The Dilemma We Faced

How Come You Don't Know?

Days had passed, and it's time for Ji Hyo to fly for the next shoot in Bali. She has been hoping for her man to send her all the way to the airport, but Jong Kook couldn't make it as he told her that he needed to meet Jung Nam at the studio. "Have a safe flight, yeobo. Just enjoy your 'holiday' in Bali. Don't think about the work at my father's office on Monday.. cause I don't want you to be distracted," he pecked her forehead as he sent his wife to the car.

 

"Oppa.. are you sure it's okay for me to go there.. I mean.. with Bo Lin?" Ji Hyo just wanted to be sure that her 'job' to date the young actor will not hurt her one man. As he wasn't in favour of it, Jong Kook forced a laugh, "Gwaenchana! I know why you're there.. and I believe you won't be alone with him, am I right? So I have no concern to let you go." She nodded with a smile - happy that Jong Kook has approved her journey with Bo Lin. Ji Hyo was glad that her husband will always support her career as an actress, especially now that their communication and trust seemed to improve much from how it was before.

 

She threw herself to him before getting into her car, giving her man one last hug as a way to show how much she will miss him while they were apart. The SpartAce almost cry in each other's arms, yet none of them would want to ruin that moment. "Gomawo oppa. I will come home to you as soon as I can," Ji Hyo whispered to his ear. He nodded, "I'll be waiting for my queen to return to me.. safe and sound. Call me once you're there. Saranghae."

 

The couple kissed secretly through the window of the car, and only then she drove away from him. Behind the wheel, Ji Hyo's eyes were already flooded with tears. The last few days have allowed her to fall in love even deeply with Jong Kook, which made the temporary goodbye even harder. She wished to spend days in Bali with her husband, not Chen Bo Lin. However, Ji Hyo can't do much as she has committed to the programme way before her relationship with the Commander becomes closer.

 

At the airport, fans were already crowding the area with banners and posters. They wanted to show support to their favourite Orange Juice Couple from a close distance, and the opportunity to see Ji Hyo and Bo Lin live in front of their very eyes made them screamed in excitement. "Momo.. you're here! I miss you," Bo Lin naturally approached the actress and wrapped her in his arms with a smile. Fans were screaming frantically as they witnessed the Bobo-Momo moment behind the camera. They believed that the romance is real. As everyone including the crews of the production were watching, Ji Hyo couldn't be too obvious in showing her disagreement with the sudden affection. So she just playfully pushed him away instead of scowling at Bo Lin.

 

"Wouldn't it be easier for you to travel from Taiwan? Why do you need to depart from Seoul?" Ji Hyo threw the question to the young actor when she had the chance. He leaned over to whisper the answer, "Because I want to be on this journey with you." Due to the noise from the crowd, Ji Hyo also had to whisper to his ear, "I appreciate if you just keep the romance for the camera.. or the fans will assume otherwise." "The fans love us, Momo. We should at least make them happy with small gestures," he smiled to her, and she immediately looked away to avoid his stare.

 

While waiting to go through the check-in gate, Bo Lin bought a cup of hot Americano for Ji Hyo and drinks for other film crews. The Orange Juice Couple sat at a corner - sharing a bench while being surrounded by the "We Are In Love" production team. Bo Lin kept the conversation going, although Ji Hyo wasn't that interested to talk. Most of the time she responded with a nod, and sometimes with only one or two words just to show some respect to her on-screen partner. Ten minutes later they were ready to make a move, so the Orange Juice Couple waved goodbye to the fans who sent them off at the airport.

 

Not to their knowledge, two pairs of eyes had been observing their behaviour from a secret hideout. They saw everything from the start - the hugging, the whispering and the coffee moment. One of them was anxious, while the other was hurt by what they saw. "Hyung.. you should have told noona that you're here. I'm sure that Bo Lin will not dare to lay his hands on her," Kwang Soo shared his opinion while they both spying on Ji Hyo at the airport. He was also furious at Bo Lin for 'taking advantage' on Ji Hyo in public. The fact that he knew about SpartAce made him shared the same pain of his hyung, which Kwang Soo could relate why Jong Kook would need him around in that moment.

 

"I already promised that I will trust her no matter what," Jong Kook heaved a sigh. Once Ji Hyo has gone, he led Kwang Soo to the car. When they both have fastened their seat belts, Jong Kook continued with the conversation, "If she knew that I was there, she might have second thought about going to Bali. I can't let her neglect her responsibility just because I am not comfortable with it. That's very.. selfish." Kwang Soo shook his head, "It's not wrong to be selfish if you really love her, hyung. Why do you need to hurt yourself when someone else will be having fun with your girlfriend? Don't you feel upset that Bo Lin can openly express his feeling for noona while you had to hide it from everybody else?"

 

Though he agreed with the tall guy, Jong Kook still remembered his words to Ji Hyo, "Of course I am in pain, Kwang Soo. I mean.. who wouldn't? But I know your noona very well. She loves me. Only me. No one else. That's enough for me to believe in my woman."

"You're amazing, hyung. Noona is so lucky to have you. If I am her man, I would have confronted Bo Lin there and then."

Jong Kook laughed, "You always talk big, Kwang Soo aah.. but in reality, you're too nice to others. I don't think you'll confront him in public."

"Aish.. hyung! I just want to keep a good image among my friends. You haven't seen me in action when I'm fired up."

"Good image? Yaa.. that's totally contradicting with your reputation as betrayer my friend!" Jong Kook teased his dongsaeng.

"I know right? But it's fun to have split personality once in a while.. so I can be less predictable."

 

Then there was a moment of silence. Kwang Soo was busy playing with his handphone, while Jong Kook's mind was roaming in space. He kept replaying the scene at the airport, while questioning himself if Kwang Soo was right when the tall man said that he should fight for his right i.e. his woman. Maybe he should be protective when it comes to Ji Hyo, which could means he should 'join' his wife on her date with Bo Lin. But on the other hand, he doubt if she would be happy to see him around when she's working. A voice whispered in his head, 'Otteoke Ji Hyo aah? Will your heart still be mine when it's over?'