The Day We Moved On

How Come You Don't Know?

The sudden phone call that he received made him panic a little. His eyes spontaneously scanning around carefully, making sure that it's safe to answer it in an open area. "Yoboseyo.. ne Mr. President. I'm currently waiting for them at a cafe. It shouldn't be that long," he glanced at his wristwatch and exhaled to calm his fast beating heart. The firm voice of Mr. Kim was clearly heard through the phone speaker, "Good. Just get the job done and the CEO position is ready for you once you're back in Korea."

 

"About that.." Tae Jun was slightly stammering as he tried to respond, "There's a small change in the plan. Since Jong Kook has agreed with the arrange marriage, I'd suggest that we do not rush into this. Your son will become suspicious if something happens to his lady too soon, so my proposal is we should at least wait till she's done with that Chinese show."

"Wae geu rae Kim Tae Jun ssi?! Are you reluctant because of that woman?"

"Ahneeoh.. she's not worth the CEO position that you've promised me, sir. I just want to ensure that her disappearance will look 'natural' so your name will be cleared from the list of suspects. Isn't that the reason why you hire me?"

"Geurae! I'll go with your suggestion this time. But if I find out that you're helping them behind my back.. I'm going to make sure that you'll learn what money and power can do to a traitor," a strong warning was given by the old man which drove Tae Jun's heart to beat wildly.

"Algesumnida, Mr. President. I will let you know on my next step after this so you can be sure of my loyalty as your right-hand man. Anyway, I believe it's not too early to congratulate you for your son's upcoming wedding.. isn't it? I'm sure you're looking forward to welcome the Moon's daughter as part of the Kims."

Mr. Kim giggled at Tae Jun's words, "Indeed! But I'll be happier once you get rid of that woman for good."

 

Just then, a car approached and caught Tae Jun's eyes. He immediately ended the phone call with Mr. Kim the moment Jong Kook and Ji Hyo arrived at the cafe. With a force smile on his face, Tae Jun greeted them both and invited the SpartAce to have coffee before leaving to the airport. "Aren't you worried about your flight? You guys have about 2 hours left before the gate close," Jong Kook was hesitated to join his cousin for a drink. Tae Jun nodded and requested for his bill from a nearby waiter. After paying for the coffee, the three of them walked straight to Jong Kook's car and headed to the next destination.

 

"You didn't bring much items with you, Seong-Im. Do you plan to come back to Korea every weekend?" Tae Jun was curious when he noticed that he brought more luggage than the actress. Jong Kook who was helping his cousin to load the bags into the car answered the question on behalf of the Ace, "She's still part of Running Man family as of now. So there's no need for my Ji Hyo to take all of her stuff to Taiwan." Tae Jun was surprised to hear his cousin's explanation as he thought that the actress has gave up her involvement in the physically demanding variety show just to focus on her pregnancy, "Mworago? But wouldn't that be too tiring for her condition?"

 

But Ji Hyo replied with a calm voice, "Gwaenchana. I will take a break if it's too much for my own limit. Besides.. Running Man is the only reason I have to be with my man, so I can't call it a quit until I really need to." She cling on to Jong Kook's arm and smiled at the Commander who was gazing into her eyes with love. The way SpartAce stared at each other proven that their bond is still strong despite the fact that they had to give up on their marriage and living in a different country. That made Tae Jun heaved a sigh as he recalled the conversation he had with Jong Kook's father.

 

"Is there something wrong, my brother?" the Commander noticed the long silence of his cousin who was locking his guilty eyes on Ji Hyo. Tae Jun just shook his head in denial and urged them to speed up to the airport. Inside of the car, only Jong Kook and Ji Hyo were talking, while Tae Jun just sat quietly at the backseat - listening to every detail of the SpartAce's small talk. He was touched by how much concern Jong Kook was towards his woman, and how gentle Ji Hyo was while speaking to her man. From the eyes, no one can tell that those two were suffering from a broken marriage. But the one thing that still haunting Tae Jun was the 'instruction' that he received from his uncle. He knew that sooner or later, a final decision has to be made or there won't be any future for him.

 

Once the car entered the airport area, Jong Kook dropped off Ji Hyo at the main gate after unloading her luggage onto a trolley. "Mianhae. I can't send you inside without being notice. But I will still be here until you're on board, arachi?" Jong Kook's fingers caressed Ji Hyo's hair as they bid farewell. Only God knows how much she wanted to plant a kiss on her man's cheek, but the actress had to hold herself in the open area. Thus far not many people were aware of their presence, hence they got no choice but to cut the face-to-face conversation short and continue with instant messages.

 

In order to avoid speculation among the public, Ji Hyo entered the building first without Tae Jun. Once she was few feet away from the car, the two men were ready to say their goodbye to each other. However, Tae Jun decided to grab the small opportunity to remind his cousin of their agreement, "Can you get those things done before the weekend?"

 

Jong Kook sighed, "I had to. The wedding will take place soon and this is my only chance to do the right thing. I can't let Ji Hyo waiting for this moment for too long. She has suffered enough."

"True. But in case you fail.. do we still proceed with plan B?"

After a short silence, Jong Kook nodded while lowering his head.

Tae Jun continued, "You do realize what will happen then.. don't you? Plan B means Ji Hyo will end up as my wife and your child will become mine when we return to Korea three years from now. Are you sure you're ready to accept that?"

"If that will stop everyone from questioning her pregnancy later.. then I'd rather have you as my replacement than losing my love ones to that Bo Lin guy. At least.. I know where to find them and how they've been even though I am no longer part of the family. But you must promise me something."

"A promise? What is it?"

Jong Kook stared straight at Tae Jun's face, "Promise me that no matter how long you guys are staying together, you should never fall in love with her.. and she shouldn't fall in love with you. Other than that.. please take good care of my family. They are my everything."