The Doubt We Erased

How Come You Don't Know?

In that picture, they perfectly fit each other. Both were smiling, and that hurts his feeling so deep. Jong Kook doesn't understand why Ji Hyo made him looked at her 'wedding photo' with Bo Lin, but he was very disappointed with the actress. "What's the meaning of this?! Are you purposely cheating on me now?!" the Commander was no longer able to control his jealousy and simply raised his voice at her out of anger.

 

"So you're mad?" Ji Hyo remained calm despite being scolded by Jong Kook.

"Who wouldn't be when his woman is happily dating a younger man?!" he continued to scowl.

She took a deep breath and began to explain, "That's exactly how I feel when I first looked at your pictures with her, oppa. Just like my photo with Bo Lin.. it doesn't show us the whole truth, but still we're upset about it. To me that's normal. We'll all go through that same emotion.. and I'm included. Hence I asked you to give me time to heal.. so I can cool-off and think rationally on how to deal with it."

Kwang Soo chipped in when Jong Kook just stayed silence, "I think noona knows that you're innocent, hyung. She's just not ready to talk about it without getting emotional. So maybe you shouldn't force her to have that conversation with you too soon. Am I right noona?"

"Thank you for explaining, Kwang Soo! I know I can depend on you," Ji Hyo replied - feeling glad that she doesn't need to repeat the things she just said.

"That means.. you didn't blame me for this?" Jong Kook wanted to validate his assumption.

"Of course oppa. Why would I be? I trust you with my heart.. just like how I want you to trust me when you said that I can proceed with my shooting in Bali. Everything that I do here is purely work, no emotion involved. Arachi?"

"Mianhae, yeobo. I should be able to understand your position, but I let jealousy to take control of me. I know that I'm wrong now.. and I shouldn't yelled at you before I asked for the truth. Will you forgive me, please?"

"I don't have to, oppa. You didn't do anything wrong. Sorry if I made you think that way."

Kwang Soo was happy when the his hyung and noona have clarified the misunderstanding, "Yaa.. this is much better! You two are so in love with each other, therefore don't let a third party influence your relationship. Hyung, remember that noona has given her heart to you.. so take good care of it while it's yours. Noona, you shouldn't forget that hyung is the one man for you.. so don't take him for granted. You two are match made in heaven.. a perfect fit be it on or off screen."

 

The SpartAce thanked their dongsaeng for the reminder - something that they needed in case another problem arised. The two knew the consequences of going against the odd, hence they promised to always trust each other and never give up on their relationship without a valid reason. As long as no one knows about their marriage, both Jong Kook and Ji Hyo will be 'tested' to find out the depth of their love. They need to be resilient, or else their enemies will win.

 

Ji Hyo had to cut short the conversation as she needed to proceed with her shooting, but she didn't forget to say "Saranghae" to her husband before ending the call. Jong Kook was smiling again, knowing that he can brush off his fear of losing the woman he loves although they were miles apart.

 

"Finally I'm able to breathe Kwang Soo aah!" the Commander celebrated his happiness with good food for dinner. He ate a lot more than the usual, and never stop talking about his relationship with the Ace of Running Man. Honestly Kwang Soo has heard the same stories more than he needed to, but the tall guy just listened to his older friend and let Jong Kook be motivated by his love to Ji Hyo. "You're so different when you're in love, hyung!" Kwang Soo took the opportunity to tease the muscular man.

 

Jong Kook burst out laughing, "Am I? I guess that's the power of love my friend. It will change you into a new man.. see a new perspective and appreciate life more than you used to."

"Whoah.. now you make me feel incomplete without a girlfriend!" Kwang Soo replied while shoving food into his mouth.

"So what are you waiting for? Find yourself a partner. Fall in love with a girl. I'm sure a lot of females out there are looking forward to date you.. all except for your noona. She's mine," Jong Kook was so proud when he said that.

Kwang Soo just laughed in awkwardness, "Aish.. I don't have any feeling with noona. She's not my type anyway."

