The Mission We Received

How Come You Don't Know?

The SpartAce were the last members to arrive at the location. Pretended that the kiss never happened, both Jong Kook and Ji Hyo approached the others as usual - not showing any sign of romance as husband and wife. But Jae Suk who is a strong supporter of the Commander-and-Ace relationship, became extremely excited just seeing the two strongest members of Running Man sharing a car to the filming site. "Yaa.. did you guys went for a date before coming here?" the national emcee smiled happily at Jong Kook and Ji Hyo.

 

While she didn't respond to Jae Suk's comment, her husband spontaneously denied on behalf of them, "Aish! How can you conclude that when we were only 5 minutes late?!". Jae Suk just laughed at Jong Kook's defensive mode. Then he turned to Ji Hyo and asked, "Are you going to deny it too?". The Ace put on her 'mong' face to save herself from having to answer, "What are we talking about?".

 

"Forget it, hyung. Ji Hyo won't even look at any of us since she's dating Chen Bo Lin!" Haha cracked a joke and made the casts (except SpartAce) laughing out loud. Ji Hyo felt the need to defend herself before Jong Kook unleash his jealousy, "Ah oppa! I was only doing it for a show.. but you guys are more like a family." "So that means you love us more?" Gary chipped in, followed by laughter among the male members. "Still.. that doesn't explain why Jong Kook was driving your car," Jae Suk persistently trying his best to get a confession from SpartAce.

 

This time, it was Jong Kook who responded to Jae Suk, "I chose to car pool with her since we came from the same location. Ji Hyo was asking me to register her name at the gym, so that's why I was with her. I can't let a woman be my driver.. so I've decided to take over the wheel." But the national emcee couldn't stop laughing at the Commander, "Suddenly our friend here became super talkative than he usually does! People always do that when they are feeling nervous or defensive!"

 

Fortunately the SpartAce were able to avoid the argument when the PD called everyone to start the shooting. Because they began around 6 in the evening, the work was only completed at about 3 in the morning. On days like this, all the members and crews were given a room each. Ji Hyo's and Jong Kook's rooms were separated by Suk Jin's and Kwang Soo's rooms in between them, which made it difficult for the SpartAce to secretly meet up with each other.

 

"Why can't they give us a connecting room? Aish!" Jong Kook babbled on his own while resting alone on his bed. Since he couldn't share room with his wife, all that he thought about was her. He wondered if Ji Hyo has fallen asleep (which is one of her expertise), but his inner voice kept telling him to dial her room extension. "We haven't said goodnight to each other. She must be waiting for me to call. Maybe I should," Jong Kook justified his own action to communicate with Ji Hyo at 4 in the morning.

 

But she only answered after the fifth beep, "Yoboseyo."

"Omo.. yeobo. You're sleeping already?" he felt guilty for waking her up.

Ji Hyo was yawning over the phone, "Oh.. oppa. Why are you calling?"

"Ah ni. I just want to say goodnight. Rest well yeobo. Saranghaeyo."

"Saranghaeyo oppa," she ended the call with another yawn.

 

Jong Kook scolded himself for disturbing Ji Hyo's beauty sleep. Still, the short conversation made him smiled. In the dark, Jong Kook kept staring at the ceiling. His mind was still replaying the scene at the lunch table. "It really feels great without that Bo Lin guy around. Who does he think he is.. trying to flirt with my wife? Dream on, little boy! Song Ji Hyo is mine. You're just a fake," the Commander proudly declared his victory. The Commander humming himself to sleep, smiling all the way till he dozed off and sailed in his dream.

 

Exactly at 7am, someone was sent to wake the Commander. As he was still sleepy, Jong Kook was confused when the PD gave him a mission. He read the instruction card in front of the camera, "Pair up with a member by sharing the gloves with your partner. The first pair to arrive at the lobby will have an advantage during the breakfast. The member who doesn't have a partner will receive a penalty."

 

Immediately, Jong Kook washed his face and went straight to Ji Hyo's room. But he accidentally bumped into Haha who came to him and said, "Hyung! We must hurry. Gary and Ji Hyo were already leaving!". "Mwo? She went with him?" his face changed when he heard the news. Reluctantly, the Commander agreed to pair up with Haha. The two were rushing to the lobby using the stairs, and Jong Kook let out his frustration (as he wasn't happy that Ji Hyo didn't choose him) by scolding his partner for slowing him down.

 

But once they arrived, Jae Suk and Gary were already there as the first team. "Aren't you with Ji Hyo?" Jong Kook was confused when he saw the rapper with a different partner. "Ahneeoh! She doesn't want to be paired with me because it's not Monday," Gary was a bit upset as he told his story that made Jae Suk and Haha burst into laughter. Spontaneously, the Commander sent a sharp stare at Haroro. The short guy immediately apologized for deceiving Jong Kook, and justified his action as a way to avoid the penalty.

 

"If the Easy Brothers were in a team, then Ji Hyo will be punished," Jae Suk made a comment. Even Gary was supporting the statement, "Well maybe that's the karma for rejecting her Monday Boyfriend!". While everyone else were laughing, Jong Kook's eyes were searching for his wife. He was worried if Ji Hyo fail to pair up with one of the remaining members, which means the Ace will face the penalty on her own. 'Jaebal.. I hope Kwang Soo will choose her over Suk Jin!' he prayed hard in his heart to brush off his guilt.

 

Two minutes later, the final pair arrived. Jong Kook face changed when he saw Kwang Soo sharing his gloves with Suk Jin - meaning that Ji Hyo was the one without a partner. Although the rest were congratulating the Easy Brothers for their success to form a team, Jong Kook just lowered his head and searched for a better word to apologize to the Ace. Knowing Ji Hyo, she would definitely be upset for his decision to partner with Haha, and that could lead to an argument with his wife off the camera.

 

As the first team to arrive, Jae Suk and Gary were allowed to enjoy the buffet breakfast for an hour, while the other two pairs were given half an hour to eat as much as possible. As the PD didn't mention about the punishment, Jong Kook asked for clarification, "So what will happen to Ji Hyo? Will she be able to have breakfast with us?"

 

"You will find out soon. For now, just enjoy your breakfast," the PD refused to reveal more. As the camera was rolling, Jong Kook had to obey the rule of the game and just went along with the rest of the crew. All of them sat at a round table that was reserved for them, and everyone was trying to figure out what has happened to the only female member of Running Man.

 

As there was only ten minutes before they need to finish their breakfast, Jong Kook was getting anxious. "Is Ji Hyo not allowed to have breakfast with us? It's almost time, but she isn't here!" the Commander kept staring at his wrist watch, and the rest of the casts did the same. When Jae Suk tried to get an explanation from the PD, he was given a mission card in return. So the national emcee read it out loud, "While all of you were enjoying your breakfast, we have kidnapped Song Ji Hyo and transferred her to a different location. In your team, you need to find clues that will reveal her location and save her within six hours. The time starts.. now."