The Reason We Gave

How Come You Don't Know?

She couldn't deny that she had so much fun on her first date with Bo Lin. Their conversation was getting better, and so does the way they interacted in front of the camera. Somehow her 'luck' wasn't working against her on-screen partner, of which Ji Hyo had to give Bo Lin free massage for her constant losses to him in all the challenges. Because her partner is an easy-going person and much younger than herself, she treated him as if Bo Lin is her little brother who she needed to 'look after'. But little she knew that all the small things that she did for him has triggered his interest towards the Ace of Running Man even more.

 

With the help from the filming crews, Bo Lin prepared a little surprise for Ji Hyo. Just like a scene from a romantic movie, the street lamps near the Dongdaemun Design Plaza were switched on when she made her entrance - following the heart sign as instructed by Bo Lin. At first she wasn't comfortable to walk alone in the middle of the frozen night, especially without knowing where she was heading. So the moment she saw her partner standing just a few steps from her, Ji Hyo felt relieved and overjoyed to see his smiling face.

 

But Bo Lin's sweet surprise doesn't end there. At his signal, the area was brightened up by a field of flower-like lamps, resembling the 'aurora' to her eyes. The scene was too beautiful for Ji Hyo to describe with words. It made her heart melted. After enjoying the view under the night sky, naturally they linked arms as they strolled down the beautiful path. Ji Hyo was speechless when Bo Lin suddenly wrapped her in his arm - promising that their next date will be somewhere in a warmer place. She simply agreed without asking much, and that's how the Orange Juice Couple reached to a concession.

 

Finally the camera stopped rolling around 10pm, but some of the crews were staying behind for supper. Because she hasn't got enough sleep the night before, Ji Hyo decided to excuse herself from the team. "Momo.. wait!" she turned around and saw Bo Lin running towards her. He smiled, "I just want to say thank you for today. I had a really great time with you." She nodded a little and was about to step away when Bo Lin asked, "Do you want me to drive you home? It's quite late. You must be tired by now."

 

"Gwaenchanayo, Bo Lin ssi. I drove my car today.. and my place is not that far," she politely declined his kind offer and pointed to her vehicle. But Bo Lin doesn't seem to be happy with her response, "Momo.. why did you addressed me formally? Just call me Bobo.. as we agreed." Ji Hyo forced a smile. The truth is, she doesn't want to speak informally with her on-screen partner beyond the working hours. She was afraid that it would be mistaken by anyone, and people would believed that their relationship is more than a show. However, Ji Hyo had no choice except to honour his request when he pleaded to her. "Let's not break the chemistry.. shall we? Besides, we must be very comfortable with the nickname from now on. Millions of people are watching us."

 

Bo Lin pointed to the crews who were watching them from afar. He happily waved his hand at the group, then excused himself from joining the supper, "I'm sending my girlfriend home. See you all again!". He turned to Ji Hyo who was slightly clueless with his action and said, "Kaja.. let's walk together." Bo Lin linked his arm with the actress without waiting for her permission. His face was beaming, although Ji Hyo was struggling to free herself from him. "I've told you that my car is here. Why do you still want to accompany me?" she protested.

 

"I know you came here in your car. That's why I'm walking with you, Momo. Since I'm not a local, I hope you can offer me a ride to my hotel," Bo Lin casually responded.

She was surprised to learn his real intent, "Mworago? So you want me to drop you off? What happened to your agent's car?"

He shrugged, "I guess the filming was too long. He doesn't want to wait."

"But.. why me?"

"Because the rest are staying for supper and you want to go home now. So might as well I accompany you," he smiled sheepishly.

 

As she doesn't want to upset her partner, Ji Hyo just let Bo Lin made himself comfortable in her car. He was very excited to sit in the same vehicle with the actress, and became very chatty throughout the journey. "You have a very nice car, Momo. How long have you been driving this?" Bo Lin attempted to have a casual conversation. Ji Hyo had to entertain him, "About 2 years. So when are you going back to Taiwan?"

 

"Aish.. you can't wait to get rid of me?" he pretended to sulk.

She immediately denied, "Ahneeoh! I'm just asking.. since you must be very busy with your work."

"If I tell you when I'm going back.. would you be kind enough to send me to the airport?"

She glanced at him with mouth agape, "Am I your driver now?"

He laughed, "Don't worry.. I'll do the same for you when you come to my home town later. At least.. we have a chance to get to know each other even better without the crews and stuff. Please Momo.."

She chuckled seeing the pouty lips of Bo Lin who was trying very hard to get her approval, "Fine.. but only because you need my help. So when is your flight day?"

"Tomorrow.. at 2," he rested his head and closed his eyes - preparing to take a nap.

But Ji Hyo wasn't going to allow him, "Yaa! Who said you can sleep in my car?!"

"So you want me to keep talking? I can do that."

"Or you can just stay still till we get to your place."

"Oh.. come on. That will be too boring. Anyway, I'm dying to ask you something," his eyes were locked on hers.

Ji Hyo was slightly uncomfortable with the stare, but she tried to ignore it, "Ask me what?"

"You don't seem to have anything lacking from my point of view. You're nice.. popular and cute for a 30-something lady. But why haven't you settled down? Is it true you that don't have a boyfriend or were you hiding something from everyone?"

Her heart skipped a beat as she tried to find the right words to defend herself, "Well I.. I was too busy okay? That's the reason I agreed to join the show."

"Seriously? To find yourself a real boyfriend.. or just for the entertainment?" Bo Lin threw another difficult question.

She stammered to reply, "Actually.. I.. I was.. I mean.. how am I supposed to know?"

"Come on, Momo. I'm sure you have a very good reason to accept the offer. After all.. you know what the show is about, right?"

 

Of course she knew, but now she felt like she did it for a wrong reason. Ji Hyo made a decision to take part in "We're In Love" because of her anger towards Jong Kook for asking a divorce. She thought it would be her 'sweet revenge' to her husband for breaking her heart, but things has changed recently. Their marriage is still intact, which put her in a 'weird' situation at the moment. On one hand, she is the wife of Kim Jong Kook. But on the other, she was dating Bo Lin who is much younger than her. Her personal relationship and her job commitment are all mixed up now. Ji Hyo couldn't help but wonder - was there a 'reason' for Bo Lin to enter her life at this junction?