"She's better not.. or I will teach you some lessons!"

"Omo! Did you just threatened me?" Kwang Soo was slightly intimidated by Jong Kook's warning.

The Commander nodded while he picked up a piece of chicken meat with  his chopsticks, "I'm serious Kwang Soo aah. Don't you dare to try on her! Anyway.. have I shared with you how we started?"

"I think you've told me more than 10 times! I can easily repeat it from A to Z," Kwang Soo exaggerated the point.

 

(Reflecting the moment)

 

It was their first pepero game, and everyone was excited to see the result due to their excellent record in the past. The other players were teasing them before the challenge begin - with Suk Jin claiming that "These two could discover a feeling that they never realized" and "It could be a start of something new" as the SpartAce bit the end of the ice stick after they lost the rock-paper-scissors game to the Big Nose hyung. Even Gary was cheering for Jong Kook and Ji Hyo to kiss, although he is part of the Monday Couple. Joshing the two strong members of Running Man was merely for entertainment, yet the SpartAce were distracted by the 'naughty' conversation.

 

Because of that, Jong Kook decided to close his eyes as he was too shy to look at Ji Hyo directly. Once the game started, he lowered his body to adjust to the Ace's height, but unfortunately that made the ice stick broke in the middle. Ji Hyo was confused how it happened, while Jong Kook was very upset that they failed the mission. Gary's comment "What never meant to be, will never work!" made him felt unsettled, especially when his credibility as Mr. Capable was at stake.

 

Though the filming was over, Jong Kook wasn't satisfied with the result of the pepero game. He felt that they can do better - if only they had enough time to practice and put aside their shyness. So that night when everybody have returned home, the Commander decided to 'finish the job' with the Ace. He followed the actress to her place (that's how he discovered her address), then came knocking on her door with 'props' in his hand.

 

"Oh.. oppa! Why are you here? Did you just follow my car?" Ji Hyo was surprised to receive his visit. She was confused when Jong Kook asked her permission to come in, with an excuse that they still have an unfinished business to settle for. "Mianhae. I know this is kind of weird.. but I think we need to give ourselves another chance," he said while taking out a chocolate stick from a box. Her eyes captured the item in his hand, "What is that for? Wait a second. Do you want us to have another round of pepero game?". 

 

When he nodded, she threw another question, "But why? Because we failed?"

"I don't like the feeling of losing. So if we need to do this again in the future, I want to do it right," he briefly explained and placed the chocolate stick in his mouth.

But Ji Hyo disagreed, "Aish oppa! That was just a silly game! Why do you need to take it seriously?"

"Just practice with me.. ppali-ppali!" his hands were already grabbing her head and made her shrieking in awkwardness.

 

"Yaa! Why are you so persistent?! Aish!" she babbled, yet Ji Hyo opened and bit the end of the stick as Jong Kook instructed. The Commander gave the signal for them to start, and immediately they chew the chocolate stick as fast as possible. The first time they managed to get 3cm long, then it was getting shorter and shorter after few rounds. "Let's try one more. We can do better than this!" Jong Kook encouraged the Ace to keep practicing. But Ji Hyo was contemplating, "We already ate almost a box of chocolate sticks and scored less than 0.4cm long. How short do you want it to be?"

 

He took out the last stick, "This time we must get 0.2 or even better 0.1cm!"

"Mwo? That's impossible! Our lips will touch each other if it's that short!" she protested.

"Then just be it. Come on.. this is the last one I have," he successfully convinced the actress to try out for the final time.

 

So they chewed the chocolate stick, and steadily they became closer and closer. Ji Hyo began to slow down when the stick was getting too short, but Jong Kook kept approaching - showing no sign of stopping at faster rate. Then it happened. His lips were on hers, and their heart were beating fast out of rhythm. Jong Kook detached himself from Ji Hyo, allowing their eyes to communicate psychically. Unwittingly, his body was leaning over to the Ace - but this time, he went for a kiss.