The Things We Afraid Of

How Come You Don't Know?

Kwang Soo kept observing his favourite couple from the moment they met at the airport till they sat at the table for dinner. Something about the SpartAce made him wondered. All the answers given by Jong Kook seemed like an incomplete puzzle - making him extremely curious to know more than what was being shared from their stories. "Yaa Lee Kwang Soo! Why aren't you eating? Don't you like the food here?" Jong Kook's voice had brought back the tall guy to reality.

 

He just laughed. Awkwardly, he shoved food into his mouth while watching how Jong Kook interacting with Ji Hyo. The two were so deeply in love, as if the rest of the world doesn't exist. But right when he saw them stealing a kiss, an answer popped into his mind. Kwang Soo tapped his hands on the table all of the sudden, to which startled the SpartAce who were confused by their friend's reaction. "I know now!" the tall guy smiled sheepishly, feeling proud that he was able to 'crack' the code.

 

Thinking that her dongsaeng has figured out about their marriage, Ji Hyo was staring at Kwang Soo with bigger eyes. "What? What do you know?" she began to panic and shifted her focus to her husband. Jong Kook on the other hand scolded the young man for putting him in shock, "Yaa! What is wrong with you?!".

 

The tall guy chuckled while pointing his chopstick to the SpartAce, "I know how Jong Kook hyung was able to win over noona. I kept wondering why Gary hyung or even that lover boy Bo Lin wasn't able to convince Ji Hyo noona. Now I understand the reason."

"So that's what you were thinking about?" Jong Kook scoffed.

Ji Hyo was getting curious, "Wae? What have you figure out?"

"Noona, you've fallen for Jong Kook hyung because he kissed you twice.. on the lips. Am I right? That was the only thing that Gary hyung and Chen Bo Lin haven't got a chance to do before they can date you."

"Yaa! Don't encourage her to kiss another guy will you?!" Jong Kook shouted at his dongsaeng who immediately denied his accusation.

The conversation between the men made Ji Hyo burst out laughing, "I wonder myself too Kwang Soo aah! Perhaps I should experiment your 'kiss' theory?"

 

"Yaa!" was the only word that came out from her jealous husband. They thought it was funny to see the Commander in a 'protective-boyfriend mode'. Both Ji Hyo and Kwang Soo then apologized for teasing the Commander, so the conversation between them was back to normal. "You still haven't told me about Bali," Jong Kook reminded his wife about the topic that he was eager to know more. She took a sip from her glass, trying to stay calm as she began with a question. "What do you want to know first?"

 

He finished his last meatball and then focused on his wife, "Did anything 'special' happened over there? Cause I remember that last time he prepared something for you, didn't he?"

Ji Hyo answered with an innocent look, "To me it's just a normal vacation. We went to the beach.. played some games.. eating.. oh yes! He cooked for me. It was really good!"

"Well I've cooked for you before. So there's nothing special about it. What else?" Jong Kook chipped in with a splash of jealousy.

Kwang Soo cracked a joke to light up the conversation, "Yaa hyung! You sounded like an old grumpy dad interrogating his daughter who just came home from a vacation with boys!"

 

While the men were busy teasing each other, Ji Hyo felt her head was getting heavier. She massaged her temples in an attempt to ease the pain, but it won't disappeared. So the actress just quietly lowered her head, taking a deep breath while trying her best to focus on the conversation. "Yeobo.. gwaenchanayo?" Jong Kook began to worry seeing his wife in an uncomfortable position. He held her arm to support her body, in case Ji Hyo collapse all of the sudden. Kwang Soo was also concerned with the condition of his noona.

 

As she herself wasn't sure what went wrong with her physical, Ji Hyo just assumed that she needed a good rest considering the long journey from Bali. "I guess I am tired, oppa. Can you send me home please?" she felt guilty to cut the dinner short, but Ji Hyo couldn't tolerate the pain anymore. Even the smell of the food made her felt queasy, so she literally wanted to leave the table immediately. Kwang Soo suggested for Jong Kook to carry the actress to the car, but Ji Hyo insisted to walk.

 

"Mianhaeyo Kwang Soo. You didn't get to enjoy your food because of me," she apologized for spoiling the dinner. The tall guy just smiled, "Gwaenchana noona. We can do this again some other time. Have a good rest, arasso?". She nodded, allowing Jong Kook to lead her to the car. Kwang Soo decided to find his own transportation and let the SpartAce to have their own moment, so the three of them bid goodbye to each other outside of the restaurant.

 

Once they entered the car, she felt asleep almost instantaneously. Jong Kook took a good look at his wife. His hand naturally caressed her hair and tucked it behind her ear. He felt sorry for her. She seemed to have lost energy from attending her tight schedule, which made him wondered if Ji Hyo can handle another 'job' at his father's company. Knowing that his parents are against their marriage, Jong Kook worried that his wife will be having a hard time working for his old man. He was very afraid that someday Ji Hyo will conclude that it's not worth the effort, then decided to walk out from his life. He couldn't let that happen.

 

When she opened her eyes, they were already arrived at her place. Ji Hyo saw the smiling face of her husband, so she returned a smile to him. "How do you feel now, my queen?" Jong Kook asked as he kissed the back of her hand. "Much better. Sorry for troubling you oppa. I know you wish to have a proper dinner tonight.. but I've ruined it," Ji Hyo heaved a sigh in regret. He patted her hand gently, "Don't say that. I'm glad to have you back. That's more important to me." She nodded and released her seat belt. Before stepping out from the car, Jong Kook prompt a question. "Do you need me to look after you tonight? You don't look well, yeobo."

 

"Gwaenchana oppa. I know you're also tired. Perhaps I will feel better after I sleep. Besides.. we still need to catch up tomorrow. I need to discuss few things with you before I report duty to your father on Monday."

"About that.. do you want me to ask my father to postpone a bit? I don't think you should rush considering how tired you are with your tight schedule."

"If you do that.. I'm afraid he will question my persistence to protect our marriage. We can't let him doubt us, oppa. So I'll say we proceed with the plan."

"But yeobo.. I'm worried about you."

"Don't be. I can do this oppa. You just need to believe in me. Unless.. you're having a second thought about us?"

"Ahneeoh! Of course I want us to fight for our relationship. But Ji Hyo aah.. if it's too much for you to do it, just don't keep it to yourself, arachi? I'm always here for you."

"I know.. and that's the same reason why I need to do this. For you.. and for us. Saranghae oppa."

 

She planted a kiss on his cheek and stepped out from his car. They waved goodbye to each other, but Jong Kook only drove away once she entered her house. While driving home, his mind was filled with questions. Was it right to let Ji Hyo to force herself into doing it? Will they regret their decision later? What if.. he ended up losing her?