The Way We Kissed

How Come You Don't Know?

Jong Kook anxiously waited for Ji Hyo to respond to his question. Her expression was unreadable. He couldn't tell whether she's happy or upset with him. But one thing for sure, her silence was killing him. "Ji Hyo please.. say something," he pleaded. She carefully put down her chopsticks and drank her juice. Her eyes were staring at the floor before shifting back to his face. Finally she responded, "Oppa.. we've promised not to cross.."

 

"Forget about the 'friend zone', yeobo. It never suit us anyway. We both know that.. or at least I know that. I know it because I.. am not ready to lose you. You're part of me that will always exist.. no matter how much it hurts for me to love you," he uttered the words from the bottom of his heart, praying that she could see his sincerity towards her. Ji Hyo's hand was firmly held by Commander, as if he wouldn't let it go till he got the answer that he's been waiting for.

 

But the problem was.. Ji Hyo was scared to reopen her heart for Jong Kook. She's afraid that he will break it for the second time. If that ever happened, she wondered if she's strong enough to forgive him and just move on. After all, he just said that loving her is hurting him. Honestly Ji Hyo couldn't understand what he meant by that, so she responded to Jong Kook in the form of a question. "Even if I say 'yes'.. will it change the fact that our marriage has ended?"

 

"And if I said that it will? Would you like to start over?" a spark of hope flaming in his eyes. This was his chance to let her know half of the truth, so he wanted to do it right. But assuming that Jong Kook was making fun of her, Ji Hyo exploded in anger, "Stop fooling around, oppa! Do you think it's funny to play with a woman's heart?!". Without saying a word, Jong Kook took out an envelope from his bag pack and put it on the table. "I know you don't believe me.. which is why I will prove myself to you with this," he said before asking her to have a look at the document inside of the envelope.

 

At first Ji Hyo was contemplating to open the envelope, but she did it anyway. Just by looking at the header, she already knew what it was and where it's coming from. Her heart skipped a beat even before she saw the content of the document. A few negative thoughts began to haunt her mind - what if Jong Kook has signed the divorce paper and the reason she was invited to the vacation is for him to handover the document? Is she really going to lose him this time?

 

"Technically.. I'm still your husband, Ji Hyo."

 

agape the moment she heard that. Her eyes blinked a couple of times as she read the document in her hand. Ji Hyo was surprised to find out that Jong Kook hasn't signed the divorce document yet - which means that they are still husband-and-wife according to the law. "What is all these oppa? Why haven't you signed this?" question after question were thrown at him, but Jong Kook remained calm. He took his time to adress her confusion, "I will if you give me a good reason why I should.. cause right now, my heart refused to let you go. Mianada."

 

Tears ran down from her eyes freely. She wasn't sure whether she was too happy or too furious at him for hiding the truth about their marriage. Ji Hyo was having a hard time to control her emotion, so she decided to leave the table. But there's no where to hide, and within seconds Jong Kook was already pulling her into his arms. "Mianhae my love. Please tell me that you don't want this marriage to end. I was stupid for asking you to leave.. when I was the one who felt insecure with our future. Jaebal.. will you forgive this fool who doesn't know how best to protect the one he loves?"

 

Ji Hyo forcefully detached herself from him. She hit his chest repeatedly as she cried, but he just stood in front of her like a statue. "You're cruel.. Kim Jong Kook! How could you do this to me? Why must you lie about our marriage? Why did you make me believe that it's over? Do you know how painful it is to pretend to be strong? I hate you Jong Kook.. I really hate you!"

 

He immediately pulling her back into his arms, and this time he held his wife wholeheartedly. Jong Kook had to bury his face on her shoulder as he too was getting emotional, cause he still has a lot to say to Ji Hyo other than his sorry. "Don't push me away anymore.. yeobo. Jaebal. Let me keep your heart with me.. don't give it to someone else. I will die without it. Don't kill me Ji Hyo, please. I really want to live and grow old with you. I.. I love you."

 

Tears were the only 'words' to describe how they truly feel about each other. It represents their happiness, sadness and thankfulness for the day the brought them back together. He was grateful to have her back. She was glad that he fought for her. Though they were at the lowest point of their relationship, their love was growing stronger and has not lacking over time.

 

"You don't need to ask me twice, oppa. My answer has never changed.. cause my world is you," Ji Hyo smiled. He naturally caressed her hair and tuck it behind her ears, then wiped her tears with his finger. "I guess there's one thing left to do," he said and went back to the table to take the divorce paper. Her eyes were focusing on his move, wondering what Jong Kook intended to do with the document that he hasn't signed. The Commander walked back to his wife, holding the paper in his hand with a big smile on his face.

 

Out of curiosity, Ji Hyo popped a question. "What do you want to do with that?". "I want you to witness this," he said - then torn the divorce paper into smaller pieces and let them be taken away by the wind. His action surprised her and made her speechless. The feeling was similar to breaking free from an invisible prison, giving a sense of freedom to love one another without being fear. She thanked him for that feeling with a cuddle, to which Jong Kook received it with open arms.

 

"Can I get more than a hug from my beautiful wife?" he smiled sheepishly.

"What else do you want?" she innocently asked.

"How about a kiss?" he closed his eyes and pouted his lips - waiting for her lips to reach his.

She laughed at his persistency for some romance, "Geurae."

 

Then she peck his lips. For real. Ji Hyo transferred all her love for her husband in that long, single kiss. It was everything that described her feeling for Jong Kook, and she hoped that he would understand her 'language'. Naturally his hands travelled behind her back - pulling his wife closer against him. They kept the kiss going until they need a break to breathe, then they laughed at the sudden romance which wasn't part of the plan.

 

"I must admit that you're a genius oppa," her face was beaming as she locked her eyes on him.

But Jong Kook couldn't understand what she meant by that, "Wae? What did I do?".

"Trapping me on this boat so I have no choice but to listen to your confession. That's really.. brilliant."

He smiled proudly, "I know you too well, yeobo. But it's not just me.. you know. You're part of this too."

"How can I be?" she was clueless.

"If you didn't agree to go on this vacation with me.. I couldn't have told you the truth, and I might not have that kiss," his eyes were aiming at her lips, then slowly he leaned towards her for another round of smooching.

She defended her lips from being invaded by pushing him away, "Yaa.. you promised me for an adventure. When are we going to do that?"

"I have all the adventures I need on this boat," he playfully replied and attempted for another kiss.

 

"Yaa Kim Jong Kook! Why are you like this? Stop it!" she immediately escaped from him and ran away with a laugh. When she provoked him to catch her, Jong Kook was all fired up. "You can run.. but you can't hide yeobo!" he easily captured his target and locked her firmly in his arms. "Yaa.. let me go now!" she tried to remove his hand from her shoulders, but Jong Kook was too strong for her. When he refused, Ji Hyo sunk her teeth on his skin and it works every time. "Yaa! Why do you always bite me?!" he protested, to which she replied, "That's what you get for being a naughty husband!"