The Person We Blamed

How Come You Don't Know?

Ji Hyo just left the question hanging to give herself time to think. She closed the front door and kept her belongings in her bedroom - not saying a word more to her husband. As he didn't get her to respond, Jong Kook followed his wife wherever she went. "Why can't you answer me?! Look at my face when I'm talking!" he shouted furiously.

 

She turned around to face him. It wasn't her first time having to deal with Jong Kook's wrath, which was the reason why she didn't immediately rebut. "I will explain to you when you're ready to listen," Ji Hyo briefly replied and continued to unpack her stuff. As he was clouded by anger, Jong Kook didn't realized that he just held her wrist tightly with his strong grip. She hissed in pain, but he seemed to ignore it. His focus was only on getting the answer he needed, "Don't try to avoid that question and explain yourself to me right now!"

 

"Let go of my hand if you want me to talk!" she was also shouting, not able to hold her patience any longer. His fingerprints had left red marks on her fair skin, but Ji Hyo just hid it from his view. Jong Kook can be a bit aggressive when he was furious, but not to a point where he would want to hurt her physically. "I'm not going to lie to you about Bo Lin. Yes I met him.. but it was merely by coincidence. I need a ride to the airport and he happened to be there to help."

 

But Jong Kook wasn't satisfied with her answer, "That doesn't explain why you went to China in the middle of the shoot!".

She sighed, "That was unplanned too. I was informed by one of the crew that the producer of that China show was calling me for an urgent meeting.. but it turned out to be a scam set by your father. He wanted to meet me elsewhere where you or anyone who knew about us wouldn't be around when we were discussing, so he made an arrangement for a secret meeting in China. You can ask your father to validate my story if you don't believe me."

"I don't believe you! My father is in Japan right now.. attending a gathering with my mother. They sent me a picture today and his assistant had confirmed it."

Ji Hyo finally realized the whole thing, "Jinjja? Oh.. now I get it. So it was a trap after all. That's why he decided to meet in China out of many places. Your father must have planned it well."

"Stop talking in riddles! What other excuses you want to give to me now?!"

"Please wake up, Kim Jong Kook! Don't you know what your father is doing? He wants us to go against each other.. so we will end up fighting like this!"

"I know my father has not accepted our marriage.. but don't you accuse him just to hide the truth about you and Bo Lin!"

"Listen to yourself, Kim Jong Kook. You really had no idea what I went through just to defend our relationship from those who can't wait to destroy it. Now what's the point of me protecting our marriage when you can't even trust your wife?!"

"I guess my father was right. Maybe we should get a divorce so you can do as you please with Chen Bo Lin or whoever boyfriend that you like!"

"So that's how you want to settle this? By getting a divorce? I didn't know that you're such a coward, Kim Jong Kook."

"Don't try to shift the blame on me, Ji Hyo! Just because I love you that doesn't mean I will accept anything that you did without a question!"

"Don't talk about love when you can't protect me from getting hurt, Kim Jong Kook. I'm trying my best to be strong.. but I can't do it alone. If you really want this marriage to work, you need to trust me as much as I trust you. Think with a rational mind.. not with an emotional heart. It's the only way to win against the odd."

He scoffed, "Trust is when I don't have a reason to doubt you, Ji Hyo. But that's the problem, isn't it? You always take it for granted."

"Why do you need to feel so insecure?! Is it not enough that I love you and be your wife?!"

 

He didn't reply. Jong Kook turned around and left her bedroom - walking straight towards the exit. Ji Hyo immediately went after him, "Don't do this to us, oppa. Jaebal.."

 

But he just stormed out, leaving her behind without a proper goodbye. Naturally her eyes were filled with tears. But Ji Hyo wasn't sobbing. She had done crying pathetically for the same man who's been asking the same thing - a divorce. Ji Hyo went back into her room and threw herself on the bed. All by herself, she tried to reflect where she had done wrong.

 

When Bo Lin dropped her at the airport, Ji Hyo noticed a black car was following them from behind. She suspected that Mr. Kim has sent those men to keep an eye on her. So instead of taking the same plane that was arranged by Jong Kook's father, Ji Hyo decided to board a different airline. Because of that, she was 2 hours late than her agreed time with the Running Man PD. Ji Hyo wanted to inform about the change in plan, but her handphone was out of battery. Therefore, no one in Korea knew what happened to her while she was away.

 

"Why is this happening to us, oppa? How much more can I take just to be with you?" she questioned her decision to fight for her marriage, now that it hurts her more than making her happy. Ji Hyo closed her eyes. Her heart was in a deep pain. She kept telling herself that everything will be fine and Jong Kook will soon realize that it wasn't her fault, yet it was something that she's been struggling to believe in. A piece of 'puzzle' seems to be missing from her marriage, but she couldn't tell what it is or where to find it. All she knows is that her relationship was incomplete without it.

 

Once she found her strength, Ji Hyo got up from her bed and took out her handphone. After plugged in the charger, she dragged her feet to the bathroom for a long shower. Ji Hyo came out 20 minutes later, then observed herself in front of mirror for almost 10 minutes. Her phone rang, so she went to take a look at it. The moment she saw the caller ID, Ji Hyo decided to ignore it. But the same person kept calling her for a couple of time. After the 7th ringing, it finally stop.

 

The call was replaced by a text message, which she did read in case it was urgent. The message was coming from Bo Lin:

'Momo.. have you arrived safely? I was just worried about you since you didn't pick up my call. Hope everything is fine.'

 

She replied to him:

'Sorry. I was in the shower. Yes I have arrived. Thank you for asking.'

 

Then Bo Lin sent another message:

'Glad you have. By the way, do you remember what I've told you about our next date? I've found the best place for us to have fun under the sun. Can't wait to take you there.' 

 

She just ignored the last message. Ji Hyo has no interest to discuss about her second date with Bo Lin, now that her relationship with Jong Kook is on the verge of breaking down. Her focus is more on her husband rather than her on-screen boyfriend, but she doubt that Jong Kook realized it. Nothing that she said or done could convince the man that she loves him dearly, and loneliness became her 'best friend' the moment he walked out from her.

 

Then she remembered something. Tomorrow, she had to face him and the rest of Running Man family when the shooting resumed. They will definitely demand for an explanation from her with regard to her disappearance, and Ji Hyo wondered how many of them had found out where she went to or why. Right now, she desperately needs her rest before having to deal with another 'drama'. There were too much questions to be answered, but too little time to think it over. She knew that she wasn't ready for it.