The Time We Spent

How Come You Don't Know?

Ji Hyo woke up when she felt a cold towel was placed on her forehead. As soon as their eyes met, Jong Kook greeted her with a smile. "How do you feel now?" he asked, tucking a strand of her hair behind the ear. She looked at him in clueless. Ji Hyo wondered if she's still dreaming, as she couldn't believe seeing Jong Kook right next to her. Her hand naturally touching his face, wanting to validate that he wasn't her imagination. "You're really.. here?" her voice was soft, but he could hear it clearly.

 

Jong Kook nodded and cupped her hand gently, "I was worried about you. You didn't answer my call, so I decided to barge in."

Ji Hyo took back her hand and avoided his deep stare, "I'm fine now. You may leave."

"Andwae. You don't look fine to me. Let me take care of you while you're still sick," he insisted.

She rolled her eyes, "I'm no longer your responsibility, oppa. Just.. go home."

"But I am home.. with you."

 

His short answer was unexpected. Ji Hyo tried to comprehend the meaning behind his words and the way he smiled at her. But her head was too dizzy to be able to think, making her hissed in pain as she massaged her temple. Jong Kook immediately shoved the medicine to , "Here.. take these. It will make you feel better." Reluctantly, Ji Hyo opened and let Jong Kook fed her with the pills. He helped her to drink water from the glass that he brought earlier, then gave her arm a gentle massage.

 

"What are you doing?" she questioned his kind gesture.

Jong Kook responded with a smile, "What does it look like I'm doing? I'm taking care of my wife."

"But I'm not your wife anymore. Didn't you get that signed document?"

 

Jong Kook just kept silence and continued to massage her arm. He pretended that he didn't hear her question and swiftly changed the topic, "I have prepared a special porridge. It's good to cool down your fever. Let me get it for you." He disappeared into the kitchen before she could say anything, knowing that Ji Hyo wouldn't stop asking that same question to him. Taking his own time to scoop the porridge into a bowl, Jong Kook tried to figure out how best should he respond to her.

 

He returned to her bedroom about 10 minutes later with a bowl of porridge. Though Ji Hyo wanted to feed herself, Jong Kook insisted to help her out. "Open your mouth.. aaa," he shoved a spoon of porridge to her lips just like a father feeding his daughter with food. It was awkward at first, but slowly the two of them were enjoying the moment they spent together. He made her laughed at his silly joke, showered her with his undivided attention to her needs and most importantly, made her forget about her illness. When she was ready to get up from the bed to take a shower, he naughtily by saying, "Do you want me to bath you my queen?"

 

"Yaa! Noh micheosso?!" she threw a pillow at him to send him off from her bedroom, while he couldn't stop laughing at her defensive reaction to his joke. Waiting outside in the living room, Jong Kook made himself comfortable on her couch by turning on the tv and watching the entertainment news. His face reddened as his naughty thought imagined what it's like to take a shower together with his wife, and that made his heart beat raced faster every second. "Stop it Kim Jong Kook! Let's focus on something else. Something like.. her beautiful, fair skin.. aigoo! Why do I keep thinking about.."

 

Her sudden appearance made him startled, "Thinking about what?". Jong Kook gulped when he saw his wife standing at her bedroom door in a white bathrobe with her wet, long hair. That was the first time he noticed her slender figure and how natural her beauty is, which made him desperately wanting to pull her into his arms for a long, passionate kiss. "Yaa Kim Jong Kook! Were you having a wild imagination about me?!" she yelled at him in embarrassment - bringing Jong Kook back to the reality. He immediately denied her assumption, "Excuse me! You're not that attractive, okay?! I've seen much better women before you!"

 

"Mworago?! So you've been looking at other women when we're together?!" she marched towards him furiously and went straight to grab a strand of his hair. Jong Kook screamed in agony. He apologized to his wife until she let him off - then quickly pulled her into his arms when she wasn't paying attention. Jong Kook locked his grip as she struggled to break free, ignoring her loud voice demanding for him to let go. "If you keep pulling my hair as you wish, someday I will get bold.. like Gary! Do you want me to be like him?!" he scowled. His image is so important to him, so Jong Kook was very sensitive when someone 'messing' with his precious hair.

 

However, the 'Bad Ji Hyo' doesn't care about the Commander's warning. Instead, she threatened him, "I will keep doing that if you don't take your hands off me now!". Because he chose to ignore her, she launched another attack - a bite on his arm!

 

"Yaa! Are you a vampire or something?!" he immediately released Ji Hyo who was laughing proudly at her victory. Jong Kook hissed while rubbing against the bite mark that she left on his skin. He should have expected it coming from Ji Hyo who has her own mechanism of 'self defence', but Jong Kook thought she would only use it for Running Man show. "I wouldn't bite if you just let me go when I asked!" she defended her action. Ji Hyo got up from the couch, but was pulled back by Jong Kook who was fast enough to grab her by the wrist. "Yaa Kim Jong Kook! Have you not learn a lesson?!" she yelled.

 

Jong Kook just chuckled, "Apologize to me for what you did."

"Fine.. mian," she tried to get up, but he kept pulling her down.

"Sincerely!" he demanded.

She rolled her eyes in annoyance, "Mianhaeyo.. oppa. I will not pull your hair or bite your arm anymore. Happy?"

He shook his head, "Not quite. I need a kiss."

"You need what?" her eyes widened.

"A kiss.. here," he pointed at his lips and pouted.

She poked his forehead, "Go and kiss someone else!"

 

Ji Hyo immediately ran off to her bedroom and locked herself in. Jong Kook chased her from behind - knocking on her door continuously despite she told him to leave. "You can't hide in there forever, my queen!" he chuckled while twisting the door knob like a mad person. Ji Hyo responded from the other side, "Of course I can! I just need my bed to doze off for days. Now stop knocking at my door and let me have a peaceful sleep!". But Jong Kook refused to retreat, "Andwae! I still want my kiss or else.."

 

The door was suddenly opened and she went straight to wrap her arms around his neck - pecked his lips although he wasn't ready for it. "There.. are you happy now?" she asked, to which he merely responded with a big smile on his face. Ji Hyo went back into her room and immediately locked her door, leaving Jong Kook standing at the same place and thinking about the kiss that she just gave him. At that moment, he was too happy to say anything. He's now convinced that he still loves the same woman, and so does she although Ji Hyo didn't confess her feeling towards him. Getting a divorce was definitely a BIG mistake for them, of which Jong Kook determined to undo his failure and capture her heart once again.

 

"Yeobo!" he called out to her.

She answered from her bedroom, "Wae?"

"Saranghaeyo!" he waited for her reply.

"Arasso.. arasso! Just go and watch the tv, will you?" she was too shy to say the same to him after that kiss.

 

Jong Kook giggled and sent himself back to the living room where the tv is at. He couldn't stop smiling, until he saw the headline on the entertainment news channel - "Actress Song Ji Hyo is up for a first date with her on-screen husband.. tomorrow".