?"

The policeman looks at her irony with disapproval.

-"You're a lesbian, right? Must be a passionate fan of Sooyoung."

-"This is an absurd!" Ye-Jin who was calm until this moment couldn't stand it.

-"I was accepting yours unprofessional approach so far, but this is absurd. The testimony ends here. All this has been recorded and I'm sure we'll see each other again, officer. And good luck in doubting over three hundred people. Yes, because this is the number of witnesses we have. While you are more concerned about defending your back a very dignified person did what you and your people should have done. If it were not enough, now you came here and disrespect my client. My client has nothing more to declare." Ye-Jin looks at Stella, who looks at her admiringly and they both leave the room. Stella hugs her friend outside.

-"Ye-Jin, you were awesome. I've never seen you like this."

-"He's been a jerk from the beginning, but homophobia takes me seriously. Are you alright?" Ye-Jin laughs and answers her friend.

-"I wasn't, but you have improved my mood." Stella replied with a smile.

-"Let's go home? You need to take a shower and rest."

-"Yes. I just need to see if there's anything new about Sooyoung. Where's Kate?"

-"She's waiting for us in the private waiting room."

-"You will meet the girls in person. They are beautiful." Stella provokes her friend who is a big fan of the group. Ye-Jin is quiet.

They enter the room and see Kate sitting in the corner with her cell phone and Tiffany, Taeyeon, Hyoyeon and Donghae sitting in the other corner in silence.

-"Excuse. Any news?" Stella asks for no one in particular.

-"The same. In 24 hours, I mean, in 21 hours we will have more news about." Tiffany answered.

-"Stella!". Taeyeon called to her. "I'm sorry sooner. I discount my anger at the wrong person. I'm so sorry". Stella smiled, she didn't expect that.

-"Apologies accepted." She smiled at Taeyeon who smiled back. "If you want to discount your anger, I advise the policeman who just talked to me. He's an ."

-"What happened?" Hyoyeon became interested.

-"He doubted Sooyoung's actions."

They all stared in amazement.

- "I believe that the negligence of the police in the attack generated the image crisis of the police. Kate told me that the Internet is all about this bacause  what Stella said when she asked help for Sooyoung on TV and the testimonies of the other survivors." Ye-Jin interrupted. "They will try to reverse this by putting Sooyoung's actions to the test. I think they'll talk to you all soon. Be prepared." Ye-Jin reported.

-"I don't believe!" Tiffany was shocked.

-"Those bastards." Hyoyeon hit the table.

-"I am sorry, girls, but I'm going home. I need to take a shower and get some rest. Can I get the number of any of you to find out about Sooyoung?" Stella asked.

The girls hesitated for a moment.

-"I would leave my number with you, but in this confusion I lost my cell phone and..."

-"Here, take my number." Taeyeon handed Stella a paper with her number written down.

-"There's Tiffany's number too, she's better with those things."

-"Thank you. Don't worry,  I will not show your number to anyone." Stella smiled.

-"We trust in you and come and visit Soo, she will like to see you." Tiffany replied smiling.

-"I'll come for sure. Good luck with the police and let's pray for Soo." The girls said goodbye and left.

-"I can't believe you have the number of Taeyeon and Tiffany. It is the dream of all Asian lesbians." Kate friend.

-"Shut up." Stella rolled her eyes.

-"Ye-Jin, you as her lawyer have to require these numbers to mediate the dialogue." Kate teases her friend.

-"If it was Yuri's number she would have stolen it from me." Stella jokes with her friend.

-"You shut up and let's go." Ye-Jin scold her friend.

-"Apologizing and giving our numbers to Stella. Who are you and what have you done to my friend Taeyeon?"

Taeyeon laughed.

-"I don't know. Stella seems to be trustworthy."

-"Hey, what about me? I put sense in this brat head." Hyoyeon said slapping Taeyeon's head.

-"Tiffany, let's call Yuri? She's been there for over an hour." Donghae interrupted.

-"Okay, I'll call."

-"Hey Fany."

-"Yul, how are things over there?"

-"Sad. Mrs. Choi is devastated."

-"Oh, my God. She seemed so strong."

-"I was shocked when I saw Soo in bed full of gadgets. For her mother must be worse."

-"And the doctors said something new?"

-"Nope. The same. Wait 24 hours, but more than 2 have passed ... I dont know how many more hours we have to wait."

-"I see."

-"The girls called?"

-"No, they didn't call or anything. And Jessica?"

-"I don't know. She doesn't leave the front of the room. She sits all the time looking at Soo as if expecting her to wake up."

-"She is suffering ".

-"But I am too, we are. Isolating yourself will not help."

-"She'll be fine. Have patience with her."

-"I will, but it is not easy. I'd just like to worry about Soo, but everything seems to be falling apart."

-"Hey, don't lose your faith. Soon Soo wakes up and everything will be solved".

-"Okay".

-"Have you lunched?"

-"Not yet. I want to see if I can drag Jessica over to eat something with me. And you?"

-"Donghae brought some things to eat."

-"Thank you for your support, Fany. I'll try to talk to Jessica again."

-"Go and send a hug to everyone."

-"What's up?" Hyoyeon asked Tiffany.

-"The same. We have to wait."

-"But what about Soo's parents?" Donghae asked.

Suddenly two policemen enter the room.

-"Hello, can we get your testimony?"

-"Of course." Hyoyeon responds with an ironic smile already anticipating for what is coming.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

-"Two hours ago I wondered how long you could be optimistic. Listening to you talk to Tiffany made me realize that maybe not for long."

-"Since when do you listen to other people's talk?"

-"We are in a quiet place and there is a person shouting on the cell phone. You should be surprised if I didn't listen. Your luck is that Sooyoung's parents left, or they would have to hear you talking about them and their suffering."

-"If attacking and offending me will make you feel better, okay, I'll take that."

-"Don't be so dramatic. It's just the truth."

-"And what is the truth behind your behavior?"

-"You. Your optimism irritates me."

-"Sooyoung is also optimistic. Are you annoyed with her too?"

-"Sometimes, but you're more annoying."

-"And you don't think your coldness is annoying too?"

-"I don't care. That's your difference with Soo. She doesn't mind with my coldness, so I don't bother with her happiness. You bother with my coldness and take it personally."

-"But right now you're not being cold. By now you've been the one who most cried and you're looking at Soo in this window as a psychotic stalker. Besides you're arguing with me here. If you were cold, you wouldn't mind." Yuri speaks with a smile of satisfaction.

-"So leave me alone and run to the press and announce that from today I will not be the Ice Princess anymore, I will be the Crying Princess." Jessica says annoyed and Yuri laughs.

-"I have already accepted that I will forever be an annoying person to you." Yuri raises Jessica's chin and looks into her eyes. "What can I do to calm you down?"

-"Say that I have reason to feel guilty, because if I were not lazy Soo wouldn't be lying in a hospital bed full of tubes."

-"And since optimistic Soo doesn't annoy you so much as Yuri optimistically, what would she do if she was here in my place?"

-"I don't know, Yul. I, I ... I think she would give me a hug, she would tell me she understands my guilt, that she might feel the same way if she were in my shoes ... I don't know. I just know that I would give everything to her to be here, out of that bed and giving me a hug saying it's all a nightmare."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter