The News We Announced

How Come You Don't Know?

Tae Jun walked into the President's office with an important document in his hand. With it, he was about to change someone's future including his own. Though he had to be a two-face man just to get hold of it, Tae Jun felt no regret for what he's done. He definitely knew that someday the truth will find its way out, but for now he was 'happy' to be the bad guy in between.

 

"You always bring me good news whenever you came.. 'Mr. Future CEO'!" the old man smiled as he welcomed his trusted man his nephew to take a seat.

Tae Jun just giggled when he heard the nickname that Mr. Kim gave to him, "That title sounds perfect for me.. isn't it, sir?".

"Indeed! I'm quite surprised that you're able to get those two to sign the divorce paper so soon. This is seriously beyond my expectation," Mr. Kim's was very pleased with Tae Jun's ability to complete the mission that was assigned to him.

After Mr. Kim has flipped through the document, Tae Jun kept it back in the same envelope, "I was lucky that she decided to drop by at the office before flying to Dubai. Getting her signature wasn't that hard when Jong Kook has already signed it.."

"Mwo? She's here? I thought you said that she was given two weeks off.."

"Not anymore. She decided to resign from this company.. now that her marriage to your son is over."

"Mworago? Resign? Andwae! Don't let her leave before I'm done. We still have an unfinished business with that woman," Mr. Kim began to worry if he couldn't get his revenge as planned.

 

Once he received new instruction from his uncle, Tae Jun left the President's office and went straight to meet Ji Hyo who was about to leave the building with boxes in her hands. He offered to carry the heavy boxes on behalf of the actress, but instead of taking them to her car, Tae Jun brought it back to her workstation. When Ji Hyo questioned his action, he casually replied, "Your resignation has been declined by the President. So you can't leave yet." The actress was surprised to hear it, "What do you mean he declined my resignation? I've signed that divorce paper.. what else does he want?!"

 

Tae Jun heaved a sigh as he put down the boxes, "According to the rule of this company, you need to give at least 3 months notice before you can take your stuff out for good. Also.. he really wants you to manage the project in Taiwan.. with me. Can you at least.. wait till end of this year?"

"Tae Jun ssi.. I'm sure you know that I have a real job to attend to. I have been struggling to balance between what I want to do and what I had to do.. only to end up losing the man that I love. Don't you think that it's unfair for me to stay and still working for the President?"

"I get it. You're frustrated.. but it doesn't mean you have wasted your time, Seong-Im aah. Many projects were completed and secured under your supervision.. so thanks to you. This company will definitely need a capable person like yourself to make things happen. Jaebal.. don't leave just because you're no longer a family to the Kims."

Ji Hyo forced a laugh to hide her sadness, "I was never a family to them, Tae Jun ssi. I'm more like an enemy than the daughter-in-law to the President. I'm well aware of where I stand. You don't have to defend them or making up stories just to get me to stay.."

"Geurae.. geurae. If you can't do it for the Kims, then will you do it for me? I need someone who can be my working partner in Taiwan and right now I don't see see anyone else who is fit for that. I promise that it's just for 3 months.. then you can resign if you want to."

 

The conversation that she had with the HR Director kept playing in her head while she walked out from the building. Ji Hyo doesn't know why she bothered to consider what Tae Jun has said to her, but at the moment she felt guilty for leaving the responsibility alone to Jong Kook's cousin. Not that she doubt the guy's ability to get the work done all by himself, however when he kept pleading for her to come along with him to Taiwan, Ji Hyo had a mix of feelings. It seems like the HR Director really need her support to run the big project in the foreign land, and it was also a good opportunity for her to 'hide' her pregnancy from the Korean fans and medias. Maybe that was her fate after all.

 

"Noona.. gwaenchanayo? Why are you frowning?" Kwang Soo who became her driver on that day couldn't help from noticing the sadness on Ji Hyo's face.

The actress fastened her seat belt as she replied to the tall guy, "Ah ni. Maybe I'm still tired from my long flight. Can't believe we need to fly again tonight."

"But aren't you excited that we all be going to Dubai for a shoot? I heard we can do many things over there."

"As long as we don't have to stay outdoor.. I'm cool with that. Cause I heard it gets colder at night," Ji Hyo replied while preparing herself to take a short nap at the passenger's seat.

As Kwang Soo wasn't comfortable with a long silence, he prompted another question to the actress, "But noona.. what are you doing at Jong Kook's father office? Don't tell me that you miss your in-law so bad!"

 

The question from Kwang Soo made Ji Hyo realized something. They haven't got a chance to tell their dongsaeng about the 'divorce thing', which made the actress took the chance to inform the latest news about their marriage. "Actually.. Kwang Soo aah, Jong Kook oppa and I.. we have agreed to split," she explained her situation carefully to the young man and waited for his reaction. As expected, Kwang Soo was extremely shocked and upset by the news. He unintentionally raised his voice at her, "Mworago? Yaa.. noona! Are you saying that you guys have divorced?!"

 

"We should have done it long ago.. but I was so stupid to hold on to something that wasn't mine to keep," Ji Hyo let out a heavy sigh.

But Kwang Soo was too furious with the decision made by the SpartAce, "I agree. You're stupid! Both of you! How can you give up so easily when you two are so in love with each other? It doesn't make sense!"

"It make sense when you have in-laws who are never happy to have you around, Kwang Soo! Trust me.. I've tried! I've tried so hard to make them accept my presence, but it only hurts me more when I continue to fight for my relationship. Yes I love oppa very much and I still do.. but love alone wasn't enough to make me happy."

"But Bo Lin can make you happy? Is that the reason you were so romantic with him lately? I've watched the clips and your pictures with him, noona. If I am Jong Kook hyung.. I will definitely hate what I saw. You can say that it's just for a show, but it's too real for my eyes and maybe for hyung as well."

"So what if I am happier with Bo Lin? At least he doesn't have cruel parents like Jong Kook," Ji Hyo giggled as she made a joke about it.

But Kwang Soo doesn't find it funny, "Yaa noona! Do you realize what you're saying right now?! Hyung will be very upset if he heard that from you!"

"No he won't! Gwaenchana.. your hyung and I will still be friends no matter what happened in between. If you don't believe me.. you can just ask him when we get to the airport."

 

After the 40 minutes drive, finally the two Running Man members arrived and met up with the crews who were ready to go to the departure hall. Their flight to Dubai will depart in two hours, giving them ample time to check-in at the airport counter. Kwang Soo couldn't help from observing the behaviour of Jong Kook and Ji Hyo since they got there. He was still 'disturbed' by the conversation with the Ace, hence the tall guy made a move once he had the chance. He followed Jong Kook to the restroom, dragged him into a quiet corner and asked, "Hyung.. is it true that you have ended your relationship with noona?"