- Wide awake

When everything falls apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since the second day that Sooyoung is in a coma, it's Tiffany who spends most of the time in the ICU with Jessica. All the girls would love to be there, but with Tiffany, Sooyoung's family gets more comfortable and Yuri is more successfully in calm the nerves of her friends outside.

Yesterday Tiffany and Yuri were together in the ICU, because Jessica had finally returned to the dorm to rest. But she came back soon and managed to, (no one know how), to enter in the unit, even with the limit of people allowed. Today Yuri tried to do the same, but was unsuccessful.

"I know Yuri wanted to be here when Soo woke up, but I want to. I could not stand the anxiety outside. Soo is my little sister here in Korea, but sometimes she looks older than me." Tiffany thought.

"Fifteen minutes ago two doctors and two nurses entered the room to begin the procedure to wake up Soo. They asked us to be patient, but Jessica insisted on staying glued to that glass by seeing everything rather than waiting in the living room with Soo's family and Siwon. So here I am, accompanying my friend and dying of distress from everything that is going on inside."

-"Does it take too long?"

-"I don't know, Jessica. How about we wait there with Soo's family?"

-"No, I want to stay here."

-"Why?"

-"Because Soo needs to see a familiar face when she wakes up. She'll be scared to see those doctors' ugly faces."

-"Do you think she'll remember everything?"

-"Tiffany, she didn't have a serious head trauma, she was just sedated."

-"But sometimes you can lose memory, don't?

-"You watch a lot of novels, Tiffany."

-"By the way, Soo will be mad at me because I didn't see Man of Honor's episode yesterday." Tiffany whined thoughtfully.

-"This drama is so silly." Jessica rolled her eyes.

-"Don't talk like that. Me and Soo loved it. There's one more episode today. Maybe we can watch it. Will the bedroom have TV?"

-"Of course it will."

-"Does Soo have to stay in the hospital for a long time, Sica?"

-"I don't know, I hope not. She hated staying in the hospital because of the accident."

The two friends are quiet for a moment looking at what was being done inside.

-"Oh my God, I don't want to see it." Tiffany said covering her eyes at the sight of they taking her friend's intubation.

-"Fany, no scandal. The doctors even looked our way."

-"I don't understand how you can see that, Sica. I swore you were more distressed than I."

Jessica didn't answer and kept looking to see if her friend would wake up.

-"What is going on?" Siwon asked, approaching the girls.

Jessica rolled her eyes. "Due to Tiffany's scandal, this boring guy came here."

-"They took Soo's intubation." Tiffany answered.

-"Good, I'll let them know." Siwon headed toward Soo's family.

-"Siwon is so cool right? He didn't leave Soojin's and Soo's parents side."

-"He is a real apple-polisher."

-"Why this, Sica?"

-"I don't like him."

-"Why?"

-"Look, Soo is waking up." Jessica did not answer her friend when she saw that her friend was about to wake up.

-"Hello Sooyoung. I'm Dr. Xim."

Sooyoung looked confused at the doctor and then looked around.

-"You are in the hospital. How you feel?"

-"Hospital?" She asked in a weak voice.

-"Do you remember the attack in the Central Park?"

Finally Sooyoung found herself. "So that was not a nightmare?" She thought aloud. The pain in her chest, the pain in , the heavy head. This is all real.

-"Please, I need water." The nurse promptly gave Sooyoung water.

-"You were intubated, so you will feel a nuisance in your throat for a couple of days."

-"How are you feeling your breath?"

Sooyoung took a deep breath and felt a pain in her chest.

-"Breathe normally.Do not force. Your ribs are fractured and you can't make much effort." Sooyoung did as the doctor asked.

-"The oxygenation is a bit low." Said the nurse looking at the oximetry on Sooyoung's finger.

-"Sooyoung, you got a 4 day sedation because you had a pneumothorax. You had to breathe with support a  respiratory machine. Your breathing is still not 100%, but let's keep the oxygen until it normalizes and you feel better, okay?"

Sooyoung nodded and finally she could see the cast on her left arm.

-"You fractured your left arm and have 4 fractured ribs - 3 on the left side and one on the right side. And you had injuries in your hands and head and a few scratches."

-"4 ribs?! Wow!" Sooyoung was surprised and remembered the great pain she had felt in the park.

-"Do you remember how you hurt yourself?"

-"I think when I fall off the bridge ..."

-"In the first explosion?" The doctor asked.

Sooyoung stared at him for a moment and remembered that it's had more than one explosion. The images of the tragedy in the park began to invade her memory.

-"Oh my God, how's the girl? What about Stella? How many explosions? Have any other after the one in gallery?" Sooyoung asked anxiously, and the devices connected to her body warned of Sooyoung's exaltation.

