The Conflict We Dealt With

How Come You Don't Know?

Ji Hyo was too tired to remember how she ended up on her bed. Thankfully the loud ringing from her alarm clock had awaken her from a deep sleep, or else she would have been late for her second day at work. When Ji Hyo switched on her handphone again, she was surprised to know that Jong Kook has been trying to reach her number for countless time before that. So immediately she returned his call to apologize to her man for disconnecting herself from him, "Yoboseyo.. oppa. Mianhae. I just woke up when I heard my alarm screaming. Were you trying to reach me last night?"

 

"Yeobo.. are you not working today?" Jong Kook wondered why she hasn't leave her bed as it was almost 7am (Korea time). Ji Hyo glanced at the wall clock and realized that she has little time to get ready. She hurriedly grabbed her towel while continuing her phone conversation with the Commander, "I am, oppa. Aigoo! I think I snooze my alarm clock when it rang the first time and now I'm running late!". "Just calm down, yeobo. You still have 2 hours before 9," Jong Kook tried to reduce her stress, hoping that they can continue to talk for few minutes more before she went to the office. He missed her voice so much, but it seems it was a bad time to 'disturb' his wife. 

 

As much as he hates to admit, Jong Kook knew Ji Hyo wasn't able to focus on him like she used to. Things will be different now. Her time is being divided between her role as his wife, her career as an actress and also her new 'job' at his father's company. It was more than a person can take at a time, which Jong Kook felt he was being unfair to the woman he loves. As a man, it was supposed to be his responsibility to defend their marriage - yet it was Ji Hyo who had to struggle all by herself. In this situation, his title as 'Mr. Capable' doesn't mean anything when he couldn't do much except making her life more difficult than it already has.

 

Though she needed to take a shower immediately, Ji Hyo doesn't know how to end the phone conversation without upsetting her husband. Furthermore, it was her fault for not answering his calls last night. Ji Hyo had forgotten to turn on her handphone after she switched it off as 'instructed' by Mr. Kim in one of the 'terms of employment' that she has signed earlier. In the contract, she wasn't allowed to communicate with her husband or anyone else who is not an employee of the company, or she will pay the 'price' for her failure to oblige the agreement.

 

"Oppa, is it okay if I talk to you later? I have to.." before she could say more, Jong Kook already got the signal. He cut off her words by saying, "Arasso.. arasso. Go and get ready for work. We will continue this whenever you can. Actually I just want to ask if you can pick me up at the airport this evening, but never mind. Call me once you're free, arachi?". The SpartAce were saying goodbye to each other, then proceed with their own business.

 

When Jung Nam saw his friend heaved a long sigh, he casually approached the Commander and asked if everything is going well. "I'm not sure anymore, Nam. I know how important it is for Ji Hyo to win my father's heart by working for him at the office, but I just realized that it only grows the distance between us. We no longer have time for each other.. and I wonder if someday.. without I knowing it.. I had already lost her. Otteoke?" Jong Kook buried his face in his hands, not allowing a single tear to drop from his eyes in front of a male friend. Patting on the shoulder of his friend, Jung Nam replied, "So you have to make sure that it will never happen, Kook. If she can't come to you.. then you're the one who must go to her. Don't allow even a small chance for her to leave.. or for other men to take her away from you. Just love her sincerely.. and she will forever be yours."

 

Ji Hyo was surprised when few of her male colleagues were 'gathering' in front of the elevator, as if they were waiting for her arrival. True enough, even though the elevator was not full, the men only (and fighting to) got in when the Ace entered the confined space. As a result, the elevator was really pack with people - going to the same level as her. It was extremely uncomfortable for Ji Hyo to be stuck with them although it was merely for a minute, as she had to entertain their never-ending questions and 'protect' herself from their naughty attempt for some 'skinship' with the actress.

 

But her nightmare doesn't end there. The moment she arrived at her work desk, there were several bouquet of flowers and gifts at her place - making it 'outstanding' as compared to the rest of her female colleagues area. Once Ji Hyo sat on her chair, one by one of her male colleagues dropped by at her workstation - trying their luck to ask her out for lunch. Fortunately, Mdm. Cho saved her when she called the Ace to meet up with her at the manager's room. "Seong-Im ssi.. I don't know the details so much, but you need to meet up with the HR Director immediately. That was the instruction given to me this morning," her superior seemed to be worried about the Ace's situation.

 

With the help from Mdm. Cho, Ji Hyo safely arrived at Tae Jun's office. Her manager left when the Secretary allowed the actress to enter the room, then closed back the door for some privacy. "Have a seat, Seong-Im ssi. Do you know why you're here?". Ji Hyo shook her head innocently. The way Tae Jun was staring at her was making her anxious - unlike the same man whom she met yesterday. But the actress finally understood his reaction when he said, "For your information, we received quite a number of complaints from the staff about you.. and to be honest, this is the first time for an intern to be overwhelmed with such problem on her second day at work."

 

Then Tae Jun showed her a piece of paper, "I've printed this email thread for you to read. These 'chain-letters' to the President and myself were describing the 'chaos' that resulted from your presence here.. so as a HR Director I have to take the necessary action that I deemed to be fit in order to address the problem."

"Jwosonghamnida, Tae Jun ssi. I didn't mean to create a problem for this organization.. but it is impossible for me to 'control' the behaviour of others around me," she returned the paper to him.

He just nodded, "I understand.. and I don't blame you for that. You're already a famous celebrity way before you work here, so we should have expected this.. madness. Therefore, the President has agreed to relocate you to a new Department.. without others on the same team."

"Relocate? To where?"

"Soon we will have a new Project Director who will be looking into our client base internationally. She will report duty in three months.. but while waiting for her, Mr. Kim wants you to take care of the work on his behalf."

"Mwo? But.. I don't have experience in project management. I'm still new here."

"It's not my call, Seong-Im ssi. The decision was made by the President himself.. so if you are against it, you need to meet up with him personally."

Ji Hyo heaved a heavy sigh, "At least.. may I know who will I be working with?"

Tae Jun smiled, "I'm sure you know her. She's in the same field as you."

"Who?"

"Miss Moon Geun Young."