-"Easy, young lady. You can't get excited that way. We'll finish the procedure and we will put you in the room so you can see your family and friends, okay? They'll tell you everything as long as you promise to stay calm."

Sooyoung nodded.

-"But I can tell you that you are a real hero and everyone is okay."

Sooyoung smiled relieved.

She looked away from the doctors and nurses and look at the glass of the room and her eyes met Jessica.

-"Sica." Sooyoung whispered to see her friend with tears on her face. Then she saw Tiffany crying too.

-"Fany." She whispered one more time. Then she saw Siwon next to Soojin. The thrill of seeing her sister with tears in her eyes made her eyes fill with tears too. And finally she saw her parents. Her mother was crying hugged to her father who also had tears in his face. The nurse watched Sooyoung's emotion and followed her gaze and commented.

-"You've got a lot of people worried, but everyone's so proud of you, Sooyoung." And she smiled at the most important patient she had ever attended in her young career.

-"Sooyoung. I'm going to talk to your parents. While Miss Kim will take you to your room, okay?"

-"Thank you so much, Doctor."

-"You don't have to thank me. We have to thank you. Now promise me to behave and obey all that Miss Kim will  telling to you. It's a pleasure to have you in our hospital, but we still want you to get out of here, okay?" Teased the doctor.

-"You can count on me, Doctor." She smiled.

-"Then combined. Later I'll see how you are." The doctor left and went to Sooyoung's parents.

-"Good morning, Mr. and Mrs. Choi."

-"Good morning, Doctor, how is she?" Sooyoung's mother asked anxiously. The doctor was surrounded by the family of Sooyoung, Siwon, Jessica and Tiffany.

-"She is very well. Her breathing has not returned 100%, so she will use oxygen for a few days. But otherwise it is responding very well. She is still a bit confused, as she has just woken up from sedation, but in a few minutes she will be nudged. I just ask that you be very careful to talk to her. She was very excited when she wanted to know what had happened, if people were okay. This is not good for her recovery. Then I'll ask that few people stay in her room. OK?"

Everyone agreed.

-"Miss Lee will guide you through the procedures and later I will see your daughter again."

-"How long will she be hospitalized, doctor?" Siwon asked.

-"It will depend on how her body responds. Today is november 16, so I have sure she doesn't leave here before november 26."

They all nodded in disappointment as they thought she would leave sooner.

-"But the important thing is that she is out of danger and now we need to have patience for her recovery."

-"Let's hope Sooyoung has patience too." Soojin whispered.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

 

-"Due to sedation, your wounds and the days you have rested, it will be a bit difficult to go to the bathroom, so please call me as I accompany you, Sooyoung."

-"Okay, thank you, Miss Kim." Sooyoung replied still confused but embarrassed that she would need help for something as basic as peeing.

-"Please call me Hyori. Your parents are waiting outside. For now, only they and your sister can come in, okay?"

-"Okay, but if I promise to behave, can you let more people in, Miss Hyori?" Sooyoung couldn't wait to see her parents and friends. "I know Sica, she must be blaming herself for not coming with me. I need to talk to her that it's okay."

-"I'll talk to Doctor Xim." Sooyoung smiled and thanked the nurse again.

Sooyoung looked at the door and could see her parents who rushed to embrace her.

-"Mom, Dad, Soojin."

-"It's so good to hold you, child." Your mother said touched.

-"Glad to see your big eyes open, sister."

-"YAH!"

-"I'm just kidding. But I missed you so much." Soojin said squeezing her sister's cheeks.

-"I'm so proud of you, my daughter." Her father hugged her carefully.

-"Thank you, Dad."

Than Mr. Choi held his daughter's face and saw the band covering the wounds on her head and began to cry. Sooyoung couldn't stand it. So she hugged her father and began to cry too.

-"It was so scary, Dad. But I couldn't run from there without helping anyone. Sorry if I made you worried."

He stepped out of her embrace, picked up his daughter's face again, looked into her eyes and said with emotion: "I am so proud of you, my child. No need to apologize. We are sad that you have hurt yourself, but we are very proud of you."

At that moment Siwon, Jessica and Tiffany entered the room and were thrilled with the scene.

-"Finally my Sleeping Beauty woke up." Siwon complimented his girlfriend. Sooyoung smiled shyly and closed her eyes as he kissed her forehead. "I missed you, my love." He whispered in her ear.

Sooyoung smiled, but then looked away and see her two friends.

-"You don't seem happy to see me." Sooyoung joked with her friends who had tears in their eyes.

-"This are tears of happiness, Soo." Tiffany bothered to respond and took her friend's hand. " When you can be held, I'll give you the world's tightest hug, Soo."

-"But I can get kisses." And pointed to her cheek. Tiffany did not hesitate and kissed her friend.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter